Mafia: Super Smash Bros Mafia - 12/21 - The End - Town Victory - Page 16
Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 754

Thread: Super Smash Bros Mafia - 12/21 - The End - Town Victory

  1. #226
    The Moon HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Tomoeda
    Posts
    1,187
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: Super Smash Bros Mafia - 12/10 - Day 2: Disturbance in the Force

    You didn't specify at all, and, honestly, it was Day 1. Who was she supposed to claim to? There was nobody who she could really even just claim to because she had a townread on them, since, again, it was Day 1. Asking her to claim so early on pretty much forces her to go in-thread with it.

    And that's really not the same situation; miller is hardly a valuable role to anyone town-aligned, so it can't really be considered a power role, meaning that it really isn't 'outing a power role', especially considering that the mafia would be absolute idiots to kill them unless they became a valid threat. A doublevoter, on the other hand, could seriously screw over the mafia in endgame if the numbers were tight enough, so they would probably killed soon enough; they're always a danger, unlike millers.

    In any case, you're looking the scummiest to me now, so I'll just VOTE: HumanDawn. Liable to change if something better comes up or whatever.

    i'm sorry if this post made no sense. x_x i'm really tired.
    well i'll be sure to be more clear

    That didn't stop Baron Dante from being lynched in that.

    oh dear god

    It was just a suggestion that she agreed to do. It's not as if I told her, CLAIM OR I'LL ENFORCE THIS LYNCH ON YOU!!! And I didn't tell her to claim to me specifically either.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    You still made her out her role. It doesn't matter which way she did it, you were still making her claim her role, so the point still stands. Also, those situations are different -- you can't argue one situation with another that doesn't come close to being the same. Baron Dante claimed miller, yes, and I did ask for counter-claims -- that's pretty much all that's the same. Baron Dante and Sputnik, if you haven't noticed, are two completely different people, and these are two completely different games you're talking about. The context, as well as post content -- as well as a plethora of other factors that would take me forever to list -- are nowhere near the same, and so you can't compare my actions in that game to yours in this game. Talk about specious.
    I didn't "make" her out her claim. I told her that it was an option, a suggestion. I didn't tell her that I would enforce the lynch on her. I can't see how the point stands at all. Different people, same situation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    A strategy is not the same thing as a posting style, thank you. As well as that, it's true that agreeing =/= buddying, but, given the fact that your advice was completely insubstantial when things boil right down to it, you basically just were agreeing with Dark Blueberry for the sake of it on that point. Again, you're pointing out something else that's different about our situations -- Akuraito agreed with me, but she didn't do it in a way that was completely pointless, like you were doing with DB.
    derp

    How was it completely pointless? Is it bad to show agreement?

    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    Not entirely.
    yes it is

    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    How is it their fault, especially in Sputnik's situation? She could hardly defend herself against charges like 'u got counterclaimed' and 'ur squirmy', could she? No.
    Yeah, which justified the lynch put on her. It's mostly their fault for not giving her a chance then. And I think I was referring to that comment in general, not in Sputnik's situation, hence me saying "they".

    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    er no u couldnt
    yes i could!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    but it wasn't the first time ever. she even said that explicitly. this just shows ignorance, or perhaps ignorance you are feigning. i don't see how a counter-claim gives rise to a lynch in the case of double-voters, and since sputnik claimed being town, why would you listen to an independent over her? yea idts bb
    derp

    A counterclaim is a counterclaim.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    No, you told me that "the person you should be asking here is Midorikawa". This turn of phrase explicitly states that Midorikawa is the person to ask, not a person to ask, and so you were telling me to ask her instead of you, so that point still stands.
    I was specifically referring to the moment when she enforced the lynch on Sputnik.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    Right, because, again, a counter-claim, especially with double-voters, and especially an 'independent' counter-claim, will mean that a double-voter claim who also claimed to be town is scum. Good thinking, batman. As well as that, you could have maybe said that earlier, instead of adding this on almost as an afterthought, as if trying to mollify me.
    Not necessarily scum. I thought it was our best bet at that point, since as I said, a counterclaim is a counterclaim. I'm not risking it. Even if it's coming from an Independent.

    jezus

    I thought that it was pretty clear that I didn't think of her to be scum because of her being squirmy. I even said I was amazed that people decided to bandwagon on her just because she voted No Lynch. The post I made after her death was to say that I couldn't really blame them with the squirmyness. It was their fault, true, but we all make mistakes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    So I just got on the computer other than the moment I popped on for the update.
    @Elysion; So I'm curious how you know what a janitor is. You're still pretty new to mafias and I've been in quite a few with you, but I've never seen a janitor role.

    Also I forgot the mafia, but don't just assume janitor guys. In another mafia I was in someone died and came back to live, because they "faked" their death. I don't want to rule out that possibility because it could screw us over if Baron Dante is mafia. Last time people ignored things like flavor text and possible mafia abilities, town lost. Look at the GX mafia for the proof.
    ... What? I don't recall that happening.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    @Midorikawa; o_O That's a possibility... though I've ever heard of that. Faking death? Is that really possible? Then shouldn't we vote for Baron just in case? It's still early in the game, so I think making a double-check could be better.
    omfg

    Check the list:

    13. @Baron Dante; Killed Night 1

    There's no WAY he's alive and that's not a justifiable reason to pointlessly vote for him again.

  2. #227
    Golden Lily Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Disposing of Strigoi
    Posts
    12,896
    Blog Entries
    24

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Super Smash Bros Mafia - 12/10 - Day 2: Disturbance in the Force

    @HumanDawn; People kept on disregarding flavor text in the GX mafia, and they brushed off the suggestion of a converter.
    Quote Originally Posted by the Ruby Circle
    "He's an animal," growled Dimitri. "He has no business being here."
    "Well, I suppose it–" I stopped and reconsidered Dimitri's words. "Do you know him or something?"
    Dimitri eyed me. "Yes. Do you?"
    "Yeah," I said. "He's my uncle. Rand Ivashkov."
    "Oh?" Dimitri's hardened expression didn't change. "He's my father."
    The Heart Connects The Suits♥Truth and Ideals☯ Starline☄

  3. #228
    Flirty Thief Kyriaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    8,202
    Blog Entries
    337

    Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

    Default Re: Super Smash Bros Mafia - 12/10 - Day 2: Disturbance in the Force

    @HumanDawn; I think we should still consider any roles that we might not have met before. Well, you've played mafia games more than I did so you'd probably know more, but for one thing, this game is the first time I've ever seen something like a 'janitor'. Who's to say there might be more roles that weren't in other games?

    And that goes for you as well. People started voting for you... but... I don't know. You could have some dangerous role I've never seen before.

  4. #229
    The Moon HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Tomoeda
    Posts
    1,187
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: Super Smash Bros Mafia - 12/10 - Day 2: Disturbance in the Force

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    @HumanDawn; People kept on disregarding flavor text in the GX mafia, and they brushed off the suggestion of a converter.
    Different hosts, different Flavor Text. I did use Frosty Gaga's FT when all the Night Actions were disabled to figure that who was Olaf did it though... There hasn't been any hints so far. Not that I see any.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    @HumanDawn; I think we should still consider any roles that we might not have met before. Well, you've played mafia games more than I did so you'd probably know more, but for one thing, this game is the first time I've ever seen something like a 'janitor'. Who's to say there might be more roles that weren't in other games?

    And that goes for you as well. People started voting for you... but... I don't know. You could have some dangerous role I've never seen before.
    well

    there aren't any SSB characters i'd say would have such an ability

    Um, I think you played more than I did XD. Uhh, I think you're dwelving too much on this.

    I don't have a dangerous role ^^;. Some hosts do make at least one original role for the game sometimes, though.

  5. #230

    Default Re: Super Smash Bros Mafia - 12/10 - Day 2: Disturbance in the Force

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    So I just got on the computer other than the moment I popped on for the update.
    @Elysion; So I'm curious how you know what a janitor is. You're still pretty new to mafias and I've been in quite a few with you, but I've never seen a janitor role.

    Oakwood Mafia had one. XD

  6. #231

    Default Re: Super Smash Bros Mafia - 12/10 - Day 2: Disturbance in the Force

    Gomen for the inactivity everyone. I'll try to be more active from now on.

    So, let me see if I can summarize everything, first, Buoy fished for reactions, then Elysion claimed and finally a janitor hid Baron's body. Am I gettting this tright?

  7. #232
    Golden Lily Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Disposing of Strigoi
    Posts
    12,896
    Blog Entries
    24

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Super Smash Bros Mafia - 12/10 - Day 2: Disturbance in the Force

    Quote Originally Posted by Elysion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    So I just got on the computer other than the moment I popped on for the update.
    @Elysion; So I'm curious how you know what a janitor is. You're still pretty new to mafias and I've been in quite a few with you, but I've never seen a janitor role.
    Oakwood Mafia had one. XD
    Ah okay. Just checking.
    Quote Originally Posted by the Ruby Circle
    "He's an animal," growled Dimitri. "He has no business being here."
    "Well, I suppose it–" I stopped and reconsidered Dimitri's words. "Do you know him or something?"
    Dimitri eyed me. "Yes. Do you?"
    "Yeah," I said. "He's my uncle. Rand Ivashkov."
    "Oh?" Dimitri's hardened expression didn't change. "He's my father."
    The Heart Connects The Suits♥Truth and Ideals☯ Starline☄

  8. #233
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    330
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Super Smash Bros Mafia - 12/10 - Day 2: Disturbance in the Force

    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    You didn't specify at all, and, honestly, it was Day 1. Who was she supposed to claim to? There was nobody who she could really even just claim to because she had a townread on them, since, again, it was Day 1. Asking her to claim so early on pretty much forces her to go in-thread with it.

    And that's really not the same situation; miller is hardly a valuable role to anyone town-aligned, so it can't really be considered a power role, meaning that it really isn't 'outing a power role', especially considering that the mafia would be absolute idiots to kill them unless they became a valid threat. A doublevoter, on the other hand, could seriously screw over the mafia in endgame if the numbers were tight enough, so they would probably killed soon enough; they're always a danger, unlike millers.

    In any case, you're looking the scummiest to me now, so I'll just VOTE: HumanDawn. Liable to change if something better comes up or whatever.

    i'm sorry if this post made no sense. x_x i'm really tired.
    well i'll be sure to be more clear

    That didn't stop Baron Dante from being lynched in that.

    oh dear god

    It was just a suggestion that she agreed to do. It's not as if I told her, CLAIM OR I'LL ENFORCE THIS LYNCH ON YOU!!! And I didn't tell her to claim to me specifically either.
    It wasn't a matter of clarity. It was that she didn't have any good options aside from claiming in-thread, so...

    He claimed miller. He was bound to be lynched; aside from that, I don't see how that has any relevance to now.

    You say that as if she could have done anything else that could have possibly stopped the lynch on her...which she couldn't have.

  9. #234
    CAPS KidBeano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    967
    Blog Entries
    3

    Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Super Smash Bros Mafia - 12/10 - Day 2: Disturbance in the Force

    Ok...

    Let's not jump to an "omg it's something different it must mean something" conclusion about the colour of the flavour text. The sensible thing to do is ignore it for now, and see what comes of the next nightkill - it may well be that SG has decided to colour each of the "___ was killed" statements in that maroon-y colour. If the next kill is town, and there's a different shade, then we can start to investigate.

    There's no reason to assume he didn't die - the colour of the flavour text really is grasping at straws.
    MORE CAPS

    ~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

  10. #235
    Elite Sniper FinalArcadia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Frelia
    Posts
    2,796
    Blog Entries
    55

    Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Super Smash Bros Mafia - 12/10 - Day 2: Disturbance in the Force

    I also feel like Baron Dante is really dead. The only way I see he couldn't be is if his ability/role somehow tied into the way stock battles work in SSB, and it gives him an extra life or something. However, I feel like that is a long-shot (and why stock battles of all battle types would get importance... it'd be strange), and would rather work off the assumption that he is dead and town is likely down a player rather than hoping he might mysteriously come back.

  11. #236
    The Moon HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Tomoeda
    Posts
    1,187
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: Super Smash Bros Mafia - 12/10 - Day 2: Disturbance in the Force

    Quote Originally Posted by Akuraito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    You didn't specify at all, and, honestly, it was Day 1. Who was she supposed to claim to? There was nobody who she could really even just claim to because she had a townread on them, since, again, it was Day 1. Asking her to claim so early on pretty much forces her to go in-thread with it.

    And that's really not the same situation; miller is hardly a valuable role to anyone town-aligned, so it can't really be considered a power role, meaning that it really isn't 'outing a power role', especially considering that the mafia would be absolute idiots to kill them unless they became a valid threat. A doublevoter, on the other hand, could seriously screw over the mafia in endgame if the numbers were tight enough, so they would probably killed soon enough; they're always a danger, unlike millers.

    In any case, you're looking the scummiest to me now, so I'll just VOTE: HumanDawn. Liable to change if something better comes up or whatever.

    i'm sorry if this post made no sense. x_x i'm really tired.
    well i'll be sure to be more clear

    That didn't stop Baron Dante from being lynched in that.

    oh dear god

    It was just a suggestion that she agreed to do. It's not as if I told her, CLAIM OR I'LL ENFORCE THIS LYNCH ON YOU!!! And I didn't tell her to claim to me specifically either.
    It wasn't a matter of clarity. It was that she didn't have any good options aside from claiming in-thread, so...

    He claimed miller. He was bound to be lynched; aside from that, I don't see how that has any relevance to now.

    You say that as if she could have done anything else that could have possibly stopped the lynch on her...which she couldn't have.
    Yeah, which she did of her own free will.

    That's not why it was relevant.

    god damn

    i was just trying to help ;_;

  12. #237

    Default Re: Super Smash Bros Mafia - 12/10 - Day 2: Disturbance in the Force

    I am really sorry for being so behind, but who claimed miller? I've looked and I'm missing who. ><

    you can smile again

  13. #238
    the bug catcher pokémon Buoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    olivine city, johto.
    Posts
    2,095
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: Super Smash Bros Mafia - 12/10 - Day 2: Disturbance in the Force

    Quote Originally Posted by Rio Kamishiro View Post
    I am really sorry for being so behind, but who claimed miller? I've looked and I'm missing who. ><
    um nobody

    human was just making crap analogies

  14. #239

    Default Re: Super Smash Bros Mafia - 12/10 - Day 2: Disturbance in the Force

    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio Kamishiro View Post
    I am really sorry for being so behind, but who claimed miller? I've looked and I'm missing who. ><
    um nobody

    human was just making crap analogies
    Oh.

    Well no wonder I was confused.

    Thanks.

    you can smile again

  15. #240
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    330
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Super Smash Bros Mafia - 12/10 - Day 2: Disturbance in the Force

    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    Yeah, which she did of her own free will.
    And the other option was just to let herself die. It's a no-brainer that you would claim outloud over that.

Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •