Notice: Simple Question Simple Answers Thread - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple Question Simple Answers Thread

Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

Default Re: Simple Question Simple Answers Thread

A question to those who hosted: did you regard QuickTopic talks as PMs for those with peeker roles? (You know, peeker obtains PMs from the person he/she peeks on)

FC: 2294-4703-4926 | 제노바
    Friend Safari Info: Flying (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Fletchfinder)

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I for one think QTs should count for Peeker/Spy roles otherwise such a person may get no info at all making them useless

Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

Now that I think of it, usually the mafia is given a separate QT for the discussions.

Guess they would have counted in the previous games, and should be.

Discussing via PMs only would be a quite a burden.

FC: 2294-4703-4926 | 제노바
    Friend Safari Info: Flying (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Fletchfinder)

Hi Rayne's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries

I'm guilty of making PMs a burden to the host ^^;

I agree, and I think most hosts have delved into the QT to pull info. It depends on how the GM wants to run their game.

-In Simple Harmony-

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

I have two simple questions.

1. It is known that if two people get an equal amount of votes, there will be no lynch. But what if there is a tie between a "no lynch" and the votes for a person? Should the no lynch overrule, or the persons vote? (the standard is that the person would be lynched, but a certain hostperson does not agree, so I'll ask here).

2. What if through sloppy work the host doesn't count all the votes properly, and because of that votes tie and nobody is lynched. Should the host after someone points it out still kill the person that was supposed to die during the day, or is it justified if the host tells the person who pointed it out that he is too late, and should've pointed it out earlier (even if that person might've been asleep at the moment because of timezone differences)? (I think it should be option 1, but hey, some people might disagree)

Blog Entries

Follow hurristat on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    I'm guilty of making PMs a burden to the host ^^;

I agree, and I think most hosts have delved into the QT to pull info. It depends on how the GM wants to run their game.
    I know, it hurts. I count QT posts as PMs for my game, but it's really up to the mod of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post

1. It is known that if two people get an equal amount of votes, there will be no lynch. But what if there is a tie between a "no lynch" and the votes for a person? Should the no lynch overrule, or the persons vote? (the standard is that the person would be lynched, but a certain hostperson does not agree, so I'll ask here).
    I'd say that the town could not come to a decision, and that you go into night with no votes.

2. What if through sloppy work the host doesn't count all the votes properly, and because of that votes tie and nobody is lynched. Should the host after someone points it out still kill the person that was supposed to die during the day, or is it justified if the host tells the person who pointed it out that he is too late, and should've pointed it out earlier (even if that person might've been asleep at the moment because of timezone differences)? (I think it should be option 1, but hey, some people might disagree)
    I say that they kill the intended person once the error in vote-counting has been pointed out. (Although if it's any later than a phase after, it's too late)

Lonely Hearts Club Band Sgt.Pepper's's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post

1. I think they should be killed.

2. I agree with you Mij. Option 1 seems best.
    If you want to battle me, check out the URPG.
    Black FC: 3396-2846-6857
    Heart Gold FC: 0690-7577-0263

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hurristat View Post
    I'd say that the town could not come to a decision, and that you go into night with no votes.
    So the people who voted "no lynch" should get their way? (if there are 3 votes for no lynch, and 3 votes for person X).

I say that they kill the intended person once the error in vote-counting has been pointed out. (Although if it's any later than a phase after, it's too late)
    In this case scenario, it's only one phase after.

Blog Entries

Im going tp be in 4 or 5 soon, but thats my absolute limit especially now that im running Buffy Mafia.

Blog Entries

I know that I should probably know this, but how do mafia games even work?
    Banner By Genbeeb

Blog Entries

alright well i'll give you the short version, There are usually 2 teams. the Mafia and the Town. Only the mafia knows who their team mates are. The town dosent. There are phases. During Day phase you vote for a person to kill who you believe is mafia. That person will then die at night. During the NIght phase, you may have certain actions you can do, and the Mafia will kill someone. Thats about it. I dont really know how else to explain

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
    I know that I should probably know this, but how do mafia games even work?
    Let's say we have the most basic mafia possible.

We have two factions. the Town (or innocents or villagers), and the mafia. The mafia know each others identity, while the villagers only know their own identity.

We also have two different kind of phases. Day phase and Night phase.

During the day phase everyone gets to place a vote for who they want to kill: the goal is to find and lynch someone on the mafia side.

During the night phase the mafia pick one person (an innocent) they want to kill, and kill him/her.

The last side to survive wins.

However, to make things a little easier for the town, they also have different kinds of roles. The following roles will almost always be included in a game:

the cop: Every night he can check another person to see if that person is innocent or mafia.
    the doctor: Every night he can protect someone, and then that person will not die that night.
    the vigilante: Once during the game, he can kill a person of choice.
    the public speaker: his votes count twice.

the roleblocker: this role can belong to both a mafia and an innocent, and allows him to block someone's nightaction every night.
    The godfather: While he is mafia, he will appear innocent when checked by the cop.

And that would be all the basics.

Blog Entries

See, Mizzle explains it better than me

now's the time to shine coolking503's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The very basic concept of mafia is an informed minority vs an uninformed majority. Needless to say, if the uninformed majority gets informed they will win. Mij provided a good explanation. AT the very base of the game there was a bodyguard, inspector, and a bunch of townies playing against the mafia. Simple as that. It got more and more extravagent, and now when you play its never that simple.
    If we are having a battle and I disconnect, it is 100% unintentional; my power goes off often and each time my modem resets.

Gone until Aug, 10 or something for a trip w/out net access. C u after that. If I suddenly dissapear after that you can bet I got bad grades on my IGCSE's, since results are coming out the week afterwards.

Blog Entries

I have a question for all those who have hosted - for the peeker role, when sending the peeker the PM(s), do you block out other usernames that may be included in the PM(s), or leave them as is?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast