Mafia: Super Smash Bros Mafia - 12/21 - The End - Town Victory - Page 11

Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: Super Smash Bros Mafia - 12/21 - The End - Town Victory

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

@Midorikawa;
    By the time I came back to see how the votes were going, Sputnik already had too many votes on her for anyone to save her - even herself. And all she had was a double-voter claim. Nobody could've defended her when it was only Day 1

Default Re: Super Smash Bros Mafia - 12/9 - Night 1: Winter Ends

Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    So you voted her because she's squirmy? That's a legit reason, let me just walk away. Not. You point to something that looks like a joke as your reason and don't give a real one. That's scummy, just jumping on the bandwagon early for no reason.
    I voted her because she was acting suspicious and a bit erratic (more than usual?). That's what "squirmy" meant. I wasn't jumping on a bandwagon.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

She was squirming more than usual, if anything. I'm thinking of outing the Independent's claim... They could Mafia trying to pull a strategy...

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Super Smash Bros Mafia - 12/7 - Day 1 : Warning

Quote Originally Posted by Akuraito View Post
    argued against sputnik

didn't vote her

???

UNVOTE: Rio Kamishiro

VOTE: Sputnik
    Pay better attention Akuraito
    You have no idea how much of a scatterbrain I can be, LOL.
    Midorikawa likes this.

Blog Entries

Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

Ok, a couple of things:

a) The counterclaimer should have claimed out loud. You all bandwagoned on the possibility that Human was actually telling the truth about receiving a counterclaim, when really, he could've been making the whole thing up. So, yes Human, out this counterclaim now.
    b) "I vote Sputnik because I didn't believe there would be two Doublevoters" Then the smart thing to do would have been for the two claimers to vote each other (which obviously would have required the counterclaimer to claim in public). Obviously, in retrospect, this would've been a bad idea because of Sputnik's vote-reducing ability, but at the time, there was no reason not to do that.
    c) Stop claiming to someone randomly on Day 1. If you have a pre-arranged alliance fine, but don't just go "Hey I just met you and this is crazy, but here's my claim, so ally with me maybe?". Because that's just silly.
    MORE CAPS

~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

@KidBeano; @HumanDawn; I know the indep too, being I weeded our their alignment during day one. Also what would them voting Sputnik, since you assume they didn't, done other than more votes than Sputnik could counter? There's no vote count so it wouldn't have proved anything.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

You all bandwagoned on the possibility that Human was actually telling the truth about receiving a counterclaim, when really, he could've been making the whole thing up.
    But there would be absolutely no reason to lie about receiving a doublevoter counterclaim. Maybe faking a doctor/cop/whatever counterclaim later in the game in an attempt to get the real one lynched, but in this scenario? There's little to no benefit, especially considering that Sputnik probably would have been lynched even without it; it's logical to assume that he was telling the truth.

Though you definitely do have a point with the doublevoters voting each other thing. ><; Should've thought of that.

Blog Entries

@Akuraito; What would them voting each other have done? There was already a lot of votes on Sputnik, and I had no plans on taking mine off. The double vote of the indep will be useful later on and unless the mafia wants to waste a night kill, then I doubt that they'll be targeted. Knowing who they are and their win condition, I highly doubt they're faking it. All they have to do is sit back and watch the game and hope we and the mafia widdle each other down to a close game to where only four plus the indep are left at the end.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I meant only them voting each other; had Sputnik been simply a double voter, it would have proven if either of them were fakeclaiming, and if one was, they would have died. Win/win situation.

Blog Entries

@Akuraito; You forget Sputnik's second ability that she hid from us

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Akuraito View Post
    had Sputnik been simply a double voter,

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    Sputnik isn't a fairy. Ely is though. She's mine though so no one can have her.

Anyways. @Sputnik; You have three votes on you and are going to be lynched. Defense?
    It's day 1. How does one go about defending themselves when just about nothing has happened?
    There are some things you could do actually.

A) Claim.
    B) Not be so gosh darn scummy.
    C) Try to give the attention to somebody else so others might agree and vote them. (rather weak in Day One, but look at what we got from you :P)
    a) Trying to out power roles on D1: the absolute epitome of innocence.
    b) You're not really the player you think you are to give out this sort of advice. Besides, in most cases, it's not as though one can deliberately stop being scummy -- you can't really tell someone to "stop being scummy" and then they'll do it.
    c) Yes, because deflecting suspicion and attention to somebody else is such a great strategy for a town player. Giving out THIS piece of advice looks like a bit of a scumtell to me.

All in all, what I gathered from this post is that you're either trying to out her role for no real reason other than people were bandwagoning her OR that you're trying to hit off a mislynch on her -- either way, you'd have knowledge of her role and a townie out of the way.

inb4 "ur so paranoid buoysel!!!1!1/1"

Somebody already PMed me saying that they're the Double Voter.

This is what I PMed the person that claimed Double Voter to me:

There's the possibility that you're Mafia, but then it would be extremely risky to pull such a thing off since it guarantees a lynch on you. Then there's also how you could be the fool... and how that there MAY BE two Town Double Voters like in the IT Crowd Mafia, but I'll take it. It's our best bet.
    Since Sputnik has been counterclaimed, I would expect others to vote her now but...

Then this is what they told me:

I'll go ahead and say it: I am not town. I'm an independent
    ... Which does make me a bit hesitant, since a Town Double Voter and an Independent Double Voter is likely. They also claimed to need to be one of the last 4 players standing to win, which does fit with the theme of the game this Mafia is based on.
    If this person is an independent, then why didn't you out her? It's not your concern as to whether this person fulfills her wincon or not, and it's not a town's job to keep an independent alive. By protecting them in this way, you're potentially shielding an anti-town player, whether you like it or not. Since they claimed independent, they are definitely either independent or mafia.

I'll save you the trouble of outing her, however. The other claimed doublevoter is FinalArcadia.

doesn't take a genius to work that out tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Rio Kamishiro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryoga Kamishiro View Post
    I suppose at this point there isn't a whole lot she can do, besides claim her role.
    She already claimed though.
    I know. I was just saying that was all she could have really done.
    No. You said 'all she CAN do'. That's different than what she 'could do' or what she 'could have done'. I'd suggest making yourself more clear, as contradicting yourself won't get you many places in a hurry.

Hmm... so she was telling the truth after all. What of that independent double voter then? I wonder if they are also telling the truth.
    slight scumread here (just noting it, not of that much import for now)

Okay so I know who the indep is as I annoyed them previously, and they said they plan on working with the town so it would waste a day phase going after them. We should look at some of the bandwagon jumpers.
    yeah, because simply going on the word of this person will do us wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by Laterose View Post
    Wow, that phase change caught me off-guard.

It's the same debate, every. Single. Time. XD

Unvote: Ryoga Kamishiro

Vote: Sputnik

Because I DO believe in fairies day one lynches, and you're being so squirmy!
    So what was your reason for voting Sputnik
    You just quoted my reason for voting Sputnik. I didn't have anything else.

I have a FoS on a few people now because of that bandwagon, though. Ryoga Kamishiro, Chaosj2, and Master Mew stand out to me most.
    Would you like to explain why, or was it just because these people bandwagoned an innocent?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    Right, that was NOT an epic way to start this game ;_; Sputnik is always scummy, but did we really have to lynch her? I mean, yeah - lynching somebody might be better than a no lynch... but this was... ;_;
    way to overreact to somebody you seemingly did not have links with. looks like "scum trying to appear town by excessively mourning for no real reason" to me.

By the time I came back to see how the votes were going, Sputnik already had too many votes on her for anyone to save her - even herself. And all she had was a double-voter claim. Nobody could've defended her when it was only Day 1
    okay, but yet you are so OVERWHELMED by her death? if you truly believed she was town, why DIDN'T you defend her? to avoid looking like scum? i hate to repeat myself game after game, and i'm sure you (or at least most people) can see where i'm going with this.

So you voted her because she's squirmy? That's a legit reason, let me just walk away. Not. You point to something that looks like a joke as your reason and don't give a real one. That's scummy, just jumping on the bandwagon early for no reason.
    I voted her because she was acting suspicious and a bit erratic (more than usual?). That's what "squirmy" meant. I wasn't jumping on a bandwagon.
    acting suspicious and erratic is what sputnik does. keep it in mind if you're playing with her in other games.

She was squirming more than usual, if anything. I'm thinking of outing the Independent's claim... They could Mafia trying to pull a strategy...
    Trying to justify lynching her with reasoning that we both know isn't true. Also, please do out the independent in case I'm wrong, although I'm pretty sure I'm not. /shrug

Okay, my main FoSes right now belong to Human, FinalArcadia and Rio Kamishiro. I've already pointed out both Human and Rio Kamishiro above, although I don't have AS strong a case against Rio, but I am getting scumreads from her. FinalArcadia, however, if she IS this mysterious independent, is suspicious for several reasons, in my eyes: she was in contact with Human early, and appearing to have links early on in the game is pretty scummy, although it can be offset if there is a pre-arranged or random thing going on, which is still scummy -- and not only that; it's dumb, too. She claimed independent, so, either way, she still has a very good chance of being anti-town. The fact that Human is stubbornly not outing her in spite of her independent claim and the situation occurring right now also adds to this -- if one or both is scum, then not outing an ally is a simple strategy to not draw attention to them, while still being able to work through this informant to achieve whatever they want, such as this mislynch. As well as that, an independent double voter? Really? You may as well have painted a sign on your head and danced around naked on Trafalgar Square while screaming, "I'M MAFIA!" What real use does a double-vote have for an independent? It sounds like a severe case of claiming your real role with a different alignment, but it's still really obvious. I could be wrong, so I'd suggest outing your wincon to see if that clears it up.

vroom

Blog Entries

Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

@Akuraito; You forget Sputnik's second ability that she hid from us
    That's why I said "in retrospect". We didn't know that at the time, so you can't use it as a reasoning as to why you didn't do it.
    Akuraito likes this.
    MORE CAPS

~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

@Buoy;

I'm curious though... does EVERYBODY look scummy to you?

And like I said... what was there to defend Sputnik on Day 1? She only had a double-voting claim. She had loads of votes on her by the time I came back to check the thread. What could someone possible do?

Blog Entries

@Buoy;

I'm curious though... does EVERYBODY look scummy to you?

And like I said... what was there to defend Sputnik on Day 1? She only had a double-voting claim. She had loads of votes on her by the time I came back to check the thread. What could someone possible do?
    well you should have clarified as to whether you COULDN'T defend because there was nothing to defend her about or because you didn't want to be seen defending her... there's a difference

edit: oh, and, no, not everybody looks scummy to me. i actually have town reads on two or three people atm.

Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast