Mafia: The Walking Dead Mafia: Endgame- Mafia win! (31/5/2013) - Page 11

Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead Mafia: Endgame- Mafia win! (31/5/2013)

Blog Entries
    Add Sunburn on Facebook
    Follow Sunburn on Tumblr

Default Re: The Walking Dead Mafia: Day 1 - Seed (05/1/2013)

@Beck; My inactivity and lack of a response? I made a response to his vote here:

Quote Originally Posted by Sunburn View Post
    If you're going Meta, generally I don't vote on Day 1, and I probably will not, however I don't fault people for voting for others in big games like this even if they're voting for me. So you are correct, I am posturing and stating my opinion, if only to encourage reactions like yours. It encourages discussion like the one going on now. I obviously don't agree with your vote, but it got another reaction which results in information, which is a plus.

Truthfully, I don't remember how I played in Day 1 in that game :P and while I agree with Missy that you voted on assumption, I don't really fault you for doing so because of the reasons stated above. If you want to hear what she thinks that's fine, although I don't think that going Meta on a game I don't even remember how I played in is a good idea.
    I haven't made any posts since then, but clearly I did respond to MM's vote, and Parma is completely right. I am stating the obvious, I had no reason to talk but I did so anyway to encourage discussion. I just stated that I agree with being aggressive on day 1 in big games like this, but I personally am probably not going to vote. I don't see what's scummy about that, I was just trying to see if anyone agreed (which obviously they do, seeing as many people are voting for me :P). Obviously, I made a mistake by not taking one side of the argument, but I don't think that's an excuse to lynch someone.

There is nothing worth "Digging deeper" for, it's Day 1 and I was trying to be active, but hey, I guess I learned my lesson. I've always been impartial so I doubt I'll be anything more than average in these games. It's fine if you guys vote for me, it'll be a mislynch but you will gain information on who is most likely scum, e.g. Beck and Yatagarasu, who has been quick to jump on other people's votes, even admitting that "If anyone else would have voted Sunburn I still would have changed my vote at the prospect of the possibility of lynching him." (Post #144).

I am not going to vote Beck to tie it up as that would be petty on my part and would just slow the town down, but I will say that Yatagarasu's willingness to jump on both bandwagons against both Beck and myself looks pretty scummy to me. She could be a zealous townie, or she could be a mafia member eager for a Day 1 mislynch, but either way, swooping in and casting a follow-up to the original vote as soon as a point is brought up on someone doesn't sit well with me.

Well I'm done, but Vote: Yatagarasu to let people know who I think is scum after I flip town, Beck qualifies as well.
    Last edited by Sunburn; 3rd May 2013 at 05:16 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Hey everyone, first off, I'd like to say that I've decided to join in the game because it looked to be incredibly fun, so naturally I took the first chance I got to join in on the fun. I'd like it to keep staying that way, so let's have some more fun guys!

I thought it'd be cool if I got to roleplay as Franziska Von Karma in this game because the idea of a lady whipping zombies and humans too is awesome and I've always wanted to roleplay as an 18 year old woman that whipped stuff.

So with that, lets get to it foolish fools! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Paperhorse View Post
    Froakie is the Innocent Child and allied with the Living.
    Once I read this these questions came to me:

Why would the Innocent Child ask to get themselves cleared immediately on Day 1? Is she instantly cleared because it's mandatory in her ability that she's said to be cleared in the beginning of Day 1? Or is it entirely her choice?

@Froakie; I'd like you to answer those questions.

Regarding her being cleared, I agree that we shouldn't claim to her due to the very high likelihood that a Converter can exist in the game with the Walkers being able to make humans Walkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum Achromatic View Post
    Oh good - a confirmed townie.

Vote: Paperhorse
    Foolish fool! Paperhorse is the host she can't be Mafia!

Anyway, a lot sure has happened. Do you have anything to say?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatagarasu View Post
    Vote: TheMissingno. (Stove)

Obvs mafia, tbh.
    And why is he obvious mafia?
    Not being serious. :P
    I think Yatagarasu was trying to take the game into a serious direction by questioning Chronos there. She probably knew that Chronos was not being serious, but asked anyway to take the game out of RVS. That gave me a town read there.

I'd like to ask this, though. Why vote TheMissingno. out of all the others?

Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    He agrees with you that being active and aggressive is vital, yet doesn't place a vote. He acknowledges that he won't be voting, but paradoxically muses that it would probably be better to be aggressive early. He's posturing.

It's reminiscent of his scumplay in Trouble in Newbieville, but I would find it scummy independent of his Meta regardless.
    That is a very logical deduction Master Mew that I don't expect your scum self to point out. You have given me a Town read here.

You still get whipped by me for no reason at all though.

I feel that the votes on Sunburn are justified and that it would help us receive information that would help us no matter what he flips.

Quote Originally Posted by Parma View Post
    Honestly, I think that Sunburn's post is just stating the obvious. It's not like we haven't heard this all before!
    What about it was "just stating the obvious"? Meta was used on his case that changed

Your only post has been a post in defense of Sunburn. What else you got now?

@Froakie; I hope that you don't get lazy and not form opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum Achromatic View Post
    Maybe we should all claim to Froakie?
    I'm trying to think up of a reason why Achromatic as scum would questionably suggest that maybe everyone should claim to Froakie. Her scum team would need to come up with fakeclaims faster if people actually followed Achromatic's suggestion. There's no reason to potentially put herself in danger like this that I could find if she was Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jda95 View Post
    Vote: Oswin
    It's cos of the username isn't it ;(

Vote: No lynch. 2early
    Why? Do you have nothing to say about what's happened in thread. If we all vote No lynch day one without talking then we get nothing done and are back to square one day two
    I agree with the not claiming to Froakie thing, but votes wise I have nothing to go on. I know getting a kill (even if they're townie) would help, but so far there aren't enough votes on a single person to result in a lynch, not including the possibility of a double voter.
    Weren't there two votes on Sunbun, who had the majority when you posted this post. That should result in a lynch, so with your logic, you should vote Sunburn right?

VOTE: Sunburn

I believe that whatever his alignment flips we'll get information to make some theories up that could help us find Mafia.

I have more to say, but it's getting late and I really have to get some sleep.

Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    I'd like to ask this, though. Why vote TheMissingno. out of all the others?
    Simply for amusement. I even told him myself that I was voting for him. I was the second person to vote and there was nothing to go on at that point in the game.

Blog Entries

Follow Booster the Gawd on Tumblr

Ok, To anyones question, no that was not my only opinion. I personally think that Mido and Chronos are mafia here's why.

1. The way Mido's playing. To me she's over analyzing everything. That's not bad, but when you try and try again that comes off as scummy. Chronos now,
    I'm not understanding why some are against Yatagarasu playing aggressively when m0ckingbird is doing the same thing
    here's the thing they both really aren't doing the same thing, one critiquing everything to make it look like she's scum hunting, while the other (who hasn't been here a whole lot) critiques what he feels like needs critiquing.

Just to test my theory I'll Vote : Sunburn if he flips town, I am going to vote for you Yatagarusu.

Fos: Yatagarusu, Chronos

The Lord of the Dance m0ckingbird20's Avatar

Visit m0ckingbird20's Youtube Channel

@m0ckingbird20; I never ignored MM's case on Sunburn so I don't know why you think I did. I withheld my vote because I wanted to see what came up and then stuff with Beck, jda, and Oswin came up that I was concentrating on since they were active. I can say I didn't see what MM saw in Sunburn's post until where he mentioned me asking if I saw what he saw where I then read carefully and as you saw posted what I read in his post.
    Never mind my bad. I thought you had ignored MM's case against Sunburn.

As for the charisma, I've been on the receiving end of lynches lead by MM plenty of time regardless of alignment, and trust me trying to argue against him is not easy and I always fail. FA once said he was charismatic and she is write considering he's talked himself out of some good situations. Sorry if you find it suspicious if I'm pursuing three other leaders that are active over a single lead.
    I think this is more a matter in what ways we prefer to play than how scummy that action was. But if you don't want to go against MM, then why didn't you follow his lead on Sunburn, I am not talking about voting but agreeing with MM and trying to get a bit more from Sunburn. Also if I am not mistake at the time Sunburn was still active.

Also I didn't jump on the Beck wagon, I was the second vote for starters, and I decided to vote him. I actually meant to vote him before the post in which I did but forgot to. And as for Sunburn I didn't think anyone would follow without more of a reason, but when Beck showed an interest in lynching him by voting then I became the third vote and decided that maybe just maybe I could manage to get another vote on him from someone.
    Understandable, and you got my vote. :)

I haven't attempted yet however because I've been sick all week and its just gotten worse so I didn't feel up to digging through the thread.
    I hope you get well soon. :)

Also: Just because I think someone is suspicious and possible mafia, it doesn't mean I won't work with them to find mafia because there's always a chance of them being town or being innocent. If anyone else would have voted Sunburn I still would have changed my vote at the prospect of the possibility of lynching him.
    No, but usually while people vote someone they are more reluctant to unvote them and vote for the person their former target just voted.

Again I am not confident that you are scum but I am exploring all possibilities.

I'm not understanding why some are against Yatagarasu playing aggressively when m0ckingbird is doing the same thing. So, when Yatagarasu does it, she looks scummy, but m0ckingbird gets a pass? Both are actually doing something. I'm almost inclined to vote Oswin now. You're supposed to make yourself look town, regardless of your alignment. I don't get why he's using that as a reason to vote her.
    Cause I am awesome... jk

OK, seriously now. The difference is that although I am being aggressive I wasn't hasty with my vote while Yatagarasu was both rather quick to vote Beck and also to switch to Beck when the opportunity was given. Currently I believe she has defended herself adequately enough the the accusations cast against her but that certainly doesn't clear her.

As far as Oswin is concerned, he does look quite scummy but I can't get any clear reads on his atm and therefore I think Sunburn is a better option.

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

@Booster Gold; What is your theory because I'm not really understanding it.

Anyways I re-read the thread and caught some things about Sunburn's post that made him look more town in my eyes so I'm going back to my top read.

UNVOTE:Sunburn
    VOTE: Beck

Anyways I re-read the thread and caught some things about Sunburn's post that made him look more town in my eyes so I'm going back to my top read.
    Ouuu!!! Ouuu!!! I wanna know! I wanna know!

Blog Entries

Agreeing with Missy, not being afraid to die is a nice trait in a town member, and being active gives us information which is always a good thing :D I'm also happy that we have a confirmed town member right off the bat. With this being Day 1 I'm probably going to hold off on voting for now, although since this is a big game it would probably be easier to be aggressive early.
    As I said this was very neutral and what irked me the most was the last sentence which should not have been neutral. However only four different people posted before this meaning he had reason to be neutral at that point as there was no real discussion quite yet.

If you're going Meta, generally I don't vote on Day 1, and I probably will not, however I don't fault people for voting for others in big games like this even if they're voting for me.
    meta is everything in mafias. Though I like how you don't mind. I would think mafia would be more worried about having serious votes on them.

So you are correct, I am posturing and stating my opinion, if only to encourage reactions like yours. It encourages discussion like the one going on now. I obviously don't agree with your vote, but it got another reaction which results in information, which is a plus.
    This and the previous quote he doesn't mind being voted and is happy it increases discussion.

Truthfully, I don't remember how I played in Day 1 in that game :P and while I agree with Missy that you voted on assumption, I don't really fault you for doing so because of the reasons stated above.
    Again calm. Also it was all of your posts in that game we were basing off of, not just the day one posts.

If you want to hear what she thinks that's fine, although I don't think that going Meta on a game I don't even remember how I played in is a good idea.
    True using a single game is wrong. If we used single games all the time then many people would slip under that radar as mafia.

I haven't made any posts since then, but clearly I did respond to MM's vote, and Parma is completely right. I am stating the obvious, I had no reason to talk but I did so anyway to encourage discussion. I just stated that I agree with being aggressive on day 1 in big games like this, but I personally am probably not going to vote. I don't see what's scummy about that, I was just trying to see if anyone agreed (which obviously they do, seeing as many people are voting for me :P). Obviously, I made a mistake by not taking one side of the argument, but I don't think that's an excuse to lynch someone.
    Re-reading your two other posts I could see reason to be neutral and you seemed to actually want to help the town. Also the mistake thing I can understand as I did so recently and got lynched, plus mine was much worse.

There is nothing worth "Digging deeper" for, it's Day 1 and I was trying to be active, but hey, I guess I learned my lesson. I've always been impartial so I doubt I'll be anything more than average in these games. It's fine if you guys vote for me, it'll be a mislynch but you will gain information on who is most likely scum, e.g. Beck and Yatagarasu, who has been quick to jump on other people's votes, even admitting that "If anyone else would have voted Sunburn I still would have changed my vote at the prospect of the possibility of lynching him." (Post #144).
    I haven't jumped on anyone's votes. I mistakenly suspected you early on and I also suspected Beck. I voted Beck then changed to you. I voted no one else, though I did just change back to Beck. I remember another player usually inactive that tried to be active day one and we lynched him because of behavior change, he was town so lynching because of activity day one I do not support.

I am not going to vote Beck to tie it up as that would be petty on my part and would just slow the town down, but I will say that Yatagarasu's willingness to jump on both bandwagons against both Beck and myself looks pretty scummy to me. She could be a zealous townie, or she could be a mafia member eager for a Day 1 mislynch, but either way, swooping in and casting a follow-up to the original vote as soon as a point is brought up on someone doesn't sit well with me.
    Just following my suspects. Well trying to lynch my suspects. Also nothing wrong with tying the votes especially if you're town and feel that you can help later on.

She could be a zealous townie
    Thank you for the compliment ;)

Well I'm done, but Vote: Yatagarasu to let people know who I think is scum after I flip town, Beck qualifies as well.
    I like the part after voting me so why not vote him with me.

@m0ckingbird20; Overall Sunburn's lynch is based off of his first post which I pointed had reason to be neutral at that time as I failed to notice. He does need to avoid the word probably because that word is so neutral, though re-reading he's calm and not freaking out. He seems to genuinely care about town. I know I pretty much presented the whole case against him but I've re-read and I see him more as town now. I blame being sick for my misunderstanding

Blog Entries

Follow Booster the Gawd on Tumblr

@Booster Gold; What is your theory because I'm not really understanding it.

UNVOTE:Sunburn
    VOTE: Beck

That! That right there proves to me you're mafia.

My theory is that you're trying so hard to "hunt for scum" and you're analyzing every little thing. Either your way to observant, or your mafia. I think your mafia.
    Unvote: Sunburn

Blog Entries

Ok, 15 minutes and votes will be locked.

@Yatagarsu; All fairly good points, (although some of them do come in contradiction with your original accusations against Sunburn) as a matter of fact I am staring to doubt even more that Sunburn is actually Mafia. I'm not going to unvote Sunburn though cause we are near the end of the phase (less than an hours I believe) and if we start removing votes now it will end in a no lynch. And as Human said, no matter what Sunburn flips it will help give us some good reads.

Edit:
    ninja'd by Booster and CF :P

Blog Entries
    Add Sunburn on Facebook
    Follow Sunburn on Tumblr

If you think she's mafia, why are you not voting for her?

I'm going to Unvote: Yatagarasu and Vote: Beck because I won't tie the votes up, which would be detrimental.

Thank you Yatagarasu for realizing that a single post is not a reason for lynching someone, although it is Day 1 so it's not as bad imo. I'm still wary of you, but since you unvoted me I'll oblige and see if your read on Beck is good. If so, you're as good as cleared and I'll focus my attention elsewhere.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Booster Gold View Post

That! That right there proves to me you're mafia.

My theory is that you're trying so hard to "hunt for scum" and you're analyzing every little thing. Either your way to observant, or your mafia. I think your mafia.
    Unvote: Sunburn
    Trying so hard to scumhunt? Sorry I'm not sitting around and doing nothing like a bunch of other players that are quiet.

If you think she's mafia, why are you not voting for her?

I'm going to Unvote: Yatagarasu and Vote: Beck because I won't tie the votes up, which would be detrimental.

Thank you Yatagarasu for realizing that a single post is not a reason for lynching someone, although it is Day 1 so it's not as bad imo. I'm still wary of you, but since you unvoted me I'll oblige and see if your read on Beck is good. If so, you're as good as cleared and I'll focus my attention elsewhere.
    So much for I am not going to vote for Beck. There was a tie and that means there would be no lynch but instead you jumped for the hammer.

Blog Entries

@m0ckingbird20; What do you mean exactly? Your post is confusing.

Vote Count:
    Paperhorse I-(Spectrum Achromatic)
    Sunburn IV-(Master Mew, Sunburn, m0ckingbird20, HumanDawn)
    Oswin II-(jda95, FinalArcadia)
    Froakie I-(Froakie)
    jda95 II-(Mijzelffan, GengarWithSunglasses)
    Beck V-(TheMissingno., Yatagarasu, Chronos, GengarWithSunglasses, Sunburn)
    Yatagarasu I-(Oswin)

Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast