Mafia: Super Paper Mario Mafia - The End of All Worlds - The Dark Prognostics Prevails! - Page 29
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: Super Paper Mario Mafia - The End of All Worlds - The Dark Prognostics Prevails!

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Super Paper Mario Mafia - The End of All Worlds - The Dark Prognostics Prevails!

Quote Originally Posted by Leggo View Post
    It was so-so. Godfather being rolecop was kind of OP imo.
    We didn't have a Godfather,

Only roles we had/used were

Rolecop
    Framer
    Strongman (wasted)
    Converter (never used)

MAXIMUM POWER!! UltimateMaximus's Avatar

Default Re: Super Paper Mario Mafia - The End of All Worlds - The Dark Prognostics Prevails!

Congrats to the mafia, you guys did pretty good. Only one of your guys got lynched. That was overall a fun experience, makes me want to pick up and play my Paper Mario game again. Now onto the questions:

1: Yes, very much actually. I did want the town to win obviously, but the mafia dominated us.
    2: You were a very good host, I think the game went pretty smoothly.
    3: I liked having a QT and not be mafia.
    4: The mafia were a bit OP in my opinion.
    5: I would very much like to play one of your games in the future.
    "Those who forget the past, are condemned to repeat it."

Good game, congrats mafia! *handshake*
    Quote Originally Posted by Solayoh View Post
    A2: I think you were a great host, there was a minor slip up when you initially told us if we converted someone they'd keep their role, and we built a strategy on this (hence why I was so keen to save @sharkshocker; we wanted his doublevote) and I personally went to great risk trying to save him, for nothing. But apart from this, everything was perfect.
    You should have just told me you were gonna convert me XD

1: I enjoyed the game, there were always things on the table to discuss and it did make for some interesting developments. I was in agreement of the "lynch the unconfirmed" plan (a bit bloody and methodical but it could work out) but it had landed on me, understandable why I couldn't really mount a defense against it. @_@
    2: I liked the minimal flavor text on updates as character claims can help deduce alliances. I think you did well, you addressed game questions pretty quickly and updates were on-time. :)
    3: I haven't had much practice with doublevoter so this was a helpful experience since it helped me learn its mechanics, i.e. I did want to throw my vote for Zenax when it was between him and Yato but the votes were 3-5 for Yato and it would have just caused a tie.
    4: I think it was a good balance, mafia did have some camouflage abilities (tailor & converter) but they activated on death so it evens out. Town had some backup abilities (Zexy and Peeko) to make up for that as well so I'd say it was fine.
    5: Sure thing! :)

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

1: How much did you enjoy the game? If at all?

It was very enjoyable, I love being Mafia, especially when I manage to fool a good amount of people and my strategies and hunches work out. There's also the luck factor, I didn't think sharkshocker would be lynched but me defending him a bit on Skype when Phoenicks asked me must have been a good nudge to get him lynched.

2: How was I has a host? What did I do well at? What could I work on?

You were a cool host. Everything was cool. You were cool. I don't really know, like sharkshocker pointed out the simple FT proved to be effective too.

3: Did you enjoy your roles?

I came in this game as a goon, so unfortunately it didn't prove to be useful, but I made that up by being useful privately, talking with Zexy and Phoenicks a lot.

4: Did you think the roles were well balanced?

I'd have made a Town Vigilante but other than that it was balanced, there were many roles that would auto clear you if you prove/claim them in the Town's side, and the Mafia had no Godfather or Roleblocker, and with no Roleblocker the Back Up Cop managed to get two guilty checks. If Zexy checked Solayoh first that would have been quite a problem.

5: Would you play another one of my games in the future?

That depends but of course if it's interesting!

Blog Entries

Questions:
    1: How much did you enjoy the game? If at all?

I really enjoyed it! I only wish I had survived longer than I did. But I stepped too far out of my metaplay so it's no surprise why I was RoleCop'd on Night 1.

2: How was I has a host? What did I do well at? What could I work on?

You were great. Every update was timely and the theme of the game was a lot of fun. My only concern was the balance of the roles. I won't go in depth, but a Converter in the game with an already 1:4 Mafia:Town ratio definitely leaned the game in the favor of the former.

3: Did you enjoy your roles?

Yeah! Cop is always a lot of fun to play, and the FT was great.

Like I said above, I feel that retrospectively they were not. However, in my immediate play, for the time I was alive, it would't have made a difference. A lot of unique roles, though, I can definitely say that? Thanks @Peeko; for the extended life.

5: Would you play another one of my games in the future?

Absolutely!

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post

Like I said above, I feel that retrospectively they were not. However, in my immediate play, for the time I was alive, it would't have made a difference.
    I'm really unsure how you can say that, the mafia won only using 2 abilities, our strongman was wasted and we never used the converter but everyone is saying how it was overpowered that we had one, but there would have been no difference in gameplay whatsoever if Flaze/Rabbit was a simple Vanilla, apart from the penultimate day I would not have spent so much effort trying to save Sharkshocker.

Blog Entries

Like I said above, I feel that retrospectively they were not. However, in my immediate play, for the time I was alive, it would't have made a difference.
    I'm really unsure how you can say that, the mafia won only using 2 abilities, our strongman was wasted and we never used the converter but everyone is saying how it was overpowered that we had one, but there would have been no difference in gameplay whatsoever if Flaze/Rabbit was a simple Vanilla, apart from the penultimate day I would not have spent so much effort trying to save Sharkshocker.
    But the possibility of being able to convert a player so late in the game is always dangerous for Town. Albeit, the Mafia's Converter ability was fairly restricted. Most Converters can convert a player once any other Mafioso had been killed. If I remember correctly, this Converter could only convert another player once he himself had been killed. So, yes, it's not quite as unbalanced as I had originally thought. But I'm still not a fan of a Converter in most games. It makes it so difficult for the Town to trust anyone (most specifically the Cop, it nullifies all past cleared players, making his work essentially useless).

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Even if the other abilities weren't used it still was there, a conversion in late game would have just made the Town rely mostly on luck to win. The Town were really lucky with having 2 successful Doctor protections and unlucky having lynched the Beloved Princess. Setra probably had in mind that it would just more likely be killed in the night for there to be another Day Phase for the Town to lynch in. Regardless we were incredibly lucky with the lynch on sharkshocker which ensured our victory, we'd have had a harder time otherwise.

Where the Shadows lie Phoenicks's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    Even if the other abilities weren't used it still was there, a conversion in late game would have just made the Town rely mostly on luck to win. The Town were really lucky with having 2 successful Doctor protections and unlucky having lynched the Beloved Princess. Setra probably had in mind that it would just more likely be killed in the night for there to be another Day Phase for the Town to lynch in. Regardless we were incredibly lucky with the lynch on sharkshocker which ensured our victory, we'd have had a harder time otherwise.
    Conversion was essentially guaranteed, since the only situations in which it wouldn't go off involve converter never dying. That's 5/16 players for mafia. There were two cops, but odds were high we'd target Mimi (and assume insane cop, which happened) or hit Nastasia (and then everyone's untrustworthy again). Plus, with rolecop you had more information about town than any townies you'd try to trick.

We had to use all our abilities and still lost; you didn't have to use all yours. That's an indication of who was more powerful.

Strongman is never wasted because the night you use him you know you'll get your kill. (On that night you might've picked a worse target for fear of doctor.)

It's a bit pointless to talk about the rest of the setup though, since the crucial moment was Zenax flipping as town. If that hadn't've happened, we would've lynched Solayoh immediately, and then had 2 scum left instead of an assumed 4. (That's ignoring that I chose not to lynch Human when I thought he was scum on the grounds that town could lynch later, which wouldn't've happened if we'd seen scum flip.)
    "The inward skies of man will accompany him across any void upon which he ventures and will be with him to the end of time." -- Loren Eiseley

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post
    We had to use all our abilities and still lost; you didn't have to use all yours. That's an indication of who was more powerful.
    Not really, during the entire game we only managed to kill 4 people, the other 6 were all down to town, and I personally don't feel I had much influence in the town, apart from Tychiel at the very end, nothing we'd said had really led to anyone being lynched who wouldn't otherwise. Maybe, you can say you would have lynched me instead of sharkshocker if Zenax hadn't flipped town.

Strongman is never wasted because the night you use him you know you'll get your kill. (On that night you might've picked a worse target for fear of doctor.)
    I see what you're saying, it just felt like a waste at the time because it seemed as though the doctor hadn't tried to protect beck when we strongman'd him, and the fact that we rolechecked Zexy the same night, so after using our most powerful move to try and remove the cop, we realised that actually, a cop was still going to be around, and checking one of us, (me) it just felt like a real mistake. Especially later on when we found out Rabbit was the doctor, and we were torn that evening whether to strongman rabbit or Beck.

Where the Shadows lie Phoenicks's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Not really, during the entire game we only managed to kill 4 people, the other 6 were all down to town, and I personally don't feel I had much influence in the town, apart from Tychiel at the very end, nothing we'd said had really led to anyone being lynched who wouldn't otherwise. Maybe, you can say you would have lynched me instead of sharkshocker if Zenax hadn't flipped town.
    Well, we had a guilty on you after a guilty on Zenax, and Zexy had vaguely trusted my miller claim, so in the world of hypotheticals, lynching you after Zenax is a minor one. Yeah, we mostly lynched ourselves, but that's a separate story.

and we were torn that evening whether to strongman rabbit or Beck.
    This is a dilemma of power.

Anyways, it was a fun game, so I'm not complaining. Congrats!
    "The inward skies of man will accompany him across any void upon which he ventures and will be with him to the end of time." -- Loren Eiseley

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post

Anyways, it was a fun game, so I'm not complaining. Congrats!
    Agreed, you were a worthy adversary. I've sent friend requests to you all, and I'm hoping you will all accept them, and also I hope to run a Mafia game soon, Setra you have inspired me, I just hope it can be half as good as yours, and I hope as many of you sign up as possible.

This will be my final post in this thread, so just want to repeat again.

Thank you @Setra; for organising.
    Thank you @Zenax; @Flaze; @HumanDawn; @Rabbit; for being great team mates.

And thank you everyone else for making this game so much fun, I don't have a bad word to say about any most of you. ;)

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829