Mafia: Pokemon GSC - HGSS Style Mafia - NIGHT 10 - VICTORY ROAD - END GAME - 10/31 - Page 11

Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Pokemon GSC - HGSS Style Mafia - NIGHT 10 - VICTORY ROAD - END GAME - 10/31

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Pokemon GSC - HGSS Style Mafia - DAY 2 - Mystery in Mahogany Town - 10/15

Eh, not really twisting it, but just considering all the options.

I just don't want to take things at face value, especially not this early.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon GSC - HGSS Style Mafia - DAY 2 - Mystery in Mahogany Town - 10/15

Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    Eh, not really twisting it, but just considering all the options.

I just don't want to take things at face value, especially not this early.
    then you should have had considered the fact it could be true.

Here are all the options you considered:
    ...a joke...
    ...true, but...She could be mafia and trying to get somebody to claim to her, to start learning which townies to kill.

...saying that for the heck of it, with no real meaning behind it...Or perhaps she wants to try to draw out the real masons (which would also be risky, but maybe a possibility).

3 options

First one

a joke: yea maybe

Second one
    True...BUT MAYBE SHE'S MAFIA TRYING TO GET US ALL TO CLAIM TO HER AND THEN KILL US ONE BY ONE OMG THE HORROR

third one
    a joke, again BUT MAYBE SHE IS MAFIA TRYING TO LURE THE REAL MASONS TO CLAIM AND THEN KILL THEM AND THEN KILL THE REST ONE BY ONE OMG THE HORROR

that means you never really considered the fact that it could be true, or maybe you did but you don't want people to know because that would end bad for your team

Vote: FinalArcadia

your turn

My life is a nightmare

Blog Entries

@Aelita
    I did consider the fact that it could be true, which I stated in my initial post. It's just that I felt it was more of a joke, and thus decided to somewhat disregard it.

I've seen how much you like mass-claiming in other games, and to be honest, this to me came across as a way of gathering up some claims, either because you really are a mason, are mafia trying to take advantage of the current mason dilemma, or because you're just playing and seeing if anyone will claim to you just because (in which case you would be a townie but not a true mason, rather just joking).

I'll vote you later if I really am on the chopping block at update time approaches, but right now, I see no point.

Me voting you right now to tie things won't get us any info, so I'd rather wait and see if anything more substantial turns up.

Like I said, I took your mason claim as a joke, and because of that, I don't really see you as scummy at the moment and not lynch worthy at the moment. Though I must admit, that opinion is liable to change after your previous post. But still, at the moment, I'm not making a move.

Blog Entries

cRussian is now Sputnik​.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    @Aelita
    I did consider the fact that it could be true, which I stated in my initial post. It's just that I felt it was more of a joke, and thus decided to somewhat disregard it.
    Yes, but you buried said statement under 3 tons of dirt and then emphasized the possibility I could be mafia, that shows how much bias there is in your post.

I've seen how much you like mass-claiming in other games, and to be honest, this to me came across as a way of gathering up some claims, either because you really are a mason, are mafia trying to take advantage of the current mason dilemma, or because you're just playing and seeing if anyone will claim to you just because (in which case you would be a townie but not a true mason, rather just joking).
    Please keep other games where other games belong.

Again, your saying I could be town but then proceed to slap the statement by saying i could be mafia; please make up your mind

Do you think I'm mafia or not?

I'll vote you later if I really am on the chopping block at update time approaches, but right now, I see no point.
    so you would just vote me to save yourself? That's a pretty selfish attitude there. You don't win a game by surviving to the end but by helping your team eliminate the other. I consider blocking a lynch as anti-town behavior, and anything that's against the town as a lynch target.

Me voting you right now to tie things won't get us any info, so I'd rather wait and see if anything more substantial turns up.
    more substantial? what could that be? a non lynch? wouldn't you love that ^.^

Like I said, I took your mason claim as a joke, and because of that, I don't really see you as scummy at the moment and not lynch worthy at the moment. Though I must admit, that opinion is liable to change after your previous post. But still, at the moment, I'm not making a move.
    ;-;
    My life is a nightmare

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aelita View Post
    Again, your saying I could be town but then proceed to slap the statement by saying i could be mafia; please make up your mind

Just to say, you're making it sound as if there's only certainty in mafia games. :< It isn't all black and white.

so you would just vote me to save yourself? That's a pretty selfish attitude there. You don't win a game by surviving to the end but by helping your team eliminate the other. I consider blocking a lynch as anti-town behavior, and anything that's against the town as a lynch target.
    It doesn't help to just let yourself die, either, unless you're a bomb or something along those lines.

/random post

/nothing more to say because she has pretty much no opinion on either of you

Blog Entries

Yes, but you buried said statement under 3 tons of dirt and then emphasized the possibility I could be mafia, that shows how much bias there is in your post.
    I realize that I may not be the best player in TWR, but I don't know if I'd go so far as to call my attempts at analysis "dirt." XD

In all seriousness, it's better to be safe than sorry, and so long as there's a possibility that you could be mafia, I believe in caution.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelita
    Fair enough. Though I do believe that such a thing qualifies as a characteristic of your play-style, and as such has some relevance.

I can't make up my mind for certain with so little to go off of. I hardly think ANYONE can at this point. All I've done is try to address all potential possibilities of the situation. To answer your question, do I think you're mafia? No I don't, not at the moment, as I said before.

While I am a bit apprehensive of your reactions to my initial post, I don't particularly get a scum vibe from you. Claiming mason would be an dangerous tactic for a mafioso, even more so than for a townie most likely, and for that reason, I don't currently believe you to be mafia. However, I have not cleared you completely in my mind, and for that reason, I make sure to allow for all possibilities in my posts.

Yes I would. I would certainly vote you if it would tie things up.

If I know I'm town, why would I not try to protect myself? How would letting myself die without a fight help town one bit?

Town would be down one more member when it might have been preventable. We'd still have all this discussion that is currently underway available for analysis later. Me tying things wouldn't change that.

More substantial, as in maybe our cop got a cop-check and hasn't informed us yet. Or maybe somebody stumbles upon a nice, incriminating post that nobody else had considered. There are many things that could happen, and being that I have already said that I don't see you as mafia, why would I vote you when I could vote toward somebody that I more likely could see as mafia?

I'd vote you only if it'll save me and I have no other options. I have no intention of dying right now, and if a tie can save me, I'll push for it. I'm pretty sure that it's better to let a no-lynch occur than to lose a townie.

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Akuraito;4403995]

Just to say, you're making it sound as if there's only certainty in mafia games. :< It isn't all black and white.
    Now that you're here I would like to ask your opinion on me. do you think I'm joking? that I'm mafia trying to get claims? mafia trying to lure the real masons?

It doesn't help to just let yourself die, either, unless you're a bomb or something along those lines.
    Letting yourself die is sometimes better than a non lynch.

/random post

/nothing more to say because she has pretty much no opinion on either of you
    sorry but now you're gonna have to talk a little bit more

[QUOTE=FinalArcadia;4403999]
    I realize that I may not be the best player in TWR, but I don't know if I'd go so far as to call my attempts at analysis "dirt." XD
    I didn't say your analysis were "dirt" just that you were talking dirt about me

In all seriousness, it's better to be safe than sorry, and so long as there's a possibility that you could be mafia, I believe in caution.
    ok

Fair enough. Though I do believe that such a thing qualifies as a characteristic of your play-style, and as such has some relevance.

I can't make up my mind for certain with so little to go off of. I hardly think ANYONE can at this point. All I've done is try to address all potential possibilities of the situation. To answer your question, do I think you're mafia? No I don't, not at the moment, as I said before.

While I am a bit apprehensive of your reactions to my initial post, I don't particularly get a scum vibe from you. Claiming mason would be an dangerous tactic for a mafioso, even more so than for a townie most likely, and for that reason, I don't currently believe you to be mafia. However, I have not cleared you completely in my mind, and for that reason, I make sure to allow for all possibilities in my posts.
    fully noted

Yes I would. I would certainly vote you if it would tie things up.

If I know I'm town, why would I not try to protect myself? How would letting myself die without a fight help town one bit?

Town would be down one more member when it might have been preventable. We'd still have all this discussion that is currently underway available for analysis later. Me tying things wouldn't change that.
    if we didn't get to an agreement on the first day, the chances of that changing overnight are pretty slim; that means the same conversation would keep going on and on until it is too late. If you ask me, if my death clears at least one other player that has a better role than mine, yes...I would let myself die.

More substantial, as in maybe our cop got a cop-check and hasn't informed us yet. Or maybe somebody stumbles upon a nice, incriminating post that nobody else had considered. There are many things that could happen, and being that I have already said that I don't see you as mafia, why would I vote you when I could vote toward somebody that I more likely could see as mafia?
    fair enough. However, mafia won't slip up unless we make them talk
    @Sputnik;
    what are your opinions so far?
    My life is a nightmare

Blog Entries

@Aelita

All right, I can respect that. We've got some gameplay ideological differences, but I can see where you're coming from, at least.

I can wholeheartedly agree that we do need to make people talk in order to force a slip-up. Especially when things have been relatively quiet. So I do get why you were questioning me, and honestly, something like that is a pretty good way to put pressure on somebody.

I'm still going to wait before making any voting decisions, however.

Blog Entries

@Aelita;

Honestly, I think your arguments are below par. I don't know if it's just me, but you aren't making any sense. FinalArcadia is beating you at this argument, so I don't know why you're still going at this. Also, the more you speak, the more suspicious I get of you. I would love to believe your mason claim, but I'm having a difficult time even figuring out why you would claim such a role this early on. Like I said before, you are too experienced for that kind of move...

追放されたバカ

You know, there's a fair chance that most of us are just townies arguing amongst ourselves - it happens. But claiming mason so early in the game, as cRussian Sputnik has stated, is quite strange.
    Zeems likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    @Aelita;

Honestly, I think your arguments are below par. I don't know if it's just me, but you aren't making any sense. FinalArcadia is beating you at this argument, so I don't know why you're still going at this. Also, the more you speak, the more suspicious I get of you. I would love to believe your mason claim, but I'm having a difficult time even figuring out why you would claim such a role this early on. Like I said before, you are too experienced for that kind of move...
    not need to be so harsh...you're hurting me ;-;

I think you're a little lost, as I don't think I was having a win-lose argument with FinalArcadia; however, it would be nice of you if you could explain when would be a better time to claim mason than when one of then just died.
    My life is a nightmare

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Now that you're here I would like to ask your opinion on me. do you think I'm joking? that I'm mafia trying to get claims? mafia trying to lure the real masons?
    I'm more inclined towards believing you're joking over a scenario that you're mafia, really. *shrug* Am I completely against the thought that you're a mason? No. But there's just something odd about you claiming like that that I can't put my finger on... Of course, I'm always ridiculously paranoid about things, so I'm likely just being an idiot.

Also, may I ask why you left the option of you telling the truth out of that post?

In some cases, yes. But Final is definitely a skilled player, so even if she doesn't have a useful role... Assuming that she's town, it'd really kinda suck to lose her. >< Even if she weren't a particularly talented player... *shrug* I share her view on this, anyway. I mean, I don't see how her getting lynched today would give us any information if she were town.

sorry but now you're gonna have to talk a little bit more
    I'm fully willing to talk, but I'm usually kinda stupid or just completely neutral, so...

Blog Entries

@Aelita;

not need to be so harsh...you're hurting me ;-;

I think you're a little lost, as I don't think I was having a win-lose argument with FinalArcadia; however, it would be nice of you if you could explain when would be a better time to claim mason than when one of then just died.
    Boy... I sure am lost. Please make some sense. XD

You definitely could have waited before claiming. You picked the wrong time to claim, and, for the third time, YOU ARE TOO EXPERIENCED OF A PLAYER TO CLAIM THIS EARLY. You could have claimed when you HAD A TARGET ON YOUR BACK INSTEAD OF MAKING ONE!

My vote stays.

Blog Entries

Also, may I ask why you left the option of you telling the truth out of that post?
    maybe because I just gave you FinalArcadia's possible options. As you can now see she doesn't think I could be telling the truth
    In some cases, yes. But Final is definitely a skilled player, so even if she doesn't have a useful role... Assuming that she's town, it'd really kinda suck to lose her. >< Even if she weren't a particularly talented player... *shrug* I share her view on this, anyway. I mean, I don't see how her getting lynched today would give us any information if she were town.
    Now imagine she's mafia. wouldn't it suck to let her live? What I'm trying to say here is not to decide a lynch based on the skills of a player. Check a few games where phoenicks has been mafia to give yourself an idea

Boy... I sure am lost. Please make some sense. XD

You definitely could have waited before claiming. You picked the wrong time to claim, and, for the third time, YOU ARE TOO EXPERIENCED OF A PLAYER TO CLAIM THIS EARLY. You could have claimed when you HAD A TARGET ON YOUR BACK INSTEAD OF MAKING ONE!

My vote stays.

experience? is that something like logic? sorry, I don't know what that is nor I think it should be something to be used against someone. So you're saying you're voting me because I am an experienced player who made an slip? I don't see how that's a better argument than mine. btw, you were the one that targeted me first
    Last edited by Pariah; 14th October 2012 at 09:28 PM.
    My life is a nightmare

Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast