Well, with the Presidential election fast-approaching, both campaigns are moving along at a decent clip, campaign-messaging has been largely on-point, and both candidates are basically neck-and-neck in the polls.
So, all is well in Washington, right...?
Dun... Dun... DUUUUUUNNNNNN.....
Concerned that President Obama might actually win re-election, Sarah Palin and Karl Rove are reported to have infiltrated the White House in an attempt to slip into the ranks of top Obama campaign officials and derail the powerful campaign.
In other words:
1. No unauthorized outside communication (i.e. No PMs, VMs, QuickTopics, or any other form of communication outside of the thread is allowed -- UNLESS your role states otherwise or I specifically inform you otherwise).
2. Inactivity will result in substitutions (please post at least once per Day Phase).
3. You may not post screencaps from outside the thread. Ever. You may not share your Role PM.
4. If you are a member of a private QuickTopic, you may not share your QuickTopic URL in any form.
5. There will be mud-slinging. Lots of mud-slinging. This is a mandate. The more outrageous and off-base the accusations, the better.
6. Feel free to cherry-pick quotes from OTHER threads to support your arguments. :p
7. You may name-claim.
8. You may role-claim.
9. You may lie. C'mon, this is politics.
10. Read your Role PM very carefully. Some of you will have additional rules in place for your roles.
To show you have read and understood these rules, follow them.
Day Phases have no deadline. Seriously, take as long as you need to decide - one hour, one day, one week, six months... it's up to you!
Justified in the Flavor-text by endless Florida recounts.
Please don't make me host this game for six months.
The Phase will end when a majority (i.e. more than half of the remaining players) votes to lynch someone (i.e. "Hammer"), or when a majority votes, "No Lynch." Once someone is hammered, the game enters Twilight until I can update the thread - additional voting to bolster the lynch during Twilight may be optimal, however, as certain roles' abilities can affect vote-counts. You have been warned.
Note: Additional votes during Twilight may bolster the lynch, but unvotes during Twilight will not alter the target of the lynch - only vote-affecting abilities can change the target of the lynch.
Note 2: The Hammer is calculated before taking into account the actual value of a role's vote - the lynch-target is then subsequently evaluated in light of the roles/abilities involved. In other words: Hypothetically, if you possessed a, "negative vote," your vote would still count toward the Hammer, just not the actual lynch.
Night Phases will last 24 hours.
Good Luck and Have Fun,