Mafia: Super-Effective Mafia II | ENDGAME. Mafia victory! [06/10/12] - Page 9

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Super-Effective Mafia II | ENDGAME. Mafia victory! [06/10/12]

Blog Entries

Default Re: Super-Effective Mafia II | Day 2: The First Step is Murder. [18/09/12]

A loud voice booms across the Vale (omFG):

NOTE: I AM CREATING A SECTION IN THE SECOND POST OF THIS THREAD FOR ALL MESSAGES OF THIS NATURE. PLEASE REFER TO THAT SECTION OF THE POST FOR ALL MESSAGES OF THIS NATURE FROM NOW ON, AS IT'S LIKELY TO BE UPDATED FREQUENTLY.
    Last edited by Buoy; 19th September 2012 at 10:50 AM.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Re: Super-Effective Mafia II | Night 1: Anti-Hugs. [17/09/12]

Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka View Post
    There are seventeen types and twenty players at the start, so there would be types overlapping among players; possibly even in the same alignment. I don't think types decide what team each Pokemon would belong to, in the first place.
    ^ @Mijzelffan; @Synthesis;

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

Default Re: Super-Effective Mafia II | Day 2: The First Step is Murder. [18/09/12]

Of course Mintaka would say that, she's part of one of the type triangles. No, I'm pretty convinced that in both of them at least one person is mafia.

Blog Entries

Clarification of RULE #1, because some people just don't get it: NOTHING -- and, I repeat, NOTHING -- outside of a role's ability (cop, doctor, etc.) is allowed to be claimed. This INCLUDES quoting or paraphrasing a Role PM (be it real or fake) or hinting remotely at your role's name. If I see another person breaking this rule in any way, no warnings will be given.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Well, I think Mintaka's reasoning is more or less a solid evidence and a fact. It's...obvious, no?

Then again, this wouldn't be called Super-Effective Mafia without the types having something to do with anything...

Hitomi's Bulbahusband Mr. Fahrenheit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Mijz are you convinced of that because you are mafia?

Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm not totally sure we should be going off types either, to be honest... That'd make it a bit easy to catch the mafia, wouldn't you all think? I'm at a loss on who to vote for, though.

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fahrenheit View Post
    Mijz are you convinced of that because you are mafia?
    Allright, let me break this down for you from your point of view:

Sceneario 1, I am mafia. My answer: no.

Scenario 2, I am innocent. My answer: no.

Scenario 3, I am independant. My answer: no.

Situation 4, I am fool. My answer: no, because it would be obvious I'd be the fool if I said yes.

What are you trying to accomplish by asking someone if they are mafia? Do you actually expect anyone to answer yes to that? Because no one bar maybe a fool will. It accomplishes literally nothing to ask that.

Anyway, I find it pretty notable that you seem to be against going on type because you share a type yourself. Like you just want it disproven because you don't want it turning on you (wether you actually are mafia or not).

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    I'm not totally sure we should be going off types either, to be honest... That'd make it a bit easy to catch the mafia, wouldn't you all think? I'm at a loss on who to vote for, though.
    Aside from the double-dragon thing it mostly worked last game.

Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Aside from the double-dragon thing it mostly worked last game.
    Fine. I guess it's better than just twiddling our thumbs.

Vote: jda95
    @jda95; Defense?

Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

How can jda95 even provide a defense to a bandwagon going off nothing but the fact he shares types. You're probably not going to get him to roleclaim or anything. Not that I'm defending him but I think this whole going off types thing is silly. I could easily vote for the other person who shares my type and just use the excuse 'I know I'm innocent, therefore this person is probably mafia'. But that's really not a credible reason to vote in my opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Croag View Post
    ... What, lol. We've already seen that going for one of the grass people was not a good idea, why vote for me for that?
    It seems to me, and possibly others, that overlapping typing is a good way to scum-hunt here. It doesn't necessarily mean any of you are mafia, but it's a much better probability than picking someone at random. The fact that you jumped in to derail Mijz' thought process before he could explain himself also didn't help.

Blog Entries

Mkay, doesn't look like i'm going to get a response before phase end.

Vote: Belarus

Behavior of the person is surely going to be more informative than the person's Pokemon type.

shsl music club member Catspring's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Catspring on Facebook
    Follow Catspring on Tumblr

Honestly, doubling up on types shouldn't make someone seem suspicious. There are seventeen Pokemon types and twentysome players, so we're bound to get some Pokemon with a common type, even if it's not their only type.

Blog Entries

I agree it's a bit stupid to go after people according to type now that one of the two most obvious choices was tried and shown to not work. (Unless you think I'm Mafia here, but it'd be a bit stupid for me to be the only one to vote in a circumstance where some people would doubt me if I was wrong) Also, you could consider the fact that type claiming was not prevented by the rules. Obviously typeclaims would come up sooner or later, so when a game would be make, you don't make the Mafia fill the same types.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    Then again, this wouldn't be called Super-Effective Mafia without the types having something to do with anything...
    The types have to do with voting, Like if you're a fire type and you vote for a grass type, your vote is doubled.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast