Mafia: Pokemon Best Wishes! Season 2 Mafia - ENDGAME TOWN AND INDEPENDENT WIN 06/01/13 - Page 11

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: Pokemon Best Wishes! Season 2 Mafia - ENDGAME TOWN AND INDEPENDENT WIN 06/01/13

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Pokemon Best Wishes! Season 2 Mafia - Day 2 Hunger Games 01/01/13

Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew
    However, you neglected to mention your thoughts on the Fynx wagon. I'd like you to commit to an opinion on that, rather than just run up a counter-wagon without acknowledging it at all.
    Fynx's initial vote of Dark Blueberry wasn't just a random, joke vote in that it had a reason behind it, one that did make sense. When she returned to unvote, she claimed that Blueberry's behavior seemed constant and town-like, which is pretty similar to what Shadows said in her first post after the game got underway. The difference there is that Fynx didn't have any contradictions that stood out to me - she didn't say that not providing reads was town-like while later asking for some, like Shadows did, for instance. So for that reason, I feel that my vote is more optimally placed on Shadows than Fynx.

Additionally, the speed with which others joined the Fynx bandwagon has me hesitant to join in as well, since I wouldn't put it past a mafioso to have been an early rider on the wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadows
    How hard is it for a mafioso to fake a read on someone? So many people had posted, there were plenty of things to go back and check. DB could (probably) clearly see that everyone wanted scumreads, and that he was being voted partly because of the lack of scumreads. If he were mafia, wouldn't he have made up a decent read to throw off suspicion? It would be the obvious thing to do.
    But how hard would it be for a townie to fake a read on someone as well? If you thought the lack of reads seemed indicative of town, then why did you ask her for town-reads after saying that having not "any reads" at all was what made her likely innocent to you? Such reads wouldn't have given anyone a better lynch option, because it's all well and good to know who somebody thinks is town, but alternatives are needed to move a lynch elsewhere. So I just don't get what you were trying to accomplish with that question, other than to perhaps try to work out a "I think Shadows seems town" or something, since you were one of the ones kind of defending Dark Blueberry.

Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa
    The way she handled Fushimi and DB was too different despite them acting similar.
    How did they act similar? Fushimi hadn't posted at all before I mentioned her (if I recall), whereas Dark Blueberry had when she mentioned the Unova League episodes and nothing else. As I said before, Fushimi hadn't said anything even though I knew full well she had looked in here, and seeing her behavior in past games (in my own game, as a recent example), I wanted to at least get her talking a bit.

Also in regards to Midorikawa, I find the way you keep bringing up Master Mew's apparent post restriction-like pink text noteworthy. He's clearly either not going to answer what happened, doesn't know, or is unable to, so why keep bringing it up?

I'll always remember you~
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    But how hard would it be for a townie to fake a read on someone as well?
    It wouldn't be hard for a townie to fake a read, either, but a townie shouldn't have to fake reads. Isn't that only something the mafia does?

If you thought the lack of reads seemed indicative of town, then why did you ask her for town-reads after saying that having not "any reads" at all was what made her likely innocent to you? Such reads wouldn't have given anyone a better lynch option, because it's all well and good to know who somebody thinks is town, but alternatives are needed to move a lynch elsewhere.
    Because no one else seemed to think that not having any reads could be a towntell. Townreads would generally be a little easier to come up with, right? I was thinking that if she mentioned some people that looked town, we could do a process of elimination type of thing to figure out who she thought could be scum, without having to make her look.

So I just don't get what you were trying to accomplish with that question, other than to perhaps try to work out a "I think Shadows seems town" or something, since you were one of the ones kind of defending Dark Blueberry.
    I already gave a reason for why I thought DB was town. I know I should have probably elaborated a little more on Day 1, but like I said, the Internet connection was horrible and I knew I didn't have much time.
    Last edited by Shadows; 2nd February 2013 at 01:25 PM. Reason: trying to format this thing... :/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shadows View Post
    It wouldn't be hard for a townie to fake a read, either, but a townie shouldn't have to fake reads. Isn't that only something the mafia does?
    A townie shouldn't have to, you're right, but when somebody is under pressure and in clear danger of being lynched, I don't think it would be out of the realm of possibility for a townie to fake some reads. Maybe not even "fake," but to grasp at something or anything. On a side note, I'm surprised DB didn't do that, being the doctor and all where she'd probably want to survive even more than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadows
    Because no one else seemed to think that not having any reads could be a towntell. Townreads would generally be a little easier to come up with, right? I was thinking that if she mentioned some people that looked town, we could do a process of elimination type of thing to figure out who she thought could be scum, without having to make her look.
    Explained like that, I can kind of understand the reasoning behind it, but it still comes across as a contradiction to me. Plus, she said she had only null reads or something at one point, so if that was true, we wouldn't have been able to use process of elimination. And when somebody is under such suspicion and likely to be lynched if no action is taken, I don't quite understand why we would have been trying to make it so she didn't have to look. That almost would free her from having to provide a defense, which is a key component in mafia games.

Blog Entries

Explained like that, I can kind of understand the reasoning behind it, but it still comes across as a contradiction to me. Plus, she said she had only null reads or something at one point, so if that was true, we wouldn't have been able to use process of elimination. And when somebody is under such suspicion and likely to be lynched if no action is taken, I don't quite understand why we would have been trying to make it so she didn't have to look. That almost would free her from having to provide a defense, which is a key component in mafia games.
    Yeah, I know I said that she "didn't have any reads", but the posts after mine all asked her if she had "scumreads", so I was thinking that she might have interpreted my post to mean the same thing. Which was why I asked her for townreads specifically later on, for the reason I mentioned already.
    You're right, it would almost free her from providing a defense. I never really thought about it that way before, actually. But, well, if you think about it from her point of view, she had logged on to a lot of votes for her, and I could clearly tell from her posts that she was panicking. I was one of the few people who suspected she was town, and, well, I just wanted to find a way to make it easier for her, since she seemed to have given up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shadows View Post
    You're right, it would almost free her from providing a defense. I never really thought about it that way before, actually. But, well, if you think about it from her point of view, she had logged on to a lot of votes for her, and I could clearly tell from her posts that she was panicking. I was one of the few people who suspected she was town, and, well, I just wanted to find a way to make it easier for her, since she seemed to have given up.
    There was definite panic in her posts, I agree, but when somebody panics, I don't know if I agree that they should be given an easier time. When a lot of the point of votes stacking on someone is to put the pressure on them to see what kind of reactions and info they'll give, trying to help seems to defeat the purpose. We now know she was town, of course, but if she couldn't find a way to defend herself had she survived in coming phases (prior to being able to claim later), that would've also led to problems which trying to give her an easier opening wouldn't have helped.

I can understand that you may have wanted to help if you believed she was town, but that's a bit hard for me to swallow when in your post that you tried to give her an opening, you said "DB's mentality seems very anti-town to me."

What I'm getting at is that your behavior seemed contradictory, trying to give openings to someone who you stated seemed "anti-town" in mentality, not voting for the person you found even more suspicious than the one who was "very anti-town," claiming that her lack of reads was more indicative of town yet later saying that very mentality seemed "anti-town"... that is the crux of my argument here.

Not taking action one way or another with a vote of some sort also stands out to me, since it seems like a good way of avoiding whatever heat may come from the outcome of the phase.

Blog Entries

There was definite panic in her posts, I agree, but when somebody panics, I don't know if I agree that they should be given an easier time. When a lot of the point of votes stacking on someone is to put the pressure on them to see what kind of reactions and info they'll give, trying to help seems to defeat the purpose. We now know she was town, of course, but if she couldn't find a way to defend herself had she survived in coming phases (prior to being able to claim later), that would've also led to problems which trying to give her an easier opening wouldn't have helped.
    No point in stacking votes and putting pressure on someone if the pressured person just gives up. The whole reason for pressure-voting was so the pressured person can scumhunt to find better targets. If they refuse to do that, then what's the point of continuing to put pressure?

Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia
    What I'm getting at is that your behavior seemed contradictory, trying to give openings to someone who you stated seemed "anti-town" in mentality, not voting for the person you found even more suspicious than the one who was "very anti-town," claiming that her lack of reads was more indicative of town yet later saying that very mentality seemed "anti-town"... that is the crux of my argument here.
    By "anti-town" in mentality, I meant that she seemed to be giving up. By the end of the phase, she pretty much kept on repeating the same thing, "I have no reads". It was not the fact that she had none that made me think she was anti-town, it was that she effectively stopped trying. We don't want to lynch townies, especially not the doctor, so she should have said something. Which was why I had asked her for townreads.

Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia
    Not taking action one way or another with a vote of some sort also stands out to me, since it seems like a good way of avoiding whatever heat may come from the outcome of the phase.
    Quoted for irony. XD

Edit: okay, I have to go somewhere now, and I won't be back until after the update, just to let you guys know.
    Last edited by Shadows; 2nd February 2013 at 02:48 PM.

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

@Shadows; If you thought DB was town you could have tried to help her by providing a better lynch target or shared the thoughts you just now shared.
    @FinalArcadia; 1) I'm just curious as to his post color though I don't see why it's notable, as I'm still doing my job as town. 2) You asked Fushimi for reads and she said she had none, and yet you let her off right after, while DB got your vote despite saying she didn't have reads either. Why did Fushimi get special treatment?

The Lord of the Dance m0ckingbird20's Avatar

Visit m0ckingbird20's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    @Shadows; If you thought DB was town you could have tried to help her by providing a better lynch target or shared the thoughts you just now shared.
    @FinalArcadia; 2) You asked Fushimi for reads and she said she had none, and yet you let her off right after, while DB got your vote despite saying she didn't have reads either. Why did Fushimi get special treatment?
    Both really good points I am also interested on hearing your opinions guys.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    @FinalArcadia; 1) I'm just curious as to his post color though I don't see why it's notable, as I'm still doing my job as town. 2) You asked Fushimi for reads and she said she had none, and yet you let her off right after, while DB got your vote despite saying she didn't have reads either. Why did Fushimi get special treatment?
    1) It's notable to me because you've repeatedly brought it up when everyone can see that he's typing in pink and that he likely doesn't have anything to say about it. It just seems that you're bringing more attention to it when it is unnecessary.

2) For one thing, I asked Fushimi early in the phase, so it was a little bit more believable that she had no reads. I let her off because, like she said, it was early. And not long after that, I logged off to play PS3 anyway. When I came back, Dark Blueberry's insistence on not providing any reasons to not lynch her (or who would be a better target) was more incriminating, so my attention also shifted to her.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Update Pending. Phase Over.

Blog Entries

1. @Fynx;
    2. @m0ckingbird20;
    3. @Akuraito;
    5. @Midorikawa;
    6. @Shadows;
    7. @Doctor jokool;
    8. @FinalArcadia;
    9. @Momoka;
    10. @Fushimi;
    11. @Master Mew;
    12. @Yata;
    13. @Soulmaster;

Night 2 - Just As Planned

Ash was battling Trip to advance in the Unova League. Trip's Serperior was suffocating Ash's poor Pikachu, but luckily, Pikachu managed to escape Serperior's clutches to land the final blow on Serperior, making Ash the victor of the round. "We did it Pikachu! We did it!" cheered Ash. "Hmmph. Thank you Serperior. You did great. I guess my dream to battle Alder as the victor of the Unova League will have to wait." said Trip. "Going to the Darkness is even better."

It was time to try to get rid of another suspect in the day. The majority of the suspect's eyes were placed on Trip, on who had made Iris laze off talking to him. "Hey, we all hate this guy as well, so sending him to the Darkness shouldn't be bad right?". "Yeah, and it's not like we have any better alternatives."

Trip tried to look devastated that he was going to be sent to the Darkness, and luckily for him, nobody thought that it was all an act. "Hey let me send him!" proclaimed Ash with a smile in his face. "I think I can go into it myself, thank you very much." Trip told Ash. "Nah! This is something that the majority of the Pokemon fandom who watches the show has wanted to do since the first episode of this saga!". Ash immediately commanded his Pikachu to electrify Trip, paralyzing him. After, all the other suspects started kicking Trip, making sure that every bone in his body had been damaged. Badly. They later picked his cramped body up, and threw him into the Darkness.

"Best Wishes, Trip!"

CONGRATULATIONS TO FYNX ON WINNING THE GAME!

This does not mean that the game is over. Either side can still win.

It is now Night 2. You can only communicate in PMs. The phase will be over at 9PM GMT+1.
    Last edited by HumanDawn; 2nd February 2013 at 05:20 PM.
    Midorikawa likes this.

Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

Default Re: Pokemon Best Wishes! Season 2 Mafia - Night 2 Just As Planned :-D 02/01/13

Yay, I've been dying for this moment :P
    I never expected that trying to get lynched would be this stressing. xD

Thanks for the game, Human! Good luck to the players ^_^

FC: 2294-4703-4926 | 제노바
    Friend Safari Info: Flying (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Fletchfinder)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Best Wishes! Season 2 Mafia - Night 2 Just As Planned :-D 02/01/13

Update Over. Phase Pending

Blog Entries

Day 3 - The Love That Didn't Evolve

The night was a really quiet one. Not many words were exchanged, nor that many plans for the day to come. Cynthia and Dawn didn't do much scheming either, but they picked one person whose support cheered the Unova League suspects to do better to find the real culprit. In their room they came, and there they kidnapped them and sent them to the Darkness.

Virgil went to check if Bianca was in her room, so that he could talk to her about something. He saw that nobody was in her room. Being slightly puzzled, he thought that she wandered off somewhere, and asked the receptionist if they saw her leaving. "I'm sorry Virgil, I haven't seen the girl leave.". "It's alright. I'll just go to bed then.". Unfortunately, he couldn't sleep. His paranoia was boggling his mind. He was worried that something terrible could have happened to Bianca, and so left the hotel and went to search for her.

"I will go wherever you are. Climb any mountain. Use whatever is necessary. Leap cliffs. Dodge fire. I will run fearless. I will find a way, or make a way. Even if I have to drag myself to you. I have faith in you. I will break rules. I can wait, Love is Patient. Even with heavy chains. Even if the world is crumbling. I will jump blindly. I will give it all. I will dare to fly... But all of this is just a Pretentious Dream. I'm already too late. I've built up too much space in our Tiny World... by passing up too many chances to say how I feel, for the Force had already taken you. So now, I must follow and go into the Darkness, where we will be with each other once again."

A strong blizzard is coming in the night. Thus, Night 3 will be skipped. This means that when Day 3 is over, the next phase will be Day 4.

It is now Day 3. You may now vote, and claim your role. Private communications still aren't allowed. The phase will end tomorrow at 10PM GMT+1.
    Last edited by HumanDawn; 3rd February 2013 at 03:53 PM.
    Faerie likes this.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Best Wishes! Season 2 Mafia - Day 3 The Love That Didn't Evolve 03/01/13

That update... ;_;

VOTE: Shadows

For the reasons I stated last day phase, and for the responses that were given in our debate. Everything felt too contradictory, and a little too safe as well.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast