@Penguin Yaoi and @Greece still need to confirm. Please post within the next 48 hours or be subbed out.
Now, before we begin (because I had intended to do this at the beginning of Night 0 and forgot :P), a quick note of good faith from your Host:
As your Host, I promise to:
1. Not become an active participant in the game. I will in no way attempt to influence events, night-actions, or individual players' decisions to achieve a particular end. Finally, please don't forget that, unlike most games here on Bulbagarden, which utilize 24-hour Day Phases, this game has no deadline for Day Phases - the Day Phase won't end until a majority decision on the lynch target has been reached. Consider this an additional ability of the Town, as it benefits your scumhunting greatly - and you will need it.
2. Not change the setup once the game has started. Rest assured, all roles, abilities, hidden addendums and special mechanics were set in stone at the beginning of the game and I will not alter them as the game progresses.
3. Not attempt to, "rebalance," the game once it has started. If the game turns out to be broken, or one player or faction performs unexpectedly well, then the game is broken or a player/faction is playing well - that's all there is to it. There will be no last-minute, "fixes," to restore balance.
4. Not lie to you. As a Host, it's part of my job to withhold some information from you, but I will never directly lie to you. If at any point during the game you feel I've misled you in any way, please tell me - hopefully we can resolve the problem effectively and efficiently.
5. Write enjoyable flavor-text that's worth reading - but not necessarily informative. Always remember that the scenes depicted in the flavor-text do not necessarily represent the realities of the gamestate, and should be used to build cases at your own peril.
6. Do my best to make this game an enjoyable experience for all involved. Please let me know if you have any problems.
And with that...
It is now Day 1.
As President Obama held a crowded press conference on the South Lawn, four shadowy figures, clad in (totally inconspicuous) trenchcoats and sunglasses, slipped into the throng of eager reporters, one of them flashing a press-pass while another stuffed a wad of bills into a Secret Service agent's hand. They strode with purpose through the mass of reporters and cameras, disappearing into the crowd.
A few minutes later, as the rare gathering was drawing to a close and the crowd was dispersing, the mysterious figures were conspicuously absent. Hours later four secret service agents will be found, stripped of their uniforms and security badges, bound and gagged under a distant tree, but for the moment all was calm.
Four new faces helped escort the President back into the safety of the White House...
This Phase has no deadline - with 19 players alive, it takes 10 votes to Hammer. Once someone has been Hammered, the game will enter Twilight and the Phase will end once I get a chance to post the update (additional voting/unvoting is allowed, but cannot cancel Twilight or redirect the Lynch target - though vote-affecting abilities, if used, may).
Let the Democratic process begin!