Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Trouble in Newbieville - 1/26/13 TOWN WINS & Mentor Chat

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Trouble in Newbieville - 1/12/13 Day 2

Quote Originally Posted by stillboy View Post
    I've just been observing and trying learn. When I do get on though it's usually late at night and I just got home from work and I just don't feel like posting.
    Any thoughts if you've been observing?
    @Sunburn; @**Derpy.McDerpy**; I don't believe we've heard much or anything from either of you

Quote Originally Posted by GliscorMan View Post
    it's better to let the Mafia pick off possible suspects while the PRs lay low and come up with a list of people that are clear or scum.
    You're saying that we should just chill and let Mafia do their thing?
    Vote: GliscorMan

M3 VV@NT $UM MUFFINS!!!! **Derpy.McDerpy**'s Avatar

@Midorikawa ; I have nothing much to say really. Just observing the various arguments and thinking/deciding who to lynch. That's all I guess.

Vote: No Lynch

Blog Entries
    Add Sunburn on Facebook
    Follow Sunburn on Tumblr

Instead of just observing, share your thoughts! Try participating more, read the thread over and post what you think (: your observations could give us a valuable lead or help save you from a potential lynch. Activity is always better than the opposite ^^ I'm sure we'd all like to see more posts from you, Derpy, etc

I've posted some, lol. I don't fault Midori for being aggressive and soliciting discussion by voting, but I see Gliscorman's point (being too aggressive, especially in small games, can really come back to bite us later), though I don't like the looks of Sputnik jumping on the bandwagon (an explanation for the vote, or clarification or something would have been nice). In my book, activity is les scummy than inactivity, but I know that changes from person to person.

However, we still have a lot of time left in this phase which means plenty of time for discussion for people who either couldn't be here during the day, or people who are nervous about posting :P imo we shouldn't be hasty in condemning people, but it's good to push people for answers or rebuttals.
    @**Derpy.McDerpy**; like I said to stillboy, don't be nervous to share your thoughts! If you could lynch one person this phase, who would it be? You don't have to vote, just let us know. As for me, tbh it would be you or stillboy mainly because of inactivity (which isn't a great reason, but we don't have much at this point), and because I don't see a concrete reason for voting the people who have posted so far, but that's not to say my opinion won't change later in the phase.

Canadian Sweetheart Pokemaster97's Avatar Bulbanews WriterArchives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Visit Pokemaster97's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by **Derpy.McDerpy** View Post
    @Midorikawa ; I have nothing much to say really. Just observing the various arguments and thinking/deciding who to lynch. That's all I guess.

Vote: No Lynch
    No Lynch? Why do you choose that Derpy?

I'll always remember you~
    Blog Entries

...Okay, I'm not so sure what to make of all this. But Sunburn encouraged people to share their thoughts, so here goes. ^^;

I don't really have an opinion on Midori right now. I think I'm always naturally a little wary of active people (maybe because I talk so little in real life :P) but Midori hasn't really done anything suspicious in my opinion - she's just been accusing a lot of people to promote discussion. It's reckless, but not necessarily scummy.
    I found it strange that Sputnik didn't want to be reckless, yet bandwagoned on Midori without an explanation.
    stillboy's vote on GliscorMan makes sense, but I don't think it's a very strong reason to vote somebody. Plus, Midori mentioned that point before.
    And I want to know why Derpy voted for NL.

Blog Entries

it's better to let the Mafia pick off possible suspects while the PRs lay low and come up with a list of people that are clear or scum.
    And let the PRs lead us. In small setups like this, the cop is the most valuable role the town has. The cop can out at any time, should he have a guilty verdict. The fact that the Mafia is (supposed to be) killing people every night just narrows down the odds that the cop will find a lead. Plus, if the Cop outs, there's a Doctor to protect him. This make sense?

To you especially, @Midorikawa;. I have no idea what's up with you guys, but the fact that you fail to understand this... It doesn't matter that there's no outside communication. The cop can still communicate who he's found to be guilty or (in the end game) who is inno. If there were outside communications, I'd ask the Doc to talk to the person he saved (who's pretty much guaranteed town). But there aren't so the Doctor's saved can't do anything pro-town for us until the endgame.

Mido, it almost seems that you're deliberately misunderstanding my posts. I had said that Orion was responding to your "incrimination" of Stillboy with his own, likewise, "incrimination" of you. Except you took it the wrong way and tried to start a bandwagon. If that's not jumpy, I don't know what is. Plus, if you have a bunch of random posts that, when taken out of context, suggest something I didn't say, they aren't necessarily facts. Posting misleading stuff targeting me (I like what you did about constantly asking me if I read your posts, when you're the one that needs to respond to the questions I'm asking and not talk around them), Orion and (if I just read right) Stillboy is not a town-tell at all. In fact, it's almost a sure-fire scum-tell.

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

Blog Entries

@GliscorMan; I've been answering your questions. Also I never attempted to start a bandwagon. I voted Orion at the time because I thought he was suspicious. Also say the cop does out themselves. What if mafia got a roleblocker? Then who do you think is going to get blocked every night? The cop will most likely chek those who look suspicious and try to find mafia and get them lynched the next day. Of course activity will help in this search to find those that are suspicious and those who seem town. Waiting around for mafia to kill us instead of helping the cop will do nothing of good. What if the cop is night killed? Then what do you expect to do. We should be having an active game and helping with the cops scum hinting, and they should likewise be active in their hunt. Also ignore any typos, I'm on my phone and too lazy to fix them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    @GliscorMan; I've been answering your questions. Also I never attempted to start a bandwagon. I voted Orion at the time because I thought he was suspicious. Also say the cop does out themselves. What if mafia got a roleblocker? Then who do you think is going to get blocked every night? The cop will most likely chek those who look suspicious and try to find mafia and get them lynched the next day. Of course activity will help in this search to find those that are suspicious and those who seem town. Waiting around for mafia to kill us instead of helping the cop will do nothing of good. What if the cop is night killed? Then what do you expect to do. We should be having an active game and helping with the cops scum hinting, and they should likewise be active in their hunt. Also ignore any typos, I'm on my phone and too lazy to fix them.
    Midori, now you're grasping at straws and trying to poke holes in my argument. There's probably not a roleblocker if there's only 2 Mafia. And, statistically, we'd be more likely for the cop to get a guilty on the Maf than the Maf does to hit the cop. If we want to help the cop, we give him more time. Not lynch people randomly in the hope that we find something useful, which (odds are) we won't. And it'll aid the Mafia more if we lynch randomly, so why would we? Yes, activity helps. But activity with no purpose is better than activity with a negative purpose, like random lynching.

So when I say that we should lynch you, I really mean it. Your posts have just made things worse for you, IMO. You're vehemently defending yourself, attacking me and trying to shift blame to others. That's even more than I had when I started accusing you in the first place. This isn't random, it's calculated. Our misslynch should be used on you, and I can almost guarantee that it won't be wasted.

Blog Entries

@GliscorMan; I haven't attempted to shift blame on anyone nor am I attacking you. I haven't voted anyone without reason.

Blog Entries

Host Note: It would probably be a good idea for everyone to read the notes on the setup and potential roles in the original post.
    Midorikawa and Yato like this.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    Host Note: It would probably be a good idea for everyone to read the notes on the setup and potential roles in the original post.
    Oops. I guess I'm wrong about the whole roleblocker thing. Not much changes, though. We still have at least 1 PR.

Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    @GliscorMan; I haven't attempted to shift blame on anyone nor am I attacking you. I haven't voted anyone without reason.
    Nope, last I checked you were doing exactly that. As I recall, you only ever voted for Orion because he asked you a question to provoke conversation. That's not exactly the best reasoning, if you ask me. Anything new to add?

And let the PRs lead us. In small setups like this, the cop is the most valuable role the town has. The cop can out at any time, should he have a guilty verdict. The fact that the Mafia is (supposed to be) killing people every night just narrows down the odds that the cop will find a lead. Plus, if the Cop outs, there's a Doctor to protect him. This make sense?

To you especially, @Midorikawa;. I have no idea what's up with you guys, but the fact that you fail to understand this... It doesn't matter that there's no outside communication. The cop can still communicate who he's found to be guilty or (in the end game) who is inno. If there were outside communications, I'd ask the Doc to talk to the person he saved (who's pretty much guaranteed town). But there aren't so the Doctor's saved can't do anything pro-town for us until the endgame.

Mido, it almost seems that you're deliberately misunderstanding my posts. I had said that Orion was responding to your "incrimination" of Stillboy with his own, likewise, "incrimination" of you. Except you took it the wrong way and tried to start a bandwagon. If that's not jumpy, I don't know what is. Plus, if you have a bunch of random posts that, when taken out of context, suggest something I didn't say, they aren't necessarily facts. Posting misleading stuff targeting me (I like what you did about constantly asking me if I read your posts, when you're the one that needs to respond to the questions I'm asking and not talk around them), Orion and (if I just read right) Stillboy is not a town-tell at all. In fact, it's almost a sure-fire scum-tell.
    Master Mew never said there was a cop or doctor. He's only given us possibilities as to what the other roles are. So on night one there was no night killing and honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if MM didn't put a cop or doc in this game knowing him. But you seem to know for sure that there is a cop and doctor. One idea I saw floating around was that the mafia was just inactive that night but I'm thinking just maybe that mafia put in for a hit and it was blocked. That would mean that mafia would know for sure that there is a doc.

Blog Entries

UNVOTE: stillboy
    VOTE: Gliscorman

I voted Orion for the way he jumped on me with false evidence. Everyone voted no lynch so it didn't make much difference. Currently he seems town. The most suspicious to me right now are Sputnik, DB, Pokemaster97, and Shadows, in that order.

Blog Entries

Hmm... Right now, I feel as though either Midorikawa or GliscorMan could be one of the two mafiosi. However, it's possible that it's just two townies arguing...

Midori has been a little stranger than GliscorMan in my opinion, so my vote stays.

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast