Regarding the Hosting Queue & Game Cap - Page 3

View Poll Results: What changes to the Hosting system would you suggest?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reinstate the Hosting Queue and Retain the Game Cap

5 35.71%
  • Eliminate the Game Cap

9 64.29%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Regarding the Hosting Queue & Game Cap

Blog Entries

Default Re: Regarding the Hosting Queue & Game Cap

There seems to be a concern that users are being treated unfairly. The current rules operate as first come, first serve which is fairer on some than others. I do think if this system is failing it's because people are being too selfish. Before I posted my game, even though there was a free slot, I asked around with other hosts who were nearing the top of the list, if they were fine with me going ahead before them. I know that's not how this system works but It is common courtesy. If you want to post a game and you're not nearing the top of the list, maybe ask around to make sure you're not stepping on anyone's toes. If you know someone who's really eager to start their game and they've been waiting a long time, don't ninja them just because you can. People who have been waiting weeks and weeks are getting pipped to the post by those who happen to stumble across a free spot before they do. I know this is not a solution but for the time being, as the rules stand, let's show a bit more respect for eachother.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    There seems to be a concern that users are being treated unfairly. The current rules operate as first come, first serve which is fairer on some than others. I do think if this system is failing it's because people are being too selfish. Before I posted my game, even though there was a free slot, I asked around with other hosts who were nearing the top of the list, if they were fine with me going ahead before them. I know that's not how this system works but It is common courtesy. If you want to post a game and you're not nearing the top of the list, maybe ask around to make sure you're not stepping on anyone's toes. If you know someone who's really eager to start their game and they've been waiting a long time, don't ninja them just because you can. People who have been waiting weeks and weeks are getting pipped to the post by those who happen to stumble across a free spot before they do. I know this is not a solution but for the time being, as the rules stand, let's show a bit more respect for eachother.
    That's really too much work - and not everyone is on frequently enough to give you a quick answer, and by the time you checked with everyone, someone else could've went ahead and started hosting the game. I'd rather have a system where you can only start hosting when a mod gives you the okay signal. It solves everything, and all you need to do is wait untill you get a message from a mod that you can set up your game. It prevents people from stepping on others toes, or whatever it's called. At least some restriction is necessary

Blog Entries

The Staff have decided to close this thread now, and will post an announcement with our decision soon. Thank you for your contributions.
    CrackFox and m0ckingbird20 like this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123