Mafia: Super-Effective Mafia II | ENDGAME. Mafia victory! [06/10/12] - Page 7

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 294
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Super-Effective Mafia II | ENDGAME. Mafia victory! [06/10/12]

  1. #91
    Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,261
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

    Default Re: Super-Effective Mafia II | Night 1: Anti-Hugs. [17/09/12]

    Quote Originally Posted by VeloJello View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperhorse View Post
    Hey you guys!

    If you don't like the way things are going you should step up and do something.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Dante only vote Hawkeye after talking to you?
    Yes. I talked with him. I had this theory that since they were both grass types one of them must have been town, because I highly doubt that two of the same types would be mafia sided. (Especially pure types).

    However, I did not push for a lynch on Hawkeye, I would have been perfectly okay with a no lynch.

  2. #92
    Registered User Pariah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,246
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Super-Effective Mafia II | Night 1: Anti-Hugs. [17/09/12]

    Quote Originally Posted by Paperhorse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VeloJello View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperhorse View Post
    Hey you guys!

    If you don't like the way things are going you should step up and do something.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Dante only vote Hawkeye after talking to you?
    Yes. I talked with him. I had this theory that since they were both grass types one of them must have been town, because I highly doubt that two of the same types would be mafia sided. (Especially pure types).

    However, I did not push for a lynch on Hawkeye, I would have been perfectly okay with a no lynch.
    So that basically means you're mafia, doesn't it? Thank you.
    My life is a nightmare

  3. #93
    Face of mercy? NOPE Yato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    6,664
    Blog Entries
    435

    Follow Yato on Tumblr

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fresa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperhorse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VeloJello View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperhorse View Post
    Hey you guys!

    If you don't like the way things are going you should step up and do something.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Dante only vote Hawkeye after talking to you?
    Yes. I talked with him. I had this theory that since they were both grass types one of them must have been town, because I highly doubt that two of the same types would be mafia sided. (Especially pure types).

    However, I did not push for a lynch on Hawkeye, I would have been perfectly okay with a no lynch.
    So that basically means you're mafia, doesn't it? Thank you.
    ...how? I'm sorry but can you explain the logic for that?

  4. #94
    Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,261
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

    Default Re: Super-Effective Mafia II | Night 1: Anti-Hugs. [17/09/12]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fresa View Post
    So that basically means you're mafia, doesn't it? Thank you.
    lol, no. I am not mafia. I was just trying not to get lynched day 1 because that's no fun. :<

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post

    ...how? I'm sorry but can you explain the logic for that?
    My logic is that there wouldn't be two grass types (or two of any pure types) on the mafia side because it wouldn't be balanced. I suggested that to Baron Dante.

  5. #95
    Hitomi's Bulbahusband Mr. Fahrenheit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    85
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default Re: Super-Effective Mafia II | Night 1: Anti-Hugs. [17/09/12]

    You can call me paranoid but I am not at all sure how good idea type claiming was. The mafia could use the claims to try to either kill the ones who have types that are super efeective against or try to guess which type could be fitting for which role and that way try to kill powerfull town roles.

  6. #96
    Seems legit Baron Dante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    365
    Blog Entries
    81

    Default Re: Super-Effective Mafia II | Night 1: Anti-Hugs. [17/09/12]

    @Dark Blueberry; I much prefer the game be going somewhere instead of getting No Lynches on Day 1. That aside, I explained my reasoning for going at Paperhorse (Two Pokemon grass is super-effective at, so I rather arbitrarily chose one of them), and after Paperhorse contacted me via PM, also pointing out his suspicions on how it's questionable to have 2 Pokemon of the same type, and how, if one was Mafia, the other one would be relatively cleared. I was rather on the fence on if that train of logic would work, but since she did manage to convince me to not go for her, I figured to go at her train of logic instead, despite the risk of lynching a townie, and again, by her logic, making me rather suspicious.

    Obviously, I could have not done that, so it's hardly her fault this happened, but nevertheless, I had my reasoning to do this.

  7. #97
    Registered User Pariah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,246
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Super-Effective Mafia II | Night 1: Anti-Hugs. [17/09/12]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperhorse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VeloJello View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperhorse View Post
    Hey you guys!

    If you don't like the way things are going you should step up and do something.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Dante only vote Hawkeye after talking to you?
    Yes. I talked with him. I had this theory that since they were both grass types one of them must have been town, because I highly doubt that two of the same types would be mafia sided. (Especially pure types).

    However, I did not push for a lynch on Hawkeye, I would have been perfectly okay with a no lynch.
    So that basically means you're mafia, doesn't it? Thank you.
    ...how? I'm sorry but can you explain the logic for that?
    User a votes user y because of reason g.
    User y convinces user a to vote user x instead, this because of reason l.
    Reason l states that: there can't be two pokemon of the same type on the same team.
    Users y and x are of the same type.
    User x is innocent, by user's y reasoning; user y can't be innocent.
    When questioned about it, user y states she just didn't want to die.

    Hmmmm
    My life is a nightmare

  8. #98
    Registered User Mintaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    GMT +9
    Posts
    10,524
    Blog Entries
    80
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

    Default Re: Super-Effective Mafia II | Night 1: Anti-Hugs. [17/09/12]

    There are seventeen types and twenty players at the start, so there would be types overlapping among players; possibly even in the same alignment. I don't think types decide what team each Pokemon would belong to, in the first place.

    FC: 2294-4703-4926 | 제노바
    Friend Safari Info: Flying (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Fletchfinder)

  9. #99
    noble roar Buoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    olivine city, johto.
    Posts
    2,105
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: Super-Effective Mafia II | Night 1: Anti-Hugs. [17/09/12]

    A loud voice booms across the Vale:

    why are you lying? didn't you say that you had a different type in the thread?

    oh and you've just done a big mistake talking to me. I'm the loudmouth. any conversations I have with players related to this game will be shown in the Night Phase. Yup. I can't make an alliance with you without giving out all the details.
    Well...

    You screwed yourself and me already with your first PM to me. No point in hiding it any more.

    This conversation will be shown in the Day Phase. People will know that I'm the Loudmouth. I guess this clears me then.
    It's a screw up because people will know who the loudmouth is and that you were trying to make an alliance. If we're both thought to be Town, then the mafia will target us and kill us.
    Yes they would. And I don't think that it's useful now. All we're saying is going to X and he'll post this.
    Not your fault for coming to talk to me. You still should have played along though. I should have made a warning in thread for nobody to Pm me but w/e.

  10. #100
    CAPS KidBeano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    967
    Blog Entries
    3

    Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Super-Effective Mafia II | Night 1: Anti-Hugs. [17/09/12]

    Oh come on, I find myself unable to get on for one day and this happens ._.

    Okay...

    Firstly, to everyone who was like "omg doctor's dead *looks at Baron Dante suspiciously*":

    a) Hawkeye wasn't a doctor, he was a jailkeeper, which leads me to believe we still have a doctor alive.
    b) Think about it. Nobody has had time to use their night actions yet, not even the mafia. By saying Baron Dante is suspicious for lynching the Doctor, you're basically implying he's a mafia-sided Role Cop that had an ability allowed to be used Night 0. That's ludicrous ._.

    Secondly, typeclaiming says nothing about alignment. It's just a reference so we know who is actually going to get lynched, because just because Person A has the most votes on them, Person B might have the highest total. If you thought type-claiming was a bad idea, you should've said BEFORE claiming. ._. Lynching someone solely because you're SE against them IS a questionable move, however, even if he did end up switching.

    Thirdly, the Loudmouth thing is interesting. Seems they misinterpreted their role, though - we only get their side of the conversation.


    Quote Originally Posted by Fresa View Post
    User a votes user y because of reason g.
    User y convinces user a to vote user x instead, this because of reason l.
    Reason l states that: there can't be two pokemon of the same type on the same team.
    Users y and x are of the same type.
    User x is innocent, by user's y reasoning; user y can't be innocent.
    When questioned about it, user y states she just didn't want to die.

    Hmmmm
    Users A and X have the same type. Paperhorse is Water-type, and Baron Dante and Hawkeye are Grass-type. Kinda ruins your entire theory.
    MORE CAPS

    ~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

  11. #101
    Registered User Pariah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,246
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Super-Effective Mafia II | Night 1: Anti-Hugs. [17/09/12]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka View Post
    There are seventeen types and twenty players at the start, so there would be types overlapping among players; possibly even in the same alignment. I don't think types decide what team each Pokemon would belong to, in the first place.
    And I understand that. I just think PH's defense is pretty weak and unlogical. You use a reason to lynch someone but that same reason you supported a phase ago becomes a joke when used against you? I'm just saying she needs to get a better defense.

    @Central African Republic*; Oh fuck :y guess I wasn't paying enough attention
    Last edited by Feralize; 18th September 2012 at 01:27 PM.
    My life is a nightmare

  12. #102
    noble roar Buoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    olivine city, johto.
    Posts
    2,105
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: Super-Effective Mafia II | Night 1: Anti-Hugs. [17/09/12]

    A loud voice booms across the Vale:

    [Spoilered for sheer length and because it contains a nausea-inducing parody]


  13. #103
    Face of mercy? NOPE Yato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    6,664
    Blog Entries
    435

    Follow Yato on Tumblr

    Default Re: Super-Effective Mafia II | Night 1: Anti-Hugs. [17/09/12]

    Now that's one epic giddy person -.-

  14. #104
    Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Seafoam Islands
    Posts
    1,048
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Super-Effective Mafia II | Night 1: Anti-Hugs. [17/09/12]

    *sheds a tear of immense joy*

    Beautiful/10. Rofl.

  15. #105
    noble roar Buoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    olivine city, johto.
    Posts
    2,105
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: Super-Effective Mafia II | Night 1: Anti-Hugs. [17/09/12]

    Actions locked. Update pending.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •