Mafia: Pokemon Best Wishes! Season 2 Mafia - ENDGAME TOWN AND INDEPENDENT WIN 06/01/13 - Page 5

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: Pokemon Best Wishes! Season 2 Mafia - ENDGAME TOWN AND INDEPENDENT WIN 06/01/13

The Lord of the Dance m0ckingbird20's Avatar

Visit m0ckingbird20's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Pokemon Best Wishes! Season 2 Mafia - Night 0 Role Confirmation! 29/01/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    I have no intention of "handling every move each town player makes," and even if I did, the notion that Scum are going to "know how to respond," just because I am clear in my methodology is false.

I'm not being negative, I'm being critical - there is a distinction. I'm analyzing intent, weeding out anti-town behavior, and scumhunting.

We're getting into the weeds now, though, so I'll just ask you a direct question: Is there anyone who looks more likely to be scum than random chance?
    The line between negative and critical is thin and often people can't avoid stepping a little on both sides but anyway I am not offended or anything, just saying my opinion.

To you question. Right now I would go with Doctors point if view.

VOTE: Fynx

Edit:
    English in not my native language so I can only guess what the expression "We're getting into the weeds now." means. Although I think I got the point.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Best Wishes! Season 2 Mafia - Night 0 Role Confirmation! 29/01/2013

Quote Originally Posted by m0ckingbird20 View Post
    To you question. Right now I would go with Doctors point if view.

VOTE: Fynx
    Then I suppose, since you've now tied the votes with the the Dark Blueberry wagon, it's time to address Doctor jokool's point of view:

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor jokool View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynx View Post
    Oooh, what a start.

VOTE: Dark Blueberry

Seems like mafia just trying to get an easy post so that they won't be seen as lurking.
    A fairly serious discussion was happening, and all you can do is post another random vote? Seems like you're trying to throw off the discussion.

Also, in regards to the bold part, the same could be said for you.
    I agree that her vote helped defuse the ongoing debate, but I don't feel that that particular debate was relevant to scumhunting - much like Mockingbird and I having our little bout just now over optimal play, the debate was largely a game-theory debate that wasn't furthering scumhunting and needed to end.

For that reason, I actually think the change of pace was pro-town.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew
    It may have been what you meant, but it isn't what you said. You said you disagreed with the premise that "random lynching" is a liability to the Town - I said random lynching is a liability, but a random bandwagon doesn't have to be. The distinction is significant.
    Ohh... I guess you're right, I really should have made that more clear.

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

Uhh sorry I am making an MGS signature and I tottaly forgot to check. Umm OK Mew you have a point about Fynxs choice to vote Dark. I am not removing my vote just yet though.

Blog Entries

Uhh sorry i am king a MGS signature and I tottaly forgot to check. Umm OK Mew you have a point about Fynxs choice to vote Dark. I am not removing my vote just yet though.
    That's your prerogative - I will of course assume, however, that you are keeping your vote on Fynx even though you no longer agree with the case against her because you oppose the Dark Blueberry wagon.

This isn't a direct indictment of you, Mockingbird, but I'd like the record to show that I now believe that if Dark Blueberry flips scum, Mockingbird is a plausible partner trying to shield her from the RVS wagon.

The above will not constitute a case against Mockingbird unless Dark Blueberry flips Scum.

Uhh sorry i am king a MGS signature and I tottaly forgot to check. Umm OK Mew you have a point about Fynxs choice to vote Dark. I am not removing my vote just yet though.
    That's your prerogative - I will of course assume, however, that you are keeping your vote on Fynx even though you no longer agree with the case against her because you oppose the Dark Blueberry wagon.

This isn't a direct indictment of you, Mockingbird, but I'd like the record to show that I now believe that if Dark Blueberry flips scum, Mockingbird is a plausible partner trying to shield her from the RVS wagon.

The above will not constitute a case against Mockingbird unless Dark Blueberry flips Scum.
    Oh, I said that you have a pint not that I am considering fynx not a possibility anymore. Now, I wanted to see the reaction of Fynx but I guess that's no longer possible since you made me explain my intentions. But just so you know I don't have an issues voting against Dark except the fact that I currently consider Fynx a better bet.

But if you insist I will trust you and vote against Dark.

Blog Entries

Oh, I said that you have a pint not that I am considering fynx not a possibility anymore. Now, I wanted to see the reaction of Fynx but I guess that's no longer possible since you made me explain my intentions. But just so you know I don't have an issues voting against Dark except the fact that I currently consider Fynx a better bet.

I'm not insisting, you can (and should) vote for whoever you think is scum. As I said, that's your prerogative.

As for your first paragraph, I don't really see how the fact that you explained you're looking for scumtells (which should be a given, everyone should always be doing that) prevents your pressure-vote on Fynx from working. It's not like there was some secret answer you were hoping she'd give to prove she was Town and I forced you to say what it is - you can vote someone and tell them you're examining their reactions and the scumhunting will still work.

I'm not insisting, you can (and should) vote for whoever you think is scum. As I said, that's your prerogative.

As for your first paragraph, I don't really see how the fact that you explained you're looking for scumtells (which should be a given, everyone should always be doing that) prevents your pressure-vote on Fynx from working. It's not like there was some secret answer you were hoping she'd give to prove she was Town and I forced you to say what it is - you can vote someone and tell them you're examining their reactions and the scumhunting will still work.
    Uhhh, saying out loud always affects the reaction of the target. But let's not get into the same debate gain I shouldn't have mentioned it sorry.

Anyway I am just waiting for Fynx and we will see.

Blog Entries

1.) Yes, stating your intentions will affect the reaction - but it's easy to adjust your reads to account for this.

2.) Then let's tell her she's being questioned: @Fynx

Fair enough.

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Err just to check, DB is being votes for unhelpful posts, and Fynx for calling them mafia fluff posts or something like that?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    Err just to check, DB is being votes for unhelpful posts, and Fynx for calling them mafia fluff posts or something like that?
    Fynx voted for Dark Blueberry for making a fluff-post and then vanishing without contributing to scumhunting. I jumped in behind her to build an RVS pressure-wagon.

You'd have to ask Jokool and Mockingbird about the Fynx-wagon, since I'm afraid I don't completely understand it. I think Mockingbird would prefer not to discuss it, however, until Fynx responds.

Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    You'd have to ask Jokool and Mockingbird about the Fynx-wagon, since I'm afraid I don't completely understand it. I think Mockingbird would prefer not to discuss it, however, until Fynx responds.
    Yes just like Master said I would like to hear what Fynx has to say before I discuss this any further. Explaining my point of view if fine though.

The basic idea is that when she voted for Dark it looked like she was trying to change topic of the discussion which seemed a bit suspicious. Plus the fact that Fynx also went rather silent after that, juts like Dark did. Of course Master said that the debate that Fynx attempted to stop wasn't really relevant to scumhunting so I can't say that it's my best bet but it's something.

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

"Because of masters," just drives home the already obvious point that this vote is random, and basically translates into, "I'm placing this vote here so I can say I voted during RVS, but please don't follow my bandwagon because it has no basis and is probably wrong." It is self-defeating. Even if Soulmaster happens to be Scum, he isn't going to be threatened by this vote because the wagon has no teeth - he will not feel pressured, and he will not scumslip - in fact, he probably won't respond at all. I wouldn't.
    While I understand that, I don't know how else I am expected to try and either start a bandwagon or incite conversation first thing without it seeming 'too pushy' or 'suspicious'.

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Momoka View Post
    "Because of masters," just drives home the already obvious point that this vote is random, and basically translates into, "I'm placing this vote here so I can say I voted during RVS, but please don't follow my bandwagon because it has no basis and is probably wrong." It is self-defeating. Even if Soulmaster happens to be Scum, he isn't going to be threatened by this vote because the wagon has no teeth - he will not feel pressured, and he will not scumslip - in fact, he probably won't respond at all. I wouldn't.
    While I understand that, I don't know how else I am expected to try and either start a bandwagon or incite conversation first thing without it seeming 'too pushy' or 'suspicious'.
    I can understand that. For the record, I like pushy RVS wagons - they're more threatening to scum and thus more effective. You are right, though, a lot of people will call it "odd" and, as we all know, "odd" = "scummy."

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast