Mafia: Unova Mafia [ENDGAME - Mafia Victory!] [9.14.12] - Page 15

Page 15 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 828
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Unova Mafia [ENDGAME - Mafia Victory!] [9.14.12]

  1. #211
    Future Seeker HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,098
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: Unova Mafia [Night Two - Serperiority] [8.25.12]

    That's very flawed @America*. Players would then make theories up about who has a power role or if they're possibly part of the mafia. I don't want to use my power role to get a higher ranking that would make me be targeted by the mafia of possibly being the cop or doc.

  2. #212
    noble roar Buoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    olivine city, johto.
    Posts
    2,105
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: Unova Mafia [Night Two - Serperiority] [8.25.12]

    Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    That's very flawed @America*. Players would then make theories up about who has a power role or if they're possibly part of the mafia. I don't want to use my power role to get a higher ranking that would make me be targeted by the mafia of possibly being the cop or doc.
    Uh... I don't see how players can make any sort of theory as to whether a person has a power role or not based on ratings received in endgame. She said 'whether you use your role or not', as well, which implies that she's taking into account that this is situational; you don't have to use your power role if you don't want to, because if she understands your logic for doing so, she's not going to rate you down for it. If you don't use your ability when using it is appropriate in the context of the game or your alignment, then that's when she will rate you down. I don't think she meant that using your power role was compulsory for getting a good rating.
    Akuraito and Catspring like this.

  3. #213
    Future Seeker HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,098
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: Unova Mafia [Night Two - Serperiority] [8.25.12]

    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    That's very flawed @America*. Players would then make theories up about who has a power role or if they're possibly part of the mafia. I don't want to use my power role to get a higher ranking that would make me be targeted by the mafia of possibly being the cop or doc.
    Uh... I don't see how players can make any sort of theory as to whether a person has a power role or not based on ratings received in endgame. She said 'whether you use your role or not', as well, which implies that she's taking into account that this is situational; you don't have to use your power role if you don't want to, because if she understands your logic for doing so, she's not going to rate you down for it. If you don't use your ability when using it is appropriate in the context of the game or your alignment, then that's when she will rate you down. I don't think she meant that using your power role was compulsory for getting a good rating.
    I know, but if I don't post in here, I don't get a rating. There are some players whose strategy is of remaining silent to not garner attention. If I get a good rating without posting here, the mafia and town will suspect of me having a power role. The higher the ranking, the more attention. I suggest that America* posts the rankings after the game is over.

  4. #214
    noble roar Buoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    olivine city, johto.
    Posts
    2,105
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: Unova Mafia [Night Two - Serperiority] [8.25.12]

    Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    That's very flawed @America*. Players would then make theories up about who has a power role or if they're possibly part of the mafia. I don't want to use my power role to get a higher ranking that would make me be targeted by the mafia of possibly being the cop or doc.
    Uh... I don't see how players can make any sort of theory as to whether a person has a power role or not based on ratings received in endgame. She said 'whether you use your role or not', as well, which implies that she's taking into account that this is situational; you don't have to use your power role if you don't want to, because if she understands your logic for doing so, she's not going to rate you down for it. If you don't use your ability when using it is appropriate in the context of the game or your alignment, then that's when she will rate you down. I don't think she meant that using your power role was compulsory for getting a good rating.
    I know, but if I don't post in here, I don't get a rating. There are some players whose strategy is of remaining silent to not garner attention. If I get a good rating without posting here, the mafia and town will suspect of me having a power role. The higher the ranking, the more attention. I suggest that America* posts the rankings after the game is over.
    ... That's what she was going to do. You don't post the rankings midway through a game, you know. lol

  5. #215
    Future Seeker HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,098
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: Unova Mafia [Night Two - Serperiority] [8.25.12]

    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    ... That's what she was going to do. You don't post the rankings midway through a game, you know. lol
    Thanks for clearing that up for me!

    oh gawd I'm such a dumbass

  6. #216
    totally fangirling out Dark Victini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Pittsburgh,PA
    Posts
    428
    Blog Entries
    41
    Add Dark Victini on Google+
    Visit Dark Victini's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Unova Mafia [Night Two - Serperiority] [8.25.12]

    so i'm gone for the day and we lynch the cop. why. does. this. always. happen.
    3DS FC=1263-5787-4526

  7. #217
    Nope Setra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,861
    Blog Entries
    174

    Follow Setra on Tumblr Visit Setra's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Unova Mafia [Night Two - Serperiority] [8.25.12]

    Why must the cop always die. -_-
    HumanDawn likes this.

  8. #218
    Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Olivine City, Johto
    Posts
    7,161
    Blog Entries
    168

    Default Re: Unova Mafia [Night Two - Serperiority] [8.25.12]

    Because the cop made a stupid comment and then did a terrible job of defending themselves?
    Midorikawa likes this.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

    Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

  9. #219
    totally fangirling out Dark Victini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Pittsburgh,PA
    Posts
    428
    Blog Entries
    41
    Add Dark Victini on Google+
    Visit Dark Victini's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Unova Mafia [Night Two - Serperiority] [8.25.12]

    ^ that
    3DS FC=1263-5787-4526

  10. #220
    Face of mercy? NOPE Yato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    6,663
    Blog Entries
    435

    Follow Yato on Tumblr

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    Because the cop made a stupid comment and then did a terrible job of defending themselves?
    How many people would've believed that if she tried to defend herself? We were the ones who got worked up over the comment withou thinking twice. Seriously? Every little thing just makes you a target?

  11. #221
    I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,564
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Unova Mafia [Night Two - Serperiority] [8.25.12]

    Quote Originally Posted by Destiny Queen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    Because the cop made a stupid comment and then did a terrible job of defending themselves?
    How many people would've believed that if she tried to defend herself? We were the ones who got worked up over the comment withou thinking twice. Seriously? Every little thing just makes you a target?
    I would've believed her if she claimed cop, but Greece did nothing more than say it was a joke as a defense.

  12. #222
    My life is forbidden Serenity's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    My secret wonderland
    Posts
    30,790
    Blog Entries
    247
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Unova Mafia [Night Two - Serperiority] [8.25.12]

    Honestly, we the townspeople just royally fucked up in lynching the cop. What's done is done and we need to move forward.
    Joltik, Midorikawa and VeloJello like this.

  13. #223
    Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Olivine City, Johto
    Posts
    7,161
    Blog Entries
    168

    Default Re: Unova Mafia [Night Two - Serperiority] [8.25.12]

    Quote Originally Posted by Destiny Queen View Post
    How many people would've believed that if she tried to defend herself? We were the ones who got worked up over the comment withou thinking twice. Seriously? Every little thing just makes you a target?
    Defending yourself =/= claiming. Did I personally think she should've claimed? Yes. Could she have given a better defense and still not have claimed? Also yes. And as I mentioned before, mafiosi have been crippled by less suspicious comments.

    It wasn't the comment alone that made people suspicious. It was the fact that, when questioned, she gave a response that people didn't believe, but didn't try to change those people's minds. It's not about what you claim or what your role is, it's about how well you can convince people that you're not scum. Saying the same thing over and over again isn't going to work. Play smarter, not harder.
    Midorikawa likes this.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

    Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

  14. #224
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    902
    Blog Entries
    25

    Default Re: Unova Mafia [Night Two - Serperiority] [8.25.12]

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Enchantress View Post
    Honestly, we the townspeople just royally fucked up in lynching the cop. What's done is done and we need to move forward.
    I have to disagree to an extent. I'd throw some suspicion in the direction of the people that got the cop lynched. Yes, it could have been a mistake, but I honestly think it's a bit more likely that it was a situation that the mafia took advantage of to get a townie lynched.

  15. #225
    shsl music club member Catspring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    862
    Blog Entries
    8
    Add Catspring on Facebook
    Follow Catspring on Tumblr

    Default Re: Unova Mafia [Night Two - Serperiority] [8.25.12]

    Update pending.

Page 15 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •