Mafia: Pokemon DPPt - Sinnoh Mafia - THE END - Hall of Origin - 1/17 - Page 7

Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Like Tree131Likes

Thread: Pokemon DPPt - Sinnoh Mafia - THE END - Hall of Origin - 1/17

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon DPPt - Sinnoh Mafia - Day 1 - Twinleaf Town - 12/29

Ignoring @Haruto Tenjo's OMGUS.

@FinalArcadia

I think he's a Survivor who claimed Jester so he wouldn't be lynched (thus, accomplishing his Win Condition). Until I'm persuaded otherwise, I won't be voting for him.

He sounds genuine - I don't like the way he handled it, it felt clumsy, but that's why I believe it.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Pata pata pata pata pata! Italy-kun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Italy-kun on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    And as has been brought up, nobody in the Sinnoh region really screams jester, so it is very likely that he is lying. I just don't see that as pro-town behavior.
    I have something to add to this discussion but it might be against the rules to say it so I'm waiting on a PM from the host to see if I'm allowed.
    "It just goes to show you that people with brain damage are the real heroes, aren't they?" --Wheatley, Portal 2
    "Open mouth, insert foot." --Joe Kido, Digimon Adventure 01
    "Screw it, the gloves are coming off, MEAN BEAN MACHINE!" --Me playing Sonic Mega Collection

Played in Inazuma Eleven Mafia, Super Street Fighter IV Mafia and Pokemon Christmas Mafia 2011. Winning faction of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Mafia and DPPt: Sinnoh Mafia! SO HAPPY!

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    If you're ignoring, why bother pointing it out?

Also, it's not OMGUS. It's called a theory.

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

I think he's a Survivor who claimed Jester so he wouldn't be lynched (thus, accomplishing his Win Condition). Until I'm persuaded otherwise, I won't be voting for him.

He sounds genuine - I don't like the way he handled it, it felt clumsy, but that's why I believe it.
    It still seems to me that claiming survivor (if that's what he actually is) would be safer/easier than jester, though. Jester would be a way of explaining why he wouldn't be night-killed either, which would be handy for mafia, so that's why I'm keeping my vote.

But I do kind of see what you're saying in regard to the "clumsy" part, so thank you for clarifying.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haruto Tenjo View Post

Okay, fine, let's entertain your theory, then.

If Aura-kun is Scum fake-claiming Independent, as you suggest:

To claim so early, when it was completely unnecessary, he would have had to have planned this claim in advance - i.e. decided during Night 0 that he was going to fakeclaim Independent at the first available opportunity.

Now, if he had planned this claim in advance, I don't think it would have come out as poorly as it did - this is all I'm getting at. It sounded like he was a genuinely spooked Independent afraid he was going to get killed for no good reason on Day 1 so he panicked and claimed Jester.

And frankly: Fake-claiming Jester OR Survivor when you aren't is rather risky - since both Independent roles are fairly common. Scum would fakeclaim something useful (like Cop or Doctor, to out a counter-claim) or safe (like Vanilla).

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

Okay, fine, let's entertain your theory, then.

If Aura-kun is Scum fake-claiming Independent, as you suggest:

To claim so early, when it was completely unnecessary, he would have had to have planned this claim in advance - i.e. decided during Night 0 that he was going to fakeclaim Independent at the first available opportunity.

Now, if he had planned this claim in advance, I don't think it would have come out as poorly as it did - this is all I'm getting at. It sounded like he was a genuinely spooked Independent afraid he was going to get killed for no good reason on Day 1 so he panicked and claimed Jester.

And frankly: Fake-claiming Jester OR Survivor when you aren't is rather risky - since both Independent roles are fairly common.
    There was one vote on him, though. Now, if he had two or three votes, I could understand the claiming. But one vote meant nothing, especially when other votes were put in. I'm just having a very hard time buying it...

Blog Entries

There was one vote on him, though. Now, if he had two or three votes, I could understand the claiming. But one vote meant nothing, especially when other votes were put in. I'm just having a very hard time buying it...
    This is precisely my point - Scum wouldn't have fake-claimed after just one vote. They have their whole scum-team available to make other random Day 1 votes to form a counterwagon and no one would have blamed him for it.

Independents are on their own - one vote could mean the start of a bandwagon that he couldn't stop alone, so he claimed. I don't think Scum-Aura-kun would claim in this scenario, but I think Independent-Aura-kun would.

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

This is precisely my point - Scum wouldn't have fake-claimed after just one vote. They have their whole scum-team available to make other random Day 1 votes to form a counterwagon and no one would have blamed him for it.

Independents are on their own - one vote could mean the start of a bandwagon that he couldn't stop alone, so he claimed. I don't think Scum-Aura-kun would claim in this scenario, but I think Independent-Aura-kun would.
    I understand all that you're saying, but this all really depends on the team. Although I do have a major question; is he a newbie player or..? yes, this is actually relevant

Blog Entries

^ Good question.

@Aura-kun You mentioned a gambit of mine from a previous game - what game were you referring to, and were you in it? I need to examine your Meta.

Blog Entries

Visit Orion's Youtube Channel

I understand all that you're saying, but this all really depends on the team. Although I do have a major question; is he a newbie player or..? yes, this is actually relevant
    He said that the town has never won in a game he has played. I don't think he's a noob. Hey @Aura-kun, how many games have you played prior to this one?

Blog Entries

@Master Mew; I dun remember what game. I was in it, and you were like "Vanilla mafia is boring, I don't want to be vanilla mafia, lynch me" and everyone else was like "ZOMG MEWIE IS A BOMB" and I was like "Woah guys, maybe he's telling the truth" and then I died and idk what happened.
    @Orion; Idk, I think three.
    "It just goes to show you that people with brain damage are the real heroes, aren't they?" --Wheatley, Portal 2
    "Screw it, the gloves are coming off, MEAN BEAN MACHINE!" --Me playing Sonic Mega Collection

Played in Inazuma Eleven Mafia, Super Street Fighter IV Mafia and Pokemon Christmas Mafia 2011. Winning faction of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Mafia and DPPt: Sinnoh Mafia! SO HAPPY!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aura-kun View Post
    @Master Mew; I dun remember what game. I was in it, and you were like "Vanilla mafia is boring, I don't want to be vanilla mafia, lynch me" and everyone else was like "ZOMG MEWIE IS A BOMB" and I was like "Woah guys, maybe he's telling the truth" and then I died and idk what happened.
    @Orion; Idk, I think three.
    OMG Yes, I remember that game, now.

Everyone was like, "Maybe he's a bomb O.O" and eventually concluded that I was the Jester. They refused to lynch me and I survived to endgame.

For the record, I was not, in fact, a Jester in that game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    He said that the town has never won in a game he has played. I don't think he's a noob. Hey @Aura-kun, how many games have you played prior to this one?
    Actually, I think maybe the town won in Christmas Mafia 2011. I don't remember.

EDIT: Guys, IDFK how my character is jester. It doesn't make sense to me. But it's true.

Blog Entries

@Haruto Tenjo

Suppose that Aura-kun really is an Independent - if so, who would your next suspect be in light of that knowledge?

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

@Haruto Tenjo

Suppose that Aura-kun really is an Independent - if so, who would your next suspect be in light of that knowledge?
    I'm not following... er, what do you mean? You mean who I would suspect if he turned up independent? It would probably still be you. Hypothetically speaking, if he was lynched and turned up independent, I would think it was odd that you seemed so adamant and sure of it, as if there was no doubt in your mind. Only a mafioso would have no doubt when speaking of someone's alignment. Not that they would know if he was an independent or town, but it would still be a hell of a lot easier to 'trust' someone's words on alignments.

Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast