Mafia: Trouble in Newbieville - 1/26/13 TOWN WINS & Mentor Chat - Page 13

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 307
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Trouble in Newbieville - 1/26/13 TOWN WINS & Mentor Chat

  1. #181
    Canadian Sweetheart Pokemaster97's Avatar Bulbanews WriterArchives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    566
    Blog Entries
    2

    Visit Pokemaster97's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Trouble in Newbieville - 1/18/13 Day 4

    I don't really have a lot to say about last night's kill except it was kinda.. unusual? The mafia kills seem random IMO. I'm not ready to vote yet, but I'd like to hear a possible defense from Sunburn since his name has been floating around.

  2. #182
    Stoic Sunburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,946
    Blog Entries
    51
    Add Sunburn on Facebook
    Follow Sunburn on Tumblr

    Default Re: Trouble in Newbieville - 1/18/13 Day 4

    Well, I'll be en route to VT tomorrow and I've been packing and getting ready to leave today, so don't expect me to post anything until the evening :P
    @Shadows;
    My opinion on the Derpy lynch is concise: At the time I was able to check the thread, there were already several votes against him. Voting for him would have been jumping on the bandwagon, which if he flipped town (and he did) is a scummy action, and I wasn't going to try and defend someone who had barely posted at all (and when he did, he was an advocate for inactivity). He was a difficult read because of that, and while lynching inactives can sometimes be a hit, this time it was a miss.

    As for the ongoing battle between GM and Midori, I appreciate the compliments GM, but I think he looks a bit more suspicious at this point. Granted, Midori's advocacy of lynching inactives proved to be counter-intuitive, and she has been playing very aggressively which could be an attempt to look as pro-town as possible if she is mafia (obviously that's a subjective opinion though), but GM jumping on the cop softclaim seems very anti-town to me. Normally I would think that the town would want to conceal Power Roles to the best of their abilities, and calling out Midori as the cop because of a softclaim doesn't accomplish that. Also, we don't know how the roleblocking works in this game, so I'm not sure about using that as ammunition for a suspicion. Do you only receive the message when you try to use a night action and are blocked? Or do you receive the message for roleblocking regardless of whether you have a Night Action or not? Until everyone in this game is roleblocked, we won't know for sure, and we'll all have to trust our own judgement regardless of what people claim.

    To add to this, he claimed that there were two options if no one counterclaimed cop in response to the softclaim (which I don't think anyone did). The first was that Midori was a scummy cop, and the second was that there is no cop in the game. If Midori is in fact the cop, then we shouldn't be trying to lynch her in the first place, so a case against her would be anti-town. If the second option is true and a cop is as real as Manti Te'o's girlfriend (that is to say, not real :P), then GM's more cautious proposal of playing the game out and letting the cop eventually reveal the mafia is extremely anti-town, as there would be no cop in the game making reads and coming out with accusations. With both options, the way they play out is not in the best interest of the town.

    I'm going to wait to vote until I get back tomorrow and hopefully I'll have some more posts to read over in here, but right now, that's what I think of things.

  3. #183
    I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,564
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Trouble in Newbieville - 1/18/13 Day 4

    UNVOTE: Sunburn
    VOTE: Gliscorman
    Call it a place holder vote if you, but anyways as Sunburn pointed out some things, overall I honestly feel he's hurting the town. Bringing the day phase back to a single person constantly and not showing any real interest in looking at others, the way he seems to know all about roleblocking, he doesn't seem to care to scumhunt, and he's practically trying to out the cop which isn't good to do considering the roleblockers attention is on me so it's best to leave them hidden to do checks.

    So if anyone wants to vote GM with me then well vote. If not then my second choice is Pokemaster97. He is supposedly available from 3:30 to 11 EST which is plenty of time to look over things and make a decision yet he has not helped in any real way. He's talked about needing more information yet does nothing to try to obtain it.

    Also on the note of inactivity: It's not a tell for either side, but it is very harmful. The user Tris79 for example is usually very inactive in games. One time he was the doctor in a game, and then a few games later mafia, yet we had no way of telling his alignment due to his inactivity.

  4. #184
    Canadian Sweetheart Pokemaster97's Avatar Bulbanews WriterArchives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    566
    Blog Entries
    2

    Visit Pokemaster97's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Trouble in Newbieville - 1/18/13 Day 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post

    So if anyone wants to vote GM with me then well vote. If not then my second choice is Pokemaster97. He is supposedly available from 3:30 to 11 EST which is plenty of time to look over things and make a decision yet he has not helped in any real way. He's talked about needing more information yet does nothing to try to obtain it.

    Also on the note of inactivity: It's not a tell for either side, but it is very harmful. The user Tris79 for example is usually very inactive in games. One time he was the doctor in a game, and then a few games later mafia, yet we had no way of telling his alignment due to his inactivity.
    How have I not helped in any real way? I've voted with everyone in all the lynch votes, and as for not trying to obtain information, that's simply untrue. I've asked questions and questioned people's actions and have gotten no real response. Just because I don't talk or argue as much as you do, doesn't mean I'm not trying to help the town.

    Here's some examples:

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaster97
    Wait I don't understand, if someone is rollblocked, they're notified no matter what? Like for example, if I was a Vanilla Townie and I got rollblocked, would I be informed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaster97
    Quote Originally Posted by **Derpy.McDerpy** View Post
    @Midorikawa ; I have nothing much to say really. Just observing the various arguments and thinking/deciding who to lynch. That's all I guess.

    Vote: No Lynch
    No Lynch? Why do you choose that Derpy?
    Both with no real response from anyone. There are so many people in this game that have yet do do anything, I feel like you're randomly pointing fingers at this point.

  5. #185
    I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,564
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Trouble in Newbieville - 1/18/13 Day 4

    @Pokemaster97; We're on the 4th day phase and the only questions you asked was 1) A whole discussion that /has been going, and 2) While never answered Derpy did turn up town. On another note there has been one lynch and that was Derpy so tell me why does helping to lynch a townie equal a town tell. Mafia jump on bandwagons all the time to make sure townies get lynched.

  6. #186
    Canadian Sweetheart Pokemaster97's Avatar Bulbanews WriterArchives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    566
    Blog Entries
    2

    Visit Pokemaster97's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Trouble in Newbieville - 1/18/13 Day 4

    It's hard to ask questions or fit in comments when it's the discussion is being primarily dominated by two or three people. I don't blindly vote for people just to force them to say something, I wait until the day phase has almost ended to cast my vote. While Derpy was the only one who got lynched, there were other votes before that one, the result was just "No Lynch". Why would it be wise to go against everybody and cast a vote for someone else when there's no chance of outnumbering the majority already?

  7. #187
    I'll always remember you~
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    739
    Blog Entries
    79

    Default Re: Trouble in Newbieville - 1/18/13 Day 4

    UNVOTE: Sunburn
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunburn View Post
    My opinion on the Derpy lynch is concise: At the time I was able to check the thread, there were already several votes against him. Voting for him would have been jumping on the bandwagon, which if he flipped town (and he did) is a scummy action, and I wasn't going to try and defend someone who had barely posted at all (and when he did, he was an advocate for inactivity). He was a difficult read because of that, and while lynching inactives can sometimes be a hit, this time it was a miss.
    ...Okay, so did you find him scummy, or did you not? You talk about voting for him and defending him in the same paragraph... Maybe you were just very confused by him XD

    To add to this, he claimed that there were two options if no one counterclaimed cop in response to the softclaim (which I don't think anyone did). The first was that Midori was a scummy cop, and the second was that there is no cop in the game. If Midori is in fact the cop, then we shouldn't be trying to lynch her in the first place, so a case against her would be anti-town.
    He did also say that the chances of Midori actually being a cop were highly unlikely, I think.
    If the second option is true and a cop is as real as Manti Te'o's girlfriend (that is to say, not real :P), then GM's more cautious proposal of playing the game out and letting the cop eventually reveal the mafia is extremely anti-town, as there would be no cop in the game making reads and coming out with accusations.
    ...Forget about anti-town, if there's no cop then it's impossible to let them reveal the mafia. :P
    Also, we don't know how the roleblocking works in this game, so I'm not sure about using that as ammunition for a suspicion. Do you only receive the message when you try to use a night action and are blocked? Or do you receive the message for roleblocking regardless of whether you have a Night Action or not? Until everyone in this game is roleblocked, we won't know for sure, and we'll all have to trust our own judgement regardless of what people claim.
    ^ This is pretty much a summary of what has been stated already about the roleblocking. Personally, I doubt Midori would be lying about being roleblocked, it doesn't really accomplish anything. Since she has said repeatedly that she's not the cop, I don't think mafia would have roleblocked her. I think there's a higher probability of a jailer that has been protecting Midori... I could be wrong, of course.


    Also, @Midorikawa; Why did you vote Sunburn right after I did?

  8. #188
    I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,564
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Trouble in Newbieville - 1/18/13 Day 4

    @Shadows; Pressure, testing
    @Pokemaster97; day one was the only time their was a majority no lynch vote, and if we don't pressure others to speak then we don't get hints an we can't find mafia. Unless you want to sit around waiting for the cop to speak like GM has suggested, assuming there is one. Also there wouldn't be two to three dominating conversation if everyone stopped being so inactive. We have two days for the day phases and nothing get done because everyone is so inactive minus a few. At anytime anyone can interject in the conversation, and only one day there was domination was day 2.

  9. #189
    Canadian Sweetheart Pokemaster97's Avatar Bulbanews WriterArchives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    566
    Blog Entries
    2

    Visit Pokemaster97's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Trouble in Newbieville - 1/18/13 Day 4

    @MidorikawaI admit, I could work on commenting on more things, but it doesn't mean I'm trying to halter the town. Anyway on the things that have been said, I believe you when you say you've been roleblocked, because I don't see any real reason you would lie about that, but I don't understand why the mafia would continually block the same person over and over. Maybe Shadow's theory about the jailer isn't that far fetched. When your roll blocked does it tell you who blocked you?

    Haven't heard much from you lately @Orion. Any thoughts?

  10. #190
    I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,564
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Trouble in Newbieville - 1/18/13 Day 4

    @Pokemaster97; I never said you were hindering the town, just not helping it really, and if you notice, my vote is on GM not you. Also I've considered a jailkeeper which if it is then they're smart in knowing who is town. Thing is no one else has been roleblocked, and if they have then they haven't said anything. Jailkeeper is a possible role, while roleblocker is a sure fire role. I got roleblocked the night after day 2 where I dropped the cop hints. Then again last night after GM kept insisting that I'm the cop, which is why I think roleblocker is more likely. Though it's also possible that the roleblocker is inactive meaning that lynching those that rarely do anything like Derpy was, are good targets. Unfortunately we don't have much to go off of to tell anything about what the mafia is thinking.

    Tell me there has been decent enough activity and there isn't many left. I provided everyones posts minus mine and GMs due to the day phase 2 stuff, the previous day phase. Who do you think is most suspicious.

  11. #191
    URPG! GliscorMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    2,949
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Trouble in Newbieville - 1/18/13 Day 4

    @Midorikawa;, you're taking this too far. Stop deliberately misunderstanding what I said. If I said something and it sounded differently to some people, I explained it throughly after that. You just keep trying to pin everything on me.

    1. I NEVER said that we should sit back and wait for the cop. I said that we shouldn't lynch without good reason, and that the best reason would be with a cop's lead.

    2. I never said that you were cop. Ever. I had thought you claimed cop (apparently you were "soft" claiming), but not for a moment did I believe it.

    You keep asking everyone things like: "Who do you think is scummier?" Then you spread downright lies like these in an attempt to have people side with you in lynching me, claiming that your attempt at starting a bandwagon is merely a "place-holder vote".

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    Unfortunately we don't have much to go off of to tell anything about what the mafia is thinking.
    Also, what do you mean by this? The whole point of a Mafia game is that we don't know what the Mafia is planning.

    Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

  12. #192
    I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,564
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Trouble in Newbieville - 1/18/13 Day 4

    @GliscorMan; I asked Pokemaster who they suspected not who they thought was scummier. Nice job on twisting my words. As for that quote, exactly what it says. We don't know what the mafia is thinking nor can we guess due to inactivity and the fact we haven't caught one. And I never said my vote on you was a place holder, I said people could call it a place holder if they want, and then stated my reasons on voting you.

  13. #193
    URPG! GliscorMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    2,949
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Trouble in Newbieville - 1/18/13 Day 4

    Scummier usually equals suspect. Unless you've got some sort of hidden agenda, at least.

    I didn't twist your words at all. You're the one completely ignoring the points I brought up. Quite hypocritical, I'd say.

    So maybe you didn't call it a placeholder. You did, however, imply that others should feel that way about it. And you only gave one reason. That "I was hurting the town (...) by only targeting one person." By this, you mean you. Which is completely not the case. I was an advocate for not lynching Derpy simply because she was inactive. I pointed out that Stillboy and Sunburn were both pro-town and haven't died while people who have attracted suspicion, like Sputnik and Dark Blueberry, have all been night-killed.

    Your only actual defense is that I'm targeting you. If that isn't counter-intuitive, I don't know what is.

    Now please answer my points in my previous post, @Midorikawa;.

    Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

  14. #194
    I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,564
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Trouble in Newbieville - 1/18/13 Day 4

    Quote Originally Posted by GliscorMan View Post
    @Midorikawa;, you're taking this too far. Stop deliberately misunderstanding what I said. If I said something and it sounded differently to some people, I explained it throughly after that. You just keep trying to pin everything on me.
    Am not. You're the one tunneling in on just me. I've brought up points against others and am willing to vote them.

    1. I NEVER said that we should sit back and wait for the cop. I said that we shouldn't lynch without good reason, and that the best reason would be with a cop's lead.
    We don't know if there is a cop so it's best to go off of the evidence we have in thread which I have been trying to do this whole time.

    2. I never said that you were cop. Ever. I had thought you claimed cop (apparently you were "soft" claiming), but not for a moment did I believe it.
    You literally spent the previous day phase saying if I'm the cop then I'm a scummy one, and if not then the real one needs to speak up.

    You keep asking everyone things like: "Who do you think is scummier?" Then you spread downright lies like these in an attempt to have people side with you in lynching me, claiming that your attempt at starting a bandwagon is merely a "place-holder vote".
    Who is scummier implies I gave a choice between a select few. I asked for suspicions, which implies who is most suspicious to you out of everyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    Unfortunately we don't have much to go off of to tell anything about what the mafia is thinking.
    Also, what do you mean by this? The whole point of a Mafia game is that we don't know what the Mafia is planning.
    I already explained that.

    Now we're not getting anywhere voting each other. How about we try working together. Other than me who is your top suspect?

  15. #195
    URPG! GliscorMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    2,949
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Trouble in Newbieville - 1/18/13 Day 4

    Okay, I need to throw this out there. My mentioning the two possibilities for if only one person claimed cop is completely false. There's really only one option for that situation. I'm not going to mention what it is, so not to throw Heisenberg into the mix. I was intending on keeping this to myself until everyone had said they weren't cop. But considering that, as I said before, I misread Mido's post as claiming cop (I wasn't jumping on it, just trying to get a straight answer from her for once), the point is probable moot by now.

    As for regard to Mido finally rebutting my two points...

    Stalemate detected.

    Like seriously. We're throwing back the same things at each other. What I thought would be an easy advantage for the town on D1-2 turned out to be a week-long gridlock of mudslinging.

    I have to agree with @Pokemaster97;. We're stifling any sort of other conversation by ignoring other people's questions/accusations.

    A brief list of opinions:

    @stillboy; is lurking hard. Not sure what to make of that.
    @Pokemaster97; is pissed because we can't do anything. And Mido's accusing him for having his questions ignored.
    @Shadows; is... I have no clue. I literally forgot she was in this game, that's how bad she was lurking. And had a nice little logical defense planned out for when Mido questioned her. Hm...
    @Orion; must be MIA. Where the hell did that guy go?
    @Sunburn; is trying his best, but can't get a word in edgewise. New kid trying to figure out what's going on.
    Midorikawa; LOLSCUM

    As much as I hate being forced into working with Mido, I guess it's gonna have to happen. I just really don't want to take this situation to LYLO...

    Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •