Mafia: Super Smash Bros Mafia - 12/21 - The End - Town Victory - Page 21
Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Smash Bros Mafia - 12/21 - The End - Town Victory

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Super Smash Bros Mafia - 12/11 - Night 2: Meta Meta Meta Meta

My dear harpy, thank you for your kind words.

Yes, yes, it may indeed be a bad idea for the town to claim to me in all honesty. ^^; Which doesn't make me very beneficial for either party.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hooray! People listened to me for once!

Good job, guys. You made the right choice.

About the Elysion situation; there are a few possibilities:

1. Elysion is independent and telling the truth about her win-condition. If this is the case, then we can basically just leave her alone as long as she doesn't jump about the place or cause too much mayhem. Either way, we can't tell what she'll do for sure, and I'd rather not have a liability on our hands. As well as that, taking a spot in the final four does not sound like good news for the town -- it seems a little anti-townish to me, for sure.
    2. Elysion is independent and lying about her wincon. If this is the case, we lynch her.
    3. Elysion is lying about her alignment and her wincon. If this is the case, we lynch her.

No matter what, unless there is better evidence against somebody else, I suggest that we should lynch Elysion tomorrow. Keeping her around is more of a danger than a benefit, and it's not like we're going to be doing anything else besides be clueless tomorrow, unless we can gather more information.

By the way, does anyone want counter-claim TRACKER?

@Bomika; @Soulmaster; @KidBeano; *prods* Are you still with us?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

no, she isn't here, leave a message pls

Sorry, I've been paying attention, just that I didn't have much to contribute or know what to do.

From what I've seen, Elysion's victory condition does make me worried because in a situation town is wiping out mafia quickly, her chances of winning will decrease. But even in such a situation, her one vote likely won't change a town's bandwagon on a suspect. Currently she doesn't seem much of a threat. If she proves to be anti-town, we can lynch her then.

FC: 2294-4703-4926 | 제노바
    Friend Safari Info: Flying (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Fletchfinder)

I'll always remember you~
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Great job, town, the godfather's dead! :)

Hm... Elysion's win condition does sound a little worrying, since it would be so easy for her to side with the mafia. And the game reaching final four doesn't sound like it's going to happen very soon, so if we choose to leave her alone we'll be doing it for a while.
    To be honest, I think her win condition sounds very believable, given that this is about SSB (so either she's telling the truth or she's lying and she's a genius). But final four... isn't that kind of hard to do? And it seems strange to me that the only ability she's given to help her out is a double voting ability. I mean, sure, it would be useful near endgame, but... For an independent, double voting doesn't seem like a very good ability to have.
    But that's just me. I don't know if it's easy for double voting independents to last all the way to the final four or not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Despite my stay in this game being brief, I had lots of fun~! I rather die getting lynched instead of winning with no thrill. If I stayed alive, I wouldn't have been much of a help for my team in the next few days. I'm glad I was entertained. Good luck to both factions and to FrostyGaga to keep on doing a good job!

and ohmaigawd people are talking about my bw! mafia in this game that makes me so happy<3333

gotta finish those roles for BW!2 Mafia

/shameless advertising

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Soulmaster On Twitter
    Visit Soulmaster's Youtube Channel

Sorry, I'm here. But I just don't have anything as of yet.
    Last edited by Soulmaster; 12th December 2012 at 03:12 PM.

Credit for the Banner goes to Pyradox. Link to URPG stats
    Mafia Win/Lose Tally
    Black FC: 1506 9762 7606: White 2 FC: 2967-6420-8683: My Fanclub
    Winner of LOST mafia, My Little Pony: Friendship is Mafia 2, Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mafia, Fos Ro Mafia, Legendary Pokemon Mafia, War Room Mafia 5, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Mafia, Pokemon Movie Mafia
    Writer's Workshop Moderator

I can overcome anything! Midorikawa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    1. @Midorikawa;
    2. @Rio Kamishiro;
    4. @Dark Blueberry;
    5. @FinalArcadia;
    6. @Laterose;
    7. @Ryoga Kamishiro;
    8. @Elysion;
    9. @Bomika;
    10. @Insanish Danish;
    11. @Shadows;
    12. @Neon Borealis;
    13. @Baron Dante;
    14. @Akuraito;
    15. @DrumBeats;
    17. @Buoy;
    18. @Chaosj2;
    19. @TairaNamikase;
    20. @Soulmaster;
    21. @KidBeano;

Any Double Voter counter-claims?

A Mafia Double Voter is still possible, though.
    I think we should take note of a mafia saying this. Let's hope that FrostyGaga didn't give a double voter to each alignment

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    o_O everybody's voting for Sputnik?

By the looks of it, she'll be lynched regardless ;_;
    Just noting this post

Quote Originally Posted by Insanish Danish View Post
    Aww, I like the Ice Climbers. :<

I found Sputnik a bit scummy myself, but I decided not to vote in case her claim really was true...and looks like it was. That's a shame :/
    Note the bold

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    Right, that was NOT an epic way to start this game ;_; Sputnik is always scummy, but did we really have to lynch her? I mean, yeah - lynching somebody might be better than a no lynch... but this was... ;_;
    You popped on a little before and you did nothing to help her.

Quote Originally Posted by Laterose View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    So you voted her because she's squirmy? That's a legit reason, let me just walk away. Not. You point to something that looks like a joke as your reason and don't give a real one. That's scummy, just jumping on the bandwagon early for no reason.
    I voted her because she was acting suspicious and a bit erratic (more than usual?). That's what "squirmy" meant. I wasn't jumping on a bandwagon.
    Why didn't you say this when I first asked you, or did it take time to think of a good reason.

She was squirming more than usual, if anything. I'm thinking of outing the Independent's claim... They could Mafia trying to pull a strategy...
    Mafia using Laterose's word...

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Borealis View Post
    And that binary text says "Red Herring"

Perhaps the reporter doing his/her tricks...
    A possibility

Quote Originally Posted by Shadows View Post
    Well, since it specifically says he was killed, I see no reason to assume otherwise... but then if he was mafia, how did he die?
    Brushing things off is the largest mistake town can make. I suggested a converter in the GX mafia and people didn't care much for it.

Maybe there was a kill redirector, and the janitor's ability got redirected as well?
    Possible

Quote Originally Posted by Ryoga Kamishiro View Post
    Baron Dante had to be Town, because come on, why would the mafia bother killing their own and using a janitor ability on it? To confuse us? Not likely.
    Could you be trying to avoid us knowing your fellow mafia is alive still? Again brushing off things can cost the town.

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Borealis View Post
    Well, I'm going a bit meta here, but this wouldn't be the first time I've seen a reporter faking victory/death for him/herself, or someone else.

But again, it's just a theory. And the janitor option seems more likely.
    It's still a plausible one

It looks like we're back to random voting.

Vote: Chaosj2

Let's get this party started, I guess?
    Really? And then you try to refute this later. Your reason, he's town and your scum I assume

Well, the post outright said "Baron Dante was killed.". So I don't know where people are getting the idea that he isn't.
    Here Human says that BD is dead. Now BD can be a dead townie, but it also re-brings up the possibility that he's mafia playing dead.

Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Akuraito View Post
    Yeah, which she did of her own free will.
    And the other option was just to let herself die. It's a no-brainer that you would claim outloud over that.
    If her only two options were die or claim in-thread, then why is it so apparently suspicious that Human told her to claim? I mean, if she was assured death without claiming since she already had a vote majority, what else really can you tell someone to do when it's Day 1?
    FA defending Human. Could be mafia protecting mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    I'm actually finding Laterose more suspicious than anyone else at this moment.

VOTE: Laterose

She's had plenty of time since voting yesterday to actually explain WHY she voted Chaosj2. Not explaining just seems like keeping secrets from town and hoping we'll go along. And if she wanted a reaction from Chaosj2 and that was it, well... that doesn't explain why her vote still stands, unless she knows something big that the rest of us aren't aware of.
    Again helping Human
    Quote Originally Posted by DrumBeats View Post
    Vote: Laterose

I'm torn between her and Human on who's more suspicious, but I'll go with her for now. If anything happens where there will be no lynch, I'll switch to Human.

Lateroses quick random vote is odd, coupled with her contradiction late saying she knew nothing, yet something struck her suspicious about Chaos. If you share reasoning and it's good I'll change my vote.

Human just seems overly defensive about this. If you really aren't mafia, don't vote for someone else just to save your ass. So anything suspicious about Chaos that made you vote him?
    Another slight defense on Human. I'm only pointing out this vote because of the next quote by DrumBeats

Quote Originally Posted by DrumBeats View Post
    Human, I also seem to remember going back and analyzing the thread to point out better options while I did so. Just saying, I didn't just vote them and get defensive like you are.

Also great use of Meta. Much like meta knight in most smash bros tournaments, meta is banned from logical reasoning :P

Unvote: Laterose
    Vote: Human

You're digging your own grave.
    Human as you said is digging his own grave, and you call him Meta Knight.

Hey, yeah, I haven't been online since I voted yesterday.

As I mentioned earlier: in the bandwagon for Sputnik, Ryoga, Chaos and Shadows all voted in succession. Ryoga and Shadows both gave at least some reason why they were making their vote (even if Shadows was only agreeing with Ryoga), while Chaos had nothing but "Wasn't Sputnik lynched day one in such-and-such mafia?" to justify his vote. I have a FoS on both Ryoga and Shadows as well, but Chaos struck me as the scummiest. That is why I voted for him. If Chaos has come up with an actual defense, I missed it somewhere.

As for the contradictions, I suppose I should have been more forward with the reasoning, rather than just encouraging random voting again as my vote clearly was not random. XD I was looking for answers, and I thought that I could prod Chaos for them while more random voting continued to get other people's attention.

Human isn't doing that great of a job clearing himself, either. Lol
    So you're suspicious of them for jumping on a bandwagon one after the other? That's horrid reason considering others were on it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanish Danish View Post
    Ugh, I've been so inactive. Apologies. ;__;

So...Human was the godfather, eh? Looking back through the thread and reading his posts, I'm not too surprised--he did come across as rather scummy to me.

I also don't see how Elysion is cleared...unless I missed something?
    So if Ely showed my conversation with her to Human then mafia probably saw it and you could easily be mafia worried about her promising to help town, and also want us to waste a day phase lynching her. Also note the bold how he comes on and just agrees with everyone saying he found so and so scummy.
    Great job, town, the godfather's dead! :)

Hm... Elysion's win condition does sound a little worrying, since it would be so easy for her to side with the mafia. And the game reaching final four doesn't sound like it's going to happen very soon, so if we choose to leave her alone we'll be doing it for a while.
    To be honest, I think her win condition sounds very believable, given that this is about SSB (so either she's telling the truth or she's lying and she's a genius). But final four... isn't that kind of hard to do? And it seems strange to me that the only ability she's given to help her out is a double voting ability. I mean, sure, it would be useful near endgame, but... For an independent, double voting doesn't seem like a very good ability to have.
    But that's just me. I don't know if it's easy for double voting independents to last all the way to the final four or not.
    No, though it's possible there are strong roles out there that can easily cause lots of deaths.

Also if you guys want, here's my convo with my faerie:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa
    Could you be trying to avoid us knowing your fellow mafia is alive still? Again brushing off things can cost the town.
    How was that avoiding or brushing it off? I was just saying what I thought on the matter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

How was that avoiding or brushing it off? I was just saying what I thought on the matter.
    Thought? You said it as a statement not a thought.

Post Thanks / Like

And that's different? Even if it was a statement it's not like the Town or anybody would actually listen to it, and go with it as if it was the truth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

And that's different? Even if it was a statement it's not like the Town or anybody would actually listen to it, and go with it as if it was the truth.
    It is different. And I listened to it and am taking it as a slip up. So you're incorrect

Post Thanks / Like

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

Could be just me, but I can't see that as a 'slip-up'. Thoughts can be thought of as 'statements'. It all depends on someone's take on the sentence.

once in a lifetime we're breaking all the rules

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rio Kamishiro View Post
    Could be just me, but I can't see that as a 'slip-up'. Thoughts can be thought of as 'statements'. It all depends on someone's take on the sentence.
    Defending a fellow mafia are we?

Post Thanks / Like

It is different. And I listened to it and am taking it as a slip up. So you're incorrect
    That was of your own free will, I have no control over that. Which is what I was mainly getting at, it was just something I put out there that anyone could listen to or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Rio Kamishiro View Post
    Defending a fellow mafia are we?
    Unless I'm missing a cop check or some kind of actual evidence, no.

once in a lifetime we're breaking all the rules

Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast