Mafia: Pokemon GSC - HGSS Style Mafia - NIGHT 10 - VICTORY ROAD - END GAME - 10/31 - Page 17

Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Pokemon GSC - HGSS Style Mafia - NIGHT 10 - VICTORY ROAD - END GAME - 10/31

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon GSC - HGSS Style Mafia - DAY 3 - Johto - 10/17

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    From the flavor text, it seems like someone stopped everything last night... I'm glad we didn't lose a townie, but we lost a potential doctor protect or cop check... So this action-stopper's ability is kind of bittersweet.
    That'd certainly be an amazing excuse for not using this supposed action you claimed.

Which, by the way, brings me to the third time I've had to ask this question. Why did you softclaim? :l

@Sputnik; mentioning you, because there will then be no possible way you have NOT received at least one notification from me.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    I'll try to start some discussion on that, I guess.

Does anybody find it odd how Stuntology (back on Day Phase 2) came to vote at pretty much the last second? Whether or not this is suspicious to anybody will likely depend on how you view me at this moment, but still, the way he tried to sneak in a vote like that... It was so late in the phase that it would've been difficult to object, making it just... sneaky, in my eyes.

Of course, the fact that it was a vote for me makes it stand-out in my mind. XD But even so, it was a very weird action, in my opinion.
    Votes happening in the last hour doesn't look too suspicious or scummy. For example, I have school days that last till 3PM, and the phase update happens in 4PM. I'd use the last hour to try to get a Mafia by voting, even if it makes me look suspicious. I personally don't think that it's much to go in to or think of, but I guess maybe later on in the game it could be used against him. Still not much to say that Stuntology is Mafia.

That's very true, FinalArcadia, but how do we know if you aren't a mafioso trying to get a townie lynched?
    As Rio said, you could pretty much say that to everyone xD. She only proposed a lead and possibility, which is better than saying nothing. She said herself that it was to create some discussion so we could find a Mafia. Activity, interest in the game, always helps the Town. The Town should be smart enough to know whether it's being tricked or not.

EDIT:

Human, a list like that might be nice.
    There's not much to say, but I'll check the thread again to see if I can dig anything up.

I don't know if Stunt is mafia or not, but I just found it so strange. If we're looking for leads, that's just the first that comes to mind.
    Which I don't think is much to go on or is much of a scumtell.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    From the flavor text, it seems like someone stopped everything last night... I'm glad we didn't lose a townie, but we lost a potential doctor protect or cop check... So this action-stopper's ability is kind of bittersweet.
    That'd certainly be an amazing excuse for not using this supposed action you claimed.

Which, by the way, brings me to the third time I've had to ask this question. Why did you softclaim? :l
    @Sputnik; mentioning you, because there will then be no possible way you have NOT received at least one notification from me.
    I softclaimed so you guys could see I had a special role, and not lynch me. By the way, before you get too suspicious of me, I will probably regret doing this, but... I am the one who stopped the actions last night. Does everything make sense now?

Blog Entries

I softclaimed so you guys could see I had a special role, and not lynch me. By the way, before you get too suspicious of me, I will probably regret doing this, but... I am the one who stopped the actions last night. Does everything make sense now?
    Not particularly. Nobody was looking to lynch you, so softclaiming to avoid getting lynched is a bit on the nonsensical side. Also, stopping the actions on N2 and using a 1-shot ability for no reason whatsoever is equally nonsensical. So no, everything does not make sense.

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

Softclaiming did seem entirely pointless when no one even suggested lynching you. I find it a bit odd, but I don't doubt that you ARE a power role...

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

Blog Entries

Not particularly. Nobody was looking to lynch you, so softclaiming to avoid getting lynched is a bit on the nonsensical side. Also, stopping the actions on N2 and using a 1-shot ability for no reason whatsoever is equally nonsensical. So no, everything does not make sense.
    I used it because I thought I was going to get nightkilled. I thought the mafia would target me last night, and instead of me being unable to use my ability and have it be wasted, I used it to preserve myself and more important power roles.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Should have known that you'd have come out sooner or later. You'd have to be really unstrategic to use so early in. Then again, you probably used it out of fear of being nightkilled. I don't like how you've been contradicting yourself. Here;

That is very very true, Human. It would be a bad idea for them to claim now, though.
    You say that it's a bad idea, and then suddenly, because Buoy pressured you a bit, you decided to come out? It's not as if we put any votes on you or said that you were Mafia O_O.

I used it because I thought I was going to get nightkilled. I thought the mafia would target me last night, and instead of me being unable to use my ability and have it be wasted, I used it to preserve myself and more important power roles.
    Yeah, and by claiming out that you were the one that caused it is making you come off as being more unstrategic when you could have used it later on. Using it now has aided the Mafia more than the Town. It wouldn't help the Mafia if a mislynch doesn't happen today.

Blog Entries

... Right. So, you ask for doctor protection, but you prevent it from happening anyway? Also, expecting to die just because you said you were going to use your role is really, really a silly thought. All you effectively did was just wasted an entire night phase, if you're telling the truth. As well, you accused Fresa of being too experienced to 'claim early', but then you turn around and do the EXACT same thing in the next day phase, for no other reason than the fact I had to ask you -- three times -- why you softclaimed? Experienced or not, being hypocritical like that is pretty suspicious to me. Most of the time, the only people who contradict themselves in games are mafia players.

Kicking this off with Vote: Sputnik. >_<

Blog Entries

I won't stop you from voting me, Buoy. I already used my role.

So you want to be a hero? Stuntology's Avatar

The reason I voted so late was because I'd just woken up, and had classes pretty much right afterwards. These phase changes don't really fit my schedule.

And I'm still going with my gut feeling that FinalAracia's mafia, just because her posts are so perfectly similar to what I've noticed many mafia's posts are like.

Goblins and Saurus and Cheetaurs, oh my!

Blog Entries

Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

Adding on to what Buoy said, this also doesn't fit in with the context in which you softclaimed. You said that you would have to use your role because Aelita claimed. This would suggest your action would have something to do with Aelita, but since a mason has no night action traditionally, that doesn't add up.

And if you're now saying you did it to prevent yourself getting nightkilled, that's just a selfish abuse of your action - you surviving for an extra night does not warrant losing a cop check + everything else we might have, especially with how lousy your public actions have been so far.

You keep posting all dramatic-like "Oh and now... I'm going to use... lots of dots... and I feel so sorry for myself... fgerhgtuhaehs..." and basically keep trying to play the pity card "Omg I'm going to get nightkilled now... but someone should save me... omg but I'm going to regret all of this..." Adding on to what everyone else is saying about your posts just being one massive contradiction after another.

Mafia game requires a lot of well-thought-out planning and I'm afraid to say, it seems your actions have been severely lacking in that.
    HumanDawn likes this.
    MORE CAPS

~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

Blog Entries

I won't stop you from voting me, Buoy. I already used my role.
    this screams fool at me tbh

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntology View Post
    And I'm still going with my gut feeling that FinalAracia's mafia, just because her posts are so perfectly similar to what I've noticed many mafia's posts are like.
    I'm not defending FA, but how so?

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Everyone has different posting styles. There is no set posting style for a side, just that persons. You can on the other hand learn how they post as town and as mafia

So you want to be a hero? Stuntology's Avatar

If Sputnik's mafia, she could have also just agreed with the mafia to made no kill last night, making us think that there'd been some ability activated. The only way we'll know is if some tracker or something claims.

And @Rio Kamishiro

It's just a trend I've noticed from mafia players at the end of games I've played. The player with the most argumetnative (and extremely long) defending/attacking posts usually turns out to have been a mafia.

Goblins and Saurus and Cheetaurs, oh my!

Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast