Mafia: Star Trek: The Original Series Mafia-Endgame. Outcasts Win!(3/11/13) - Page 8
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 375

Thread: Star Trek: The Original Series Mafia-Endgame. Outcasts Win!(3/11/13)

  1. #106
    URPG! GliscorMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    2,966
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Star Trek: The Original Series Mafia-Day 1(2/26/13)

    Am I seriously the only one that believes Jokool?

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    Yeah, I think that generally the assumption that comes from this is that you were only lucky to survive up to now, because of GM's problems. You would be lynched by now, and we wouldn't hear this claim from you anymore. So if you think it was this important to mention you lied, why didn't you mention it then.
    This doesn't even make any sense. MY PROBLEMS ARE WITH YOU. Infinity keeps blatantly ignoring my questions and generally make no sense. But for some reason, everyone seems perfectly content with following his immensely flawed and generally nonexistent logic.

    Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

  2. #107
    Chief of Police Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Without a Ceilng
    Posts
    11,137
    Blog Entries
    23

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Star Trek: The Original Series Mafia-Day 1(2/26/13)

    @GliscorMan; I find Infinity scummy too. My reason for voting jokool has nothing to do with Infinity's flawed logic

  3. #108
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    248
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Star Trek: The Original Series Mafia-Day 1(2/26/13)

    Quote Originally Posted by GliscorMan View Post
    Am I seriously the only one that believes Jokool?

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    Yeah, I think that generally the assumption that comes from this is that you were only lucky to survive up to now, because of GM's problems. You would be lynched by now, and we wouldn't hear this claim from you anymore. So if you think it was this important to mention you lied, why didn't you mention it then.
    This doesn't even make any sense. MY PROBLEMS ARE WITH YOU. Infinity keeps blatantly ignoring my questions and generally make no sense. But for some reason, everyone seems perfectly content with following his immensely flawed and generally nonexistent logic.
    You're openly insulting me now.
    I already stated all of my motives and I believe it's clear who am I after, from my wordings. If you have something you disagree with, state it clearly.

    Doctor jokool keeps making himself more suspicious with every action. We have to adapt to our roles the best we can, and play seriously, if we want to win. When we don't, mistakes and suspicion are born.

    I wrote my reasons to suspect him, and I don't see a point in writing it all again, so spare me your ignorant fallacy.

    If, like you said, many people are thinking different than you, perhaps you should start thinking that you're wrong, instead of defying all odds.

  4. #109
    URPG! GliscorMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    2,966
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Star Trek: The Original Series Mafia-Day 1(2/26/13)

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    @GliscorMan; I find Infinity scummy too. My reason for voting jokool has nothing to do with Infinity's flawed logic
    So I see that you're voting because Momoka said something, suggesting that she had a lead on him. That'd be more interesting and generally more valid if I knew why Momoka did what she did. Do you know, or did I miss something in the thread after re-reading it several times?

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GliscorMan View Post
    Am I seriously the only one that believes Jokool?

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    Yeah, I think that generally the assumption that comes from this is that you were only lucky to survive up to now, because of GM's problems. You would be lynched by now, and we wouldn't hear this claim from you anymore. So if you think it was this important to mention you lied, why didn't you mention it then.
    This doesn't even make any sense. MY PROBLEMS ARE WITH YOU. Infinity keeps blatantly ignoring my questions and generally make no sense. But for some reason, everyone seems perfectly content with following his immensely flawed and generally nonexistent logic.
    You're openly insulting me now.
    No, if I wanted to insult you, I'd be a lot more abrupt about it. I'm discrediting your lack of logic in matters pertaining to Mafia. Insulting you would solve nothing, which is why I keep demanding you to justify your logic.

    I already stated all of my motives and I believe it's clear who am I after, from my wordings. If you have something you disagree with, state it clearly.
    Oh really? That's what you think? Sure, why not. Be prepared for a flood of quotes and such from yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post

    That ability is useless ._.

    Especially with how you don't want attention.

    What were you thinking??

    Either you lie and this role was a fake that you received along with your other, scum one or....you just did something un-appropiate.

    I'm not impressed, nor convinced, sorry.
    This is your reaction to Jokool's "claim", which I suppose he's said is a fakeclaim. The dichotomy you provide is completely false and blatantly so.

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    With that role, he could pretty much bait everybody, and then become invulnerable to their attacks. My question is, why did he opted to remain hidden. If anything this is the best role for not staying hidden.

    You did something that doesn't equate into a coherent action. I have quite the reason to doubt you.
    Right here, you completely contradict what you said about the role being useless. And then go on to say that he should've claimed earlier, before he was even criticized. Which doesn't even make sense, because Commuters are supposed to attract attention by being pro-town and use their power to avoid a Mafia kill, all the while remaining hidden.

    Doctor jokool keeps making himself more suspicious with every action. We have to adapt to our roles the best we can, and play seriously, if we want to win. When we don't, mistakes and suspicion are born.
    The only thing that I find mildly suspicious is that he retracted his claim, which he made roughly an hour before the phase end (rushed, to stop a RL on him). However, that's only mildly suspicious. The other things he says make me think he's just trying to stop a misslynch. Plus, from what I know, Jokool has played quite a few Mafia games.


    I wrote my reasons to suspect him, and I don't see a point in writing it all again, so spare me your ignorant fallacy.
    Oh, your one actual reason being that he's first on the list, that RNGs in your meta-experience tend to "favor the first number"? And you're insulting me for questioning you?

    If, like you said, many people are thinking different than you, perhaps you should start thinking that you're wrong, instead of defying all odds.
    You're suggesting that I commit a logical fallacy. What is this I don't even.

    To everyone else:
    After carefully reading things, I don't think I find Infinity to be scum. He is, however, acting anti-town.

    Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

  5. #110
    prochainezo Momoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    my room
    Posts
    3,525

    Follow Momoka on Tumblr

    Default Re: Star Trek: The Original Series Mafia-Day 1(2/26/13)

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor jokool View Post
    I wanted to claim that so the mafia wouldn't target me at night. I just want to keep playing and help out.
    This doesn't make sense because who was to say he would have been the mafia's first target? And if you were going to be out anyway, why would you have lied at all? You wouldn't have even made it to the nightphase to die from the mafia's hands, so you think you would have claimed your true ability if it wasn't something you needed to hide.

    I know my commuter claim was a bad move, but I thought it would hopefully save me for one night so I could..... I've said enough. I might be willing to claim privately to someone, but it has to be someone I feel is town, and I don't want them blabbing it everywhere.
    And here, he's going to be out if the majority of the voted stay on him if he doesn't claim, so if it were at this point, I don't see the huge issue with claiming out in thread. Of course, his ability could be something he doesn't want the mafia to know, but since it would appear he will be out anyway...

    Now, those are my reasons for voting him.

    once in a lifetime we're breaking all the rules

  6. #111
    Chief of Police Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Without a Ceilng
    Posts
    11,137
    Blog Entries
    23

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Star Trek: The Original Series Mafia-Day 1(2/26/13)

    @Doctor jokool; You still fail to give us a reason not to lynch you.

    As for Infinity I think that he's and independent and if he is then he is harmful to the town with his double vote powers in the case of teaming up with mafia.

  7. #112
    Happy mariowie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,483
    Blog Entries
    119

    Default Re: Star Trek: The Original Series Mafia-Day 1(2/26/13)

    Unvote Doctor jokool because I don't think he is mafia, but it will have no effect, because turning a bandwagon around this late is almost impossible.
    With his current claim, and now I asume it is true the mafia would really see him dead sooner than later, because they can't kill him in the night.

    But we see how it will play out when the night falls RIP Doctor jokool I say.
    Gone

  8. #113
    Chief of Police Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Without a Ceilng
    Posts
    11,137
    Blog Entries
    23

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Star Trek: The Original Series Mafia-Day 1(2/26/13)

    Quote Originally Posted by mariowie View Post
    Unvote Doctor jokool because I don't think he is mafia, but it will have no effect, because turning a bandwagon around this late is almost impossible.
    With his current claim, and now I asume it is true the mafia would really see him dead sooner than later, because they can't kill him in the night.

    But we see how it will play out when the night falls RIP Doctor jokool I say.
    jokool was lying about the commuter claim and admitted to it.

  9. #114
    Happy mariowie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,483
    Blog Entries
    119

    Default Re: Star Trek: The Original Series Mafia-Day 1(2/26/13)

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mariowie View Post
    Unvote Doctor jokool because I don't think he is mafia, but it will have no effect, because turning a bandwagon around this late is almost impossible.
    With his current claim, and now I asume it is true the mafia would really see him dead sooner than later, because they can't kill him in the night.

    But we see how it will play out when the night falls RIP Doctor jokool I say.
    jokool was lying about the commuter claim and admitted to it.
    :d Didn't read the thread that good, but he is dead meat anyway.
    Gone

  10. #115
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    248
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Star Trek: The Original Series Mafia-Day 1(2/26/13)

    Quote Originally Posted by GliscorMan View Post
    You're openly insulting me now.
    No, if I wanted to insult you, I'd be a lot more abrupt about it. I'm discrediting your lack of logic in matters pertaining to Mafia. Insulting you would solve nothing, which is why I keep demanding you to justify your logic.
    When you say that all of my words are based on an illogical ground that means you believe I am making my actions based on absolutely no sense. In a more common way, that's the definition of word "stupid". That is an insult, and you wrote it in a public thread, therefore you acted openly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post

    That ability is useless ._.

    Especially with how you don't want attention.

    What were you thinking??

    Either you lie and this role was a fake that you received along with your other, scum one or....you just did something un-appropiate.

    I'm not impressed, nor convinced, sorry.
    This is your reaction to Jokool's "claim", which I suppose he's said is a fakeclaim. The dichotomy you provide is completely false and blatantly so.
    I don't think so.

    His ability is partially useless, because it only helps when he gets targeted, he can use it only a limited number of times, and he cannot use it to do anything else other than saving his own life.

    If he does not make himself a target for scum attacks, by appearing to be useful, then there is a high chance they will choose someone else to attack. However, he still cannot guess when he will be attacked that way, and therefore he is forced to use his ability early.

    I don't think that jokool made a good move by not appearing in the thread almost all day, therefore I pointed it out, with my question.

    There is a possibility that Outcasts have already made by GM fake roles, in order for them to more easily blend into "The crew". I pointed it out, because hiding like jokool did does fit a scum role more than a commuter role. I believe that he might be an Outcast.

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    With that role, he could pretty much bait everybody, and then become invulnerable to their attacks. My question is, why did he opted to remain hidden. If anything this is the best role for not staying hidden.

    You did something that doesn't equate into a coherent action. I have quite the reason to doubt you.
    Right here, you completely contradict what you said about the role being useless. And then go on to say that he should've claimed earlier, before he was even criticized. Which doesn't even make sense, because Commuters are supposed to attract attention by being pro-town and use their power to avoid a Mafia kill, all the while remaining hidden.
    How did I contradict it??
    I just have said before that he shouldn't remain hidden. He shouldn't have not posted almost all day. If he made himself look at least slightly more useful, the possiblity that assassins would target him would become higher.
    I wrote my reasons to suspect him, and I don't see a point in writing it all again, so spare me your ignorant fallacy.
    Oh, your one actual reason being that he's first on the list, that RNGs in your meta-experience tend to "favor the first number"? And you're insulting me for questioning you?
    It's not hard to see that I picked my lynch choice relying on luck. It was all to make more conversation ensue, and make everybody start paying attention to the game.

    And I was lucky, because the person I picked was being semi-inactive. Behaviour like that is generally not appropiate for any games, and is redundant as it does not help the other players. An exclusion for this manner, is that this sort of behaviour can be picked, when you're associated with a role that requires you to remain hidden - a scum role.

    If, like you said, many people are thinking different than you, perhaps you should start thinking that you're wrong, instead of defying all odds.
    You're suggesting that I commit a logical fallacy. What is this I don't even.
    And you're suggesting that you can't commit a logical fallacy. That you can never be wrong, as I understand. If that's so, then that is a much more faulty claim than my suggestion.
    Last edited by Infinity Edge; 28th February 2013 at 06:00 PM.

  11. #116
    Chief of Police Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Without a Ceilng
    Posts
    11,137
    Blog Entries
    23

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Star Trek: The Original Series Mafia-Day 1(2/26/13)

    @Infinity Edge; While activity is important, you can't expect people to be one all the time. Real life comes first and multiple players play in more than one mafia at a time meaning not everyone dedicates their whole free time to a single mafia. Also considering it was day one and he actually appeared in thread more than once, that was more activity than some others

  12. #117
    Justice HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Another Plane
    Posts
    1,137
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: Star Trek: The Original Series Mafia-Day 1(2/26/13)

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GliscorMan View Post
    You're openly insulting me now.
    No, if I wanted to insult you, I'd be a lot more abrupt about it. I'm discrediting your lack of logic in matters pertaining to Mafia. Insulting you would solve nothing, which is why I keep demanding you to justify your logic.
    When you say that all of my words are based on an illogical ground that means you believe I am making my actions based on absolutely no sense. In a more common way, that's the definition of word "stupid". That is an insult, and you wrote it in a public thread, therefore you acted openly.
    What's wrong and insulting about someone thinking that you're wrong? Gliscorman didn't call you stupid for saying that your argument didn't make sense.

  13. #118
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    248
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Star Trek: The Original Series Mafia-Day 1(2/26/13)

    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GliscorMan View Post
    You're openly insulting me now.
    No, if I wanted to insult you, I'd be a lot more abrupt about it. I'm discrediting your lack of logic in matters pertaining to Mafia. Insulting you would solve nothing, which is why I keep demanding you to justify your logic.
    When you say that all of my words are based on an illogical ground that means you believe I am making my actions based on absolutely no sense. In a more common way, that's the definition of word "stupid". That is an insult, and you wrote it in a public thread, therefore you acted openly.
    What's wrong and insulting about someone thinking that you're wrong?
    Nothing. But he denied it, instead of acknowledging it. That's what's wrong, and feels underhanded to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    @Infinity Edge; While activity is important, you can't expect people to be one all the time. Real life comes first and multiple players play in more than one mafia at a time meaning not everyone dedicates their whole free time to a single mafia. Also considering it was day one and he actually appeared in thread more than once, that was more activity than some others
    I understand that. What I don't understand, is the series of chaotic claims everybody was making at the beginning. That's what made people think we should not act serious, and that it's alright to leave this thread, I think. If he had time to post before, then he also had a chance to play seriously. Most unfair thing is, that nobody else was doing it, I guess.
    Last edited by Infinity Edge; 28th February 2013 at 05:25 PM.

  14. #119
    URPG! GliscorMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    2,966
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Star Trek: The Original Series Mafia-Day 1(2/26/13)

    I'm just going to stop arguing with Infinity right here, because it's just going to result as a misslynch against at least one of us. I'm confident that he's just very naive Town. I suppose we'll just have to find see what the lynch on Jokool brings, even if I just have one of those feelings that it isn't going to be anything good.

    Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

  15. #120
    The Coolest! jokool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Here.
    Posts
    2,113
    Blog Entries
    88

    Default Re: Star Trek: The Original Series Mafia-Day 1(2/26/13)

    I'm just going to say one more thing and then shut up.

    I claimed my real role to @Infinity Edge; because I did trust him and his claim. I find it very odd that he has failed to mention that in any of his posts.

    I know I said I didn't want someone blabbing out the claim, but that didn't mean I didn't want you to say something about me claiming.

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •