Mafia: Puella Magi Madoka Mafia [ENDGAME] [1.12.13] - Page 13

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Puella Magi Madoka Mafia [ENDGAME] [1.12.13]

Blog Entries

Default Re: Puella Magi Madoka Mafia [Day 4: Mirrors and Secrets] [1.8.13]

Quote Originally Posted by Hitomi View Post
    The reason I haven't voted is because I have been working 3-11 every night for the past week barring the nights I was out of town with no internet, and I am always uncomfortable casting a vote when I know there's no chance of me being able to revoke it in case of new evidence and so on. (Also, the prime discussion time is usually between 4-7, I noticed, probably because people are getting out of school.) It really just boils down to me not having a schedule conducive to playing mafia games anymore.
    I can understand that - my work schedule produces a similar conflict.

Out of curiosity, and this may seem like a rather strange question, but if you had been online around the time of the updates, who do you think you would have voted for in the first three Day Phases?

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Blog Entries

Follow Hitomi on Tumblr

Well, it's nearly impossible to be objective about that question given that we have the end results of each phase, and since I was gone for the past two day phases, it's even harder to be objective since I didn't have any feelings toward anyone's posts while discussion was happening, only what happened afterward.

However, I guess I could venture on Day 1. Either stillboy for his omgus vote on you and wanting to "take you down a peg" (I think it could be viewed as a mafia policy lynch to get rid of strong players early on) or Human for his vagueness with the mystery skype log (that I still don't know what he's talking about). Actually, now that I think about stillboy, when you unvoted him in favor of Sputnik, you said

Looks town the more I think about it.
    What made you think that?

Blog Entries

Actually, now that I think about stillboy, when you unvoted him in favor of Sputnik, you said

Basically the realization that he's a Newbie who is both A.) building the same contrived cases as he did in his previous game (which was his first), in which he was Town (Cop), and B.) acting entirely too aggressive on Day 1 for Newb-Scum.

He's the cautious sort until he has a good lead - his vote on me was not a good lead, of course, but pretty easily recognized as Newbie-OMGUS.

Vote: Akuraito

For now. Subject to change. I'd like to hear her thoughts. @Akuraito

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    @Akuraito You haven't actually voted at all in this game. Is there a reason?
    Other than that I haven't had anything to say, nor any suspicions? No. ^^;

For now. Subject to change. I'd like to hear her thoughts.

Blog Entries

@Dark Blueberry Akuraito brings up some fair points.

@Insanish Danish You have only voted once: For stillboy after I claimed Cop on Day 1. What are your thoughts on the thread now?

@Momoka What do you think of Akuraito's case on Dark Blueberry?

@stillboy I'd like to hear more from you. What are your thoughts at this point?

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

I find it personally odd how Aku hasn't had any suspicions for this entire game. Seems a tad odd, I think most of us have had suspicions we've acted on.

VOTE: Akuraito.

Why does she sound so certain that there's a godfather? For all the town knows, there isn't one; this is a fairly small game, after all, and with all these vanillas, it seems like that would make the game a bit unbalanced, at least in my opinion.
    If there's a cop in this game, then there will be a godfather. If not, it would be a tad pointless. And I think most people in any game assumes there's a godfather. So I don't think that would be any indication towards Blueberry being mafia.

Voting her shows what I think of that argument against Blueberry, I don't trust it.

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

cheese! Insanish Danish's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Insanish Danish on Tumblr

@Insanish Danish You have only voted once: For stillboy after I claimed Cop on Day 1. What are your thoughts on the thread now?
    I didn't even realize I had only voted once throughout the whole game until you just brought it up; I think I've been getting this game confused with the DPPt mafia, so apologies for that. Aside from stillboy I hadn't truly been suspicious of anyone. I don't really find Akuraito all that suspicious because there have been times I haven't really been suspicious of anyone in a game and I know how that feels. I dunno, I just feel like if she were truly mafia she would be pinning suspicions on people. That said, I'm not defending her. I don't necessarily think she's town either. I just don't think the no suspicions thing is a good indicator of her being mafia. I think the inactivity is a stronger one, though even that doesn't always make a person mafia, but I've played mafia games with Akuraito before and being inactive is generally not her playing style.
    back to being a non-edible pastry

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Like Momoka said, where there's a cop, there's a godfather.

vote: Akuraito

shsl music club member Catspring's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Catspring on Facebook
    Follow Catspring on Tumblr

Sorry I missed the update time - I fell asleep and I just woke up! ^^;;

Phase will be extended 24 hours!

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I said that it was mainly for the not wanting to have to answer questions. The godfather thing was more an afterthought than anything else.

Blog Entries

Excellent, more time to talk!

@Insanish Danish Your last post makes it difficult for me to determine if you are or are not suspicious of Akuraito. You go back and forth on her a lot, then seem to settle on her looking scummy at the end of your paragraph - but then no vote.

Explain?

cheese! Insanish Danish's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Insanish Danish on Tumblr

I'm a bit torn on Akuraito. She's not acting totally scummy, but she's not acting completely innocent either. So I'm not really sure whether or not I want to vote for her.

I will say though, if I don't see a convincing argument from her before this phase is over, I will be voting for her.
    back to being a non-edible pastry

Actually, now that I think about stillboy, when you unvoted him in favor of Sputnik, you said

Basically the realization that he's a Newbie who is both A.) building the same contrived cases as he did in his previous game (which was his first), in which he was Town (Cop), and B.) acting entirely too aggressive on Day 1 for Newb-Scum.

He's the cautious sort until he has a good lead - his vote on me was not a good lead, of course, but pretty easily recognized as Newbie-OMGUS.

Man, I will never live that down. But MM did end saving me a little after I did that to him so I owe him and I won't blindly vote the same as he does he's got me a little more suspicious of Aku and after looking back over some the stuff she has said and been said about her I feel pretty confident in my vote.

Blog Entries

I've been poring over the thread trying to determine what the reason is for this bandwagon, and the only stated reason why Akuraito is suspicious is this one:

Quote Originally Posted by Momoka View Post
    Personally, I don't know if I trust Aku. She hasn't spoken up much at all, and hasn't seemingly done anything... but then, that's my only lead.
    I voted for Akuraito to nudge her into sharing her reads. The votes that followed all point back to some variation of the above reason (lack of voting and scumhunting).

Which... is a fair reason to vote for someone, as Akuraito is a typically active scumhunter. The case against her is weakened considerably, however, by the fact that two of the people voting for her have also been very reserved: stillboy and Dark Blueberry.

The upside is that, by voting for Akuraito, they are now voting and scumhunting. The downside is that I am not satisfied with the respective posts in which they did so:

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    Like Momoka said, where there's a cop, there's a godfather.

"Where there's a cop, there's a godfather," is not really a case against Akuraito - unless you know something I don't.

Furthermore, Akuraito had just posted a case against you, which you neglected to respond to:
    Quote Originally Posted by Akuraito View Post
    I'm assuming you mean suspicions? ^^; Um, Dark Blueberry, mainly for this post:

I didn't want to jump on a bandwagon in a small game like this and contribute to a mislynch - which would later result in all sorts of questions. From not voting, at least I can avoid that.
    It's...it just strikes me the wrong way that she's so worried about questions. If she's town, why should she be? Being asked questions would, no doubt, raise the thread activity a little, which is something that could never be bad. I can understand being afraid of a mislynch, but honestly, a few mislynches--given that it's an acceptable argument--isn't going to kill you.

Yet she purposefully avoids voting just for that reason? That harms the town quite a bit, since it's not as if she's been actively posting, either. Her vote and suspicions, given that she's a vanilla (actually, even if she isn't), is the most powerful thing that she has. Why not try to use them if you're town?

Also, this:

Though, town-checks should be done carefully - the godfather is still out there.
    Why does she sound so certain that there's a godfather? For all the town knows, there isn't one; this is a fairly small game, after all, and with all these vanillas, it seems like that would make the game a bit unbalanced, at least in my opinion.

Yet she says that as if it's fact, which if she were town, there wouldn't even be any evidence towards.

i know i posted right after her without saying anything but i only just realized asdfghjkl;

And what FA pointed out earlier still stands.

(i know i said that i didn't have suspicions, but, well, i only thought of DB as a potential mafioso due to her post that answered your question...which i didn't see until just before i started writing this post :I)
    Do you have anything to say in response to this?

Quote Originally Posted by stillboy View Post

Man, I will never live that down. But MM did end saving me a little after I did that to him so I owe him and I won't blindly vote the same as he does he's got me a little more suspicious of Aku and after looking back over some the stuff she has said and been said about her I feel pretty confident in my vote.

What was it about my post that, "got [you] a little more suspicious of Aku?" Also, what is the, "stuff she has said and been said about her," that you are referring to, here?

FoS: Dark Blueberry

For ignoring Akuraito's case on her and providing no reason for her vote on Akuraito.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

@Master Mew;
    First of all, I want to know how you did that horizontal line thingy.

Second, I'm very bad at answering questions, so of course I want to avoid potential mislynches where people can get picked on for questions.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast