Mafia: Space Race Mafia - Day 4 - Project Apollo (2/6/2013) - Page 7

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Space Race Mafia - Day 4 - Project Apollo (2/6/2013)

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulmaster On Twitter
    Visit Soulmaster's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Space Race Mafia - Day 3 - Project Gemini (1/30/2013)

Whoops yup I missed DB's vote. stupid page breaks.

Credit for the Banner goes to Pyradox. Link to URPG stats
    Mafia Win/Lose Tally
    Black FC: 1506 9762 7606: White 2 FC: 2967-6420-8683: My Fanclub
    Winner of LOST mafia, My Little Pony: Friendship is Mafia 2, Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mafia, Fos Ro Mafia, Legendary Pokemon Mafia, War Room Mafia 5, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Mafia, Pokemon Movie Mafia
    Writer's Workshop Moderator

Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    @Phoenicks I am already as "riled" with everyone as I can get, your seemingly random vote for Soulmaster after I'd asked for your thoughts was no more or less disappointing than the silence I'd been getting before and anticipated again.
    If you didn't like my silence, why didn't you chastise me like you did with the others?

Edit: I don't feel like beating around the bush so, just so we're clear, are you saying that your vote for Soulmaster was a reaction test (this much is obvious) and that I failed that reaction test by not finding it suspicious? Because I'm not the sort to say, "He voted without a reason, srs scumtell rite thar," and I think you know that. Announcing that I failed a reaction test for not giving a reaction that you know I wouldn't genuinely give, however, I do find suspicious.
    And you know that I wouldn't suspect someone on grounds that base.

Come on, you have to have known I'd say ^that.

The announcement of the reaction test is also, cyclically, a reaction test itself.

In post #76 I insulted the Scumteam, calling them pathetic, then announced a Town-read on Phoenicks, reasoning that he is not pathetic. If he is Town, then I insulted the Scum-team and complimented Phoenicks in that post, but if he is Scum then I insulted the Scum-team and doubly insulted Phoenicks.
    Nice one.

If I respond aggressively that means that I've been offended in some way, implying that your "Phoenicks is scum" meta is correct.

If I don't respond aggressively then I let the accusation stand that I have become active because I was offended = therefore scum.

I doff my hat at you, sir.

Blog Entries

Ah, so you would postulate that my reaction test was not a reaction test at all, but rather entrapment?

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Blog Entries

What would a "correct" answer have looked like?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post
    To accept the townread I had on you instead of deliberately running afoul of it.

I suspect that you, if Scum, would not want to skate to victory under that particular townread - I figured you'd take it if it were true, though.

As always, "Nice reaction test," would have been an acceptable response, as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post
    To accept the townread I had on you instead of deliberately running afoul of it.

I suspect that you, if Scum, would not want to skate to victory under that particular townread - I figured you'd take it if it were true, though.

As always, "Nice reaction test," would have been an acceptable response, as well.
    You're also implying that, if I were scum, I'd deliberately reject your towntell and put myself into a position that could only make me look scummier.

Blog Entries

Are you implying that you would only do that as Town?

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Sorry about the late update, I was in Baltimore all day yesterday.

I'm going to hold off on the flavor text today since today's death will go perfectly with my Project Gemini flavor text. I'll leave you in suspense until the end of the night phase.

It is now Night 3. Do your night stuff and don't post in thread. This phase will end at 11:00 PM EST on February 4.
    That's nice.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Space Race Mafia - Night 3 - Project Gemini (1/30/2013)

I'm sorry people, I thought it was the day phase for some reason x_x

Now that both sides had sent a human into orbit, it was time to kick it up a notch. On May 25 1961, American president John F. Kennedy promised in a famous speech to achieve the goal of "landing a man on the Moon and returning him safely to the Earth" before 1970. This put a lot of pressure on NASA to produce results quickly. There are many complications that need to be worked out with landing a person on the moon, and these were partially worked out with the introduction of Project Gemini.

The Gemini capsule was designed to test several things. It would send a crew of more than one into space, it allowed a crew member to perform a space walk, and it tested space docking capabilities which would be necessary for the future moon landing program. The first manned flight of the Gemini program was on March 23 1965, and the first space walk in the Gemini program launched on June 3, 1965.

However, the Soviets had already beaten them to both of these accomplishments. For their second generation space craft, the Voskhod, they basically stripped down the Vostok space craft and made it fit three people. In order to do this, they removed many safety features which were taking up a lot of space, such as the launch escape system and space suits. Using this, they were able to launch the first manned Voskhod mission with a crew of three cosmonauts on October 13, 1964. Korolev made sure that the cosmonauts were aware of the risks, and they agreed to do it anyway.

The first Soviet space walk took place on March 18, 1965. The Soviet method for getting a cosmonaut outside the spacecraft was a bit more sophisticated than the Americans'. For the Gemini space walk, the entire capsule was depressurized and the hatch was opened, allowing the tethered astronaut to go outside. For the Voskhod space walk, they actually set up a fabric airlock which the cosmonaut would climb into before performing his space walk so that the spacecraft itself could remain pressurized.

The first cosmonaut to perform a space walk was Alexei Leonov. He got out smoothly enough, but once he was outside, disaster struck. A failure in his space suit caused it to balloon up, restricting his movement. Untested thermal protection caused his suit to heat up uncomfortably in the unshielded sunlight. As his ballooning suit filled with sweat, he made one final gambit: he bled off some of his air in order to reduce the suit's pressure. As his suit shrunk to a more normal size, he made his final mistake, he tried to go into the airlock feet first when it was designed to be entered head first. He got stuck when he tried to get back inside, so he had to go out and try to come back in. Unfortunately it was too late, the spacecraft was ready to re-enter the atmosphere. With his air running out and his suit beginning to balloon again, he had no choice but to disconnect his tether and crack the cyanide capsule behind his teeth.

Sergei Korolev's health had been unstable ever since his time in the Kolyma gulag. In 1960 he suffered his first heart attack, and it was discovered that he was also suffering from a kidney disorder. The exact circumstances of his death remain uncertain. He died nine days after a routine surgery on January 14 1966 of what turned out to be a large cancerous tumor in his abdomen.

It is now Day 4. Please vote on who you want to lynch. Three votes are required for a majority. If a majority is not reached, then the phase will end at 11:00 PM EST on February 9.
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Re: Space Race Mafia - Day 4 - Project Apollo (2/6/2013)

I have a bad feeling about this. Last time in a small mafia, MM and Phoenicks were both mafias who were looking townish. I have a feeling one of them is mafia again, and I'm voting for
    vote: Master Mew
    For pressuring for reads

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    I have a bad feeling about this. Last time in a small mafia, MM and Phoenicks were both mafias who were looking townish. I have a feeling one of them is mafia again, and I'm voting for
    vote: Master Mew
    For pressuring for reads
    Isn't that a good thing? It helped me get a townread on you, as well.

EDIT:

You should know that, if you are Town, you've just given the Mafia the Hammer. It takes three votes to hammer, so if you're Town you've just left room for the two Scum to swoop in, hammer me before anyone knows what's happening, and end the game.

All because I was pressuring for reads.
    @Dark Blueberry;
    Last edited by Master Mew; 7th February 2013 at 03:09 AM.

Blog Entries

Hm... a day and a half later I haven't been quickhammered.

Either Scum aren't paying attention, or one of us is Scum. I'll check my role pm later because it would be hilarious if I had been scum this whole time and not known it, but for now:

Vote: Dark Blueberry

Hey, here's a wacky idea: Playing the game you signed up for.

This phase is kind of important.
    Last edited by Master Mew; 8th February 2013 at 11:51 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

@Master Mew; @TheMissingno.; I'm going out of town for two days or so. I'll probably have limited Internet access, so I'll leave my vote as it is.

Blog Entries

@Master Mew; @TheMissingno.; I'm going out of town for two days or so. I'll probably have limited Internet access, so I'll leave my vote as it is.
    I hope you're scum, then, because if you're Town we have to have your vote to win this game in LYLO.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I hope you're scum, then, because if you're Town we have to have your vote to win this game in LYLO.
    meh
    unvote: Master Mew

I think we should vote someone else. Let's see...
    Vote:twinArmageddons
    No reason. For being on the top of the player list
    @twinArmageddons;

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast