Mafia: Super-Effective Mafia II | ENDGAME. Mafia victory! [06/10/12] - Page 9

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 294
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Super-Effective Mafia II | ENDGAME. Mafia victory! [06/10/12]

  1. #121
    noble roar Buoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    olivine city, johto.
    Posts
    2,105
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: Super-Effective Mafia II | Day 2: The First Step is Murder. [18/09/12]

    A loud voice booms across the Vale (omFG):



    ***
    NOTE: I AM CREATING A SECTION IN THE SECOND POST OF THIS THREAD FOR ALL MESSAGES OF THIS NATURE. PLEASE REFER TO THAT SECTION OF THE POST FOR ALL MESSAGES OF THIS NATURE FROM NOW ON, AS IT'S LIKELY TO BE UPDATED FREQUENTLY.
    ***
    Last edited by Buoy; 19th September 2012 at 10:50 AM.

  2. #122
    So what's your wish? Yato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    6,670
    Blog Entries
    435

    Follow Yato on Tumblr

    Default Re: Super-Effective Mafia II | Night 1: Anti-Hugs. [17/09/12]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka View Post
    There are seventeen types and twenty players at the start, so there would be types overlapping among players; possibly even in the same alignment. I don't think types decide what team each Pokemon would belong to, in the first place.
    ^ @Mijzelffan; @Synthesis;

  3. #123
    Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,302
    Blog Entries
    315
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

    Default Re: Super-Effective Mafia II | Day 2: The First Step is Murder. [18/09/12]

    Of course Mintaka would say that, she's part of one of the type triangles. No, I'm pretty convinced that in both of them at least one person is mafia.


  4. #124
    noble roar Buoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    olivine city, johto.
    Posts
    2,105
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: Super-Effective Mafia II | Day 2: The First Step is Murder. [18/09/12]

    Clarification of RULE #1, because some people just don't get it: NOTHING -- and, I repeat, NOTHING -- outside of a role's ability (cop, doctor, etc.) is allowed to be claimed. This INCLUDES quoting or paraphrasing a Role PM (be it real or fake) or hinting remotely at your role's name. If I see another person breaking this rule in any way, no warnings will be given.


  5. #125
    So what's your wish? Yato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    6,670
    Blog Entries
    435

    Follow Yato on Tumblr

    Default Re: Super-Effective Mafia II | Day 2: The First Step is Murder. [18/09/12]

    Well, I think Mintaka's reasoning is more or less a solid evidence and a fact. It's...obvious, no?

    Then again, this wouldn't be called Super-Effective Mafia without the types having something to do with anything...

  6. #126
    Hitomi's Bulbahusband Mr. Fahrenheit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    85
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default Re: Super-Effective Mafia II | Day 2: The First Step is Murder. [18/09/12]

    Mijz are you convinced of that because you are mafia?

  7. #127
    Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Seafoam Islands
    Posts
    1,048
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Super-Effective Mafia II | Day 2: The First Step is Murder. [18/09/12]

    I'm not totally sure we should be going off types either, to be honest... That'd make it a bit easy to catch the mafia, wouldn't you all think? I'm at a loss on who to vote for, though.

  8. #128
    Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,302
    Blog Entries
    315
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

    Default Re: Super-Effective Mafia II | Day 2: The First Step is Murder. [18/09/12]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fahrenheit View Post
    Mijz are you convinced of that because you are mafia?
    Allright, let me break this down for you from your point of view:

    Sceneario 1, I am mafia. My answer: no.

    Scenario 2, I am innocent. My answer: no.

    Scenario 3, I am independant. My answer: no.

    Situation 4, I am fool. My answer: no, because it would be obvious I'd be the fool if I said yes.

    What are you trying to accomplish by asking someone if they are mafia? Do you actually expect anyone to answer yes to that? Because no one bar maybe a fool will. It accomplishes literally nothing to ask that.


    Anyway, I find it pretty notable that you seem to be against going on type because you share a type yourself. Like you just want it disproven because you don't want it turning on you (wether you actually are mafia or not).


    Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    I'm not totally sure we should be going off types either, to be honest... That'd make it a bit easy to catch the mafia, wouldn't you all think? I'm at a loss on who to vote for, though.
    Aside from the double-dragon thing it mostly worked last game.


  9. #129
    Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Seafoam Islands
    Posts
    1,048
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Super-Effective Mafia II | Day 2: The First Step is Murder. [18/09/12]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Aside from the double-dragon thing it mostly worked last game.
    Fine. I guess it's better than just twiddling our thumbs.

    Vote: jda95
    @jda95; Defense?

  10. #130
    Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Bath, England
    Posts
    2,364
    Blog Entries
    175

    Follow Froakie on Tumblr

    Default Re: Super-Effective Mafia II | Day 2: The First Step is Murder. [18/09/12]

    How can jda95 even provide a defense to a bandwagon going off nothing but the fact he shares types. You're probably not going to get him to roleclaim or anything. Not that I'm defending him but I think this whole going off types thing is silly. I could easily vote for the other person who shares my type and just use the excuse 'I know I'm innocent, therefore this person is probably mafia'. But that's really not a credible reason to vote in my opinion.

  11. #131
    ._. Synthesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    8,128
    Blog Entries
    226

    Default Re: Super-Effective Mafia II | Day 2: The First Step is Murder. [18/09/12]

    Quote Originally Posted by Croag View Post
    ... What, lol. We've already seen that going for one of the grass people was not a good idea, why vote for me for that?
    It seems to me, and possibly others, that overlapping typing is a good way to scum-hunt here. It doesn't necessarily mean any of you are mafia, but it's a much better probability than picking someone at random. The fact that you jumped in to derail Mijz' thought process before he could explain himself also didn't help.

  12. #132
    SHSL Gambler CrackFox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,341
    Blog Entries
    114

    Default Re: Super-Effective Mafia II | Day 2: The First Step is Murder. [18/09/12]

    Mkay, doesn't look like i'm going to get a response before phase end.

    Vote: Belarus


    Behavior of the person is surely going to be more informative than the person's Pokemon type.

  13. #133
    shsl music club member Catspring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    862
    Blog Entries
    8
    Add Catspring on Facebook
    Follow Catspring on Tumblr

    Default Re: Super-Effective Mafia II | Day 2: The First Step is Murder. [18/09/12]

    Honestly, doubling up on types shouldn't make someone seem suspicious. There are seventeen Pokemon types and twentysome players, so we're bound to get some Pokemon with a common type, even if it's not their only type.

  14. #134
    Seems legit Baron Dante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    365
    Blog Entries
    81

    Default Re: Super-Effective Mafia II | Day 2: The First Step is Murder. [18/09/12]

    I agree it's a bit stupid to go after people according to type now that one of the two most obvious choices was tried and shown to not work. (Unless you think I'm Mafia here, but it'd be a bit stupid for me to be the only one to vote in a circumstance where some people would doubt me if I was wrong) Also, you could consider the fact that type claiming was not prevented by the rules. Obviously typeclaims would come up sooner or later, so when a game would be make, you don't make the Mafia fill the same types.

  15. #135
    Sometimes Quiet Joltik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    America
    Posts
    2,611
    Blog Entries
    63

    Default Re: Super-Effective Mafia II | Day 2: The First Step is Murder. [18/09/12]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    Then again, this wouldn't be called Super-Effective Mafia without the types having something to do with anything...
    The types have to do with voting, Like if you're a fire type and you vote for a grass type, your vote is doubled.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •