Mafia: Super Smash Bros Mafia - 12/21 - The End - Town Victory - Page 15

Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: Super Smash Bros Mafia - 12/21 - The End - Town Victory

Default Re: Super Smash Bros Mafia - 12/10 - Day 2: Disturbance in the Force

That's not really red text, it's more of a dark maroon. /pickyartist

I'd say that what it LOOKS like is Baron Dante's death, which has been swept up by the Janitor. He might not actually be dead, though. I don't think mafia would risk killing one of their own, so it's possible that he a) faked it, or b) he isn't mafia, but isn't town, either.

Blog Entries

So someone may or may not have died? And that person has an unknown role/alignment? I-I think I need to sit down and think this over @_@

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

If this is the work of a janitor, I don't really think it affects anything. We'd know that one of the mafia is likely a janitor, but otherwise, we'll be doing exactly what they want: stand around being confused. Since there's no way to learn anything about Baron Dante's alignment and ability now, moving on looks like the best option, and perhaps later we might be able to infer from other info what he was.

It looks like we're back to random voting.

Vote: Chaosj2

Let's get this party started, I guess?

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

Why do we have to go back to random voting, though? The day one discussions over Sputnik and the thoughts that followed seem to be full of info we could look through. Such as Elysion's independent double voter claim, which I am honestly not entirely sold on.

Speaking of...

Quote Originally Posted by Elysion
    Well, damn, there's a janitor.

And it'd be nice if some people could speak up, please. ^^;
    Considering that it's only now Day 2, why are you so quick to want people to speak up? If you meant to speak up for this phase, only one minute had passed since the update was posted, so that couldn't be it.

The quicker other people speak up, the easier it is for you to sneak by unnoticed, especially after having to out your claim in-thread?

追放されたバカ

Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    Why do we have to go back to random voting, though? The day one discussions over Sputnik and the thoughts that followed seem to be full of info we could look through. Such as Elysion's independent double voter claim, which I am honestly not entirely sold on.

Speaking of...

Quote Originally Posted by Elysion
    Well, damn, there's a janitor.

And it'd be nice if some people could speak up, please. ^^;
    Considering that it's only now Day 2, why are you so quick to want people to speak up? If you meant to speak up for this phase, only one minute had passed since the update was posted, so that couldn't be it.

The quicker other people speak up, the easier it is for you to sneak by unnoticed, especially after having to out your claim in-thread?
    No, that's not it. I just want other people to get into the discussion as well. Yeah, I realize its only day 2, but it would be nice to have other people's input as well, see how they think about the situation, including my claim.

This was also the reasoning behind my vote, which was not exactly random. I voted for someone I suspect, and would like to get more information from.

There are 21 players, but only 10 or so have posted at all since the first day phase ended. We know next to nothing.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    If this is the work of a janitor, I don't really think it affects anything.
    I think it does. Janitor is a Mafia-only role unless there is some vig janitor, but with only one death I doubt that. Now that they've used it on Baron Dante, they'll most likely use his role as a fakeclaim, so we'll have to be on our toes out for them. The question is though, why Baron Dante? Was it something he said?

Trying to think about the characters in SSBverse, it might not be that bad of an idea to think about how roles would be going for characters. Sure, nameclaiming is out, but being able to make educated guesses when roleclaims start coming in can help.

For example, this independent double voter claim. There are no other characters that work in pairs, but I can think of several characters that might be plausible, them being Olimar (Because you know, Pikmin. Theorethically possible for the Pikmin to count as a vote), R.O.B. (SSE had way too many ROBs forced to create and blow dem bombs, so it could work), Pokemon Trainer (3 Pokemon and whatnot), and last, Master Hand and Crazy Hand (Master Hand is likely to be in the game, while Crazy Hand alone is not). Obviously, this assumes multiple characters aren't assigned to a single role. I doubt that would happen, but...

Out of these, I can kinda see other roles for most of them, so in particular, I could imagine the MH/CH combo working. It would also make sense on the whole Independent thing.
    There's nothing I'd say is Nightkill bait here :/. Maybe Baron Dante PMed somebody secretly and hinted their claim?

Blog Entries

Open this for my reply to Human.

~*~

@Elysion; What is your win-condition, anyway?
    @Shadows; is correct about the whole FinalArcadia thing. She didn't claim double-voter. I assumed that she would have been the one that did. It fitted, okay? ;p It would have worked well if I'd predicted right, but there's nothing I can really do about misprediction now.

Anyway, a better question, perhaps, would be as to why Baron Dante was killed, assuming that he is, indeed, dead? (derp, Human just posed this question, but I was making a longer post, okay? ;<)

For now, though, I'm going to Vote: HumanDawn.

Read my reply to him (above) and this post for all my points on why. ^^
    Last edited by Buoy; 11th December 2012 at 06:13 AM.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    @Elysion; What is your win-condition, anyway?
    Be one of the 4 last players alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    Anyway, a better question, perhaps, would be as to why Baron Dante was killed, assuming that he is, indeed, dead? (derp, Human just posed this question, but I was making a longer post, okay? ;<)
    Well, the post outright said "Baron Dante was killed.". So I don't know where people are getting the idea that he isn't.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Laterose View Post
    It looks like we're back to random voting.

Vote: Chaosj2

Let's get this party started, I guess?
    Quote Originally Posted by Laterose View Post
    This was also the reasoning behind my vote, which was not exactly random. I voted for someone I suspect, and would like to get more information from.

There are 21 players, but only 10 or so have posted at all since the first day phase ended. We know next to nothing.
    Uhh, are you referring to Chaosj2? You said it was random voting, then in your next say it was because you suspect them. Could you please clarify?
    Last edited by HumanDawn; 11th December 2012 at 05:49 AM.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    Yes, I told her to claim, but not Outloud inthread. She could have done it in anyway she wanted, but she chose to say it outloud. I asked for any counterclaims quickly and got a counterclaim. What's so scummy about that? You did the same thing in the recent MLP:Mafia asking everybody with a mention to counterclaim Baron Dante when he claimed Miller outloud in thread. He wasn't counter claimed and yet you still lynched him. Heck, you were the one that enforced the lynch, while I didn't on this one. Talk about a shitty self double standard.
    You didn't specify at all, and, honestly, it was Day 1. Who was she supposed to claim to? There was nobody who she could really even just claim to because she had a townread on them, since, again, it was Day 1. Asking her to claim so early on pretty much forces her to go in-thread with it.

And that's really not the same situation; miller is hardly a valuable role to anyone town-aligned, so it can't really be considered a power role, meaning that it really isn't 'outing a power role', especially considering that the mafia would be absolute idiots to kill them unless they became a valid threat. A doublevoter, on the other hand, could seriously screw over the mafia in endgame if the numbers were tight enough, so they would probably killed soon enough; they're always a danger, unlike millers.

In any case, you're looking the scummiest to me now, so I'll just VOTE: HumanDawn. Liable to change if something better comes up or whatever.

i'm sorry if this post made no sense. x_x i'm really tired.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    Yes, I told her to claim, but not Outloud inthread. She could have done it in anyway she wanted, but she chose to say it outloud. I asked for any counterclaims quickly and got a counterclaim. What's so scummy about that? You did the same thing in the recent MLP:Mafia asking everybody with a mention to counterclaim Baron Dante when he claimed Miller outloud in thread. He wasn't counter claimed and yet you still lynched him. Heck, you were the one that enforced the lynch, while I didn't on this one. Talk about a shitty self double standard.
    You still made her out her role. It doesn't matter which way she did it, you were still making her claim her role, so the point still stands. Also, those situations are different -- you can't argue one situation with another that doesn't come close to being the same. Baron Dante claimed miller, yes, and I did ask for counter-claims -- that's pretty much all that's the same. Baron Dante and Sputnik, if you haven't noticed, are two completely different people, and these are two completely different games you're talking about. The context, as well as post content -- as well as a plethora of other factors that would take me forever to list -- are nowhere near the same, and so you can't compare my actions in that game to yours in this game. Talk about specious.

Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn
    Yes it would. If she changed it to be more careful on what she says, then other players wouldn't jump on her and ask her questions and mislynch her. Agreeing with somebody =/= buddying with them. Akuraito agreed with you, yet did you point it out? No.
    A strategy is not the same thing as a posting style, thank you. As well as that, it's true that agreeing =/= buddying, but, given the fact that your advice was completely insubstantial when things boil right down to it, you basically just were agreeing with Dark Blueberry for the sake of it on that point. Again, you're pointing out something else that's different about our situations -- Akuraito agreed with me, but she didn't do it in a way that was completely pointless, like you were doing with DB.

I'm pretty sure it's the same exact thing. If you remove the suspicion on you by protecting yourself... then... you ARE basically defending yourself.
    Not entirely.

I don't think I put any suspicion on Midorikawa. IIRC, she was the first to use the logic on Sputnik being scum for voting No Lynch, while I was merely joking. I'm not saying people should vote her because of it. It's just something to take note of and clarify. Then a bandwagon on Sputnik happened. And if they defend themselves badly then it's their fault.
    How is it their fault, especially in Sputnik's situation? She could hardly defend herself against charges like 'u got counterclaimed' and 'ur squirmy', could she? No.

You could say it's both sides' fault then.
    er no u couldnt

Part of it comes from her behavior and the other from those who lynched her. I didn't agree with the bandwagon on Sputnik because of it. As I said, I was merely joking and pointed out how amazed I was because of it. I agree that it was faulty reasoning to lynch her because for the first time ever she voted for a No Lynch in the first Day Phase, but then she claimed and then the counterclaim happened, giving more reason to those that voted to lynch her. Then the bandwagon became stronger.
    but it wasn't the first time ever. she even said that explicitly. this just shows ignorance, or perhaps ignorance you are feigning. i don't see how a counter-claim gives rise to a lynch in the case of double-voters, and since sputnik claimed being town, why would you listen to an independent over her? yea idts bb

nope

I just said you should ask these same questions to Midorikawa. I guess you're right on asking me them since it would bring in more information... It never hurts to ask, I guess. I'll keep that in mind to use in the future. And I don't know what strategy you're exactly talking about.
    No, you told me that "the person you should be asking here is Midorikawa". This turn of phrase explicitly states that Midorikawa is the person to ask, not a person to ask, and so you were telling me to ask her instead of you, so that point still stands.

Again, that wasn't my main reason why I thought Sputnik was scum. And I did think she was. My opinion. It was the counterclaim that made me think she was scum, making me think that her usual behavior this time really did mean that she was scum like in Bleach.
    Right, because, again, a counter-claim, especially with double-voters, and especially an 'independent' counter-claim, will mean that a double-voter claim who also claimed to be town is scum. Good thinking, batman. As well as that, you could have maybe said that earlier, instead of adding this on almost as an afterthought, as if trying to mollify me.

ALSO DAMMIT AKURAITO YOUR POST SHOWED UP WHILE I WAS WRITING THIS AND YOU NINJA'D ME CRIES
    Akuraito likes this.

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

So I just got on the computer other than the moment I popped on for the update.
    @Elysion; So I'm curious how you know what a janitor is. You're still pretty new to mafias and I've been in quite a few with you, but I've never seen a janitor role.

Also I forgot the mafia, but don't just assume janitor guys. In another mafia I was in someone died and came back to live, because they "faked" their death. I don't want to rule out that possibility because it could screw us over if Baron Dante is mafia. Last time people ignored things like flavor text and possible mafia abilities, town lost. Look at the GX mafia for the proof.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

@Midorikawa; o_O That's a possibility... though I've ever heard of that. Faking death? Is that really possible? Then shouldn't we vote for Baron just in case? It's still early in the game, so I think making a double-check could be better.

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    @Midorikawa; o_O That's a possibility... though I've ever heard of that. Faking death? Is that really possible? Then shouldn't we vote for Baron just in case? It's still early in the game, so I think making a double-check could be better.
    I never said vote for him. Just don't let your guard down. It happened before though I'd have to find the mafia. One of my earlier ones. Maybe the Kid Icarus one. I'll look for you guys as soon as I can, though today I'll be busy cleaning and will only be on randomly.

Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast