Mafia: Star Trek: The Original Series Mafia-Endgame. Outcasts Win!(3/11/13) - Page 22

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 375
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Star Trek: The Original Series Mafia-Endgame. Outcasts Win!(3/11/13)

  1. #316
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    332
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Star Trek: The Original Series Mafia-Day 4(3/6/13)

    Quote Originally Posted by GliscorMan View Post
    @Akuraito;

    I'm going to let you respond to the full extent of my posts in stead of just countering the one statement. Things tend to get missed that way, which (although it would be beneficial for you if we did miss things) is not good for the Town.

    EDIT: Inb4 she completely ignores me. Seriously now... @mariowie; go ahead and take screenshots of the PM I sent you regarding the message that appeared (or, at the time, was going to appear) in the Night update. That'll prove that Aku is wrong when she basically 100%'d be as Mafia.
    I take part in a little thing called school. 10-10:50 was my study hall period, and my last class didn't use computers at all; I'm not even supposed to be using one now.

    In any case, I'm pretty sure I already countered all your posts. And I'd appreciate it if you would stop pretending that I'm confirmed scum.

    Um, how would it? Like I already said, reporter can be scum. It proves nothing, and I doubt anything you said could possibly clear you.

    EDIT:

    EDIT: Also, your argument against there not being 3 1-shot (I emphasize this because you seem to like to leave it out) vigilantes is solely based on hostmeta. You could use the exact same reasoning to say that he DID put those exact roles in the game.
    I prefer the term logic.

    And I understand that they're all one-shot! God, most every vig is 1x! Even though they are all 1x, it's still overpowered as all hell.

  2. #317
    URPG! GliscorMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    2,949
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Star Trek: The Original Series Mafia-Day 4(3/6/13)

    Quote Originally Posted by Akuraito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GliscorMan View Post
    @Akuraito;

    I'm going to let you respond to the full extent of my posts in stead of just countering the one statement. Things tend to get missed that way, which (although it would be beneficial for you if we did miss things) is not good for the Town.

    EDIT: Inb4 she completely ignores me. Seriously now... @mariowie; go ahead and take screenshots of the PM I sent you regarding the message that appeared (or, at the time, was going to appear) in the Night update. That'll prove that Aku is wrong when she basically 100%'d be as Mafia.
    I take part in a little thing called school. 10-10:50 was my study hall period, and my last class didn't use computers at all; I'm not even supposed to be using one now.

    In any case, I'm pretty sure I already countered all your posts. And I'd appreciate it if you would stop pretending that I'm confirmed scum.

    Um, how would it? Like I already said, reporter can be scum. It proves nothing, and I doubt anything you said could possibly clear you.
    Oh, boo hoo. I've been sick for the past four days. Anyways, you technically are confirmed scum. So it's not like I'll just stop acting it. Because it's SOOOO common to have a Mafia reporter. You know what's even more common? A Mafia Silencer. Which is EXACTLY what I think you pulled on Jokool, knowing that he would make a good target to convince people to lynch him.

    And, as for you, I don't think you've even claimed to Mario. I mean, you should probably just claim in-thread. That would solve just as many problems and, considering that we won't have another Day phase due to the impending misslynch, it wouldn't hurt anything if you did.

    EDIT:

    EDIT: Also, your argument against there not being 3 1-shot (I emphasize this because you seem to like to leave it out) vigilantes is solely based on hostmeta. You could use the exact same reasoning to say that he DID put those exact roles in the game.
    I prefer the term logic.

    And I understand that they're all one-shot! God, most every vig is 1x! Even though they are all 1x, it's still overpowered as all hell.
    ^ one big straw man argument. Not every vig is 1x. In fact, most aren't. Most are 2x or 3x. It's not OP, considering that you'd have to be willing to use the power in the first place. In a small game like this, that could very easily backfire. Which is why they probably wouldn't use the ability. It's human psychology. Also, Star Trek. Everyone has phasers. This is a completely valid reason, as well. You just keep saying it's overpowered. Not that it's impossible.

    @Nepeta Leijon;, could you please reconsider? This game was mostly inactive. Then, I pointed out that it was LYLO and that that meant there were 3 Mafia left. Then, I put pressure on Harry. Almost immediately, 2 people (Akuraito and Momoka) leapt to his defense with very little reasoning given as to why. Instead of providing reasoning, they instead attacked me and Jokool.

    Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

  3. #318
    shsl music club member Catspring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    862
    Blog Entries
    8
    Add Catspring on Facebook
    Follow Catspring on Tumblr

    Default Re: Star Trek: The Original Series Mafia-Day 4(3/6/13)

    I think claiming in thread would be a good idea.

  4. #319
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    332
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Star Trek: The Original Series Mafia-Day 4(3/6/13)

    Quote Originally Posted by GliscorMan
    Oh, boo hoo. I've been sick for the past four days. Anyways, you technically are confirmed scum. So it's not like I'll just stop acting it. Because it's SOOOO common to have a Mafia reporter. You know what's even more common? A Mafia Silencer. Which is EXACTLY what I think you pulled on Jokool, knowing that he would make a good target to convince people to lynch him.
    ?????????? That wasn’t something I said to garner sympathy. You went and got irritated, thinking I wouldn’t respond, so I was explaining why I was unable to.

    Right, would you like to explain why?

    Yeah, it’s really common to have three vigs, too.

    There’s no evidence towards that. He can’t defend against our claims that well, and look who’s doing all the defending for him already.

    And, as for you, I don't think you've even claimed to Mario. I mean, you should probably just claim in-thread. That would solve just as many problems and, considering that we won't have another Day phase due to the impending misslynch, it wouldn't hurt anything if you did.
    No, I haven’t. I didn’t see the need, tbh, and if I do now, he’s just going to share it with you, and I’d rather not have him share my claim with someone who I’m certain is mafia.

    I fail to see the reason why I should, tbh. If I’m “confirmed scum”, you won’t listen to my claim, anyway, now, will you?

    Why the hell are you so certain that jokool’s town?! What’s confirming him other than his claim, which is a ridiculous fakeclaim given the circumstances right now?

    ^ one big straw man argument. Not every vig is 1x. In fact, most aren't. Most are 2x or 3x. It's not OP, considering that you'd have to be willing to use the power in the first place. In a small game like this, that could very easily backfire. Which is why they probably wouldn't use the ability. It's human psychology. Also, Star Trek. Everyone has phasers. This is a completely valid reason, as well. You just keep saying it's overpowered. Not that it's impossible.
    I realize that. However, it’s most common for vigs to be 1x, and I’ve seen only one that had more than one kill, so that’s what I’m going off.

    Exactly. Why. It’s. OP. It could backfire and end the game instantly due to misjudgements on three players’ parts. That’s too much power for three people, and if you consider that they’re all town? That’s just plain ridiculous, tyvm.

    If everyone has phasers, why isn’t everyone a vig? Like I said, just because everyone has a way to kill someone doesn’t mean that the host should put in a bunch of players who can kill someone else.

    Okay, sure, I'll say it; it's my belief, anyway. It's impossible for a host to be that stupid.

  5. #320
    URPG! GliscorMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    2,949
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Star Trek: The Original Series Mafia-Day 4(3/6/13)

    Quote Originally Posted by Akuraito View Post
    Right, would you like to explain why?
    You and Momoka conveniently jumped out to defend Harry (with no reasoning given). There are 3 Mafia left in order to make this still a game. Therefore, logic has it, that you three are Mafia. You were also extremely wishywashy with your voting earlier in the game. You constantly jumped on bandwagons.

    Yeah, it’s really common to have three vigs, too.
    Go look at the part below this where I explain for the billionth time human psychology.

    There’s no evidence towards that. He can’t defend against our claims that well, and look who’s doing all the defending for him already.
    Uh, other than the fact that he's been online several times in the past couple days and that we've given him a PILE of notifications and that he hasn't responded to any of them? Uh, yeah. I am defending him. Because I find it interesting that three people (THE NUMBER OF MAFIA LEFT) are all pushing for a lynch on him and he hasn't defended himself. At all. Considering the way he defended himself against Infinity, logically he would do something similar in this scenario. But he isn't, leading to my conclusion that you guys have silenced him.

    Also, interesting choice of words. Look at the bold. That's a slip, if I ever saw one. It implies that he would, but he is physically unable to defend himself. This further supports my theory.

    And, as for you, I don't think you've even claimed to Mario. I mean, you should probably just claim in-thread. That would solve just as many problems and, considering that we won't have another Day phase due to the impending misslynch, it wouldn't hurt anything if you did.
    No, I haven’t. I didn’t see the need, tbh, and if I do now, he’s just going to share it with you, and I’d rather not have him share my claim with someone who I’m certain is mafia.
    Didn't see the need to claim to the ONLY CLEAR IN THE GAME?!? What? Seriously? It's an incredibly tense situation, where any bit of information helps, and you "didn't see the need". Also, for the record, Mario never shared any of the claims he received with me. I got claims from other people, though, and you three happen to be the only ones not accounted for.

    I fail to see the reason why I should, tbh. If I’m “confirmed scum”, you won’t listen to my claim, anyway, now, will you?
    Maybe because the one flip vote asked you to? @Nepeta Leijon; kindly asked if you would please claim in thread. You're wrong that I won't listen. That's an extremely ignorant thing to say. Of course I'll listen. Believe it? No, probably not at all.


    Why the hell are you so certain that jokool’s town?! What’s confirming him other than his claim, which is a ridiculous fakeclaim given the circumstances right now?
    Because you three are so set on saying that he isn't. Have you paid any attention to what he said in the past phases? His reactions, his voting pattern. He was the prime target for scrutiny D1, with the Infinity incident. That gave a lot of insight into his reactions. To me, that's what cleared him.

    Oh and there's also the possibility that, because of the suspicion early in the game, he was checked by our cop, Midorikawa. This is supported by Mido's leaving the wagon behind when it was started up again the following day.

    What's ridiculous is that you haven't claimed, tbh.

    ^ one big straw man argument. Not every vig is 1x. In fact, most aren't. Most are 2x or 3x. It's not OP, considering that you'd have to be willing to use the power in the first place. In a small game like this, that could very easily backfire. Which is why they probably wouldn't use the ability. It's human psychology. Also, Star Trek. Everyone has phasers. This is a completely valid reason, as well. You just keep saying it's overpowered. Not that it's impossible.
    I realize that. However, it’s most common for vigs to be 1x, and I’ve seen only one that had more than one kill, so that’s what I’m going off.

    Exactly. Why. It’s. OP. It could backfire and end the game instantly due to misjudgements on three players’ parts. That’s too much power for three people, and if you consider that they’re all town? That’s just plain ridiculous, tyvm.

    If everyone has phasers, why isn’t everyone a vig? Like I said, just because everyone has a way to kill someone doesn’t mean that the host should put in a bunch of players who can kill someone else.

    Okay, sure, I'll say it; it's my belief, anyway. It's impossible for a host to be that stupid.
    All right, time to get into the psychology stuff, why the 1-shotters are "OP" and why that doesn't actually matter at all.

    You have a shot. There's not many people in the game, there's a very small chance you'll hit the Mafia. But why would you risk hitting an important role? So you don't use the power. The power is there so that it isn't used, but it's still a temptation. It's just extremely risky. Soul's a clever host. Which is why I bet he put three roles with a 1-shot kill. Just so that there are 3 cc's, each with the ability to kill one other. It's an incredibly interesting and volatile situation, which is why odds are that the vigs won't shoot before they die. It's too risky.

    Basically literally every point you made against it can also easily be a point for it. Including the massive amounts of hostmeta you're using as a staple for your argument (which is designed to stir emotional response, not necessarily based on logic. I say this because your posts are full of words like "ridiculous" and "stupid").

    You're also taking small points directly and blowing them out of proportion. I know you don't have any knowledge of the Star Trek series (evidence from the Star Trek: Next Generation Mafia), but bear with me. The majority of people on board the Enterprise have phaser training. Only the main characters, however, use them. Checkov, for example, is one of those who uses them often, which is why his 1-shot kill ability makes sense.

    Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

  6. #321
    Moderator harryheart's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Somewhere in Johto...
    Posts
    555

    Default Re: Star Trek: The Original Series Mafia-Day 4(3/6/13)

    I'd like to say they jumped to my defence because there basically want any evidence against me bar ridiculous speculation on stuff that isn't that scummy as you were exactly the same.

    Secondly we're voting DJ due to some of the evidence there is from the phases. I'd like to say that you pushed this as I voted so I didn't die add well! I don't exactly want to die when your have no reason really. Also I don't really want to die...
    Credits to Sweet May and DanChimchar from Serebii
    For the Banner

  7. #322
    Happy mariowie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,483
    Blog Entries
    119

    Default Re: Star Trek: The Original Series Mafia-Day 4(3/6/13)

    Quote Originally Posted by GliscorMan View Post
    okay here we go


    ubuntu is the system for those who start asking questions
    Gone

  8. #323
    Moderator harryheart's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Somewhere in Johto...
    Posts
    555

    Default Re: Star Trek: The Original Series Mafia-Day 4(3/6/13)

    Quote Originally Posted by mariowie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GliscorMan View Post
    okay here we go


    ubuntu is the system for those who start asking questions
    I don't understand what we're looking at here
    Credits to Sweet May and DanChimchar from Serebii
    For the Banner

  9. #324
    shsl music club member Catspring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    862
    Blog Entries
    8
    Add Catspring on Facebook
    Follow Catspring on Tumblr

    Default Re: Star Trek: The Original Series Mafia-Day 4(3/6/13)

    What time does this phase end? I want to know how long we have left. Right now I don't know who to believe...
    @harryheart; I think that's proof of GliscorMan's ability

  10. #325
    Moderator harryheart's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Somewhere in Johto...
    Posts
    555

    Default Re: Star Trek: The Original Series Mafia-Day 4(3/6/13)

    Quote Originally Posted by Nepeta Leijon View Post
    What time does this phase end? I want to know how long we have left. Right now I don't know who to believe...
    @harryheart; I think that's proof of GliscorMan's ability
    Oh I see thank you
    Credits to Sweet May and DanChimchar from Serebii
    For the Banner

  11. #326
    URPG! GliscorMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    2,949
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Star Trek: The Original Series Mafia-Day 4(3/6/13)

    Quote Originally Posted by harryheart View Post
    I'd like to say they jumped to my defence because there basically want any evidence against me bar ridiculous speculation on stuff that isn't that scummy as you were exactly the same.
    Uh, no. You went and found the one post where I didn't say something productive. You, on the other hand, scarcely said anything productive, let alone vote on your own reasoning.

    Secondly we're voting DJ due to some of the evidence there is from the phases. I'd like to say that you pushed this as I voted so I didn't die add well! I don't exactly want to die when your have no reason really. Also I don't really want to die...
    There isn't actually any evidence. In fact, there's actually evidence which points to the fact that he is telling the truth.

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor jokool View Post
    BTW: I did use my ability last night. Not sure why it wasn't in the update....
    This should be a flag to everyone. This is one reason why I think he's clear, and adds another section to my theory. Momoka and Midorikawa had been talking, quite a lot. In fact, Momoka was going off of Mido's logic (or vica versa, I don't remember exactly which). This suggests to me that Momoka knew the Jokool's real claim, and had a Mafia buddy (or herself) roleblock him to increase suspicion.

    All this really interesting stuff happens on pages 9, 10 and 11. I highly suggest that everyone re-read those.

    Basically all Harry just said is that he's voting for Jokool, not because he is scummy, but because Harry doesn't want to die.

    Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

  12. #327
    Entertainment Duelist Momoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    my room
    Posts
    3,526

    Follow Momoka on Tumblr

    Default Re: Star Trek: The Original Series Mafia-Day 4(3/6/13)

    Quote Originally Posted by GliscorMan
    This should be a flag to everyone. This is one reason why I think he's clear, and adds another section to my theory. Momoka and Midorikawa had been talking, quite a lot.
    What makes you say that? All I had talked to her about was jokool and myself. Only about three times, if I recall.

    In fact, Momoka was going off of Mido's logic (or vica versa, I don't remember exactly which). This suggests to me that Momoka knew the Jokool's real claim, and had a Mafia buddy (or herself) roleblock him to increase suspicion.
    I am so confused by your statements right now. I don't know what logic you mean. In fact, this whole thing is making no sense to me.

    all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

  13. #328
    Future Seeker HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,098
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: Star Trek: The Original Series Mafia-Day 4(3/6/13)

    Quote Originally Posted by GliscorMan View Post
    Basically all Harry just said is that he's voting for Jokool, not because he is scummy, but because Harry doesn't want to die.
    That's a lie.

    Quote Originally Posted by harryheart View Post
    Secondly we're voting DJ due to some of the evidence there is from the phases.

  14. #329
    Moderator harryheart's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Somewhere in Johto...
    Posts
    555

    Default Re: Star Trek: The Original Series Mafia-Day 4(3/6/13)

    Quote Originally Posted by GliscorMan View Post
    Basically all Harry just said is that he's voting for Jokool, not because he is scummy, but because Harry doesn't want to die.
    Well I don't

    .......

    And actually I said on what we have he's the most logical to go with as there's still some evidence on him. I'm more than happy to remove my vote on him and vote you as you're acting quite defensive of him right now, when i still don't see how he's 100% cleared. If we vote incorrectly it gives the mafia a win, and it seems as if you just chose me out of the blue without much evidence in a way to secure another death and let the mafia (i.e. you) win.. ?

    EDIT:

    Thank you @HumanDawn;
    Credits to Sweet May and DanChimchar from Serebii
    For the Banner

  15. #330
    Entertainment Duelist Momoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    my room
    Posts
    3,526

    Follow Momoka on Tumblr

    Default Re: Star Trek: The Original Series Mafia-Day 4(3/6/13)

    Completely agreed with harryheart. I wouldn't be as opposed to remove the vote and put it on GliscorMan either, but I see the case on jokool very much and I refuse to do so.

    all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •