Mafia: Super-Effective Mafia II | ENDGAME. Mafia victory! [06/10/12] - Page 20

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Super-Effective Mafia II | ENDGAME. Mafia victory! [06/10/12]

Blog Entries

Default Re: Super-Effective Mafia II | Night 8: Hope? [04/10/12]

It was the final night.

The moonlight touched the surface of the lake in which many of the Vale's Water-types inhabited, giving it a ghostly glow. Not a ripple was to be seen -- most were hiding. The area around them was dying, both the nature and the creatures. The leaves began to fall away from the surrounding trees, tainting the water with autumn colours. The streets of the Vale were littered with waste and splashed with the blood of many. A rank odour filled the air, overpoweringly sickening, and it was hard to breathe in, almost as if the smell was a thick soup. Everywhere, there was death, and it was unavoidable in its destruction. Mournful cries and shrieks sounded all over, mixed with the wails of the young who had lost their parents and the groaning of the injured.

Gliscor glided through the streets freely, delighting in the pleasure he took from the devastation that he was causing. He stooped to deliver shattering blows every now and then, which almost instantly killed the one contacted. He came near Whimsicott, a Pokémon whose species were nowhere near native to the region in which the Vale was located. Whimsicott looked Gliscor morbidly in the eyes, his once-amber irises bloodshot, and the fuzzy fluff falling out in large clumps. There lay a message in his eyes, and Gliscor could be merciful when creatures accepted his dominance. Could be. However, by delivering that shattering blow, he was giving the Grass-type the thing he wanted most: death. But not in this way... never in this way.

"Okay, that's enough!" cried a powerful voice. Gliscor whirled, surprised.

Smiling in triumph, three Pokémon stood side-by-side. Two, almost identical, stood on either side of the largest, who had a physique like a sumo wrestler. Hariyama, Plusle and Minun. Without warning, Plusle and Minun leaped into the air simultaneously, high-fiving each other as their cheeks began to create electricity, sparking. Hariyama slammed his fist into the ground heavily, and then he sped forwards, followed quickly after by the duo. Delivering an almighty punch to Gliscor before he was even aware of what was happening, Hariyama then spun, preparing his next move. The two Electric-type Pokémon used their new ally's shoulders as springboards, somersaulting from them and delivering kicks into the face of the final foe as he soared through the air as well.

Enraged, Gliscor whirled out of the spiral caused by the double-kick, landing gracefully as both Plusle and Minun did. Sweeping his tail out in front of him, he caught the duo off-balance and knocked them to their feet. Brutally, he stabbed the sharp end of his tail into Minun's gut. Plusle received the same treatment moments later, and then Gliscor left them for dead as he went to meet Hariyama, who was still charging his next attack. Plusle rolled on her side, looking at her twin sister, who moaned in pain. Plusle reached out, placing her paw on top of her sibling's. Close to tears, they both knew now how death would feel...

"I love you," Minun whispered, squeezing tight on Plusle's paw.

"I love you, too," Plusle replied. "You're the best sister I ever had."

"Do you think...?"

"What?" Plusle was breathing more heavily now, the strength of the link between the two sisters fluctuating.

"Do you think we'll see momma and poppa again?"

"Of course. Hush, now, Minun. Let's close our eyes. This'll be over soon... then... then we can see them..."

Together, they closed their eyes. Together, they took their last breaths.

Together, Plusle and Minun died.

"And now for you," Gliscor snarled.

After having wrangled for what seemed like an eternity, the world-class fighter, Hariyama, had been pinned down for the first -- and last -- time in his life. Gliscor sliced him in several places, allowing the blood to flow freely, bringing his enemy low before finally killing him. Hariyama slowly turned paler and paler, weaker and weaker... his energy was leaving him, deserting him.

"The Vale will come back in full strength one day," Hariyama said, spitting the words out at Gliscor with as much spite as he could muster. "When they do, you're in trouble. When they do, you're going to die."

"I'll live in the moment for now. It's a shame the same can't be said for you," Gliscor replied.

Hariyama was dead almost as soon as Gliscor had injected the poison into his heart.

"Good."

With that, Gliscor turned to finish what he had started with his companions, except now he was on his own.

But what was left for the Vale?

Only time could tell.

Super-Effective II is now in endgame!

THE MAFIA have won!

Congratulations to the mafia members, and commiserations to our townies.

I know that the mafia win-condition was to outnumber the town, but, due to the circumstances, it was impossible for the town to win once Fresa chose to nightkill Baron Dante, so I wasn't going to drag it out until Fresa had killed everybody else. In retrospect, the role of Gliscor was somewhat overpowered, but only so when it was nearing endgame.

You guys might have had a better chance in one in four of you (that's five players in total) had not broken the rules. I only did modkill two, but that should have been five. Those five of you who broke the rules made this game feel like a disaster to host for me, and you did ruin the game (to an extent) for the other players.

I'll post all the boring stuff later.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Super-Effective Mafia II | ENDGAME. Mafia victory! [06/10/12]

Well dammit. I think I was trying too much for the town. Funny how it came out.

Despite me losing because of silly decisions over the game that prevented me from being lynched in time... I was on the spot on both Atomic and Fresa. Pretty happy about that.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

@Buoy; My alignment, please? XDD

Thanks for letting me play, Buoy, and good game everyone!

Blog Entries

yay1
    My life is a nightmare

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

Congrats mafia! Good game. Thanks for letting me play Buoy.

Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

Wow, congrats to Fresa to pulling it off, we lost our numbers quickly xD

FC: 2294-4703-4926 | 제노바
    Friend Safari Info: Flying (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Fletchfinder)

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

omfg buoy WHAT THE HELL?!! ;_;

remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

Haha, I'm glad the mafia still managed to win in the end! Good game, town!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post

omfg buoy WHAT THE HELL?!! ;_;
    it wos plusle & minun <3.............................vry sad..................................vry emotionel............................(:
    Akuraito likes this.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920