Mafia: Pokemon Best Wishes! Season 2 Mafia - ENDGAME TOWN AND INDEPENDENT WIN 06/01/13 - Page 12

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: Pokemon Best Wishes! Season 2 Mafia - ENDGAME TOWN AND INDEPENDENT WIN 06/01/13

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Pokemon Best Wishes! Season 2 Mafia - Day 3 The Love That Didn't Evolve 03/01/13

Aww I'm dead. Sorry my faerie, sounds like I was the target. Good luck town and thanks for letting me play Human

I'll always remember you~
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Best Wishes! Season 2 Mafia - Day 3 The Love That Didn't Evolve 03/01/13

@FinalArcadia; I really don't want to go into that debate again. I already tried my best to explain my reasoning to you, it might not have been well explained but defending myself is a very new thing for me.

For now, I will VOTE: Momoka. @Momoka; Using similar logic to what got Fynx lynched and me suspected. At the very end of Day 1, you expressed doubts about DB and then voted Fynx later on. What made you think DB was town? You also said very little during the last phase, it would be nice to hear your thoughts.

Oh and Human, that was some epic flavor text. XD
    HumanDawn likes this.

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Shadows View Post
    For now, I will VOTE: Momoka. @Momoka; Using similar logic to what got Fynx lynched and me suspected.
    The logic was sound so I went with it, like many others did. And I don't see how it was a bad thing, she was the fool and got lynched. It's not as if she were town. And if she had stayed, there would have been more of a chance for her to side with the mafia so she could avoid being night-killed and get lynched.

At the very end of Day 1, you expressed doubts about DB and then voted Fynx later on. What made you think DB was town? You also said very little during the last phase, it would be nice to hear your thoughts.
    I never said I even had suspicions on Dark Blueberry. In fact, I was one of the few people to believe her and think she was town. I assumed she was since her arguments didn't come across as overly defensive, and/or aggressive. She seemed genuinely concerned for the town and she didn't contradict her thoughts at all. Instead, whenever she was being pressed to 'get a suspicion' she kept reiterating that she didn't have any and that if she did , it would only be because Fynx voted her but that was the only case she could think of. I admit I didn't have much at all to say last phase. I feel that it is better to barely speak if you don't have anything to say at the moment, rather than making something up in the heat of the moment.

EDIT: Also, looking back, I've said more than you have, so I don't know why you're calling me out for purposes that sound like 'slight inactivity'.
    Last edited by Momoka; 3rd February 2013 at 07:20 PM.

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

追放されたバカ

N-No. Just no. How dare you mafia. How dare you pick on my harpy. I don't care if I died, but my harpy - the Shiro to my Neko, the Mikoto to my Reisi, the Izumo to my Seri, the Kurogane to my Fai, the Trish to my Dante, the Rose to my Raideeeeeeeeeen - how dare you pick on her.

I'm such a creep.

I loved that flavortext though. Good luck town! Thanks Human for letting me play! ^^

Blog Entries

I'm not sure who to vote for right now. I'm torn between FinalArcadia and Shadows.

I'm curious, what does everyone else think of them?

Also, does anyone know if @Yata; and @Midorikawa; have a ship?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor jokool View Post
    I'm not sure who to vote for right now. I'm torn between FinalArcadia and Shadows.

I'm curious, what does everyone else think of them?

Also, does anyone know if @Yata; and @Midorikawa; have a ship?
    I would be pleased with a wagon on either one of them right now, as they are my only remaining scumreads from my previous list (I'll work on a new one soon).

However, the update seemed to indicate that the nightkill was motivated by this:

Cynthia and Dawn didn't do much scheming either, but they picked one person whose support cheered the Unova League suspects to do better to find the real culprit.
    Yata had been fairly quiet, so this definitely fits Midorikawa better. She was also listed first, so I think it's likely she was the actual nightkill, with Yata consequently dying.

Who was Midorikawa suspicious of?

Vote: FinalArcadia

Since we effectively get two lynches in a row, with the Night Phase being skipped, I'd like to take this opportunity to propose a 1vs1 between @FinalArcadia and @Shadows.

Basically, I'd like you both to explain why the other would be a better lynch today, and if the one we decide to lynch today flips Town, we'll seriously consider (this isn't a 100%) lynching the other tomorrow.

And... GO!

EDIT: Upon further examination, it is possible the flavor text was referring purely to Mido's and Yata's roles. Doesn't change my reads on Shadows and FinalArcadia, however.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

All right, a showdown. How exciting. XD

Shadows is a better lynch choice, because she has been playing overly safe, in a manner that seems too cautious and hesitant to actually scumhunt. To me, this is an indication of mafia trying to lie low, and not step on anyone's toes.

Other players have been lying low as well, but it is what I perceive as contradictions and fallacies in Shadow's posts (particularly those of Day 1) that are of most consideration and note.

When stating somebody has a "very anti-town mentality," how is that not reason to vote (but the very reason for this mentality seemed to later become her reason that Blueberry was town, which is another issue in and of itself)? Then, she said Fynx was even more suspicious than the person with "anti-town mentality," yet STILL didn't vote? There seems to be an overabundance of caution, trying to seem to have a strong opinion without really acting on it.

She never voted during Day 1, she showed hesitation to the Fynx wagon but didn't provide an alternative... even in the last day phase and now when I have pressured her, she never seems to provide any scum tells or try to give another potential suspect. I think she's trying to keep her hands clean of any townie deaths (and in the case of Fynx, unless she was rolechecked, mafia would've thought she was town anyway) while putting on false airs.

I've brought info to the table, I've brought analysis, and I've brought discussion. And I've acted on those things. For that reason, I am comfortable with voting Shadows still, and that is my proposal why you all should be as well.
    Last edited by FinalArcadia; 4th February 2013 at 11:07 AM.

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

FA brings up some valid points in my opinion. Shadows is oddly neutral in her votes, even when she states someone is suspicious and worthy of the lynch, she doesn't seem to act on it. And oddly enough, she voted me even though she didn't state I had "anti-town" mentality and I think she was just doing so to get the attention off of herself. It looked that way to me, since I really am still confused about that vote. In addition to that same vote, she stated that my logic got Fynx lynched(which wasn't a bad thing and it wasn't just me to do it, everyone agreed on lynching her) and put suspicions on her... which I really barely recall happening, if I remember, it was FA to bring suspicion on her but... either way, it was contradictory to me.

VOTE: Shadows.

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

Blog Entries

UNVOTE: Momoka
    VOTE: FinalArcadia
    Sorry, Momoka, I just voted you to tie the votes up. I wanted to know what DB said that made her look town to you, so thanks for answering that question.
    ...I really don't know what to say right now. To be honest, I think there's a slight possibility FA could be town. Leading a lynch on a townie and never backing down on it does not seem like something a mafioso would do. If I get lynched, it puts a massive target on her back Day 4, right? Unless she was planning to apologize to all you guys and say something like "omg I can't believe how scummy shadows was! well it's still good we got rid of her since she wasn't helping scumhunt anyway" later on and hope she would be believed. Which is possible. She's doing a great job of being believed so far. :P
    Well, to me FA is obviously the better choice because I know I'm town, but I'm not sure about her. But that isn't good enough.

Midori brought up some good points about the way FA treated Fushimi compared to the way she treated Dark Blueberry. They were accused of the same thing: not having anything to add. However, FA seemed to especially bother Fushimi for opinions, but she didn't bother DB very much. I think it's possible that FA saw other people were already pressuring DB so she decided to lay off, and look like she supported the lynch, but didn't push for it as hard as others did.

The way we progressed from the DB lynch was interesting. Instead of going after the people who endorsed the lynch the most (which is what I usually see in mafia games here), we went after the people who appeared to have doubts about DB and ended up not voting her. I was one of those people. And who is the person pressuring me the most right now? FA. She might have wanted to make sure that people wouldn't go after her for "jumping on the bandwagon", like what normally happens, so she was one of the main people using this "let's go after the people who DIDN'T lynch the doctor!" mentality.

Then the update comes, with Human's awesome flavor text. It said that Cynthia and Dawn went after someone encouraging the town to do better. Midori was the one who brought the case against FA, and she was killed for that. The FT is sending us a message, town. We can do better than proceeding to lynch the people that expressed their doubts on a mislynch. FA has done some very inconsistent things in this game, and our votes would be better on her. That is all.

I'm off to school now. I doubt I'll be able to check anything before the update, but I'll try. Tear this post apart, do whatever you want. I'm trying not to give up, but it's hard.

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

Midori brought up some good points about the way FA treated Fushimi compared to the way she treated Dark Blueberry. They were accused of the same thing: not having anything to add. However, FA seemed to especially bother Fushimi for opinions, but she didn't bother DB very much. I think it's possible that FA saw other people were already pressuring DB so she decided to lay off, and look like she supported the lynch, but didn't push for it as hard as others did.
    Fushimi is usually very quiet, and notice that after Day 1, she hasn't really said much. Knowing that, I tried to get some out-of-the-gate posts from her, which didn't exactly work. But in all honesty, my reason for pestering her was because it's clear that she can be exceptionally good at flying under the radar. With Dark Blueberry, she'd kind of made her own grave, and seeing that, I gave her my vote. I had a hard time believing that somebody wouldn't cooperate to save herself if a townie, but she seemed unwilling to give any reason to seem town.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadows
    The way we progressed from the DB lynch was interesting. Instead of going after the people who endorsed the lynch the most (which is what I usually see in mafia games here), we went after the people who appeared to have doubts about DB and ended up not voting her. I was one of those people. And who is the person pressuring me the most right now? FA. She might have wanted to make sure that people wouldn't go after her for "jumping on the bandwagon", like what normally happens, so she was one of the main people using this "let's go after the people who DIDN'T lynch the doctor!" mentality.
    Dark Blueberry was using a very anti-town mentality, as you said yourself. It wasn't hard to see why she got lynched, so you caught my eye. It's not so much that you DIDN'T vote her as it is that you acknowledged that she wasn't being pro-town, yet still didn't vote. Compounding that, you didn't vote for the person you seemingly found more suspicious. It seemed too neutral, too safe, and a way to post without being able to be blamed.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

VOTE: Shadows

we went after the people who appeared to have doubts about DB and ended up not voting her.
    It's not just that you appeared to have doubts; you seemed certain that, yes, she was using an anti-town mentality, and despite your acknowledgement of that, you still didn't vote her. It's extremely neutral, to a negative point; if you know and agree that someone is working against the town, isn't it a logical conclusion that she deserved your vote? It's just plain anti-climatic that you didn't vote her, since iirc, there wasn't much reason not to.

so she was one of the main people using this "let's go after the people who DIDN'T lynch the doctor!" mentality.
    It doesn't matter that she was the doctor. Nobody could have known that she was, so I don't understand why you're bringing it up; it's an unnecessary point, seemingly thrown in there just to make FA look more suspicious when it really holds no weight at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadows
    It said that Cynthia and Dawn went after someone encouraging the town to do better. Midori was the one who brought the case against FA, and she was killed for that. The FT is sending us a message, town. We can do better than proceeding to lynch the people that expressed their doubts on a mislynch. FA has done some very inconsistent things in this game, and our votes would be better on her. That is all.
    I wouldn't pay too much attention to the FT, because it could be highly misinterpreted (*looks at GX mafia*) or not mean much. Not trying to completely rule out a possibilty, just highly unlikely. Anyway, I don't really see how FA has done anything that inconsistent while you have, which others have pointed out.

Vote: Shadows

Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia
    Fushimi is usually very quiet, and notice that after Day 1, she hasn't really said much. Knowing that, I tried to get some out-of-the-gate posts from her, which didn't exactly work.
    I won't deny how I'm usually quiet, but I really wasn't able to get on yesterday or the day before, so... And doing that on Day 1 wasn't going to get much out of me. I barely ever have anything to add on day 1 unless something actually happens, and all that pretty much happened Day 1 was the usual argument and things like that.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Phase Over. Update Pending.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

2. @m0ckingbird20;
    3. @Akuraito;
    6. @Shadows;
    7. @Doctor jokool;
    8. @FinalArcadia;
    9. @Momoka;
    10. @Fushimi;
    11. @Master Mew;
    13. @Soulmaster;

Day 4 - Hot Wailord On Humans Action

Marlon was the target of the day. The eyes of the suspects were on him. "You seemed to be very indecisive when we decided to take Iris to the Darkness.". "What can I say? I saw her to be harmless," responded Marlon. "noooo!!! you did that to avoid suspicion once she turns up to be innocent all along!!!". And so the majority of the votes were on Marlon. Marlon, who was utterly mad at the result, decided to screw with those that lynched him before going into the Darkness.

"WAILORD! COME ON OUT!" yelled Marlon, as the big whale came out of its pokeball, and crushed the suspects. To add insult to injury, the blizzard came and froze the Wailord and suspects, having to endure a night frozen, under the big fat Wailord. Marlon couldn't help but smile at the tragedy he caused.

"Sayanora!"

It is now Day 4. You may now vote and talk in thread once again. Private Communications aren't allowed, and roleclaiming can be done. This phase will be over tomorrow at 10PM GMT+1

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Best Wishes! Season 2 Mafia - Day 4 Hot Wailord On Humans Action 03/01/13

^^; was it that obvious that I was mad and didn't know what to do? Sorry :P

Best wishes, town! :) Thanks for hosting and letting me play, Human, and that update cheered me up XD
    Midorikawa and HumanDawn like this.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast