Mafia: Star Wars Mafia Endgame: Jabba's Palace Wins! [10/2] - Page 2

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 272
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Star Wars Mafia Endgame: Jabba's Palace Wins! [10/2]

  1. #16
    Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,302
    Blog Entries
    315
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

    Default Re: Star Wars Mafia [Sign Ups]

    In, Viridi.

    Throughout the course of this mafia, I will never reference or hint at anything that happened in any of the prequel films.
    What if the movies 4-6 refer to the prequels themselves? Like how the remastered version shows prequel Anakin at the end?


  2. #17
    TheMissingno.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    No.
    Posts
    15,034
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    408

    Default Re: Star Wars Mafia [Sign Ups]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    In, Viridi.

    Throughout the course of this mafia, I will never reference or hint at anything that happened in any of the prequel films.
    What if the movies 4-6 refer to the prequels themselves? Like how the remastered version shows prequel Anakin at the end?
    All of the things they added will be reset. Han shoots first, he doesn't talk to Jabba in the Mos Eisley docking bay, and it'll be old Anakin in the final scene. All of the other additions are purely aesthetic I believe (throwing random CGI crap on screen), so they don't really effect the story.

    The only change I will agree with is calling the first film "Episode IV: A New Hope," which was added in 1981 when they realized that Star Wars was getting a sequel.
    That's nice.

  3. #18
    URPG! GliscorMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    2,951
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Star Wars Mafia [Sign Ups]

    I'm as in as Kit Fisto is green.

    Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

  4. #19
    Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,302
    Blog Entries
    315
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

    Default Re: Star Wars Mafia [Sign Ups]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    The only change I will agree with is calling the first film "Episode IV: A New Hope," which was added in 1981 when they realized that Star Wars was getting a sequel.
    What about the more awesome music they added to the final scene? The one that replaced the yub-nub? The most common opinion seems to be that the change of music is actually for the better. Someone on youtube even took the Shaw Anakin version only put the newer audio under it.


  5. #20
    TheMissingno.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    No.
    Posts
    15,034
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    408

    Default Re: Star Wars Mafia [Sign Ups]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    The only change I will agree with is calling the first film "Episode IV: A New Hope," which was added in 1981 when they realized that Star Wars was getting a sequel.
    What about the more awesome music they added to the final scene? The one that replaced the yub-nub? The most common opinion seems to be that the change of music is actually for the better. Someone on youtube even took the Shaw Anakin version only put the newer audio under it.
    Actually I've never heard the new music, the only one I've ever heard was the "yub-nub" song. Regardless, I doubt I'll be mentioning the music in my flavor text anyway, especially if the mafia wins.
    That's nice.

  6. #21
    I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    With Feliciano, my true love
    Posts
    35,471
    Blog Entries
    256

    Default Re: Star Wars Mafia [Sign Ups]

    The Han and Jabba scene wasn't a bad addition actually...

    Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

  7. #22
    TheMissingno.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    No.
    Posts
    15,034
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    408

    Default Re: Star Wars Mafia [Sign Ups]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakeshi View Post
    The Han and Jabba scene wasn't a bad addition actually...
    The fact that he stepped on Jabba's tail was a deal breaker. Jabba is supposed to be a feared gangster, disrespecting him like that should have been a death sentence. The scene put Jabba way out of character.
    That's nice.

  8. #23
    I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    With Feliciano, my true love
    Posts
    35,471
    Blog Entries
    256

    Default Re: Star Wars Mafia [Sign Ups]

    Or it made Han that much cooler.

    Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

  9. #24
    So you want to be a hero? Stuntology's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Spielburg
    Posts
    863

    Default Re: Star Wars Mafia [Sign Ups]

    In!

    (Erana)

    Goblins and Saurus and Cheetaurs, oh my!

  10. #25
    TheMissingno.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    No.
    Posts
    15,034
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    408

    Default Re: Star Wars Mafia [Sign Ups]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakeshi View Post
    Or it made Han that much cooler.
    So Han is cooler because someone else did something out of character? That makes no sense.
    That's nice.

  11. #26
    totally fangirling out Dark Victini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Pittsburgh,PA
    Posts
    428
    Blog Entries
    41
    Add Dark Victini on Google+
    Visit Dark Victini's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Star Wars Mafia [Sign Ups]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakeshi View Post
    Or it made Han that much cooler.
    So Han is cooler because someone else did something out of character? That makes no sense.
    Jabba look pretty in character to me. (but maybe that's just because i have never seen the original originals)
    3DS FC=1263-5787-4526

  12. #27
    TheMissingno.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    No.
    Posts
    15,034
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    408

    Default Re: Star Wars Mafia [Sign Ups]

    Jabba remorselessly kills without a second thought. Taking shit from Han was absolutely out of character.

    That scene also ruins the Jabba reveal in Return of the Jedi. We hear about him a lot in 4 and 5, but we don't see him, and when we finally do he's not anything like what we expected. I think (hope) that's why they got rid of the scene in the first place. Also, the original scene had Jabba as a fat human. That would have been super lame.
    That's nice.

  13. #28
    totally fangirling out Dark Victini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Pittsburgh,PA
    Posts
    428
    Blog Entries
    41
    Add Dark Victini on Google+
    Visit Dark Victini's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Star Wars Mafia [Sign Ups]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    Also, the original scene had Jabba as a fat human. That would have been super lame.

    lol that would have been funny.

    but mom tells me that would actually have been better 'cause it would have been Jabba's henchmen
    3DS FC=1263-5787-4526

  14. #29
    magister mencium VeloJello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    The Land of Night and Magic.
    Posts
    215

    Default Re: Star Wars Mafia [Sign Ups]

    In, please!
    Among my frivolous thoughts,
    I believe there are beautiful things seen by the astronauts.
    The indications reveal
    That few of us realize life is quite surreal.

    URPG Stats.

  15. #30
    TheMissingno.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    No.
    Posts
    15,034
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    408

    Default Re: Star Wars Mafia [Sign Ups]

    Quote Originally Posted by VeloJello View Post
    In, please!
    Please read the rules first. =)
    That's nice.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •