Mafia: Pokemon GSC - HGSS Style Mafia - NIGHT 10 - VICTORY ROAD - END GAME - 10/31 - Page 18

Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Pokemon GSC - HGSS Style Mafia - NIGHT 10 - VICTORY ROAD - END GAME - 10/31

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

Default Re: Pokemon GSC - HGSS Style Mafia - DAY 3 - Johto - 10/17

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntology View Post
    And @Rio Kamishiro

It's just a trend I've noticed from mafia players at the end of games I've played. The player with the most argumetnative (and extremely long) defending/attacking posts usually turns out to have been a mafia.
    Mm, while that is true, many people have different playing styles, town or mafia. I think it's much more effective to think back to the player's playing style as both mafia and town and not to a whole set of mafioso.

I should do that though, I might look back a little.
    Midorikawa likes this.

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KidBeano View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    From the flavor text, it seems like someone stopped everything last night... I'm glad we didn't lose a townie, but we lost a potential doctor protect or cop check... So this action-stopper's ability is kind of bittersweet.
    That'd certainly be an amazing excuse for not using this supposed action you claimed.

Which, by the way, brings me to the third time I've had to ask this question. Why did you softclaim? :l
    @Sputnik; mentioning you, because there will then be no possible way you have NOT received at least one notification from me.
    I softclaimed so you guys could see I had a special role, and not lynch me. By the way, before you get too suspicious of me, I will probably regret doing this, but... I am the one who stopped the actions last night. Does everything make sense now?
    Adding on to what Buoy said, this also doesn't fit in with the context in which you softclaimed. You said that you would have to use your role because Aelita claimed. This would suggest your action would have something to do with Aelita, but since a mason has no night action traditionally, that doesn't add up.

And if you're now saying you did it to prevent yourself getting nightkilled, that's just a selfish abuse of your action - you surviving for an extra night does not warrant losing a cop check + everything else we might have, especially with how lousy your public actions have been so far.

You keep posting all dramatic-like "Oh and now... I'm going to use... lots of dots... and I feel so sorry for myself... fgerhgtuhaehs..." and basically keep trying to play the pity card "Omg I'm going to get nightkilled now... but someone should save me... omg but I'm going to regret all of this..." Adding on to what everyone else is saying about your posts just being one massive contradiction after another.

Mafia game requires a lot of well-thought-out planning and I'm afraid to say, it seems your actions have been severely lacking in that.
    I will not deny that I have gotten rusty from my hiatus, and I will not deny that I didn't think thoroughly before I made my moves, but we can't undo my stupid action, now can we?

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntology View Post
    If Sputnik's mafia, she could have also just agreed with the mafia to made no kill last night, making us think that there'd been some ability activated. The only way we'll know is if some tracker or something claims.
    The flavor text, though, seems to imply that an ability caused the lack of a night-kill last night. I mean, I suppose it might've just been like that for story purposes, but a lot of times, there are hints in the flavor text of games, so I'm leaning toward that an ability did take place, possibly Sputnik's.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntology
    It's just a trend I've noticed from mafia players at the end of games I've played. The player with the most argumetnative (and extremely long) defending/attacking posts usually turns out to have been a mafia.
    I didn't attack Aelita, though. While I do agree that my posts were quite long, I just wanted to be sure that I addressed every one of her points, so as to leave little doubt to what my intentions were.

By that logic, BOTH Aelita and I would be mafia. With her mason claim, I doubt she is, and I know I certainly am not. There isn't a "one-size fits all" motto with playstyles.

Blog Entries

Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by KidBeano View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    From the flavor text, it seems like someone stopped everything last night... I'm glad we didn't lose a townie, but we lost a potential doctor protect or cop check... So this action-stopper's ability is kind of bittersweet.
    That'd certainly be an amazing excuse for not using this supposed action you claimed.

Which, by the way, brings me to the third time I've had to ask this question. Why did you softclaim? :l
    @Sputnik; mentioning you, because there will then be no possible way you have NOT received at least one notification from me.
    I softclaimed so you guys could see I had a special role, and not lynch me. By the way, before you get too suspicious of me, I will probably regret doing this, but... I am the one who stopped the actions last night. Does everything make sense now?
    Adding on to what Buoy said, this also doesn't fit in with the context in which you softclaimed. You said that you would have to use your role because Aelita claimed. This would suggest your action would have something to do with Aelita, but since a mason has no night action traditionally, that doesn't add up.

And if you're now saying you did it to prevent yourself getting nightkilled, that's just a selfish abuse of your action - you surviving for an extra night does not warrant losing a cop check + everything else we might have, especially with how lousy your public actions have been so far.

You keep posting all dramatic-like "Oh and now... I'm going to use... lots of dots... and I feel so sorry for myself... fgerhgtuhaehs..." and basically keep trying to play the pity card "Omg I'm going to get nightkilled now... but someone should save me... omg but I'm going to regret all of this..." Adding on to what everyone else is saying about your posts just being one massive contradiction after another.

Mafia game requires a lot of well-thought-out planning and I'm afraid to say, it seems your actions have been severely lacking in that.
    I will not deny that I have gotten rusty from my hiatus, and I will not deny that I didn't think thoroughly before I made my moves, but we can't undo my stupid action, now can we?
    *actions

It's not that you've just made one stupid action, it's the fact that you made multiple and all you're doing about it is acting like a helpless person who wandered into this game by accident. No hiatus suddenly makes you think "You know what's a good idea? Softclaiming that I have a power role on Day 2 even though I don't!", which is the only thing I can imagine would provoke you to softclaim.

I'd like clarification on what you meant by "Seriously, Aelita? You're way too experienced of a player to claim this early... I'd suppose I'll have to use my ability tonight...". Your ability had NOTHING to do with Aelita, whatsoever. A mason has no night-action traditionally, and using it to "protect" Aelita when a Doctor could and would have done that job so much better than you is just nonsensical. Why would you freeze the night phase just because Aelita claimed mason?
    MORE CAPS

~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

So you want to be a hero? Stuntology's Avatar

Okay, maybe I shouldn't be generalizing. I'm still a little suspicious, though.

Goblins and Saurus and Cheetaurs, oh my!

Blog Entries

That's fine! After all, at this point, hardly anyone is in the clear.

I don't expect anyone to believe me just because I say so, so I can take a little suspicion. Part of the game.

Visit Kyouhei!'s Youtube Channel

At this point, I know two things...

1. Beano is defending the **** out of Aelita.
    2. We have no idea who the Mafia are.

Being vanilla sucks.

This epic banner was made by the epic Blue Dragon!

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhei! View Post
    At this point, I know two things...

1. Beano is defending the **** out of Aelita.
    2. We have no idea who the Mafia are.

Being vanilla sucks.
    Why are you claiming vanilla out of nowhere?

Blog Entries

Vote: Kyouhei!

You should never be honest if you are really vanilla, as it is a very easy claim for a mafioso to make.

Blog Entries

Vanilla is THE EASIEST claim for mafia to make, and as they will never help beyond being Townies that potentailly can make arguments, they are the least important of the townie roles. Thus, even if they do turn up townie, there was a much smaller role that going for, say, someone that turns out to be the doctor or something.

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

Wait, why the hell did Kyouhei! claim vanilla like that?

VOTE: Kyouhei!

I'm sorry, but that did not make any sense. Of course, you could just honestly be vanilla, but...

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

Yeah, pretty much what's been said... I don't see why you claimed that. There was no reason to do so, and your vote on day 1 was also odd.

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

I was going to give him a chance to reply before voting but since he hasn't replied

With no suspicion on you that made no sense

追放されたバカ

I love how all three of you voted right after the other. Cause, yanno, you three are sporting the same theme.

Quite interesting you would claim vanilla like that. It could be true, but that was way too risky of a move to make.

Blog Entries

After everyone just got on Sputnik for claiming with no reason, you go and do the same? XD

I have a feeling that you're quite possibly a mafia godfather, hoping to be cop-checked to squeak by in the game (especially since you're new, and possibly don't know any better). And if not... well, like it's been said by others, it could be worse.

Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast