Mafia: Space Race Mafia - Day 4 - Project Apollo (2/6/2013) - Page 6

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Space Race Mafia - Day 4 - Project Apollo (2/6/2013)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Space Race Mafia - Day 3 - Project Gemini (1/30/2013)

No one is talking. This phase really is do or die, guys, if we no lynch again we'll have no available mislynches (don't get me wrong, I wouldn't up and give up if that happened, why plan on mislynching, after all? ).

At this point, I'd be comfortable with lynching anyone who isn't scumhunting, since frankly they'll be no help in LYLO anyway. The trouble is that that's pretty much everyone at the moment.

I'm going to go out on a couple limbs here, since things are getting dire:

1.) I'm going to assume that, since we failed to get a hammer on both Day 1 and Day 2, one of our previous lynch targets was probably Scum. If I had to pick one, I'm leaning toward Dark Blueberry (even though I seem to be lynching Dark Blueberry a lot lately ).

Unvote: TM40 Aerial Ace
    Vote: Dark Blueberry

@Dark Blueberry

2.) I'm going to assume that Phoenicks is probably Town - not because of anything particularly pro-town that he's done, but because he has contributed to the inactivity that plagues this game, and inactivity is a really pathetic way to win as Mafia - not a route I would expect him to take. He is not confirmed, but I have opted to trust him. If only as a necessary evil, as I really need somebody to work with, here.

@Phoenicks Talk to me, sir. What are your thoughts?

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

@Master Mew; Yes - I am getting lynched all the time in pretty much all mafia games, and did you realize that I'm town in every single game I was lynched for reasons that were pretty much boosted by you? But that's other games anyways.

Well, in fact - pathetic or not, it's the town's fault for inactivity if they lose. The mafia aren't stupid enough to just let the phases slide because nobody is talking. They'd win anyways, just like in the past games. I remember where in a game I was an OP mafia vs inactive town, and the mafia barely had to do anything to win. And guess what, Phoenicks was part of the mafia team. He didn't do anything much, and same goes to the rest of the mafias. I think it was Mages mafia or something... but yeah. It's not the first time he's been inactive as a mafia - if he is actually trying to use it to his advantage. See - look how you're more opted to believe him, it could be exactly what he's luring you in for because you're influential, and by getting you to talk and vote people would follow your wagon. That's just my thought, but anyways.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    @Master Mew; Yes - I am getting lynched all the time in pretty much all mafia games, and did you realize that I'm town in every single game I was lynched for reasons that were pretty much boosted by you? But that's other games anyways.
    That reason being a lack of scumhunting. Scumhunting is the primary purpose of a Townie, so I do tend to assume that someone whose scumhunting is absent or insincere is more likely to be Scum.

Well, in fact - pathetic or not, it's the town's fault for inactivity if they lose. The mafia aren't stupid enough to just let the phases slide because nobody is talking. They'd win anyways, just like in the past games. I remember where in a game I was an OP mafia vs inactive town, and the mafia barely had to do anything to win. And guess what, Phoenicks was part of the mafia team. He didn't do anything much, and same goes to the rest of the mafias. I think it was Mages mafia or something... but yeah. It's not the first time he's been inactive as a mafia - if he is actually trying to use it to his advantage. See - look how you're more opted to believe him, it could be exactly what he's luring you in for because you're influential, and by getting you to talk and vote people would follow your wagon. That's just my thought, but anyways.
    Do you think Phoenicks is Scum?

Edit: Seriously, call someone scum and I'll unvote you. In fact, if that someone is non-me, I'll even sheep you. Just scumhunt, please. @Dark Blueberry

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    That reason being a lack of scumhunting. Scumhunting is the primary purpose of a Townie, so I do tend to assume that someone whose scumhunting is absent or insincere is more likely to be Scum.
    Which - clearly, by the recent events of lynching me, and seeing the results of my roles flipping town - proves that one is not necessarily scum even if they haven't been scumhunting much.
    Do you think Phoenicks is Scum?
    [/quote]
    No. I can't tell by those wall posts just yet. But he is certainly one mafia player to look out for because of excellent analyzing, and I assume he knows what will result in anti-town behavior, and is good at avoiding it as well. Because unless the mafia kills Phoenicks early on, nobody actually questions him until it is late in the game.

Blog Entries

Which - clearly, by the recent events of lynching me, and seeing the results of my roles flipping town - proves that one is not necessarily scum even if they haven't been scumhunting much.
    I have not said, nor will I ever, that not scumhunting makes someone "necessarily scum." It is absolutely anti-town, however, and makes one more likely to be scum, which is all I said - and also all one needs to justify a lynch.

If someone isn't scumhunting, then they are not, by definition, helping to catch scum. Therefore, they are not helping the Town achieve its Win-Condition. Therefore they are anti-town. Therefore lynching them is worth the risk.

They still might be Town, because sometimes Townies are anti-town. Doesn't really invalidate my point, however.

No. I can't tell by those wall posts just yet. But he is certainly one mafia player to look out for because of excellent analyzing, and I assume he knows what will result in anti-town behavior, and is good at avoiding it as well. Because unless the mafia kills Phoenicks early on, nobody actually questions him until it is late in the game.
    Of all the players in this game, pick one person who you feel is the most likely to flip scum (even if the "most" likely still feels unlikely). Who is the scummiest, or most anti-town, person from your perspective?

I'm not even joking, I want to work with you. Pick someone who you think is scum, vote them (unless the answer is Zima, in which case, just leave your vote where it is ), and I will help you lynch them. We worked well together in Madoka Mafia and I really do want to work with you here, but you need to give me something to work with.

Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Vote: Soulmaster

100% scum

Blog Entries

@Dark Blueberry How do you feel about Soulmaster?

Blog Entries

Hello? Anyone?

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

If I HAD to pick someone, I'd choose either @Master Mew;, or @Zima;. @Phoenicks; is on my suspect list as well, but that's mostly because he's a player that needs watching. As for MM and Zima, they had chosen to comment on my careful wordings...

...meh. Whatever. Eventually, ultimately in the end, I just chose them because they selected me as vote targets. You voted me, I voted you. Soulmaster and Twins hadn't posted much so I can't say anything about them. This is a really tough game... normally, I usually get 'vibes', not 'reads'. That saying, I don't target people unless I 'feel' someone might be mafia. Yes, I'm not psychic, but if my intuition doesn't point me in any direction, I can't really choose who to target.

Blog Entries

Well, I'll take what I can get.

Phoenicks is a townread of mine, and I'm not voting for myself, so that leaves Zima of your three FoS'. I'm a man of my word, so:

Unvote: Dark Blueberry
    Vote: Zima

Blog Entries

Okay this is strikingly pathetic -- doesn't randomly voting someone with no stated intentions rile someone?

Let's lynch an inactive -- here defined as anyone not currently posting for the sake of everyone is inactive.

I just switched 13 time zones and went from America to China and I'm showing up.

To be honest right now I'm a little surprised by Master Mew's reaction -- or lack of one. Considering his exasperation at prodding multiple players to show up and witnessing me post a meaningless vote, I expected more. He wanted to sheep. I am engaging my willing suspension of belief for the moment for the sake of: WE NEED A LYNCH AND IT'S TIME TO SHOW UP EVERYBODY.

If you're not posting, you might as well be playing for the mafia.

@Phoenicks; is on my suspect list as well, but that's mostly because he's a player that needs watching.
    You put me on a suspects list for behavior you admit isn't suspicious.

This is not what scumhunting looks like.

...meh. Whatever. Eventually, ultimately in the end, I just chose them because they selected me as vote targets. You voted me, I voted you. Soulmaster and Twins hadn't posted much so I can't say anything about them. This is a really tough game... normally, I usually get 'vibes', not 'reads'. That saying, I don't target people unless I 'feel' someone might be mafia. Yes, I'm not psychic, but if my intuition doesn't point me in any direction, I can't really choose who to target.
    You can't play in the absence of information. Voting does not only come after the creation of information. Voting creates information. If you wait for other people to act before forming your opinions, you will never find any opinions to form.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    Well, I'll take what I can get.

Phoenicks is a townread of mine, and I'm not voting for myself, so that leaves Zima of your three FoS'. I'm a man of my word, so:

Unvote: Dark Blueberry
    For now, fine.

Unvote: Soulmaster

If you disagree with this lynch, please post saying so.

Blog Entries

@Phoenicks I am already as "riled" with everyone as I can get, your seemingly random vote for Soulmaster after I'd asked for your thoughts was no more or less disappointing than the silence I'd been getting before and anticipated again.

I'd already said I thought we could have Scum between Soulmaster and Dark Blueberry so I asked DB what she thought of your vote - I'd went to great lengths to get her to scumhunt and would have settled for her sheeping you.

At this point everyone looks equally anti-town to me so I was fairly indifferent, I'm up for a lynch on anyone who hasn't bothered to really play this game.

Edit: I don't feel like beating around the bush so, just so we're clear, are you saying that your vote for Soulmaster was a reaction test (this much is obvious) and that I failed that reaction test by not finding it suspicious? Because I'm not the sort to say, "He voted without a reason, srs scumtell rite thar," and I think you know that. Announcing that I failed a reaction test for not giving a reaction that you know I wouldn't genuinely give, however, I do find suspicious.
    Last edited by Master Mew; 2nd February 2013 at 02:52 PM.

Blog Entries

@TM40 Aerial Ace; @twinArmageddons; @Soulmaster;

Please either hammer or explain why you aren't.

Edit: Speaking of reaction tests, Phoenicks is drifting out of the Town-read column.

In post #76 I insulted the Scumteam, calling them pathetic, then announced a Town-read on Phoenicks, reasoning that he is not pathetic. If he is Town, then I insulted the Scum-team and complimented Phoenicks in that post, but if he is Scum then I insulted the Scum-team and doubly insulted Phoenicks.

His response was to immediately initiate a reaction test meant to draw suspicion. The question is, was he trying to draw suspicion to dodge a nightkill, or out of annoyance that I took a pass at him with a cheap Town-read?

Food for thought.
    Last edited by Master Mew; 2nd February 2013 at 07:26 PM.

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulmaster On Twitter
    Visit Soulmaster's Youtube Channel

I can hammer. But aren't we still 1 short?

Credit for the Banner goes to Pyradox. Link to URPG stats
    Mafia Win/Lose Tally
    Black FC: 1506 9762 7606: White 2 FC: 2967-6420-8683: My Fanclub
    Winner of LOST mafia, My Little Pony: Friendship is Mafia 2, Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mafia, Fos Ro Mafia, Legendary Pokemon Mafia, War Room Mafia 5, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Mafia, Pokemon Movie Mafia
    Writer's Workshop Moderator

Blog Entries

Nope, four out of seven is a majority. We are now in Twilight.

Edit: Slight townread on Soulmaster for that hammer, and for pointing out that he thought we needed one more vote.

Slight townread on Dark Blueberry for her exasperated tone under the pressure wagon earlier, despite her reluctance to commit to any hard reads.

Null on twinArmageddons.

Wary of Aerial Ace.

Wary of Phoenicks.
    Last edited by Master Mew; 2nd February 2013 at 09:42 PM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast