1. There are 20 roles: 4 dark spirits (mafia), 3 seers (cops), and 1 protector (doc), and 12 regular light spirits.
2. These roles rotate every night, so for example, one person, if they got dark spirit on n0, they would be dark for n0 and d1, and then get a new role on n1.
3. Aside from n0, when I send you the role confirmation (effectively an "are you still playing"), I may not send you a role PM on every night. This means you are just a vanilla townie.
4. Aside from n0, please do not confirm your role in the thread. (But please do this n0).
5. When a host dies, so does the role. So if a seer is lynched, that spirit is gone forever, and you are short one seer.
6. So I don't have to iterate this in the role PMs, here are the actions for each role:
Mafia: Here is the mafia QT for tonight: [link]. Tonight you and your gang may kill one light spirit. Please denote this by saying Kill: [name] in your QT, and that person will be killed that night.
Cop: Tonight you may see the true alliance of a spirit. To do this, send me a PM stating Check: [name] and I will tell you their alignment at sunrise.
Doc: Tonight you may save one spirit from the dark spirits. To do this send me a PM stating Save: [name] and that person will be safe from the dark spirits.
7. As people may try to play to one side or another, I have instituted a point system in order to determine the winner of the game:
Lynching/Killing the doctor: 6 points
Lynching/Killing the cop: 3 points
Lynching a townie: 1 points
Checking a mafia: 4 points
Saving someone: 8 points
For all townies:
Lynching a mafia: 4 points
The player ("host") with the most points at the end of the game wins.
8. It's strictly prohibited to post your role pm in this thread, or anywhere else. Doing this results into modkill. The same goes for any pm's received by me. However, feel free to roleclaim, in fact, I encourage it!
9. Other things I will modkill for: cheating, inactivity, and unsportsmanlike conduct.
10. If you're gonna be inactive, you might not want to sign up. I will use an iron fist on this rule, and I will replace you when you're inactive for 5+ phases in a row. If you have a prearranged long absence, then you can be absent. I will also send you a PM after 4 phases asking if you want to continue playing.
11. No posting in this thread regularly once you're dead. I will enforce this one as much as I can. And if you're dead, no giving away information, please. You can post a “bah” post, though.
12. I'd like a copy of all game related pm's. The same goes for any quicktopics created. (Oh, and town, this rule helps you, so make sure you forward all your PMs to me)
13. The game consists of many phases. Each phase (a day or night) consists of 24 hours. At 10 PM EDT a phase will end, and I will update. Make sure you've sent me your night actions by then! (3AM GMT).
14. Every day you can vote someone off (lynching). To vote, say vote: [person]. To change your vote, you will say unvote: [person] vote: [person2] If two people get an equal amount of votes, no one will get lynched.
15. If you change your name, please say so in the thread. Otherwise things can get very confusing for everyone.
16. The moderator can add or remove rules as he sees fit.