June 2nd, 1692
Salem Village, Massachusetts Bay Colony
"That woman is a witch!" a voice cried from within the crowd, "She appeared to me last night in an apparition! She tried to kill me!"
"You recognize her?" another demanded, "Hers is the face you saw?"
"Yes! I'm sure of it!"
"NO! IT WASN'T ME, I SWEAR!"
"You are found guilty of practicing witchcraft on June first—"
"NO! YOU'RE MAKING A MISTAKE—"
"You will burn at the stake for your crimes; a punishment only a witch could survive. Then the truth shall be known—"
"But, THAT'S MAD! I'LL DIE! I—"
"We've heard enough of your mad utterings, witch!"
"Aye! Let's end this now!"
"Aw shucks. Guess she wasn't the witch... Sorry, Catherine!"
With the turbulent setting of a 1692 Salem, Massachusetts as its backdrop, this Mafia-style game (with a few deviations from the standard-formula) will follow the tale of a small group of citizens (Judges, Ministers, Merchants, Physicians, even self-proclaimed Harlots!) as they successively turn on each other in suspicion in the face of the growing threat of a local coven of witches.
At the onset of the game, there will be only one Witch (the "Godfather"), who will periodically visit the homes of other players during the Night Phases to persuade them to join her Coven. Depending on the details of the players' roles, some will accept her invitation, while others will refuse it - forcing the Coven to kill the target to cover their tracks.
- Be active. I reserve the right to sub out or modkill inactive members. Try to post at least once for every three phases at a minimum.
- Roleclaims are allowed, but you may only share a character's ability and alignment - posting entire Role PMs is not allowed.
- No conversation outside of the game-thread is allowed (except for members of the Witch's Coven).
- No screencaps.
- If you are eliminated from the game, you are allowed one final "farewell" post - this post must not contain any game-related information, however (including rolechecks, suspicions, lynch-requests, etc.)
- Phases will last 24 hours each - the turnover being tentatively scheduled for 11:00 P.M. U.S. Central Standard Time.
- If your username changes midway through the game, please post an acknowledgement of this in the game-thread.
- Be respectful of other members.
- Have fun!
Kill all those evil witches!
SourcandyLynched on Day 8 (TOWN)
Shiny CelebiLynched on Day 7 (Coven)
Sky Flame HazeLynched on Day 4 (TOWN)
Smasher 101Nightkilled on Night 3 (TOWN)
- @Flame_WINNER (Witch)
mewstoneNightkilled on Night 7 (TOWN)
- @TFSpockWINNER (Coven)
NeonsandsWINNER - Lynched on Day 1 (Fool)
HadesiroLynched on Day 6 (TOWN)
NytieLynched on Day 3 (TOWN)
The PuppetmasterNightkilled on Night 2 (Independent)
Derpeh HoovezLynched on Day 5 (TOWN)
bluesunNightkilled on Night 1 (TOWN)