Mafia: Star Trek: The Next Generation Mafia (1/24/13) Endgame-Outcasts Win - Page 37

Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Star Trek: The Next Generation Mafia (1/24/13) Endgame-Outcasts Win

Blog Entries

Default Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation Mafia (1/10/13) Day 6-Who are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor jokool View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    Master Mew's actions are really looking scummy right at the moment
    Such as?
    You just voted someone without giving a reason.
    Not scummy, actually. There's nothing scummy about holding your cards while you gauge reactions.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Blog Entries

....... I still find it odd, buuuuut.....

Unvote: Master Mew
    Vote: Mijzelffan

I think our main priority today should be finding out which Bulletproof claim is fake. I'm leaning more towards Mijzelffan since the last cop just happens to die the same night we need a check on him.

Blog Entries

....... I still find it odd, buuuuut.....
    This is one of the great myths of scumhunting. The reality is that there is a huge difference between "odd" and "scummy."

When someone says or does something and you don't understand the reason behind it, it is more often a towntell than a scumtell. Why? Because Scum are usually very rational.

The Scum win-condition is very simple: Eliminate the Townies. They know who the Townies are, and they know exactly how to remove them from the game.

The Townie's win condition is far more complex: Eliminate the Scum, without knowing who they are and without knowing who they can trust and coordinate with.

When someone does something you don't understand, it means they are approaching the game from a different perspective than you are - and yes, it's true that Scum are approaching the game from a different perspective than Townies, but remember that Scum are trying very hard to look like they are approaching the game from the same perspective as Townies. Other Townies, by comparison, don't worry themselves with looking like Townies, they're busy trying to find scum.
    Yato likes this.

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

What an anti-climax.

vote: baron dante

If he's still not modkilled with this low amount of activity he's obviously saying stuff in private.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    What an anti-climax.

If he's still not modkilled with this low amount of activity he's obviously saying stuff in private.
    Okay, I don't like how you're trying to draw attention off of yourself. BD is most likely inactivate, and voting him is just wasting a vote when he most likely will be mod killed soon. I'm now almost positive that you're mafia trying to get the town to waste a day phase.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation Mafia (1/7/13) Night 4-So predictably treacherous!

FinalArcadia suddenly seemed almost positive that Momoka was scum at the end of Night 4. Her original reasoning was this post, although she made many more before the update, always pushing more suspicion on Momoka:

Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    My suspicions are on Momoka.

Her behavior has been pretty odd this game, in my opinion. At least half of her posts are during the Sputnik debacle way back, and I think that is because it was the perfect place for a mafia member to be active. Based on the tide of the game, she could either help lynch Sputnik (who now seems to be believed as a townie) and not be blamed as many others were voting her as well, or she could try to support her to look really good whenever Sputnik may (probably) show up town if lynched or killed.

Since then, she hasn't spoke up much. And even when all that was going on, her behavior seemed odd. Too calm, too diplomatic for her.

I have a feeling that FinalArcadia of all people would know pretty well how to read Momoka, so that adds a bit of weight to her case in my mind.

...Come to think of it, Jokool, the very next post after FinalArcadia's was yours in which you said you agreed with her:

I've had a couple of suspicions, but most of them aren't even worthy of a FoS anymore.

I do agree with FA about Momoka though. It might just be that she's trying a different way to play, but it's still odd.
    Without diving into another banal commentary on how "odd" and "scummy" are not the same, suffice it to say you were suspicious of Momoka then - yet when I voted for her in this phase, your reaction was a chainsaw defense.

What changed your mind about Momoka? After all, I was the first to vote for Momoka - and all the attention had previously been on Mijzelffan and Paperhorse, so there was no need for Mafia bussing. Therefore, I have concluded that if you thought my vote for Momoka was scummy, you are assuming that Momoka is innocent.

You were suspicious of her before, what changed?

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

That is true...

@Momoka;

Still waiting~~~

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    Momoko, what did you think of the Mijzelffan and Paperhorse debacle? You were oddly quiet, and only came now to defend yourself.
    Personally, I didn't have much to say then. Of course, looking back on it, I'm more wary of Mijzelffan rather than Paperhorse. To me, she hasn't exactly done anything anti-town, and really the only thing that messed up her plan she said she had was claiming to Sputnik, who said that claim in thread. Other than that, I haven't seen anything mention worthy. As for Mijzelffan, I find it odd how he didn't claim bulletproof right away but instead did so later, which in my eyes, was slightly suspicious. Two bulletproofs is overpowered, I highly doubt they both are. Unless I missed somewhere that one of them really isn't.

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

Blog Entries

Yeah, and the strongman was oneshot. So, for the sake of getting more activity, who do you think should be lynched?

By the way, @Doctor jokool;, you changed your vote to PH in the previous phase, and then went to vote Mijzelffan again in this phase. Why?

@Mijzelffan;, you seemed to be extremely convinced that PH was lying, and then you went to vote BD. Did you change your mind on PH or are you still suspicious of her?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    ...Come to think of it, Jokool, the very next post after FinalArcadia's was yours in which you said you agreed with her:

I've had a couple of suspicions, but most of them aren't even worthy of a FoS anymore.

I do agree with FA about Momoka though. It might just be that she's trying a different way to play, but it's still odd.
    Without diving into another banal commentary on how "odd" and "scummy" are not the same, suffice it to say you were suspicious of Momoka then - yet when I voted for her in this phase, your reaction was a chainsaw defense.

What changed your mind about Momoka? After all, I was the first to vote for Momoka - and all the attention had previously been on Mijzelffan and Paperhorse, so there was no need for Mafia bussing. Therefore, I have concluded that if you thought my vote for Momoka was scummy, you are assuming that Momoka is innocent.

You were suspicious of her before, what changed?
    I actually forgot about that.... That's what I get for playing multiple games...

And now that I remember, I still think her actions are odd, but I'd like to wait on voting her until we have something more to go on.

By the way, @Doctor jokool;, you changed your vote to PH in the previous phase, and then went to vote Mijzelffan again in this phase. Why?
    Last phase, my head was spinning and I had no idea who to vote for. This phase, I do.

I think our main priority today should be finding out which Bulletproof claim is fake. I'm leaning more towards Mijzelffan since the last cop just happens to die the same night we need a check on him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    What an anti-climax.

Okay, I don't like how you're trying to draw attention off of yourself. BD is most likely inactivate, and voting him is just wasting a vote when he most likely will be mod killed soon. I'm now almost positive that you're mafia trying to get the town to waste a day phase.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Momoka View Post
    Momoko, what did you think of the Mijzelffan and Paperhorse debacle? You were oddly quiet, and only came now to defend yourself.
    Personally, I didn't have much to say then. Of course, looking back on it, I'm more wary of Mijzelffan rather than Paperhorse. To me, she hasn't exactly done anything anti-town, and really the only thing that messed up her plan she said she had was claiming to Sputnik, who said that claim in thread. Other than that, I haven't seen anything mention worthy. As for Mijzelffan, I find it odd how he didn't claim bulletproof right away but instead did so later, which in my eyes, was slightly suspicious. Two bulletproofs is overpowered, I highly doubt they both are. Unless I missed somewhere that one of them really isn't.
    Judging from this vague answer I have to conclude Momoko did not read through the thread at all. Maybe skimmed it at most. Also note how she's trying her best to stay neutral on the issue (not really choosing a side, sorta keeping suspicious of both), that's generally a mafia trait.

@Mijzelffan;, you seemed to be extremely convinced that PH was lying, and then you went to vote BD. Did you change your mind on PH or are you still suspicious of her?
    Yes.

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

Yeah, and the strongman was oneshot. So, for the sake of getting more activity, who do you think should be lynched?
    Honestly, Mijzelffan.

VOTE: Mijzelffan.

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

Blog Entries

Yeah, and Baron Dante was recently modkilled in the DPPT Mafia too. Maybe he's an Independent who needs to live until the end of the game to win? There hasn't been a single independent dead yet, I think. Laying low could be it. And Mijzelffan's case on him was just because he was inactive, which is pretty shitty when you think about it. Especially when he had a stronger case on Paperhorse and insisted that she was the Mafia godfather. Trying to avoid attention perhaps?

I'll VOTE: Mijzelffan again then. Subject to change.

EDIT: of course i get 2 more responses

@mijz

That's true. But then I think she would have enforced the lynched more. She's the type of player that can't make up her mind, so that COULD be it. If you're Town and PH is somehow really Mafia, I'd theorize that she didn't vote for Paperhorse to not risk lynching her.

@momoko

why u no vote mijzelffan before???
    Last edited by HumanDawn; 11th January 2013 at 04:59 PM.

Blog Entries

@momoko

why u no vote mijzelffan before???
    Probably because her neutrality no longer works since she's close to being lynched, so she opts the one lynch more likely to happen than the one on herself.

Blog Entries

I like the Momoka wagon, this needs to happen.

Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast