Mafia: Unova Mafia [ENDGAME - Mafia Victory!] [9.14.12] - Page 15

Page 15 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Unova Mafia [ENDGAME - Mafia Victory!] [9.14.12]

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Default Re: Unova Mafia [Night Two - Serperiority] [8.25.12]

That's very flawed @America*. Players would then make theories up about who has a power role or if they're possibly part of the mafia. I don't want to use my power role to get a higher ranking that would make me be targeted by the mafia of possibly being the cop or doc.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    That's very flawed @America*. Players would then make theories up about who has a power role or if they're possibly part of the mafia. I don't want to use my power role to get a higher ranking that would make me be targeted by the mafia of possibly being the cop or doc.
    Uh... I don't see how players can make any sort of theory as to whether a person has a power role or not based on ratings received in endgame. She said 'whether you use your role or not', as well, which implies that she's taking into account that this is situational; you don't have to use your power role if you don't want to, because if she understands your logic for doing so, she's not going to rate you down for it. If you don't use your ability when using it is appropriate in the context of the game or your alignment, then that's when she will rate you down. I don't think she meant that using your power role was compulsory for getting a good rating.
    Akuraito and Catspring like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    Uh... I don't see how players can make any sort of theory as to whether a person has a power role or not based on ratings received in endgame. She said 'whether you use your role or not', as well, which implies that she's taking into account that this is situational; you don't have to use your power role if you don't want to, because if she understands your logic for doing so, she's not going to rate you down for it. If you don't use your ability when using it is appropriate in the context of the game or your alignment, then that's when she will rate you down. I don't think she meant that using your power role was compulsory for getting a good rating.
    I know, but if I don't post in here, I don't get a rating. There are some players whose strategy is of remaining silent to not garner attention. If I get a good rating without posting here, the mafia and town will suspect of me having a power role. The higher the ranking, the more attention. I suggest that America* posts the rankings after the game is over.

Blog Entries

I know, but if I don't post in here, I don't get a rating. There are some players whose strategy is of remaining silent to not garner attention. If I get a good rating without posting here, the mafia and town will suspect of me having a power role. The higher the ranking, the more attention. I suggest that America* posts the rankings after the game is over.
    ... That's what she was going to do. You don't post the rankings midway through a game, you know. lol

Blog Entries

... That's what she was going to do. You don't post the rankings midway through a game, you know. lol
    Thanks for clearing that up for me!

oh gawd I'm such a dumbass

totally fangirling out Dark Victini's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Dark Victini on Google+
    Visit Dark Victini's Youtube Channel

so i'm gone for the day and we lynch the cop. why. does. this. always. happen.
    3DS FC=1263-5787-4526

Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr Visit Setra's Youtube Channel

Why must the cop always die. -_-
    HumanDawn likes this.

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Because the cop made a stupid comment and then did a terrible job of defending themselves?
    Midorikawa likes this.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

totally fangirling out Dark Victini's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Dark Victini on Google+
    Visit Dark Victini's Youtube Channel

^ that
    3DS FC=1263-5787-4526

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    Because the cop made a stupid comment and then did a terrible job of defending themselves?
    How many people would've believed that if she tried to defend herself? We were the ones who got worked up over the comment withou thinking twice. Seriously? Every little thing just makes you a target?

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny Queen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    How many people would've believed that if she tried to defend herself? We were the ones who got worked up over the comment withou thinking twice. Seriously? Every little thing just makes you a target?
    I would've believed her if she claimed cop, but Greece did nothing more than say it was a joke as a defense.

My life is forbidden Serenity's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

Honestly, we the townspeople just royally fucked up in lynching the cop. What's done is done and we need to move forward.
    Joltik, Midorikawa and VeloJello like this.

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny Queen View Post
    Defending yourself =/= claiming. Did I personally think she should've claimed? Yes. Could she have given a better defense and still not have claimed? Also yes. And as I mentioned before, mafiosi have been crippled by less suspicious comments.

It wasn't the comment alone that made people suspicious. It was the fact that, when questioned, she gave a response that people didn't believe, but didn't try to change those people's minds. It's not about what you claim or what your role is, it's about how well you can convince people that you're not scum. Saying the same thing over and over again isn't going to work. Play smarter, not harder.
    Midorikawa likes this.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Enchantress View Post
    Honestly, we the townspeople just royally fucked up in lynching the cop. What's done is done and we need to move forward.
    I have to disagree to an extent. I'd throw some suspicion in the direction of the people that got the cop lynched. Yes, it could have been a mistake, but I honestly think it's a bit more likely that it was a situation that the mafia took advantage of to get a townie lynched.

shsl music club member Catspring's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Catspring on Facebook
    Follow Catspring on Tumblr

Update pending.

Page 15 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast