The Situation Room - Talk about the games or anything! - Page 15

Page 15 of 656 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115515 ... LastLast
Like Tree3328Likes

Thread: The Situation Room - Talk about the games or anything!

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Situation Room

Hey Synthesis. :D

52 completed games, 44 mafia, 8 non-mafia. I didn't count the cancelled ones.
    FCs- HG: 4426 5257 0152 Pt: 0131 7157 4821 W: 3095 6620 2000 W2: 1851 0568 6600

Blog Entries

So we've had 40 something incomplete/cancelled games? :o
    New Track: Going Up

Winner of the Most Creative Host, Fair Hosting & Best Mafia Series Awards for the War Room Awards 2012.

Blog Entries

Is it me, or are there only 3 games current right now?

Oh, and hows the new avatar?

D:
    Whyyy?!
    Why does the universe continually block any attempt that I make to play a mafia game?!
    It's very depressing...

Everybody do the Nya-kachu!

Blog Entries

@Wolverine: I reallyy want to know who was who. Can we post in the game thread now?
    My life is a nightmare

Blog Entries

I gues I'll try this section again, just one game for now.

Blog Entries

The How's it Hosting? survey is now closed, thanks to all who took the time to vote and comment on their hosting experience, it's a great help for us as we're currently reworking some of the rules and writing up a hosting guide, cause at the end of the day, the War Room is what its users make of it. The section cannot exist without users who not only play in games, but host them. While we try to make it easier for you to do so, if you guys don't host and don't play, this section would not exist.

We're always here to help should you need it.

Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

A small advice to those that copy rules from another game when hosting...

At least read over the rules before using them. There might be something that you don't want in your set of rules that's in the original.

Like...I've noticed a certain host that is 'wackily' lazy to learn how IRC works seeing from his rules. XD

YEAH YOU I'M TALKING ABOUT YOU @Taiki

FC: 2294-4703-4926 | 제노바
    Friend Safari Info: Flying (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Fletchfinder)

Blog Entries

But IRC is just so haaaaaaaaard ;___;

Blog Entries

Okay, so I'm thinking about hosting a game, however I still want to host I11 2. So I'm just gonna drop it here for anyone to host - TWEWY mafia. The sides would probably be Players (inno) VS High Reapers (eg: Composer, Conductor, Producer, GMs) (maf). Roles would probably be based on psychs - eg, Nekky's NA would probably be Pyrokinesis or something, Shiki's would be related to [strike]her piggy[/strike] Mr. Mew, etc.
    Trapinch is claimed || I was once IceKyurem/Rainbowkit || Avvy by King Corpse

Gaiz and galz, if you like Inazuma Eleven, I reccomend joining the Inazuma Eleven Fan forum. It's like BMGf, but instead of being for Pokémon it's for I11. Oh yeah, and it's not as big as BMGf.

Blog Entries

To all War Room players and hosts,

As you may have notice, the War Room has recently undergone a little face lift. We rearranged the stickies not just as an aestethical endeavour, but also to make sure the information contained in them was more organized and easier for you guys to access. The Situation Room remains unchanged, but here are a few changes that have gone in the threads.

- The http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f362/mafia-games-index-121931/ replaces the Mafia Hosting station and the Co-Hosting and Mentorship Program. In this new thread, Players can see what games are available at the moment, and Hosts can let others know the progress of their game as well as ask for help from co-hosts and mentors.

- The http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f362/non-mafia-games-index-109093/ is the Non-Mafia Games Hosting Station's new name, the thread doesn't change function and remains an index of the currently available Non-Mafia games.

- The http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f362/playing-rules-guides-121929/ thread essentially provides Players with the necessary information for them to play the games, the Rules, as well as a useful guide to help users learn some of the game's basic

- The http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f362/hosting-rules-guides-121927/ thread is the previous thread's counterpart for Hosts and provides the rules concerning the Hosting procedure as well as an upcoming Hosting Guide.

The latter thread's rule have also been updated. While they might look drastically different, there will be very little impact on the way the Hosting procedure in place for the last few months.

- Most notably, we've eliminated the cap and the tiers. Not only did we feel that the cap and the tiers had little impact as the cap itself was rarely reached, but also, we wanted to give more freedom to the host to host when it was most convenient to them which insures their maximum activity as hosts. As the cap wasn't reached often before the reform, this change is not gonna impact hosts in any way.

- The approval is still necessary prior to posting games as is the two weeks signups period and the inclusion of the date in mafia games titles. None of these elements have changed

- The main change will be on the closing of stalled or inactive games. If a Host misses their deadline, their game will be closed and moved to the Archive temporarily after three days. The Host will have four days to ask a War Room moderator to reopen the game thread before the game is closed for good. Afterwards, if the host again misses their update deadline for three days, the game will be closed right away. Mostly out of respect to the players, but also to allow players to join other hosts game quicker.

If you have any question or comment about these changes, feel free to contact either @Rayne @Mintaka @Parmalee @Taiki or myself, @Wolverine

Thank you and see you in the games!

Blog Entries

Follow Shinobu on Tumblr

Is there any "normal" way of asking for more volunteers for subs for a currently active game? I think I need some more.

Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

@yunabomb ; You can ask users that you see in the War Room, and if they're are interested and have time to play, they'll consider joining.

Also, you could put a notice in your signature, write a blog, and...post in this thread. (Which, you already did ^^)

Also, a common method is to allow those that died in your game back in the game with the new role, after asking the player if he/she is interested.
    Imo, this works better if the player was killed 'early' in the game (like around Day 1 - Night 2). If the player had too much information before he/she died, it could give his/her side too much of an edge. (Just an opinion though, I haven't done this before :/ )

FC: 2294-4703-4926 | 제노바
    Friend Safari Info: Flying (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Fletchfinder)

Blog Entries

To all War Room users,

We have made a slight change to the hosting rules. Hosts no longer need to have their roles and rules approved before posting a game thread. That being said, we highly recommend having all your roles ready before posting a game thread and all the War Room moderators are still available to review a host's rules and roles should they feel the need to have those reviewed.

Hellion

Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

Do we still need to ask permission before posting the thread, or can we post it whenever we're ready?