The Situation Room - Talk about the games or anything! - Page 4

Page 4 of 656 FirstFirst ... 234561454104504 ... LastLast
Like Tree3328Likes

Thread: The Situation Room - Talk about the games or anything!

shhhhh.
    Blog Entries

Follow Parma on Tumblr

Default Re: The Situation Room

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    2 questions:

1- Did you think that the idea of having a mafia allied with the Town and a Townperson allied with mafia in my last game was a good idea? Should it have been done differently?
    These roles were good in practice. I'd like to see other players try and pull off their winning conditions. :D

As for it being done differently, I look at Iteru's role in that game. He had to win if he was the last person standing with his teammates dead [iirc]. The ideal town playstyle wouldn't work so well.

The playstyles would have to change, I tell you that.

2- Would you enjoy playing a game where instead of killing people at night, the mafia would convert one person each night, until the mafia was either eliminated or outnumbered the town?
    Why does this remind me of Food mafia? Oh right, because that one had a cult.

@Hellion;

Oh, INSTEAD of kills! If that is the case, then I can see this going either way. I trust the mafia will have the usual minority handle if this is implemented?

Regarding the town in this subset of mafia: since the root winning cause is always "when you've eliminated all unfriendly threats", then you'd have to give the town extra firepower to combat the converters. Lynch by day, have some vigilante out at night. Or even a neutral killer?

Quote Originally Posted by The Puppetmaster View Post
    I think that would work if both the innocents and the mafia had equal numbers to start with. However, during the day phases, only the real innocents' votes would count (but the mafia could still vote; their votes just wouldn't do anything).It sounds like a cool idea.
    I recall this from a certain Buffy the Vampire Slayer game.

Wait. Both the innocents and mafia having equal numbers to start with gives the mafia a better chance of winning.
    the vile, wandering one sneaks up

Blog Entries

But there is a 50/50 chance of getting a mafia, unless all of the mafia are stealthier than anything.
    The Puppetmaster likes this.
    FCs- HG: 4426 5257 0152 Pt: 0131 7157 4821 W: 3095 6620 2000 W2: 1851 0568 6600

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TFSpock View Post
    Sigh, looks like I'm gonna start VMing/PMing people too. I just don't want to seem like a tick.
    The sad thing is, that sometimes doesn't help. I PMed 25 people for mine and I only have 10 sign-ups :/ I honestly have no clue how I can get the members without trying that again later.

Hi Rayne's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries

2 questions:

1- Did you think that the idea of having a mafia allied with the Town and a Townperson allied with mafia in my last game was a good idea? Should it have been done differently?
    I'd still like to see the mechanics of such a role play out. I gave something like that to Mintaka but the role was unfortunately killed the first night XP

I think it's an interesting dynamic to feed info between party lines. If both sides are blind to the true mechanics of the role, then the strategies involved when one find out could make or break the game. The only other similar analog was Coasting Wingull from Ryuu's game.

2- Would you enjoy playing a game where instead of killing people at night, the mafia would convert one person each night, until the mafia was either eliminated or outnumbered the town?
    I could totally see a grey goo theme playing to that.

-In Simple Harmony-

Blog Entries

How effective would a mafia game be if the identities wasn't revealed upon death? I'm thinking of adding this bit since I have a reviving ability in my next game and it would be unfair to a particular side if the reviver could just revive a person of their same alliance since it's made public. (Townie reviving someone after finding out they're town through the update)
    New Track: Going Up

Winner of the Most Creative Host, Fair Hosting & Best Mafia Series Awards for the War Room Awards 2012.

Blog Entries

I played "Deserted Island" mafia by Phoenicks, he dindt reveal the roles during the updates but he did have all the roles on the OP, including a few extras from where the mafia was able to claim...it was a pretty good game really. So I say it works.
    My life is a nightmare

The Hero You Never Needed Neonsands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hey everyone who hasn't joined my mafia. You should do so. I have a lot of newer players in there, and giving them some guidance would be super cool of you veterans. Okay, thanks :)

Link is in the sig.

shhhhh.
    Blog Entries

Follow Parma on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by J J M View Post
    How effective would a mafia game be if the identities wasn't revealed upon death? I'm thinking of adding this bit since I have a reviving ability in my next game and it would be unfair to a particular side if the reviver could just revive a person of their same alliance since it's made public. (Townie reviving someone after finding out they're town through the update)
    Or you don't have to announce the revivee. You can just be like "SOMETHING HAS HAPPENED! Someone was revived!"

Just don't break the role, kay? Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    II think it's an interesting dynamic to feed info between party lines. If both sides are blind to the true mechanics of the role, then the strategies involved when one find out could make or break the game. The only other similar analog was Coasting Wingull from Ryuu's game.
    ...and if they know of how the role works? Would it turn into just a regular mafia or a new strategical involvement? Hmm.
    the vile, wandering one sneaks up

Default Re: Mafia Hosting Station [Hosting Rules/Signups/Currently Running]

Just a question...sorry if this is the wrong thread...

Has anyone ever ran a real life mafia game or have any suggestions? I am thinking of running one at Band Camp...
    FCs: Heart Gold: 1892-8730-9569; White: 1549-4836-0020

Hi Rayne's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries

I think @hurristat has run a few and I'm sure a few other members here have.

Quote Originally Posted by parma View Post

...and if they know of how the role works? Would it turn into just a regular mafia or a new strategical involvement? Hmm.
    It depends on the role's winning conditions and I imagine the better tailored they are, the more involved this new strategy element would be. I tried to balance my double spy role by letting the one informed mafia have the opportunity to kill the role on their whim.

The mafia may know something is up, but they don't specifically know how detrimental it is to them or not. The strategy would force the double spy to work their best to please both lines while staying under cover. It also puts pressure on that one mafia that has the capability of dispatching that player. Would they be killing a teammate or would it be well worth the risk?

Ah gotta love tough decisions in mafia.

-In Simple Harmony-

Blog Entries

What are some good ways to get people to join your mafia game? I have a little over a day to get at least 2 spots filled, but I want to get close to all 7.
    My multiple point of view Hunger Games Story

Winner of MLP Mafia, Simpsons Mafia, War Room Mafia 2, Pokemon Mafia: Kodomo Ne, Companions Quartet Mafia, LOST Mafia, Hunger Games Mafia, and Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs Mafia, Havendale 2 Mafia, Twilight Mafia, Supernatural Mafia, Magic of Gardonia Mafia, and Disgaea Mafia.

Host of Bloodshed in Blackthorn, Family Guy Mafia, Assassins Creed Revelations Mafia, and Fus Ro Mafia.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian of Johto View Post
    Has anyone ever ran a real life mafia game or have any suggestions? I am thinking of running one at Band Camp...
    I have played the Werewolves variant IRL before. You can buy actual werewolves cards or use a regular deck of cards where you attribute each figure a role.

Roles were usually 1 Werewolf/Mafioso for every 3 townspeople, 1 role who can see someone's card each night, 1 role who had a one shot killing ability, 1 role with a one-shot save ability, 1 role who would pair two players who would die if one was eliminated, 1 role who could peek at the Werewolves/Mafia when everyone else's eyes were closed, 1 role who could eliminate someone else when he died. The rest were Vanilla Townies. You also had a double vote that was mobile, i.e. a card that changed possesion each Day phase.

Phases were like regular mafia. During the Day phase, you had a 5-10 minutes discussion depending on how many players you have in the game, then a vote. The Game master would call each player's name and the other players would raise their hands if they wanted to vote for that person. At night, everyone closes their eyes and each role is called to open their eyes in this order.

- Cupid (Night one only)
    - Lovers (Night one only, to identiy each other)
    - Cop/Psychic (Every night)
    - Mafia/Werewolves (Every Night - The peeker can peek at that time)
    - One-shot save ability (Called out every night until power is used)
    - One-shot kill ability (Called out every night until power is used)

And then the cycle begins again!

Hope that helps you.

@DrumBeats Have you tried PMing some of the War Room regulars that haven't yet signed up for your game?

Blog Entries

I did that when I firest started the game, and I feel like a pest doing it twice :/ I'm probably going to have to do that though if I want to start it though since I'm not having much sucess at all without doing it.
    My multiple point of view Hunger Games Story

Winner of MLP Mafia, Simpsons Mafia, War Room Mafia 2, Pokemon Mafia: Kodomo Ne, Companions Quartet Mafia, LOST Mafia, Hunger Games Mafia, and Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs Mafia, Havendale 2 Mafia, Twilight Mafia, Supernatural Mafia, Magic of Gardonia Mafia, and Disgaea Mafia.

Host of Bloodshed in Blackthorn, Family Guy Mafia, Assassins Creed Revelations Mafia, and Fus Ro Mafia.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by parma View Post
    Or you don't have to announce the revivee. You can just be like "SOMETHING HAS HAPPENED! Someone was revived!"

Just don't break the role, kay? Good.
    What about the list at the start of the thread? That would tell who was revived anyway...
    New Track: Going Up

Winner of the Most Creative Host, Fair Hosting & Best Mafia Series Awards for the War Room Awards 2012.

Blog Entries

Follow hurristat on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian of Johto View Post
    Just a question...sorry if this is the wrong thread...

I have run quite a few IRL mafia games.

What I tend to do is stick to the basics -- just cop, doc, and mafia. Usually just stick with one cop and one doc. The curve for numbers of mafia being 4-5 players: 1; 6-8: 2; 9-12: 3; 13-16: 4; etc.

Page 4 of 656 FirstFirst ... 234561454104504 ... LastLast