Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Default Re: Unova Mafia [Day Six - Bittersweet] [8.31.12]

Then who do we vote?

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    Then who do we vote?
    The inactive people who hadn't been subbed out for some reason. Or someone who's been suspicious of us, but hasn't voted at all. Mijz, jokool, VeloJello, Joltik, Tris... who else?

Unvote: Mr. Fahrenheit.

I'm still going to watch your actions, though.

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Here's some tasty food for thought; If I was mafia with my redirect lynch ability... Don't you think that I would've saved Buoy's ass with it? Or voted Neonsands with him to tie up the votes for a No Lynch? I was on at that time as well. I have him on my Skype too.
    On the voting bit: no, I don't think you'd have voted with neonsands. That would be way too big a risk, since it probably would've eventually incriminated you as well. I concede that you probably would've used your lynch redirect on Buoy...if you were the one with the lynch redirect, and if you weren't planning on saving it to protect someone more valuable than Buoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny Queen View Post
    You know what? I don't think Mr. F just blindly posted that without considering how the contents would affect me. This is making me extremely upset. Even though I posted my abilities in one place, you just went and took a screenshot of a conversation regarding ME and MY ABILITIES and uploaded it here. What an UNTOWN-ISH behavior that is! You seriously want me dead?
    This is a mafia game, DQ. Screenshots of conversations are standard fare, and if part of a conversation besides the part that is intended to highlight guilt talks about sensitive information, it can't always be cut out. You've not exactly been secretive about your role anyway. mwto trusted you and knew your role, as well as (in all likelihood), Mr. F's - apparently, he thought he could trust Human, too.

I'm suddenly doubting that Mr. Fahrenheit thinks that I'm Mafia. He might be just tricking me into using my ability to maybe kill a Mafia with it.
    On this very page, you claimed that Mr. F knows for sure that you have a lynch redirect ability. If Mr. F is mafia, then why would he want to trick you into using your ability when it might hit another mafioso? Better to kill you off in a night phase.

I've said it in other games and I'll say it again - lynching people who aren't around to defend themselves is a dick move. Mijz should pretty much always be regarded with suspicion, don't get me wrong, but unless he or any of the other inactives show up to defend themselves, I won't vote for any of them unless it's a last resort. Pushing a vote for them just because they're inactive makes it look like you just want to kill people off, and it's a lot riskier for the town to do that if the people being voted for don't defend themselves. This is a pretty common mafia tactic, since who's going to challenge the vote? The player is inactive, after all, and inactivity is a decent enough rallying point for the people that are active.
    Last edited by Feliciano; 1st September 2012 at 05:14 AM.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    I've said it in other games and I'll say it again - lynching people who aren't around to defend themselves is a dick move. Mijz should pretty much always be regarded with suspicion, don't get me wrong, but unless he or any of the other inactives show up to defend themselves, I won't vote for any of them unless it's a last resort. Pushing a vote for them just because they're inactive makes it look like you just want to kill people off, and it's a lot riskier for the town to do that if the people being voted for don't defend themselves. This is a pretty common mafia tactic, since who's going to challenge the vote? The player is inactive, after all, and inactivity is a decent enough rallying point for the people that are active.
    I know real life comes first - but inactivity isn't exactly helping anybody. Rather, it's being a huge let-down. We could always use extra ideas and opinions. The last mafia game I participated had too much inactivity that it affected the town badly. Inactive townies are going to get nightkill'd since they're not doing anything to protect themselves, like you said. What if there's a Reviver on town's side, but stays inactive until he/she is eventually nightkill'd? That would be a total waste of ability - some people could be vanilla, but the majority have roles here. And even if you're vanilla, we need all the help available.

Then, what do the active players gain? Following your logic, we just exclude inactive players and just talk among ourselves. We end up lynching each other, or don't lynch at all. Chances are, the current active people posting here could be all townies and we're just being suspicious of each other - which is dangerous. However, the info we get is limited with ourselves. And instead, we end up exposing each other to the public posts, making the mafia get all the knowledge while they just sit there, scrolling down their mice, staying out of our radar because they know we wouldn't lynch anyone inactive.

Like I said, real life always comes first. But the less people here, the less info, the less we get closer to getting the mafia.

And I didn't say we should lynch just anybody because they're inactive. Rather, ANYBODY WHO'S INACTIVE BUT IS NOT BEING SUBBED. This could mean they are active somewhere else - like the mafia QT.

Blog Entries

Bleh. I'll activate my redirect lynch ability then. Maybe it will hit a Mafia, maybe it will not.

Then who do we vote?
    The inactive people who hadn't been subbed out for some reason. Or someone who's been suspicious of us, but hasn't voted at all. Mijz, jokool, VeloJello, Joltik, Tris... who else?

Gone for one day and I'm thrown onto the list with the rest. :(

Human, aren't lynch redirect abilities usually passive?
    Among my frivolous thoughts,
    I believe there are beautiful things seen by the astronauts.
    The indications reveal
    That few of us realize life is quite surreal.

URPG Stats.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VeloJello View Post
    Then who do we vote?

I dunno. All I know is that if I tell Atomic to redirect the lynch(which is one-shot btw), the lynch will kill somebody that is not of my choosing. Basically, Atomic will RNG it.

Quote Originally Posted by VeloJello View Post
    Then who do we vote?

I dunno. All I know is that if I tell Atomic to redirect the lynch(which is one-shot btw), the lynch will kill somebody that is not of my choosing. Basically, Atomic will RNG it.
    That's a bit unusual, although I suppose in combination with Destiny Queen's the other version would be redundant. All right; just wanted to know.
    Among my frivolous thoughts,
    I believe there are beautiful things seen by the astronauts.
    The indications reveal
    That few of us realize life is quite surreal.

URPG Stats.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Until I see a counterclaim on one shot vig, @Mr. Fahrenheit; is town.

I was suspicious of Human before, so I'm glad to see some votes on him. It's 10 minutes before the phase ends though so I'm not going to bother voting.

@Destiny Queen; Inactivity is annoying, but it's not a scum tell. It's impossible to gain any information from nothing. Actually turning the attention to inactives in order to try to get easy mislynches is kind of a scummy thing to do I think.
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

Then who do we vote?
    I haven't voted because I don't know who to vote for ATM. This game hasn't had a lot of good hints to who is mafia.

BTW: What's the current vote count?

Blog Entries

Vote: Human

I thought he was suspicious first, but this incriminates him even more. If he's mafia DQ is likely mafia too.
    My multiple point of view Hunger Games Story

Winner of MLP Mafia, Simpsons Mafia, War Room Mafia 2, Pokemon Mafia: Kodomo Ne, Companions Quartet Mafia, LOST Mafia, Hunger Games Mafia, and Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs Mafia, Havendale 2 Mafia, Twilight Mafia, Supernatural Mafia, Magic of Gardonia Mafia, and Disgaea Mafia.

Host of Bloodshed in Blackthorn, Family Guy Mafia, Assassins Creed Revelations Mafia, and Fus Ro Mafia.

shsl music club member Catspring's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Catspring on Facebook
    Follow Catspring on Tumblr

All right, so the update's late as I predicted. Update pending.

shsl music club member Catspring's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Catspring on Facebook
    Follow Catspring on Tumblr

The Pokémon were set on their lynch. They moved slowly towards their target, eyes gleaming, ready to attack. In a flash of blinding light, the target has disappeared and was replaced by a Pokémon instead, a small pink creature surrounded by a mysterious mist. The Pokémon were confused but it was too late to stop their attacks, and they sent the Musharna hurtling through the air, where it slammed against the brick wall, instantly knocking it unconscious. The confused Pokémon rushed over to see if there was anything they could do to help it, but it was too late. The Pokémon's spirit was already moving on into a world of eternal dreams.

ATTENTION: As school will be starting for me on Tuesday, I am permanently switching the update time to 4:30 PM EDT. Thanks!

It is now Night Six.
    This phase will end September 2nd at 4:30 PM EDT.

Also @Joltik; @Dark Victini; @Soulmaster; @Tris79;
    I would like to see some more activity from you guys.

My life is forbidden Serenity's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Unova Mafia [Night Six - Sweet Dreams are Made of This] [9.1.12]

Aww man! We lost Musha! ;_;

Blog Entries

Default Re: Unova Mafia [Night Six - Sweet Dreams are Made of This] [9.1.12]

Well, that's a bit ironic.

Page 35 of 56 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast