Cancelled: Superhero Mafia: CLOSED(Inactivity Wins!)

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Superhero Mafia: CLOSED(Inactivity Wins!)

Blog Entries

Default Superhero Mafia: CLOSED(Inactivity Wins!)

Rules for the Superhero Mafia:

PLOT
    Welcome to the city, a metropolis ruled by The Baron of Time, the only villian ever to take over the world successfully. Suprisengly, after taking control, he made the world a much better place, so no-ones trying to kick him out. Still, the power to travel through time doesn't give you immortality, and the baron is getting old. He has recently announced that he will die very soon, and that he will leave the world to whomever can win his contest. He has gathered the strongest heros and villians together and trapped them in his capitol city. He says that whichever side destroys the other will be installed as the rulers of the world. As one of the people he has gathered, you must do your best to make sure that control of the planet does not fall into the hands of your enemy.

When I'm talking about someones super-powered identity, I'll say character. When I'm talking about someones real identity (your hero's secret identity) I'll say person. If I'm talking about the person playing the game, I'll say player.
    Goal of the game: The heros must kill all the villians, or vise versa. The winners will be any survivors once either side is dead.

Phases: Phases will be 24 hours, but they will NOT be on the weekends. Thats not to say you can't do stuff on the weekends, but there is no voting, or other actions that require me to be present. Each phase, everyone will meet and decide a character to off. Heros will pick villians in the night, and villians will vote on heros in the day. One thing about this mafia is that killing DOES NOT happen at the end of a phase, but at the end of the next phase. Therefor, if you think you are being targeted, you can try to protect yourself. Also, when voting, you can also vote on heros or villians to lead the lynch mob. Certaint characters will have actions that they can preform once a phase.

Identities: Players SHOULD keep their characters secret, but they don't have to. However, you should be warned that the vigilante goes after people based on their identity, not their character, so revealing who you really are has NO real effect other than making you a target of the vigilante and the other side. A few characters can find out who people are, and the reporter (who doesn't count as a player, because they cannot be killed) can make one character's identity public once per day. Also, there is a character who can ask dead people who killed them. If you find out a player's character, you can do whatever you like with it, such as forgetting you know it or sendind a PM with the information out to everyone you know.

Combat: The big difference between this mafia and other mafias is that this one has combat. THIS IS NOT RP COMBAT, SO YOU HAVE NO CONTROL OVER YOUR CHARACTER. Basically, after you vote on who gets killed, you make a lynch mob to carry out the hit. The lynch mob will then have to 'fight' with the people protecting the target. Anyone who enters combat can die, but who dies is left up to me. I actually have a method for determining who lives and who doesn't, so don't complain if you die. The attacking people DO have a better chance of winning, so don't hesitate to join the mob.

The Lynch Mob: The mob will be formed out of voulnteers. Characters who are elidgable to join the lynch mob will receive PMs from me telling them that they can join. Here are some reasons why you might not get the invitation to join the mob: You are the target, you are in the wrong place, you are protecting the target, or you are dead. There are exceptions to all of those rules (Yes, even the last one) and I actually do have a method for deciding who can join the mob, so once again, don't complain. One other rule, if a mob is made up of all villians, the target WILL get a PM asking them if they want to join the mob. If they say yes, they will die.

Protecting the Target: Now after voting, there are a few people who know the target, or can learn. The three most important ones are the Oracle, the Reporter, and The Baron (Me). You can ask them for the info, but just because you ask doesn't mean they will tell you the truth. They might lie, or just not answer. The only one who will tell the truth 100% of the time is The Baron, but I will ask for a price. This could be anything from your life, to you not being active next phase, or I might say that if a certaint character is not dead in three phases you die. You won't know the price until after you ask, and by that time it will be too late. If you know or think that you are the target, you can ask for protection from other players, or other characters. If you want to ask other characters for help, PM me and tell me who to ask, and I will. If you want to ask another player for help you can do it by PMing them or just asking for help here. Heros can also protect someone without being asked first, and villians can protect someone and be on the lynch mob at the same time.

Other Rules: I'll want copies of ALL forms of communication used for this mafia, including but not limited too: VMs PMs Emails Quicktopics and Facebook messages.
    Inactivity will be punished. If you miss a phase, I'll PM you. I'll do this five times, then I will either kill you or replace you.
    If you get a gender specific role (like Powerman or gigawoman or something like that) and you are the wrong gender, feel free to tell me and get the gender changed. That is the only complaint I will accept.

There are 19 players. 8 are heros, 8 are villians, and 3 aren't on either side

1.Hellion
    2.Shiny Celebi Killed day 2
    3.Corruption
    4.Axle Helios
    5.Sourcandy
    6.Opossumguy
    7.Iteru Killed day 1
    8.Makuta Teridax
    9.Swoobat
    10.Neonsands Killed night 3
    11.Just me
    12.lizzxxk Killed day 2
    13.Mintaka*
    14.Pokemad
    15.J J M
    16.Mijzelffan Killed night 2
    17.IceKyurem
    18.Panu
    19.thealmightyone

Now, the characters:
    Zeno
    Megaman
    The Zoomerang
    Sylvanus
    L.A.W. Killed day 1
    Nova
    Cptn. Cosmic Killed night 2
    Red Tide
    The Zombie
    Incubus
    Dynamo
    Sandwich Man
    The Necro-Police
    The Dreamer
    Rex Killed day 2
    Crunk Cat
    Rhotuka (Makuta Teridax, the oracle)
    The Minion/Kage-Hibi Killed day 2
    The Sidekick/Mifune, Shinobi Master Killed night 3
    Last edited by Parma; 1st October 2011 at 01:11 PM.
    Banner By Genbeeb

Blog Entries

Default Re: Superhero Mafia: Signups & Discussion

I'm in! Superheroes!

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Shiny Celebi In

Blog Entries

Great, so two people have singed up. Either of you two got any questions?

Also, if you are looking at this thread and feel like you aren't going to join because it looks to complicated, please reconsider. I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have.
    Banner By Genbeeb

shsl achievement hunter eridan ampora's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sign me up :)

Now with more cowbell. Axle Helios's Avatar
    Follow Axle Helios On Twitter
    Follow Axle Helios on Tumblr Visit Axle Helios's Youtube Channel

I'm in this. Only question, you said there are 25, but 12 heroes, 12 villains and 3 special roles add up to 27.
    I got my claims down on Quagsire, Miror B, Roar and Sand Stream.
    Winner of Burned Planet Mafia and Plants vs Zombies Mafia.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Axle Helios View Post
    I'm in this. Only question, you said there are 25, but 12 heroes, 12 villains and 3 special roles add up to 27.
    Whoops! Sorry. Just a stupid mistake on my part.
    Banner By Genbeeb

Blog Entries

let me be mafia....im begging you D:
    My life is a nightmare

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sourcandy View Post
    let me be mafia....im begging you D:
    You have almost a 50% chance of being mafia.
    Banner By Genbeeb

Some say I'm part opossum Opossumguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Opossumguy, signing up. I hope I get the power to morph into an opossum...
    I love opossums. They shall rule the world. Oh, and I should be more active now.

Blog Entries

Ok, so I have 6 out of 25 people on the first day the signups are up. I think that bodes fairly well. Remember, if you have ANY questions, just ask and I will explain whatever you want.
    Banner By Genbeeb

Blog Entries

I'd like to give this a shot.

Now with more cowbell. Axle Helios's Avatar
    Follow Axle Helios On Twitter
    Follow Axle Helios on Tumblr Visit Axle Helios's Youtube Channel

Also, do we not know anyone who's on our own team, or does one team know all its members? not sure how it'd work in a 'mafia' that big.
    I got my claims down on Quagsire, Miror B, Roar and Sand Stream.
    Winner of Burned Planet Mafia and Plants vs Zombies Mafia.

Blog Entries

Follow No Lynch on Tumblr

Count me in!
    Catch a tail by the tiger,
    Take the horns by the bull,
    A bird in need is a friend indeed,
    So pull the eyes over the wool!

Blog Entries

*signs up*
    That's a very nice post you have there...

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast