Mafia: Super Smash Bros Mafia - 12/21 - The End - Town Victory - Page 12

Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 754
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: Super Smash Bros Mafia - 12/21 - The End - Town Victory

  1. #166
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    332
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Super Smash Bros Mafia - 12/9 - Night 1: Winter Ends

    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    inb4 "ur so paranoid buoysel!!!1!1/1"
    I don't really think that you're being that paranoid at all; those are pretty valid points, actually.

  2. #167
    Seems legit Baron Dante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    365
    Blog Entries
    81

    Default Re: Super Smash Bros Mafia - 12/9 - Night 1: Winter Ends

    @Buoy; I'm a bit curious. First, you say this:

    I'll save you the trouble of outing her, however. The other claimed doublevoter is FinalArcadia.
    Not too long later, you say this:

    FinalArcadia, however, if she IS this mysterious independent, is suspicious for several reasons, in my eyes
    First you state FA being the doublevoter as a fact, later there's this curious "if" there. How come?

  3. #168
    noble roar Buoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    olivine city, johto.
    Posts
    2,105
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: Super Smash Bros Mafia - 12/9 - Night 1: Winter Ends

    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Dante View Post
    @Buoy; I'm a bit curious. First, you say this:

    I'll save you the trouble of outing her, however. The other claimed doublevoter is FinalArcadia.
    Not too long later, you say this:

    FinalArcadia, however, if she IS this mysterious independent, is suspicious for several reasons, in my eyes
    First you state FA being the doublevoter as a fact, later there's this curious "if" there. How come?
    i was being bold and daring ok

    it was intimidating tactics which would be effective if i was right

  4. #169
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Genderless
    Posts
    1,342

    Default Re: Super Smash Bros Mafia - 12/9 - Night 1: Winter Ends

    So I'm guessing FA claimed to you Buoy?

    And this dumb independent double-voter isn't FA - its me. There, I outed myself. I do know my not claiming in thread potentially caused myself, as well as two potentially innocent players(Midori and Human)to be suspects. But when did you find out about your double-voter Buoy? Was it during the day phase? Did they claim as town or independent? Or just double-voter?

    Its pretty possible that FrostyGaga decided to make multiples double-voter. Possibly. Maybe. If anything, FA may be double-voter, but the mafia one.

  5. #170
    CAPS KidBeano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    967
    Blog Entries
    3

    Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Super Smash Bros Mafia - 12/9 - Night 1: Winter Ends

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    And like I said... what was there to defend Sputnik on Day 1? She only had a double-voting claim. She had loads of votes on her by the time I came back to check the thread. What could someone possible do?
    Inversely, what was there to incriminate her? As far as I can tell, the only reasons people jumped on her was because she chose to vote No Lynch and people got that whole uppity "ew voting no lynch on day 1 is stupid" attitude. Where were the votes for me or Buoy, eh? Because obviously, we must be incriminated by it as well, unless all the voters are willing to admit the reasoning was flawed, and quite frankly, ridiculous?

    Voting no lynch forces the mafia to make the first move. Discussion Day 1 means that that will influence the mafia's kill decision, as they may try to frame someone, or may try to create some controversy. They might even have picked up a couple of accidental PR-tells, and so might act on them.

    But I have this discussion basically every game so please don't make me go any further.
    MORE CAPS

    ~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

  6. #171
    Future Seeker HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,100
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: Super Smash Bros Mafia - 12/9 - Night 1: Winter Ends

    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    a) Trying to out power roles on D1: the absolute epitome of innocence.
    I can't see how it's a scumtell. And I don't think I told Sputnik to claim outloud.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    b) You're not really the player you think you are to give out this sort of advice. Besides, in most cases, it's not as though one can deliberately stop being scummy -- you can't really tell someone to "stop being scummy" and then they'll do it.
    You misunderstood what I meant. I meant to say that in general she acts scummy. If she changed her strategy and playstyle a bit, then people wouldn't read her as scum and vote her. It might be a null read, but HELL, IT'S SOMETHING. She was Mafia in Bleach, meta meta meta and how she acted in there reminded me a lot of what she did here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    c) Yes, because deflecting suspicion and attention to somebody else is such a great strategy for a town player. Giving out THIS piece of advice looks like a bit of a scumtell to me.
    I don't see how it isn't. If you're a Town player and you're going to get lynched, you'd want to suggest alternatives and ideas to who could be Mafia. It's anti-Town to cause a mislynch on yourself. If you know you're Town, then you'd be careful to not sound like scum since it would be deteriminal to the Town. And these suggestions were only to help Sputnik. I didn't actually vote her when I thought I did. The person you should be asking here is Midorikawa. She was the one forcing the lynch the most. When Sputnik claimed outloud, I wanted to hear of a counterclaim. When she was counterclaimed, I thought I had more of a reason to vote for her, and considered the other possibilities of whether Elysion fakeclaimed to me or not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    All in all, what I gathered from this post is that you're either trying to out her role for no real reason other than people were bandwagoning her OR that you're trying to hit off a mislynch on her -- either way, you'd have knowledge of her role and a townie out of the way.
    I didn't want her to be mislynched. I had my doubts, that's why I enforced her. I may not be the best player, but I thought that it was a good reason. Day One or not. What is a real reason for you then?

    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    inb4 "ur so paranoid buoysel!!!1!1/1"
    You brought up some good points that are completely normal for you. So, I can't think that you're paranoid.

    yes you are!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    If this person is an independent, then why didn't you out her? It's not your concern as to whether this person fulfills her wincon or not, and it's not a town's job to keep an independent alive. By protecting them in this way, you're potentially shielding an anti-town player, whether you like it or not. Since they claimed independent, they are definitely either independent or mafia.
    I think the real question here is why she didn't in the first place? When she PMed me that she was the Double Voter, I assumed that she didn't want to be outed, so as to respect her choice and possibly use her as a potential ally to help get rid of Mafia assuming her claim is true, I didn't out her. It's her choice. That's what I thought and said. She could still be Mafia, but I can't be so sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    I'll save you the trouble of outing her, however. The other claimed doublevoter is FinalArcadia.

    doesn't take a genius to work that out tbh
    lolnope

    I asked EVERYONE in thread through a mention. Not personally.

  7. #172
    Prince of Renais FinalArcadia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Preparing for battle
    Posts
    2,744
    Blog Entries
    51

    Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Super Smash Bros Mafia - 12/9 - Night 1: Winter Ends

    @Buoy

    I never claimed independent, and I am also not a double voter. So I really do not know where you are getting that idea from.

    And also, unless I missed something, I do not recall anyone ever saying or hinting that the player who counterclaimed was female. You keep saying "her," but when had that ever been hinted to that?

    EDIT: Oh, so it's apparently Elysion. And I guess that justifies the "her" thing. Nevermind that part, then.

  8. #173
    I'll always remember you~
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    739
    Blog Entries
    79

    Default Re: Super Smash Bros Mafia - 12/9 - Night 1: Winter Ends

    ...Okay, I'm confused...

    When Human was asking for counter claims FinalArcadia specifically said

    Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    Not a double voter, but I will just go ahead and...

    VOTE: Sputnik
    Unless FinalArcadia was lying in thread (and that doesn't really make sense) she's not a double voter at all...
    So Buoy, what made you say it was FinalArcadia?

  9. #174
    Entertainment Duelist Momoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    my room
    Posts
    3,526

    Follow Momoka on Tumblr

    Default Re: Super Smash Bros Mafia - 12/9 - Night 1: Winter Ends

    So basically Buoy is claiming to say that FA for some odd reason went to him(despite there being no reason to do so) and claimed an independent double voter? That doesn't make any sense to me.

    all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

  10. #175
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Genderless
    Posts
    1,342

    Default Re: Super Smash Bros Mafia - 12/9 - Night 1: Winter Ends

    Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    @Buoy

    I never claimed independent, and I am also not a double voter. So I really do not know where you are getting that idea from.

    And also, unless I missed something, I do not recall anyone ever saying or hinting that the player who counterclaimed was female. You keep saying "her," but when had that ever been hinted to that?

    EDIT: Oh, so it's apparently Elysion. And I guess that justifies the "her" thing. Nevermind that part, then.
    Except I claimed in thread after Buoy said you were the double-voter...So unless Midori or Human told Buoy, he shouldn't have known the double-voter is a she. So Buoy got the "she" part right, but then why did he say it was you instead?

    Or maybe Buoy just wanted to sniff out the real one...

  11. #176
    Prince of Renais FinalArcadia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Preparing for battle
    Posts
    2,744
    Blog Entries
    51

    Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Super Smash Bros Mafia - 12/9 - Night 1: Winter Ends

    I'm guessing that he either just assumed that I would claim to Human and for some reason be the double voter, or that we would be working together... or he could think that would be the line of thinking others would use and thus use it against me in an effort to cast suspicion on me. Which, honestly, would be very risky and full of holes as far as plans go. So I'm not really sure where he got it from.

    You could be right, it could be that he was indeed trying to get the counterclaimer to out their self and see how they'd react to somebody else being thought to be the double voter.

  12. #177
    CAPS KidBeano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    967
    Blog Entries
    3

    Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Super Smash Bros Mafia - 12/9 - Night 1: Winter Ends

    I think Buoy was just getting a little cocky and, like he said, wanted to be bold and predict well, but it backfired upon him.
    MORE CAPS

    ~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

  13. #178
    How puzzling! Protopost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    356
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Super Smash Bros Mafia - 12/9 - Night 1: Winter Ends

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    Why were you worried about that being thought. There's no reason to think that unless you're say mafia afraid of getting called out on day one things like what happened to some of them in the Bleach mafia which you just stated yourself you were in.
    I never said I was in, I said I read through it since it was made by Jokool and I wanted to see how it went. As for why I'm worried of being thought of as mafia, isn't everyone worried about that? Can you honestly tell me that there is a town player who wants to be called mafia? Especially in later game where every lynch matters and a mislynch could easily cost the game. That, and I'm also a very paranoid person :P

  14. #179
    noble roar Buoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    olivine city, johto.
    Posts
    2,105
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: Super Smash Bros Mafia - 12/9 - Night 1: Winter Ends

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadows View Post
    ...Okay, I'm confused...

    When Human was asking for counter claims FinalArcadia specifically said

    Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    Not a double voter, but I will just go ahead and...

    VOTE: Sputnik
    Unless FinalArcadia was lying in thread (and that doesn't really make sense) she's not a double voter at all...
    So Buoy, what made you say it was FinalArcadia?
    it was basically her going "I'M NOT A DOUBLEVOTER" and also because she claimed to human early on; saying that you're not something is a good indicator towards letting other people know that you actually are this, and her + human is an obvious thing.

    what i said about finalarcadia still applies, except to elysion, if finalarcadia is telling the truth. i made an assumption that it was FA based on the reasoning i just gave, and i apologise for the false accusation, but just transfer all of my finalarcadia stuff to elysion and there you have it still.

    @KidBeano; i'm hurt. i wanted to try scare tactics to see how the accused would respond, but i predicted wrongly. :<

    @Human; i'll respond to u in a bit. i'm very tired rn

  15. #180
    Entertainment Duelist Momoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    my room
    Posts
    3,526

    Follow Momoka on Tumblr

    Default Re: Super Smash Bros Mafia - 12/9 - Night 1: Winter Ends

    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy
    it was basically her going "I'M NOT A DOUBLEVOTER"
    Didn't she already say that outloud in thread? Why would she bother to PM you about it? If that's what you're saying.

    all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •