Mafia: Unova Mafia [ENDGAME - Mafia Victory!] [9.14.12] - Page 18

Page 18 of 56 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Unova Mafia [ENDGAME - Mafia Victory!] [9.14.12]

Default Re: Unova Mafia [Day Three - Double Down] [8.25.12]

[QUOTE=Gotpika;4299863
    Take notice to the ton of other inactive players in this game. ;)[/QUOTE]

True, but frankly your name stands out to me on the list of inactivity thanks to your complete lack of posting in Warriors Mafia. :I

Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    I'm pretty disappointed with the doc dying now(though he could have randomly protected me and accidentally made me die with the 1/3 chance xD), but as both @Buoy; and @Mr. Fahrenheit; have said, if we don't vote now we're screwed. Laying low won't work forever. I'll say that Mr. Fahrenheit does sort of have a good reason(not good enough) to vote Scarlet Enchantress, but I first want an explanation from her before voting her. She doesn't sound Mafia to me for saying that a Pokemon she loves died. I love Conkeldurr too and I'm disappointed that he died early. Doesn't make me Mafia if I expressed my disappointment.
    It's not so much her disappointment as her lack of helpfulness. She's made nothing but one-line posts the whole game unless I missed something - which I don't think I did.
    Among my frivolous thoughts,
    I believe there are beautiful things seen by the astronauts.
    The indications reveal
    That few of us realize life is quite surreal.

URPG Stats.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

I'm pretty disappointed with the doc dying now(though he could have randomly protected me and accidentally made me die with the 1/3 chance xD), but as both @Buoy; and @Mr. Fahrenheit; have said, if we don't vote now we're screwed. Laying low won't work forever. I'll say that Mr. Fahrenheit does sort of have a good reason(not good enough) to vote Scarlet Enchantress, but I first want an explanation from her before voting her. She doesn't sound Mafia to me for saying that a Pokemon she loves died. I love Conkeldurr too and I'm disappointed that he died early. Doesn't make me Mafia if I expressed my disappointment.
    I'm agreeing so much with this. I'm not 100 on Scarlet being mafia, especially if one of the reasons is Conkeldurr's death. I like Litwick and expressed some disappoint when it died. Doesn't make me mafia. Mr.F's reasons for voting her seem a tad weak at the moment.

Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

At least Scarlet Enchantress has posted. I'm sure if we look through the posts that she may not be the only one. I say we question Destiny Queen instead due to her comment

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Gotpika View Post
    I'm agreeing so much with this. I'm not 100 on Scarlet being mafia, especially if one of the reasons is Conkeldurr's death. I like Litwick and expressed some disappoint when it died. Doesn't make me mafia. Mr.F's reasons for voting her seem a tad weak at the moment.
    Though, to be fair, he used the example to say that Scarlet isn't saying her opinions on who and who might not be mafia. Just because we're a bit inactive(ok not a bit,) it doesn't mean that he has a justifiable reason to vote us.

At least Scarlet Enchantress has posted. I'm sure if we look through the posts that she may not be the only one. I say we question Destiny Queen instead due to her comment
    I'm pretty sure that that was just a harmless comment. If she was mafia, you'd think that she'd be more careful after what happened to Greece.

Blog Entries

It's not expressing disappointment, anyway. It's basically complaining about the previous night's results, which, while not actually contributing anything, does make a sort of allusion to the involvement of oneself in those activities, and those who comment when the results of a night phase when they're detrimental to one or more factions is sometimes used as a scumtell. Sure, a lot of people do it, but it just makes them a little more scummy; you don't need to be like "omg the doctor died!!!! i'm sad!" The best thing to do is move on and up. As well as that, posting for the sake of it does nothing to help the town except give off the impression that you're being active, and apparently being active = being innocent, in the eyes of some people (which is a completely false assumption). Posting to give off the impression that you're active is also a scumtell -- it's decidedly anti-town to not offer any opinion or advice that actually relates to the current in-game situation, not an opinion about how cool Litwick is and how sad it is that a Litwick role died.

As well as that, yes, there are other inactive people, but a lot of people playing this game are participating in other games. Other inactive players are somewhat inexperienced (except Tris79, who just doesn't do anything in mafia games, pretty much) with mafia games, so they'd probably be a little confused as to what to say at this point. Telling someone who calls you inactive to look at another player, in any case, is another move that can point to being a mafia member -- any suspicion placed on a mafia member is generally unwelcome by said mafioso, who will try to look for someone else to force the attention on (most of the time).

jussayin

Blog Entries

I can understand inactivity for maybe the first few phases of a mafia if you're new, but by day three they should be showing some participation. Also I'm in other mafia games and am able to balance them just fine with this one so I don't see why others can't.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I'm pretty sure that that was just a harmless comment. If she was mafia, you'd think that she'd be more careful after what happened to Greece.
    Really, we shouldn't go around and pick on comments just because they look too "harmless". Because even if chances of defending oneself is given, the majority will still not be convinced.

Blog Entries

What we need is a confirmed townie to claim to

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    It's not expressing disappointment, anyway. It's basically complaining about the previous night's results, which, while not actually contributing anything, does make a sort of allusion to the involvement of oneself in those activities, and those who comment when the results of a night phase when they're detrimental to one or more factions is sometimes used as a scumtell. Sure, a lot of people do it, but it just makes them a little more scummy; you don't need to be like "omg the doctor died!!!! i'm sad!" The best thing to do is move on and up. As well as that, posting for the sake of it does nothing to help the town except give off the impression that you're being active, and apparently being active = being innocent, in the eyes of some people (which is a completely false assumption). Posting to give off the impression that you're active is also a scumtell -- it's decidedly anti-town to not offer any opinion or advice that actually relates to the current in-game situation, not an opinion about how cool Litwick is and how sad it is that a Litwick role died.

As well as that, yes, there are other inactive people, but a lot of people playing this game are participating in other games. Other inactive players are somewhat inexperienced (except Tris79, who just doesn't do anything in mafia games, pretty much) with mafia games, so they'd probably be a little confused as to what to say at this point. Telling someone who calls you inactive to look at another player, in any case, is another move that can point to being a mafia member -- any suspicion placed on a mafia member is generally unwelcome by said mafioso, who will try to look for someone else to force the attention on (most of the time).

jussayin
    Exactly! We can't say who is mafia for sure. I'm also worried of voting somebody who turns out to be mafia, and for doing so, nightkills me. Same could be said to when I mislynch somebody. BUT WE NEED TO VOTE.

I just don't have somebody in my FoS list. Vellojelo posted all that has happened so far, but nobody is striking me to be suspicious.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mwto View Post
    I can understand inactivity for maybe the first few phases of a mafia if you're new, but by day three they should be showing some participation. Also I'm in other mafia games and am able to balance them just fine with this one so I don't see why others can't.
    That's what they should be doing, but it doesn't always work that way. As well as that, not everyone is capable of handling multiple games at once. You can't use yourself as an example for what others can do in games.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

But we can't just trust anybody 100%

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny Queen View Post
    But we can't just trust anybody 100%
    Mass-Claiming itself isn't always the smart thing today, you have to remember that there could always be a mafia-aligned converter about and massclaiming itself sometimes ruins the spirit of the game the teamwork of it all by claiming to one source person and going off of what that one person says rather than working side by side along with a team. Besides it's usually not that smart to claim this early in the game anyway. But, I do think we should lynch someone because we aren't going anywhere by sitting on the sidelines and twiddling our thumbs. I've seen mafia games where people just keep no lynching for random days and that usually ends up being their downfall. We can gain anything from a lynch.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

We can gain anything from a lynch.
    And gain a dead townie?

Hitomi's Bulbahusband Mr. Fahrenheit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If it is not clear, I am going to clarify this.

I do not think that Scarlet Enchantress is suspicious because she expressed sadness of Conkeldurr's death. I find her suspicious because her posts aren't really making the game to proceed to any direction or helping us townies to find the scum that is amongst us.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny Queen View Post
    We can gain anything from a lynch.
    And gain a dead townie?
    So we should then do nothing till the mafia nightkills us all? The Town's votes are mostly based on luck and some deducting from the posts posted. We can't do nothing for an entire game. Somebody has to be lynched today.

Page 18 of 56 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast