Mafia: Pokemon BW: Unova All-Star Mafia - END GAME - 6/26 - Page 6
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 225

Thread: Pokemon BW: Unova All-Star Mafia - END GAME - 6/26

  1. #76
    the bug catcher pokémon Buoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    olivine city, johto.
    Posts
    2,095
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: Pokemon BW: Unova All-Star Mafia - NIGHT 1: Caught Cold-handed - 06-18

    Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    It's not good enough. You can't point that out and expect it to be something valid. We all know there wasn't a valid reason to lynch GliscorMan. While I'm happy he turned out mafia, I really don't want this to encourage reckless lynches in the future. You honestly can't pretend that Midorikawa had a point in voting GliscorMan. I'm not really sure why you brought it up, actually. They're not even your reasons to defend.

    Besides that, CrackFox didn't say that a 'silly reason' would have been permissible for the lynch -- she wanted to know why Midorikawa wanted to vote GM; Mido's first reason was 'because I want to', and CrackFox was looking to know WHY she wanted to, even if it was a silly reason. You're trying to be pedantic to use CrackFox's words against her. Selectively quoting is not particularly a good sign from you.

    Two questions:
    1. Why did you even point out Midorikawa's 'reasoning' (if that's what you want to call it)? It's past the fact now.
    2. Why bother to go against CrackFox like that? It's clear what she meant when she was talking about 'silly reasons', at least to me. Was it because she wasn't on board with those ridiculous reasons you feel the need to defend?
    I'm not saying that there was a valid reason to lynch GliscorMan either, hence why I didn't vote him. What I'm trying to point out is that CrackFox comes across as defending GliscorMan, because she ignored that Midori did give something in explanation (which isn't to say that she or I or anyone had to agree with it). Harpy putting "because I want to" as the first reason was questionable, but she did give some more in her following three points.

    I also don't think it's selectively quoting when I didn't even cut the quote short or anything.

    1) I only pointed out her reasoning because it pertained to what CrackFox said. I never said that I agreed with Harpy's reasons, I just quoted them to show that there was something given that had already fit what CrackFox said. Pressure sometimes doesn't work because as you pointed out, often there is nothing to defend against on Day 1, but it can be useful to make sure that someone speaks up, so I don't think the reasons were completely ridiculous, just not advisable in all situations.

    2) CrackFox frankly strikes me as someone to keep an eye on. Part gut feeling, and part just that her posts have rubbed me the wrong way. I don't think it's too unlikely that she wanted to subtly defend GliscorMan. However, I acknowledge that there isn't much behind this, but it's a hunch I intend to keep in the back of my mind at least.
    fair enough, i guess. why is it that the same things don't apply to me, though? crackfox and i both pretty much said the same stuff.

  2. #77
    Elite Sniper FinalArcadia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Frelia
    Posts
    2,798
    Blog Entries
    55

    Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokemon BW: Unova All-Star Mafia - NIGHT 1: Caught Cold-handed - 06-18

    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    fair enough, i guess. why is it that the same things don't apply to me, though? crackfox and i both pretty much said the same stuff.
    It was specifically the bit about even a "silly one" in this right here:

    1. Because you want to is fair enough but there must be a reason for that, even if it's a silly one.
    Whereas you had right off the bat called out that Harpy's reasoning was flawed and shouldn't be used, CrackFox seemed more to just ignore the reasons completely. Possible that I just read this differently, but it seems to just pass over Harpy's previous post and instead seems to defend GliscorMan.

    Also, this bothers me too:

    I wasn't leaping to your defense. It was the logic I had a problem with, not the vote on you as such. You have just as much chance of turning up mafia as anyone else right now so I don't mind. Buoy is totally right, we are lynching for no reason here. Not gonna vote because I don't want to be part of a rash bandwagon but looks like he'll be lynched anyway. I just hope we get lucky.
    Since this was posted when it was clear that GliscorMan was going to be lynched, it seems suddenly like "Oh, better back up a bit with some neutrality now that GM is a lost cause."

  3. #78
    SHSL Gambler CrackFox's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Hope's Peak Academy
    Posts
    5,651
    Blog Entries
    117

    Default Re: Pokemon BW: Unova All-Star Mafia - NIGHT 1: Caught Cold-handed - 06-18

    I am seriously getting bored of people's logic in games these days. So if I don't want to vote random people for no reason, that makes me look suspicious? Playing isn't just about elimanating the mafia, it's about looking out for your fellow townies too. I think the bandwagon on Gliscor was risky and unfair to him. Forget the fact that it paid off, that was just luck. The "silly comments" was directed at everyone, not Mido specifically I meant things like 'voting so and so because his avatar looks evil' etc. That is all day one is filled with usually.

    @FinalArcadia; Fine, whilst we are grasping at straws here is something i've noticed. During the lynch you mostly kept quiet and didn't cast a vote. Now, suddenly you are all over the thread pointing the finger at other people, looking a bit scummy yourself to be honest.

    Seen as I was active during the end phase, if I was mafia I would have made sure Gliscor used his lynch re-direct or begged the host to allow me to make the decision for him. Might be a bit of insight there, the mafia are most likely fairly inactive players.

    Can I also just clarify I wasn't sticking up for anyone, I was sticking up for good logic.

    THE WAR ROOM
    ~ The home of Mafia and Non-Mafia games.
    Art tumblr

  4. #79

    Default Re: Pokemon BW: Unova All-Star Mafia - NIGHT 1: Caught Cold-handed - 06-18

    I don't know what other way to get things started because randomly voting someone, or voting a random person for pressure and see what reactions we get from that. Midorikawa starting a pressure vote actually helped get things rolling in my opinion, but her reasoning for voting GM instead of GWS doesn't sit well with me.

    Gliscorman turning out as the lynch redirector does cause me to have my suspicions on Midorikawa, especially since her reasoning for voting against him in the first place wasn't something I agreed with.

    But I feel that it also wouldn't be very tactical, because there would be more suspicion directed towards GM as a consequence, and there's no need to sacrifice a mafia member so early in the game.
    Last edited by Faerie; 18th June 2013 at 08:43 PM.

  5. #80
    I Live In The War Room GengarWithSunglasses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Lavender Town
    Posts
    17

    Default Re: Pokemon BW: Unova All-Star Mafia - NIGHT 1: Caught Cold-handed - 06-18

    Wow... we were really lucky LOL.

    Gengar won the battle and got 569 exp.

    FinalArcadia's theory on Harpy mentioning him to alert him to redirect seems like a very interesting theory, but anyway.

    @Spectrum Achromatic
    Sorry for not confirming. I thought I did, but I didn't. My bad. I'll do it right now. Role confirmed.

  6. #81
    The love of my life Kyriaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    7,596
    Blog Entries
    422

    Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

    Default Re: Pokemon BW: Unova All-Star Mafia - NIGHT 1: Caught Cold-handed - 06-18

    ACTIONS LOCKED. UPDATE PENDING

  7. #82
    The love of my life Kyriaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    7,596
    Blog Entries
    422

    Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

    Default Pokemon BW: Unova All-Star Mafia - NIGHT 2: Screams on Screen - 06-19




    Icirrus City - In winter, the city is covered with snow as far as the eye can see.

    "Huh, I thought he'd be here. Where did he go?"

    Hilbert climbed up the snowy hill and looked around. The weather around this place had gotten bizarre, and it was snowing despite the warm season.

    What could have caused this to happen, and where was the man he sought had gone?





    Nate had never seen such wonderful acting. Even though he knew he should concentrate on his own script, he could not help but glance over at the set next to his. The world-class actor, Brycen, was fighting fist-to-fist with a dark figure. It looked like a special prop from the studio. A certain young man was silently watching the filming, whispering words that was almost impossible to hear within the noisy studio.

    Nate decided to complete his own movie and watch his idol's movie in the theater as well. He left the studio after receiving compliments from the producer.


    Suddenly, the dark figure that was fighting Brycen vanished for a second. It reappeared right behind the actor, who had no time to react.

    "Wait a minute - that wasn't in the script!" The director yelled.

    Too late - the actor fell to the ground.





    Pokéstar Studios - where great movies are produced.

    A place where you can film movies with pokemons. An easy place to get killed while making it look like an accident...
    Nate was about to head to the theater when he heard screams coming from the studio. He was horrified upon discovering the scene.




    "Somebody get help!" The director screamed as he rushed over to help their best actor stand up.

    However, his legs gave way when he noticed Brycen was bleeding too much.


    The dark figure was nowhere to be seen. A young man merely shrugged as he walked away, unnoticed among the commotion.





    A villager living just south to Icirrus moor played a tune in memory of their beloved actor. Hilbert decided to stay awhile to listen.



    DUE TO THE BELOVED PRINCE GETTING KILLED, THE FOLLOWING DAY PHASE WILL BE SKIPPED.


    IT IS NIGHT 2. YOU MAY SEND IN YOUR ACTIONS

    THE UPDATE WILL BE ON 6/20 APPROXIMATELY AROUND 11PM GMT +9. This equals to 9 AM EST (GMT -5) with no daylight savings

  8. #83
    This world is merciless Pokemaster97's Avatar Bulbanews Senior WriterArchives StaffBulbapedia StaffModerator
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    911
    Blog Entries
    2

    Visit Pokemaster97's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokemon BW: Unova All-Star Mafia - NIGHT 2: Screams on Screen - 06-19

    Apologies for missing the first 2 phases, let me read up on the thread and post my thoughts.

  9. #84
    Elite Sniper FinalArcadia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Frelia
    Posts
    2,798
    Blog Entries
    55

    Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokemon BW: Unova All-Star Mafia - NIGHT 1: Caught Cold-handed - 06-18

    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    Fine, whilst we are grasping at straws here is something i've noticed. During the lynch you mostly kept quiet and didn't cast a vote. Now, suddenly you are all over the thread pointing the finger at other people, looking a bit scummy yourself to be honest.
    I've pretty much only pointed a finger at you, and Harpy slightly with a theory (though she was night-killed), so I don't see how I've been all over pointing at people other than you? I didn't want to waste a night phase after we got things to look at during Day 1, so I acted on things that stood out to me, which happened to involve you.

    Seen as I was active during the end phase, if I was mafia I would have made sure Gliscor used his lynch re-direct or begged the host to allow me to make the decision for him. Might be a bit of insight there, the mafia are most likely fairly inactive players.
    But how would you have made sure that his lynch was redirected? Harpy had mentioned him, he'd gotten a host mention aside from the update mention, so I don't see how you could have made sure to have him redirect if you were mafia, because if he didn't from all that, it doesn't seem like anything would've helped. Saying that if you were mafia you'd have done something to use the redirect is something that anyone could say, and it's handy since nobody can prove it one way or the other either as to how true it may be.

  10. #85
    Captain of Tao Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Ohisama En
    Posts
    11,375
    Blog Entries
    23

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokemon BW: Unova All-Star Mafia - NIGHT 2: Screams on Screen - 06-19

    Somehow I knew this would happen. Goodluck town. Spectrum if you need any subs I'm willing

  11. #86
    im so high rite now Totally Not Booster Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Neverland
    Posts
    1,749
    Blog Entries
    78

    Follow Totally Not Booster Gold on Tumblr

    Default Re: Pokemon BW: Unova All-Star Mafia - NIGHT 1: Caught Cold-handed - 06-18

    Ok sorry for not being active, I was busy with other stuff. Nonetheless i am here to reign Justice! *Booster Gold activated*

    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    @Harpy; Your reasons don't make a lot of sense.

    1. Because you want to is fair enough but there must be a reason for that, even if it's a silly one.

    2. True but for all we know Gliscorman's role could be very important to the town and since so few people have actually voted yet, immeditately jumping on a bandwagon seems wreckless.

    3. To echo what HumanDawn said, I don't know what you mean by the GWS remark. Could you elaborate?
    Its day one, lynching's better then doing nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    That's the problem with voting to put pressure on a player. Sometimes, for whatever reasons they don't defend themselves regardless of their allignment. Since this phase lasts a while i'm gonna hold off. I have no idea who to vote for right now anyway.
    Then that's their fault, not ours.
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    Six hours left, and there are 2 votes on Gliscorman... I wouldn't like a no lynch to somehow happen as that would just make us be in Day 1 2.0 in Day 2 unless anyone has a lead, so yeah VOTE: Gliscorman.
    You pressure Faerie about this, yet you do the same? Hmmmm intresting.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    @GliscorMan; I wasn't leaping to your defense. It was the logic I had a problem with, not the vote on you as such. You have just as much chance of turning up mafia as anyone else right now so I don't mind. Buoy is totally right, we are lynching for no reason here. Not gonna vote because I don't want to be part of a rash bandwagon but looks like he'll be lynched anyway. I just hope we get lucky.
    Hmm interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    I am seriously getting bored of people's logic in games these days. So if I don't want to vote random people for no reason, that makes me look suspicious? Playing isn't just about elimanating the mafia, it's about looking out for your fellow townies too. I think the bandwagon on Gliscor was risky and unfair to him. Forget the fact that it paid off, that was just luck. The "silly comments" was directed at everyone, not Mido specifically I meant things like 'voting so and so because his avatar looks evil' etc. That is all day one is filled with usually.
    You hit it on the dot.
    @FinalArcadia; Fine, whilst we are grasping at straws here is something i've noticed. During the lynch you mostly kept quiet (Evidence suggests otherwise)and didn't cast a vote. Now, suddenly you are all over the thread pointing the finger at other people, looking a bit scummy yourself to be honest. (that's scum hunting)

    Seen as I was active during the end phase, if I was mafia I would have made sure Gliscor used his lynch re-direct or begged the host to allow me to make the decision for him. Might be a bit of insight there, the mafia are most likely fairly inactive players. (The games I played that's quite the opposite)

    Can I also just clarify I wasn't sticking up for anyone, I was sticking up for good logic.
    That is all. If this makes me scummy, then god help us all.

  12. #87
    SHSL Gambler CrackFox's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Hope's Peak Academy
    Posts
    5,651
    Blog Entries
    117

    Default Re: Pokemon BW: Unova All-Star Mafia - NIGHT 2: Screams on Screen - 06-19

    Not sure what your point is @BoosterGold; You can't just quote me and say 'hmm'. Maybe my point about inactive people scared you into posting. It certainly doesn't seem like you have much to say on the matter.

    Also, to answer your question @FinalArcadia; In almost every game I've played as mafia my scum buddies roles are listed in the opening post of the mafia QT. It's always been that way as far as I have known it although i've only been mafia about twice so I guess I can't claim that it's the case in this game. It is why I assumed it though. Whoever is scum they must be conversing with eachother and naturally they would learn eachothers' ability very quickly. Call me out on that if you want but surely everyone knows how games actually work.

    THE WAR ROOM
    ~ The home of Mafia and Non-Mafia games.
    Art tumblr

  13. #88
    Elite Sniper FinalArcadia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Frelia
    Posts
    2,798
    Blog Entries
    55

    Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokemon BW: Unova All-Star Mafia - NIGHT 2: Screams on Screen - 06-19

    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    Also, to answer your question @FinalArcadia; In almost every game I've played as mafia my scum buddies roles are listed in the opening post of the mafia QT. It's always been that way as far as I have known it although i've only been mafia about twice so I guess I can't claim that it's the case in this game. It is why I assumed it though. Whoever is scum they must be conversing with eachother and naturally they would learn eachothers' ability very quickly. Call me out on that if you want but surely everyone knows how games actually work.
    I know that, but what I'm saying is that if somebody hasn't checked their QT, then scumbuddies might try to get their attention in other ways if possible, such as through here (PMs, mentions, things like that). I'm sure the mafia did know GliscorMan's ability, based on how things go in other games generally. But as GliscorMan may not have been able to be online in time for any redirections, regardless of what his allies may have tried (for all we know they could have tried to say something in the QT), I just don't see why you mentioned what you'd have done if you were mafia, since it's a claim that nobody has any way of verifying anyhow. Additionally, I don't quite understand how mentioning mafia QTs and opening posts related to my previous post when it still doesn't back up what you said.

    I do agree with you that more explanation from Booster Gold on his post would be very helpful, though, outside of mainly noting things as interesting. @Booster Gold

  14. #89
    Cryst Fairy HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Luxendarc
    Posts
    1,151
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: Pokemon BW: Unova All-Star Mafia - NIGHT 2: Screams on Screen - 06-19

    Pokemon Movie Mafia HQ - QuickTopic free message board hosting

    In the second QT post Spectrum Achromatic listed all the abilities in the Mafia QT in a Mafia game she previously hosted.

    I only asked Midorikawa to clarify what she meant, not pressure her.

  15. #90
    Happy mariowie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,483
    Blog Entries
    119

    Default Re: Pokemon BW: Unova All-Star Mafia - NIGHT 2: Screams on Screen - 06-19

    Ow that is what happend I thought I missed three phases now, sorry for my inactivity in the first phases.
    Gone

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •