The Situation Room - Talk about the games or anything! - Page 609

Page 609 of 656 FirstFirst ... 109509559599607608609610611619 ... LastLast
Results 9,121 to 9,135 of 9829
Like Tree3328Likes

Thread: The Situation Room - Talk about the games or anything!

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Situation Room - Talk about the games or anything!

Not really. People just like to talk about different things. Due to the dynamic nature of the thread topic, the topic statistically isn't always going to be something that you're interested in. It has nothing to do with karma.
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

I meant that as a joke. ^^

But yeah, I don't expect everyone to like the same things as me anyway. I just find it interesting that Korra and Avatar seem so universally loved on this forum.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Do you not like them, or have you just never seen them?
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

I watched some of A:TLA back when it was originally on TV. But I didn't care for it much. Korra I haven't actually watched, since I figured it wouldn't be my cup of tea either.

I mean, I can understand why people would like them, since the animation quality is pretty high, and it seems to have a decent enough plot. It's just personally not my thing.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by America* View Post
    Well, yeah. Korra also deals with older teenagers and it's a lot more serious than A:TLA.

TLOK is a seventeen(?)-year-old girl learning to deal with problems such as Equalist riots, crime, political corruption, and not to mention the whole love triangle thing.

A:TLA is about a twelve-year-old having fun while mastering four elements. There is the whole Ozai thing and morals do play a part, especially when it comes to
    Actually, when you think about it ATLA is a LOT more dark than I think people want to admit. The world has been at war for 100 years. All the current generation knows is fighting. Children have had to grow up without mothers or fathers and have had to take on the responsibilities themselves. Aang's journey is about him becoming the Avatar, and it is a lot of fun, but it deals with the topics of love, loss, war, death, moral dilemmas, right and wrong, sacrifice, preaches against sexism, and creates some truly horrifying scenes when you realize that Azula and co. are 14 year old sociopaths.

EDIT: FA, I suggest giving the show another go. When I first saw it I didn't care about it much either, until I sat down and watched the whole season and loved every minute. I was older and had better insight to the show. Also I was to the point where I didn't care if my mother hated it...
    FinalArcadia likes this.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

shsl music club member Catspring's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Catspring on Facebook
    Follow Catspring on Tumblr

I loved Avatar as soon as I heard about it.
    It was years ago, my cousin sat me down and explained the plot and first episode in great detail.
    The next day I went and bought the entire first season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakeshi View Post
    EDIT: FA, I suggest giving the show another go. When I first saw it I didn't care about it much either, until I sat down and watched the whole season and loved every minute. I was older and had better insight to the show. Also I was to the point where I didn't care if my mother hated it...
    I hadn't thought about that, but being older now, you're right. I might appreciate it a bit more. Once I'm caught up on some other shows, I might give it another shot. ^^

Blog Entries

It's the plot, the characters, and the tone that people like. I don't know anyone who watches it for the animation.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

Follow Shinobu on Tumblr

It's the plot, the characters, and the tone that people like. I don't know anyone who watches it for the animation.
    People don't necessarily watch it for the animation, but the series is known partially for its aesthetic.

Ah Korra. At first that series was hilariously bad. Then it just became bad.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Actually, when you think about it ATLA is a LOT more dark than I think people want to admit. The world has been at war for 100 years. All the current generation knows is fighting. Children have had to grow up without mothers or fathers and have had to take on the responsibilities themselves. Aang's journey is about him becoming the Avatar, and it is a lot of fun, but it deals with the topics of love, loss, war, death, moral dilemmas, right and wrong, sacrifice, preaches against sexism, and creates some truly horrifying scenes when you realize that Azula and co. are 14 year old sociopaths.
    While it's true that the situations are overwhelmingly negative, the overall tone of the show was much more light hearted than Korra. Although it deals with serious issues, when you sit down and watch an episode of TLA, you see a group of kids travelling the countryside looking for adventure. When you watch an episode of Korra, you see the harshness of city life and the consequences of a united world.
    That's nice.

Hi Rayne's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries

I was rather apathetic toward Avatar for a while but then I gave ATLAB a shot because @Kthleen; was always talking about it and made it sound interesting so I figured I'd try it too.

Funny story about that ^^;

When I finally went to check the series out I ended up watching the LAST episode with Aang vs Ozai and thought "wow this reminds me of Dragonball Z, but this fighting animation is really slick, why don't I see if there's more"

Watching more, I stayed for the plot/adventuring/slice of life themes despite spoiling the ending for myself.

(though I didn't really ruin the ending since the showdown is a pretty obvious conclusion from the first episode)

Oh and came across this

-In Simple Harmony-

Blog Entries

I watch Korra, but I don't care enough to watch any more of Airbender, which I have seen some episodes of.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I remember that, Rayne :) Turns out she CAN act.

I thought Korra was pretty good. A few minor grumbles, but pretty good watching. The characterization for some could use a little work though.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I remember that, Rayne :) Turns out she CAN act.
    Yeah, it bothers me when people blame crappy movies on bad actors. People blame the actor who played Aang for being bad as well. How the fuck do you know? He had like 6 lines, he never even got to act.

The same goes for the Star Wars prequel films. I won't accept anyone trying to tell me that Liam Neeson, Ewan McGregor, Samuel L. Jackson, Natalie Portman, etc. are bad actors. They're obviously not, they've all been spectacular in other films. When you're working with a crappy screenplay, a crappy director, and only interacting with a green screen 90% of the time instead of actual people or settings, it's impossible to perform well.
    That's nice.

Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

Just coming in to say how both avatar series are amazing. And that movie was just awful, although I agree wth missy, you can't really blame the actors (although Sokka's.. lol) when the awful... everything else was not allowing the film to be good.