The Situation Room - Talk about the games or anything! - Page 3

Page 3 of 656 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast
Like Tree3328Likes

Thread: The Situation Room - Talk about the games or anything!

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Situation Room

did that, is not really working. I guess people are just not interested playing a game hosted by me. Life moves on.
    My life is a nightmare

Blog Entries

I was looking forward to it. Good luck getting the members.

Blog Entries

I was just wondering as to how much the theme of a mafia game affects if people decide to play or not? Recently I've found I've been fussy when it comes down to themes.

Blog Entries

I think it has to do with it a decent amount. When you look, the Scott Pilgrim one got a lot people instantly, andc still has time to get the others, while, for example, the total drama mafia got less because it is a less known series.

The one I'm doing is pokemon themed because I figure that's popular in a pokemon forum. My other idea is for a pretty popular game so I'm not worried about it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sourcandy View Post
    did that, is not really working. I guess people are just not interested playing a game hosted by me. Life moves on.
    Have you...

- Tweeted about it in the War Room and Bulbagarden's twitters?
    - Blogged about it?
    - Sent PM to regular mafia players who have yet to sign up?
    - I don't know if there's a social group for that series, but if there is, have you advertized there?

Just a few suggestions, I hope it helps, cause I think you'd be a great host!

Blog Entries

I blogged about it but I dont have a twitter account, so yea. PMing/VMing ...maybe I should try that.
    My life is a nightmare

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sourcandy View Post
    I dont have a twitter account
    You can tweet anonymously iirc, or just send @Mintaka a PM and ask her to mention it in a tweet. That's partially why we got a War Room Twitter, to update the news.

PMing/VMing ...maybe I should try that. [/COLOR]
    It worked for me, for both my X-Men mafia. They filled up quick cause I PM'd people about it. The worst that can happen, is that they don't sign up, so you have nothing to lose. : )

For X-Men: AoA mafia, I had 12 spots left to fill and I PM'd 25 people. Ended up sending roles less than a day after that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    I was just wondering as to how much the theme of a mafia game affects if people decide to play or not? Recently I've found I've been fussy when it comes down to themes.
    It would affect it quite a bit I assume. Like if the theme is completely obscure to me (something like Umeko's Higurashi mafia), I probably wouldn't join.
    New Track: Going Up

Winner of the Most Creative Host, Fair Hosting & Best Mafia Series Awards for the War Room Awards 2012.

shhhhh.
    Blog Entries

Follow Parma on Tumblr

Ideally, people should play regardless of what theme is presented in the OP...BUT THIS AIN'T IDEAL LAND! Regarding themes, I would still like to explore vanilla games some more.

Themed games? It's all in the presentation. But then we've had many games that looked promising turn south.

and nobody's done a TTGL mafia. i am disappointed.
    the vile, wandering one sneaks up

Blog Entries

Sigh, looks like I'm gonna start VMing/PMing people too. I just don't want to seem like a tick.
    FCs- HG: 4426 5257 0152 Pt: 0131 7157 4821 W: 3095 6620 2000 W2: 1851 0568 6600

shhhhh.
    Blog Entries

Follow Parma on Tumblr

You're just gonna have to do it.

Want your game to start? Still desire to see it to completion? You know what to do, man. :3
    the vile, wandering one sneaks up

Blog Entries

2 questions:

1- Did you think that the idea of having a mafia allied with the Town and a Townperson allied with mafia in my last game was a good idea? Should it have been done differently?

2- Would you enjoy playing a game where instead of killing people at night, the mafia would convert one person each night, until the mafia was either eliminated or outnumbered the town?

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

The conversion thing sounds cool, Im taking a break from my War Room vacation just to say that you should try that, Hellion.

Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    1- Did you think that the idea of having a mafia allied with the Town and a Townperson allied with mafia in my last game was a good idea? Should it have been done differently?
    As one of the players that was completely fooled by the mechanic The mechanics were very clever and fun. Balancing the sides by having each 'spy' in both factions worked well too.

2- Would you enjoy playing a game where instead of killing people at night, the mafia would convert one person each night, until the mafia was either eliminated or outnumbered the town?
    I've been thinking about this. While it's interesting, there lies some issues, such as balance. Considering that while mafia converts a target each night, there is the lynch that can take out a mafia each Day (as well as killing role actions). There has to be equal chances for the mafia and the town to win.
    Like, if the town lynches a mafia player successfully, the mafia cannot convert during the following Night? (If the town lynches a mafia player yet the mafia converts a player the following Night, the situation doesn't improve for the Town).

FC: 2294-4703-4926 | 제노바
    Friend Safari Info: Flying (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Fletchfinder)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    I definitely thought this was done well. A great twist!

I think that would work if both the innocents and the mafia had equal numbers to start with. However, during the day phases, only the real innocents' votes would count (but the mafia could still vote; their votes just wouldn't do anything). It sounds like a cool idea.