Mafia: Trouble in Newbieville - 1/26/13 TOWN WINS & Mentor Chat - Page 11

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Trouble in Newbieville - 1/26/13 TOWN WINS & Mentor Chat

Blog Entries

Default Re: Trouble in Newbieville - 1/15/13 Day 3

@Shadows; is correct about the roles. So stop pretending that all of those are only "possible roles". At least 2 of them are in the game. @Midorikawa;, do you even know how a roleblocker works? A cop will not get a report (coming from someone who's been copblocked before), while any other role will not be able to figure out if they have been blocked. You're abusing these people's lack of experience, and I'd like you to stop that.

Let me get this straight. You aren't claiming cop, yet you say that you were role blocked. How do you know? A Jailkeeper or a Doctor doesn't get a reply from the host. Ever. Even if their role was used and worked. Vanilla Townie doesn't even have any role to send. You have to be cop, or you're lying. There's no way you can not be cop and be telling the truth.

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

@Shadows; I didn't notice that. I thought all were possible roles, not exact.
    @GliscorMan; Again how would you know if they're told whether or not they're roleblocked?

I'll always remember you~
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    Again how would you know if they're told whether or not they're roleblocked?
    Um, I think what he means is that the cop would always be able to tell if they've been blocked, because they'll try to check someone and the check won't work. It doesn't matter if the host chooses to let them know or not.
    The doctor would only be able to tell if they happened to protect the same person the mafia chose to kill.

Blog Entries

Well that's nice, but I'm not the cop and I got a message saying I was roleblocked. I want to know why GM says that I wouldn't get that message unless I'm cop.

Canadian Sweetheart Pokemaster97's Avatar Bulbanews WriterArchives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Visit Pokemaster97's Youtube Channel

Wait I don't understand, if someone is rollblocked, they're notified no matter what? Like for example, if I was a Vanilla Townie and I got rollblocked, would I be informed?

Blog Entries

Well that's nice, but I'm not the cop and I got a message saying I was roleblocked. I want to know why GM says that I wouldn't get that message unless I'm cop.
    That'd be nice and convenient, now wouldn't it? Except for the fact that no game I have ever heard of works that way. Even any of Master Mew's others. You claiming this is so out there, it's ridiculous for anyone to actually believe that you're town.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaster97 View Post
    Wait I don't understand, if someone is rollblocked, they're notified no matter what? Like for example, if I was a Vanilla Townie and I got rollblocked, would I be informed?
    It depends on the host I think. This is my first time getting blocked as a vanilla so...

@GliscorMan; You're really confusing me now. You want to lynch me, yet you keep saying I'm the cop which makes me a target for the mafia.

Blog Entries

It depends on the host I think. This is my first time getting blocked as a vanilla so...
    I have to say that this is not the case. Because this is a mechanics issue, I've gotta at least ask... @Master Mew;, do you feel at liberty to tell us? I can't say that I'm relying only on this, though. I do have a backup plan... But it involves getting counter claims to cop.

@GliscorMan; You're really confusing me now. You want to lynch me, yet you keep saying I'm the cop which makes me a target for the mafia.
    What's confusing about it? I said that you might be cop after I misread that you claimed it. Not now. Considering that you didn't actually claim cop (according to you) and are trying to pass as a Nilla, there's no harm in lynching you, is there?

IMO, lynching Midorikawa will solve more problems than lynching an inactive. Inactive isn't a scumtell. Claiming that the host sent you a PM saying something that you wouldn't normally find out is. Guys, we need to act on this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GliscorMan View Post
    I have to say that this is not the case. Because this is a mechanics issue, I've gotta at least ask... @Master Mew;, do you feel at liberty to tell us?
    In some games a player can only infer that they have been roleblocked when their role returns no results. In other games, the Host will separately notify the player that they were roleblocked. Because I did not clarify this mechanic in the original post (something I will do in future runs of the setup), I am not at liberty at specify which type of game this is.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    I have to say that this is not the case. Because this is a mechanics issue, I've gotta at least ask... @Master Mew;, do you feel at liberty to tell us?
    In some games a player can only infer that they have been roleblocked when their role returns no results. In other games, the Host will separately notify the player that they were roleblocked. Because I did not clarify this mechanic in the original post (something I will do in future runs of the setup), I am not at liberty at specify which type of game this is.
    All right. Good to note, at least. Though I have to say that most people (Cough @Midorikawa; cough) probably wouldn't be notified of being roleblocked if they didn't have a role in the first place. It just isn't logical.

Blog Entries

All right. Good to note, at least. Though I have to say that most people (Cough @Midorikawa; cough) probably wouldn't be notified of being roleblocked if they didn't have a role in the first place. It just isn't logical.
    Vanilla is a role.
    Midorikawa likes this.

Blog Entries

Vanilla is a role.
    What would be blocked? "Sorry, you can't be top percentage anymore. You have to be a regular Rattata for the night."

I can't believe I accidentally dragged the host into scumhunting. XD
    Midorikawa and Shadows like this.

Blog Entries

What would be blocked? "Sorry, you can't be top percentage anymore. You have to be a regular Rattata for the night."

I can't believe I accidentally dragged the host into scumhunting. XD
    I just don't want you to build your case based off a misunderstanding of something the Host said.

I said there are two ways the Host can handle Roleblocks. Either tell the player they were blocked, or don't. You inferred that in neither case would a Vanilla be notified, but I never said that. But I digress... some Hosts would tell a player that the Roleblocker targeted them, others wouldn't. It is considered a property of the Roleblocker role in games where the target is notified.

Carry on.
    Midorikawa likes this.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Trouble in Newbieville - 1/17/13 Night 3

SOMETHING HAS HAPPENED!

The committee met for the third time today, and things were getting frantic. Coincidences could now be ruled out, a second anvil had fallen last night and crushed Sputnik, and all of Newbieville was in an uproar. Something had to be done.

...But one person seemed unwilling to take action.

"Why don't you want to catch the Mafia?"

"I don't know, just seems more like a job for the police, to me."

"... DIE SCUM!!!!!!!!!!!!one!!!!!!!eleven!!!!!!!!!!"

It is now Night 3.

You have 24 hours to submit any Night Actions you have as well as discuss both with your Mentors and in-thread what the best path will be for tomorrow.

Power Role/s: You may submit your action either via PM to Master Mew, or in your Mentor QT.
    Last edited by Master Mew; 17th January 2013 at 01:10 AM.

Blog Entries

Visit Orion's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Trouble in Newbieville - 1/17/13 Night 3

This flavor text is gold.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast