Mafia: Pokemon GSC - HGSS Style Mafia - NIGHT 10 - VICTORY ROAD - END GAME - 10/31 - Page 12

Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 638
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Pokemon GSC - HGSS Style Mafia - NIGHT 10 - VICTORY ROAD - END GAME - 10/31

  1. #166
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    332
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Pokemon GSC - HGSS Style Mafia - DAY 2 - Mystery in Mahogany Town - 10/15

    When did she say that there wasn't any possibility you were telling the truth...?

    That wasn't my point. ^^; I know full well how dangerous Phoenicks can be when mafia. I kinda digressed on that; what I was trying to say was that I'm agreeing with FA's opinion on saving yourself if you're town, even without a particularly important role, especially given this situation, where...we'd gain absolutely no information.

  2. #167
    Prince of Renais FinalArcadia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Preparing for battle
    Posts
    2,743
    Blog Entries
    51

    Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokemon GSC - HGSS Style Mafia - DAY 2 - Mystery in Mahogany Town - 10/15

    Oh, just to clarify, I didn't realize that Sputnik had already voted you, Aelita, so I guess I won't end up voting you after all to save myself.

    Also, I did indeed give the possibility of you being truthful in my initial post:

    Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia
    It could be true, but that would be a strange move to make right now, and a risky one at that. She could be mafia and trying to get somebody to claim to her, to start learning which townies to kill.

    ...Or she could just be saying that for the heck of it, with no real meaning behind it. Personally, that's what I'm leaning toward. Or perhaps she wants to try to draw out the real masons (which would also be risky, but maybe a possibility).
    Granted, I found it highly strange and a bit hard to swallow as truth, but still, I did at least mention the possibility.

  3. #168
    Registered User Pariah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,246
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Pokemon GSC - HGSS Style Mafia - DAY 2 - Mystery in Mahogany Town - 10/15

    Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    Oh, just to clarify, I didn't realize that Sputnik had already voted you, Aelita, so I guess I won't end up voting you after all to save myself.

    Also, I did indeed give the possibility of you being truthful in my initial post:

    Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia
    It could be true, but that would be a strange move to make right now, and a risky one at that.She could be mafia and trying to get somebody to claim to her, to start learning which townies to kill.

    ...Or she could just be saying that for the heck of it, with no real meaning behind it. Personally, that's what I'm leaning toward. Or perhaps she wants to try to draw out the real masons (which would also be risky, but maybe a possibility).
    Granted, I found it highly strange and a bit hard to swallow as truth, but still, I did at least mention the possibility.
    Now imagine your someone who's not playing the game; read the underlined sentence and tell me: Doesn't that sentence completely kills the statement before it and makes the person your talking about aka me, a lot more suspicious?

    I mean, by all purposes, you did write the possibility, but you made sure to make me look guilty in the process.

    I don't know if I'm explaining myself properly, I am tired and I need some rest :<
    My life is a nightmare

  4. #169
    カジカ Zeems's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,507
    Blog Entries
    118

    Default Re: Pokemon GSC - HGSS Style Mafia - DAY 2 - Mystery in Mahogany Town - 10/15

    Quote Originally Posted by Aelita View Post
    I don't know if I'm explaining myself properly, I am tired and I need some rest :<
    You aren't. I will be straight and honest with you. XD

  5. #170
    Still the coolest! jokool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    2,102
    Blog Entries
    84

    Default Re: Pokemon GSC - HGSS Style Mafia - DAY 2 - Mystery in Mahogany Town - 10/15

    *is confused*

    *hurt himself in confusion*

    Seriously, all this is very confusing.... I've looked through it a few times and I'm still not 100% sure what to think. What I do think is that Aelita isn't mafia. I highly doubt that a mafioso would make a claim like that so early on in the game just to lure out the other two masons.

  6. #171
    Prince of Renais FinalArcadia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Preparing for battle
    Posts
    2,743
    Blog Entries
    51

    Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokemon GSC - HGSS Style Mafia - DAY 2 - Mystery in Mahogany Town - 10/15

    Quote Originally Posted by Aelita View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    Oh, just to clarify, I didn't realize that Sputnik had already voted you, Aelita, so I guess I won't end up voting you after all to save myself.

    Also, I did indeed give the possibility of you being truthful in my initial post:

    Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia
    It could be true, but that would be a strange move to make right now, and a risky one at that.She could be mafia and trying to get somebody to claim to her, to start learning which townies to kill.

    ...Or she could just be saying that for the heck of it, with no real meaning behind it. Personally, that's what I'm leaning toward. Or perhaps she wants to try to draw out the real masons (which would also be risky, but maybe a possibility).
    Granted, I found it highly strange and a bit hard to swallow as truth, but still, I did at least mention the possibility.
    Now imagine your someone who's not playing the game; read the underlined sentence and tell me: Doesn't that sentence completely kills the statement before it and makes the person your talking about aka me, a lot more suspicious?

    I mean, by all purposes, you did write the possibility, but you made sure to make me look guilty in the process.

    I don't know if I'm explaining myself properly, I am tired and I need some rest :<
    No, I do understand your explanation, honestly.

    I don't know if the underlined statement "kills" the previous one (or, at least, I didn't really intend for that), but rather, I meant for it to be an alternate theory. If it comes across as an attack on your alignment that way, I apologize, but I truly intended it to be another theory juxtaposed against the previous sentence that suggested the chance of you being truthful.

  7. #172
    So you want to be a hero? Stuntology's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Spielburg
    Posts
    863

    Default Re: Pokemon GSC - HGSS Style Mafia - DAY 2 - Mystery in Mahogany Town - 10/15

    Honestly, I'm finding FinalArcadia's over-explanations and arguments kind of suspicious. In every mafia game I've played, the mafia tends to make posts like these.

    Or maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

    Goblins and Saurus and Cheetaurs, oh my!

  8. #173
    STEEEEEEEEL Kyouhei!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    ブリスベン、オースト
    Posts
    146

    Visit Kyouhei!'s Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokemon GSC - HGSS Style Mafia - DAY 2 - Mystery in Mahogany Town - 10/15

    As far as I can tell, "Mason" is a good guy who looks like a bad guy. In that case, it's the perfect disguise for a Team Rocket.

    Vote: Aelita

    This epic banner was made by the epic Blue Dragon!

  9. #174
    CAPS KidBeano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    967
    Blog Entries
    3

    Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokemon GSC - HGSS Style Mafia - DAY 2 - Mystery in Mahogany Town - 10/15

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhei! View Post
    As far as I can tell, "Mason" is a good guy who looks like a bad guy. In that case, it's the perfect disguise for a Team Rocket.

    Vote: Aelita
    Hnng, that's not what it means in mafia. "Mason" just means a group of people who know each other.

    You guys (especially Sputnik and FinalArcadia) are actually so unbelievable. I PUBLICLY SAID ONE OF THE MASONS SHOULD CLAIM. Why does that make Aelita suspicious? Hint: IT DOESN'T.

    You want the reasoning why one of the masons should've claimed? Please refer to my earlier post which obviously none of you read.

    Quote Originally Posted by KidBeano View Post
    The fact that one of the masons was a miller has my opinion torn. I'm debating whether or not DQ would've placed a mafia mason in that combination. Then again, I don't actually know anything about Karen or Will - are they affiliated with Team Rocket in any way?

    If Karen and Will are indeed definitely 100% non-team rocket, what would be the best thing to do is for one of the masons to claim - if we have a counterclaim, then the second mason claims. If we have a second counterclaim, congratulations mafia, you just outed 2 of your members. We lynch one person from one of the couples - if we hit a mafia member, we lynch the other in that pair and the doctor wifoms between the two masons. If we hit a mason, the doctor protects the remaining mason and we lynch the 2 mafia members. It's a win/win.
    Of course we don't believe she's mason straight away until there's been a chance for people to counterclaim, but we don't friggin' lynch her for claiming. I say give it until the beginning of Day 3, and if no-one's counterclaimed by then, she's legit. If it turns out endgame she isn't legit, that's both masons' fault and not ours.

    Vote: FinalArcadia

    Purely to tie this up so Aelita doesn't get lynched - if we can agree on a more suitable and not completely outrageous target, then I'll change.
    Last edited by KidBeano; 15th October 2012 at 02:59 AM.
    MORE CAPS

    ~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

  10. #175
    STEEEEEEEEL Kyouhei!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    ブリスベン、オースト
    Posts
    146

    Visit Kyouhei!'s Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokemon GSC - HGSS Style Mafia - DAY 2 - Mystery in Mahogany Town - 10/15

    Quote Originally Posted by KidBeano View Post
    Hnng, that's not what it means in mafia. "Mason" just means a group of people who know each other.
    *GASP* That's even better for a mafia! They can say their fellow members are clean and get away with it!

    T.T Not even Mafia and I'm making strategies.

    Quote Originally Posted by KidBeano View Post
    You guys (especially Sputnik and FinalArcadia) are actually so unbelievable. I PUBLICLY SAID ONE OF THE MASONS SHOULD CLAIM. Why does that make Aelita suspicious? Hint: IT DOESN'T.
    In fact, asking for a Mason to claim lets the Mafia take the advantage I accidentally strategised above.

    This epic banner was made by the epic Blue Dragon!

  11. #176
    CAPS KidBeano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    967
    Blog Entries
    3

    Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokemon GSC - HGSS Style Mafia - DAY 2 - Mystery in Mahogany Town - 10/15

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhei! View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KidBeano View Post
    Hnng, that's not what it means in mafia. "Mason" just means a group of people who know each other.
    *GASP* That's even better for a mafia! They can say their fellow members are clean and get away with it!

    T.T Not even Mafia and I'm making strategies.

    Quote Originally Posted by KidBeano View Post
    You guys (especially Sputnik and FinalArcadia) are actually so unbelievable. I PUBLICLY SAID ONE OF THE MASONS SHOULD CLAIM. Why does that make Aelita suspicious? Hint: IT DOESN'T.
    In fact, asking for a Mason to claim lets the Mafia take the advantage I accidentally strategised above.
    ... *deep breath* Ok, I'm going to explain this as simply as I can, because obviously people aren't getting it.

    The person that died Night 1 due to the mafia kill was 'Pryce'. As part of his role, he was teamed up with two other members ('Karen' and 'Will'). He knew which two people had those roles. In other words, there were three people who knew each other.

    Now, since Pryce has died, that obviously leaves 2 of the masons left. So, if we have one of them claim, then we're either going to get a) an uncounterclaimed mason claim; or b) a counterclaimed mason claim. If the claim is counterclaimed, then we have the second mason claim. If both get a second person to back up their claim, then we know that one of the pairs has to be a mafia pair. So, we choose which person to lynch, and take action dependant on the outcome. Asking one of the masons to claim doesn't give any kind of "advantage" to the mafia, and it's ridiculous to try and claim it does. It's not like it was a random, unprovoked mason claim, because that WOULD be suspicious, and it would be dumb for us to assume the claim was true in that case.

    Because we know for a fact that there are two masons left in the game, what's the point in hiding both when we can easily prove at least one of them?
    HumanDawn likes this.
    MORE CAPS

    ~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

  12. #177
    STEEEEEEEEL Kyouhei!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    ブリスベン、オースト
    Posts
    146

    Visit Kyouhei!'s Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokemon GSC - HGSS Style Mafia - DAY 2 - Mystery in Mahogany Town - 10/15

    Quote Originally Posted by KidBeano View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhei! View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KidBeano View Post
    Hnng, that's not what it means in mafia. "Mason" just means a group of people who know each other.
    *GASP* That's even better for a mafia! They can say their fellow members are clean and get away with it!

    T.T Not even Mafia and I'm making strategies.

    Quote Originally Posted by KidBeano View Post
    You guys (especially Sputnik and FinalArcadia) are actually so unbelievable. I PUBLICLY SAID ONE OF THE MASONS SHOULD CLAIM. Why does that make Aelita suspicious? Hint: IT DOESN'T.
    In fact, asking for a Mason to claim lets the Mafia take the advantage I accidentally strategised above.
    ... *deep breath* Ok, I'm going to explain this as simply as I can, because obviously people aren't getting it.

    The person that died Night 1 due to the mafia kill was 'Pryce'. As part of his role, he was teamed up with two other members ('Karen' and 'Will'). He knew which two people had those roles. In other words, there were three people who knew each other.

    Now, since Pryce has died, that obviously leaves 2 of the masons left. So, if we have one of them claim, then we're either going to get a) an uncounterclaimed mason claim; or b) a counterclaimed mason claim. If the claim is counterclaimed, then we have the second mason claim. If both get a second person to back up their claim, then we know that one of the pairs has to be a mafia pair. So, we choose which person to lynch, and take action dependant on the outcome. Asking one of the masons to claim doesn't give any kind of "advantage" to the mafia, and it's ridiculous to try and claim it does. It's not like it was a random, unprovoked mason claim, because that WOULD be suspicious, and it would be dumb for us to assume the claim was true in that case.

    Because we know for a fact that there are two masons left in the game, what's the point in hiding both when we can easily prove at least one of them?
    We haven't PROVED anything. If anything, we need to know who the other mason is, so we can back your story up. However, how can we trust that this second mason isn't, hypothetically speaking, another mafia.

    This epic banner was made by the epic Blue Dragon!

  13. #178
    CAPS KidBeano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    967
    Blog Entries
    3

    Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokemon GSC - HGSS Style Mafia - DAY 2 - Mystery in Mahogany Town - 10/15

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhei! View Post
    We haven't PROVED anything. If anything, we need to know who the other mason is, so we can back your story up. However, how can we trust that this second mason isn't, hypothetically speaking, another mafia.
    We've proved there are two masons: Pryce's Role PM gives that away. And yes, we can't be 100% certain that neither of the remaining masons aren't mafia; however Karen and Will are not characters affiliated with Team Rocket in the games. The only time they would be Team Rocket is if this is the material the host used from Pokemon Adventures. Even then, it's highly unlikely that both are mafia-sided, so we can be certain that at least one of them is town.

    The second mason doesn't need to claim to back the first mason up unless there's a counterclaim. We KNOW that there are two masons left who know each other - therefore, if we have one claim, and nobody counterclaims, we KNOW that claim is true, because the role is confirmed to be in the game. The only time it would not be true is if neither of the two actual masons counterclaimed, but I'm going to assume that they're better players than that.

    Just to clear this up, I'm not saying we massclaim to one of the masons - just saying there's no point hiding both masons. If Aelita can prove herself town in some way later, then yes, we should claim.
    HumanDawn likes this.
    MORE CAPS

    ~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

  14. #179
    STEEEEEEEEL Kyouhei!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    ブリスベン、オースト
    Posts
    146

    Visit Kyouhei!'s Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokemon GSC - HGSS Style Mafia - DAY 2 - Mystery in Mahogany Town - 10/15

    Quote Originally Posted by KidBeano View Post
    We KNOW that there are two masons left who know each other - therefore, if we have one claim, and nobody counterclaims, we KNOW that claim is true, because the role is confirmed to be in the game.
    Screw it, Somebody rolecheck her. I can't unvote or Arcadia gets lynched.

    This epic banner was made by the epic Blue Dragon!

  15. #180
    CAPS KidBeano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    967
    Blog Entries
    3

    Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokemon GSC - HGSS Style Mafia - DAY 2 - Mystery in Mahogany Town - 10/15

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhei! View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KidBeano View Post
    We KNOW that there are two masons left who know each other - therefore, if we have one claim, and nobody counterclaims, we KNOW that claim is true, because the role is confirmed to be in the game.
    Screw it, Somebody rolecheck her. I can't unvote or Arcadia gets lynched.
    Nobody rolecheck her, we don't NEED to rolecheck her ._.

    Why don't you want FinalArcadia to be lynched?
    HumanDawn likes this.
    MORE CAPS

    ~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •