Mafia: The Walking Dead Mafia: Endgame- Mafia win! (31/5/2013) - Page 17

Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead Mafia: Endgame- Mafia win! (31/5/2013)

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

Default Re: The Walking Dead Mafia: Day 2 - My Refuge, My Fortress (05/5/2013)

unvote: jda95
    vote: booster gold

Kinda odd the cop would claim to midorikawa, but I guess the cop feared for Froakie's conversion. Of course now we have two new prime conversion targets in jda and Mido, so that kinda sucks.

The Lord of the Dance m0ckingbird20's Avatar

Visit m0ckingbird20's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Froakie View Post
    I'm against mass claiming to me, not just a few claims. When the cop claims to just one person, that person aka you gets converted, doctor is dead so cop is soon gone. If I'm 'already converted', why would I have been defending jda? I'm happy to provide screenshots of my inbox, we are allowed to.
    That wouldn't help much, messages can be deleted.

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

Midori seems like one of the most town players at the moment after what all happened during Day 1, so this in hindsight… finding it scummy. Because actively looking for scum and posting a lot shouldn’t be all the reason for somebody being mafia. It sounds like you didn’t have an actual problem with any particular post, but were just against her for being active?
    No, not at all. It was because she was fixating on one person because of an insignificant looking vote.

I’m definitely now thinking some Beck-Oswin buddying was at play here.
    No >:I

Also I'm not 100% sure we should be trusting Froakie either, for all we know she could be converted at any point (unless she already has) and if she has a lot of claims she'd be very handy for the mafia. Also the mafia could reason that converting her would be too obvious and that's why they'd do it, because we'd suspect they'd do it.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    Also I'm not 100% sure we should be trusting Froakie either, for all we know she could be converted at any point (unless she already has) and if she has a lot of claims she'd be very handy for the mafia. Also the mafia could reason that converting her would be too obvious and that's why they'd do it, because we'd suspect they'd do it.
    You just defined WIFOM in that last sentence. Which is why Croag should just be treated like any other player at this point.
    That's nice.

Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

Yes, me being the obvious conversion target would be too obvious so they'd do it anyway, and that's just wifom, as missy mentioned. But let's say it's 50/50 I'm picked, game theory suggests the mafia would have a much easier time picking someone that isn't me, because my death wouldn't be a blow to the town really, I'm vanilla, so the town wouldn't have a huge problem lynching me. Which is fine. And testing that plan would lose the mafia their converted player. Picking someone from the other list of players however, and since the pool is larger to choose from, it's harder to tell who has been converted, they have more to gain doing that, along with the fact that other player will bring forward a role with them too. My innocence at the start isn't an advantage for the mafia if they have a converter, it's honestly a disadvantage for them to convert me. As I said, feel free to lynch me whenever.

Distrust me if you like, vote me out if you want to to test it, and that's why the mafia most likely won't target me for a conversion, not because of wifom "will they, won't they", but because their converted player would be much harder to find if they weren't out in the open like I am.

Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Okay.

Unvote: jda95
    Vote: Booster Gold

I wasn't really thinking about Booster Gold all that much, to be honest. I can see it, though. He seems a bit confused, but maybe it's just a facade.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Yes, me being the obvious conversion target would be too obvious so they'd do it anyway, and that's just wifom, as missy mentioned. But let's say it's 50/50 I'm picked, game theory suggests the mafia would have a much easier time picking someone that isn't me, because my death wouldn't be a blow to the town really, I'm vanilla, so the town wouldn't have a huge problem lynching me. Which is fine. And testing that plan would lose the mafia their converted player. Picking someone from the other list of players however, and since the pool is larger to choose from, it's harder to tell who has been converted, they have more to gain doing that, along with the fact that other player will bring forward a role with them too. My innocence at the start isn't an advantage for the mafia if they have a converter, it's honestly a disadvantage for them to convert me. As I said, feel free to lynch me whenever.

Distrust me if you like, vote me out if you want to to test it, and that's why the mafia most likely won't target me for a conversion, not because of wifom "will they, won't they", but because their converted player would be much harder to find if they weren't out in the open like I am.
    The problem with your logic is that if it really is 50/50 that you are converted then you have a higher chance of being mafia than every other player since less than 50% of players are mafia.

That being said, I'm still going to just think of you like every other player like I said before.
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

True, but just an example. I don't personally think I am likely to because it'd be bad for the mafia, but in any case, we should all be treated as equally likely conversion targets, you're right.

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum Achromatic View Post
    Oh good - a confirmed townie.

Vote: Paperhorse
    Useless as usual. The vote I mean by that.

Maybe we should all claim to Froakie?
    This would be bad to do as was explained. Just restating things here since people seem to miss them. If she was converted mafia would get all of our claims. However this can be taken as being eager to clear yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by GengarWithSunglasses View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    I be votin' foh' Jda95 foh' noh reazonz at allzzz. I still be readin' this thread and I be changin' my votez if I deem itz necessary. Yeah, anyway, I'm just gonna' random vote for now, but if I see anything of interest I'll change. I'm just finishing reading the thread right now, so yeah.

Vote: Jda95
    Is this dude for real?
    Hell yeah!

Anyway, I've read the thread and decided to give a serious vote here. I personally think that Beck is scum.

Unvote: Jda95 Vote: Beck

He has been lurking and hasn't really made many aggressive claims yet. I sense a bit of neutrality through his posts and that comes off kind of scummy to me. His posts were usually defensive and the way he defended himself didn't come off positive to me. Then again, nobody really wants to die and everyone has their own writing style. He didn't initially admit to random voting either. He really comes scummy to me. I didn't really notice that so much happened when I posted that retarded random vote, because this isn't usually happens on day 1 (well in games that I've played).
    Lurking doesn't=scum. I don't like how this post starts with being anti-Beck and then goes into neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by Booster Gold View Post
    Wow! Shit got real. Anyways, I haz come to a decision that jda95 vote was a joke vote, mainly because it was early in the game. Explanation would be nice to why he did it, but i'm sure he wouldn't do something that cray-cray.
    I still want to know how you would know that. What made you so sure at the time.

Ok, To anyones question, no that was not my only opinion. I personally think that Mido and Chronos are mafia here's why.

1. The way Mido's playing. To me she's over analyzing everything. That's not bad, but when you try and try again that comes off as scummy. Chronos now,
    I'm not understanding why some are against Yatagarasu playing aggressively when m0ckingbird is doing the same thing
    here's the thing they both really aren't doing the same thing, one critiquing everything to make it look like she's scum hunting, while the other (who hasn't been here a whole lot) critiques what he feels like needs critiquing.

Just to test my theory I'll Vote : Sunburn if he flips town, I am going to vote for you Yatagarusu.

Fos: Yatagarusu, Chronos
    I want to note this because of a later post.

Quote Originally Posted by Yatagarasu View Post
    @Booster Gold; What is your theory because I'm not really understanding it.

Anyways I re-read the thread and caught some things about Sunburn's post that made him look more town in my eyes so I'm going back to my top read.

UNVOTE:Sunburn
    VOTE: Beck

That! That right there proves to me you're mafia.

My theory is that you're trying so hard to "hunt for scum" and you're analyzing every little thing. Either your way to observant, or your mafia. I think your mafia.
    Unvote: Sunburn
    This is that post. I still don't understand how that made me mafia in his eyes and the fact that he unvoted Sunburn makes me suspicious. Why did he vote in the first place if he was going to unvote and not vote again.

Dammit! The doctor has been eliminated! Well look on the bright side, we lynched scum first day.
    Again, anything else to contribute?

I really don't think Beck's and jda95 are scum buddies. After all it was a joke vote.

Yet, with the way Beck was overzealous towards jda95 you just gotta wonder if there in fact scum buddies.

Vote: Jda95 he's the best we got now.
    Again this is contradictory.

@Midorikawa;

It was mostly due to jda's response other people. I was reading through the thread and his posts stood out with more emotional expressions (other than Human, who used pictures) and it seemed he was overreacting.

As for others, give me some time to re-read through the thread.
    So you were reading the stuff on jda but not everything else?

I think Booster might be the governor and therefore the Serial Killer, so even if he isn't mafia he would still be a good lynch as a serial killer is dangerous.

VOTE: Booster Gold

@Booster Gold; Defense?

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

And by saying that you're making yourself an appealing target again, which is just WIFOM in its purest form. Because me pointing this out makes you a less appealing target, which in turn makes you a more appealing target and that repeated untill infinity. Themissingno.'s 50/50 is the best thing to do right now.

The Lord of the Dance m0ckingbird20's Avatar

Visit m0ckingbird20's Youtube Channel

Eh, it looks like Mido isn't lying about it and I can understand why the cop wouldn't contact Froakie.

And since I have already explained why I think Booster is scum.

Vote: Booster Gold

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

I've had a Miller claim and cop claim. If there are any counter claims then claim to me or someone who seems trustworthy to the thread.

Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

And people continue to claim to someone equally or more likely to be converted than me why?

Why do people claim to any random person in thread when there is the rare opportunity of having a 100% confirmed townie at the beginning of a game. Doesn't matter about the converter, they can pick anyone. There might even be a shrink in game which is a role that prevents someone from being converted. You never know.

Yes I said don't mass claim to me. That also went for mass claiming to someone even less innocent than me. What.

I don't want this to be a follow the leader game, but this makes such little logical sense I don't get it.

Blog Entries

dear, every time you post you make it more and more obvious that you've been converted. that's how I see it anyways
    My life is a nightmare

Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

:I what

What have I said that indicates that? Me discussing the fact there may be a converter doesn't imply there is one. Do you agree with people claiming to a player who's alignment isn't known, on the only indicator that they are innocent is by day two they've been successful in posting arguments against people.

Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast