Mafia: Trouble in Newbieville - 1/26/13 TOWN WINS & Mentor Chat - Page 11

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 307
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Trouble in Newbieville - 1/26/13 TOWN WINS & Mentor Chat

  1. #151
    URPG! GliscorMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    2,949
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Trouble in Newbieville - 1/15/13 Day 3

    @Shadows; is correct about the roles. So stop pretending that all of those are only "possible roles". At least 2 of them are in the game. @Midorikawa;, do you even know how a roleblocker works? A cop will not get a report (coming from someone who's been copblocked before), while any other role will not be able to figure out if they have been blocked. You're abusing these people's lack of experience, and I'd like you to stop that.

    Let me get this straight. You aren't claiming cop, yet you say that you were role blocked. How do you know? A Jailkeeper or a Doctor doesn't get a reply from the host. Ever. Even if their role was used and worked. Vanilla Townie doesn't even have any role to send. You have to be cop, or you're lying. There's no way you can not be cop and be telling the truth.

    Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

  2. #152
    I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,551
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Trouble in Newbieville - 1/15/13 Day 3

    @Shadows; I didn't notice that. I thought all were possible roles, not exact.
    @GliscorMan; Again how would you know if they're told whether or not they're roleblocked?

  3. #153
    I'll always remember you~
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    739
    Blog Entries
    79

    Default Re: Trouble in Newbieville - 1/15/13 Day 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    Again how would you know if they're told whether or not they're roleblocked?
    Um, I think what he means is that the cop would always be able to tell if they've been blocked, because they'll try to check someone and the check won't work. It doesn't matter if the host chooses to let them know or not.
    The doctor would only be able to tell if they happened to protect the same person the mafia chose to kill.

  4. #154
    I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,551
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Trouble in Newbieville - 1/15/13 Day 3

    Well that's nice, but I'm not the cop and I got a message saying I was roleblocked. I want to know why GM says that I wouldn't get that message unless I'm cop.

  5. #155
    Canadian Sweetheart Pokemaster97's Avatar Bulbanews WriterArchives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    564
    Blog Entries
    2

    Visit Pokemaster97's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Trouble in Newbieville - 1/15/13 Day 3

    Wait I don't understand, if someone is rollblocked, they're notified no matter what? Like for example, if I was a Vanilla Townie and I got rollblocked, would I be informed?

  6. #156
    URPG! GliscorMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    2,949
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Trouble in Newbieville - 1/15/13 Day 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    Well that's nice, but I'm not the cop and I got a message saying I was roleblocked. I want to know why GM says that I wouldn't get that message unless I'm cop.
    That'd be nice and convenient, now wouldn't it? Except for the fact that no game I have ever heard of works that way. Even any of Master Mew's others. You claiming this is so out there, it's ridiculous for anyone to actually believe that you're town.

    Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

  7. #157
    I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,551
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Trouble in Newbieville - 1/15/13 Day 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaster97 View Post
    Wait I don't understand, if someone is rollblocked, they're notified no matter what? Like for example, if I was a Vanilla Townie and I got rollblocked, would I be informed?
    It depends on the host I think. This is my first time getting blocked as a vanilla so...

    @GliscorMan; You're really confusing me now. You want to lynch me, yet you keep saying I'm the cop which makes me a target for the mafia.

  8. #158
    URPG! GliscorMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    2,949
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Trouble in Newbieville - 1/15/13 Day 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post

    It depends on the host I think. This is my first time getting blocked as a vanilla so...
    I have to say that this is not the case. Because this is a mechanics issue, I've gotta at least ask... @Master Mew;, do you feel at liberty to tell us? I can't say that I'm relying only on this, though. I do have a backup plan... But it involves getting counter claims to cop.

    @GliscorMan; You're really confusing me now. You want to lynch me, yet you keep saying I'm the cop which makes me a target for the mafia.
    What's confusing about it? I said that you might be cop after I misread that you claimed it. Not now. Considering that you didn't actually claim cop (according to you) and are trying to pass as a Nilla, there's no harm in lynching you, is there?

    IMO, lynching Midorikawa will solve more problems than lynching an inactive. Inactive isn't a scumtell. Claiming that the host sent you a PM saying something that you wouldn't normally find out is. Guys, we need to act on this.

    Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

  9. #159
    LVL 7 Master Mew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nugget Bridge
    Posts
    4,007
    Blog Entries
    109

    Default Re: Trouble in Newbieville - 1/15/13 Day 3

    Quote Originally Posted by GliscorMan View Post
    I have to say that this is not the case. Because this is a mechanics issue, I've gotta at least ask... @Master Mew;, do you feel at liberty to tell us?
    In some games a player can only infer that they have been roleblocked when their role returns no results. In other games, the Host will separately notify the player that they were roleblocked. Because I did not clarify this mechanic in the original post (something I will do in future runs of the setup), I am not at liberty at specify which type of game this is.

    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

  10. #160
    URPG! GliscorMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    2,949
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Trouble in Newbieville - 1/15/13 Day 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GliscorMan View Post
    I have to say that this is not the case. Because this is a mechanics issue, I've gotta at least ask... @Master Mew;, do you feel at liberty to tell us?
    In some games a player can only infer that they have been roleblocked when their role returns no results. In other games, the Host will separately notify the player that they were roleblocked. Because I did not clarify this mechanic in the original post (something I will do in future runs of the setup), I am not at liberty at specify which type of game this is.
    All right. Good to note, at least. Though I have to say that most people (Cough @Midorikawa; cough) probably wouldn't be notified of being roleblocked if they didn't have a role in the first place. It just isn't logical.

    Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

  11. #161
    LVL 7 Master Mew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nugget Bridge
    Posts
    4,007
    Blog Entries
    109

    Default Re: Trouble in Newbieville - 1/15/13 Day 3

    Quote Originally Posted by GliscorMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GliscorMan View Post
    I have to say that this is not the case. Because this is a mechanics issue, I've gotta at least ask... @Master Mew;, do you feel at liberty to tell us?
    In some games a player can only infer that they have been roleblocked when their role returns no results. In other games, the Host will separately notify the player that they were roleblocked. Because I did not clarify this mechanic in the original post (something I will do in future runs of the setup), I am not at liberty at specify which type of game this is.
    All right. Good to note, at least. Though I have to say that most people (Cough @Midorikawa; cough) probably wouldn't be notified of being roleblocked if they didn't have a role in the first place. It just isn't logical.
    Vanilla is a role.
    Midorikawa likes this.

    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

  12. #162
    URPG! GliscorMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    2,949
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Trouble in Newbieville - 1/15/13 Day 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GliscorMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GliscorMan View Post
    I have to say that this is not the case. Because this is a mechanics issue, I've gotta at least ask... @Master Mew;, do you feel at liberty to tell us?
    In some games a player can only infer that they have been roleblocked when their role returns no results. In other games, the Host will separately notify the player that they were roleblocked. Because I did not clarify this mechanic in the original post (something I will do in future runs of the setup), I am not at liberty at specify which type of game this is.
    All right. Good to note, at least. Though I have to say that most people (Cough @Midorikawa; cough) probably wouldn't be notified of being roleblocked if they didn't have a role in the first place. It just isn't logical.
    Vanilla is a role.
    What would be blocked? "Sorry, you can't be top percentage anymore. You have to be a regular Rattata for the night."

    I can't believe I accidentally dragged the host into scumhunting. XD
    Midorikawa and Shadows like this.

    Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

  13. #163
    LVL 7 Master Mew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nugget Bridge
    Posts
    4,007
    Blog Entries
    109

    Default Re: Trouble in Newbieville - 1/15/13 Day 3

    Quote Originally Posted by GliscorMan View Post
    What would be blocked? "Sorry, you can't be top percentage anymore. You have to be a regular Rattata for the night."

    I can't believe I accidentally dragged the host into scumhunting. XD
    I just don't want you to build your case based off a misunderstanding of something the Host said.

    I said there are two ways the Host can handle Roleblocks. Either tell the player they were blocked, or don't. You inferred that in neither case would a Vanilla be notified, but I never said that. But I digress... some Hosts would tell a player that the Roleblocker targeted them, others wouldn't. It is considered a property of the Roleblocker role in games where the target is notified.

    Carry on.
    Midorikawa likes this.

    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

  14. #164
    LVL 7 Master Mew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nugget Bridge
    Posts
    4,007
    Blog Entries
    109

    Default Re: Trouble in Newbieville - 1/17/13 Night 3



    SOMETHING HAS HAPPENED!

    The committee met for the third time today, and things were getting frantic. Coincidences could now be ruled out, a second anvil had fallen last night and crushed Sputnik, and all of Newbieville was in an uproar. Something had to be done.

    ...But one person seemed unwilling to take action.

    "Why don't you want to catch the Mafia?"

    "I don't know, just seems more like a job for the police, to me."

    "... DIE SCUM!!!!!!!!!!!!one!!!!!!!eleven!!!!!!!!!!"





    It is now Night 3.

    You have 24 hours to submit any Night Actions you have as well as discuss both with your Mentors and in-thread what the best path will be for tomorrow.

    Power Role/s: You may submit your action either via PM to Master Mew, or in your Mentor QT.
    Last edited by Master Mew; 17th January 2013 at 01:10 AM.

    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

  15. #165
    Follow The Freezing Moon Orion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Caught In A Mosh
    Posts
    511
    Blog Entries
    61

    Visit Orion's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Trouble in Newbieville - 1/17/13 Night 3

    This flavor text is gold.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •