Mafia: Pokemon Best Wishes! Mafia - ENDGAME! - VICTORY FOR TOWN AND INDEP 10/11/12! - Page 20

Page 20 of 54 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Like Tree248Likes

Thread: Pokemon Best Wishes! Mafia - ENDGAME! - VICTORY FOR TOWN AND INDEP 10/11/12!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Best Wishes! Mafia - Day 2 - Shock of Death 19/10/12!

Give me something to defend, and I'll defend myself. Jokool's argument lacked substance, this was pretty broadly accepted earlier (including by you, as I recall), and his argument never changed.

You, however, suddenly think his argument makes sense and I need to offer more rebuttal?

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    Give me something to defend, and I'll defend myself. Jokool's argument lacked substance, this was pretty broadly accepted earlier (including by you, as I recall), and his argument never changed.

You, however, suddenly think his argument makes sense and I need to offer more rebuttal?
    Anything would be fine rather than ignoring it completely. And I still don't agree with jokool's argument. It's your reaction to the whole thing (or lack of) that I find odd.
    New Track: Going Up

Winner of the Most Creative Host, Fair Hosting & Best Mafia Series Awards for the War Room Awards 2012.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by J J M View Post

Anything would be fine rather than ignoring it completely. And I still don't agree with jokool's argument. It's your reaction to it (or lack of) that I find odd.
    I gave it the reaction it deserved, a brief one:
    This is the most erratic, wagon-happy town I've ever seen.

There was no freudian slip, I had already stated my reasoning.
    "already stated my reasoning" there referring to the lengthy debate we had about Leavanny during the Night Phase.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

And if not, better to risk lynching an inactive Townie than an active one.
    This logic really is flawed. :< I've seen plenty of people be inactive as a townie when they're a power role as to not attract attention to themselves, so...it could easily backfire.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Akuraito View Post
    And if not, better to risk lynching an inactive Townie than an active one.
    This logic really is flawed. :< I've seen plenty of people be inactive as a townie when they're a power role as to not attract attention to themselves, so...it could easily backfire.
    Of course it can, anything can backfire. Lynching an active Townie can also backfire, obviously.

Yeesh, obstructionist, much? Maybe we should just sit on our hands?

These games are about more than just power roles, a vanilla townie can be more valuable to the town if they are contributing in-thread and the power roles aren't. No one is suggesting that inactive=mafia, but activity is certainly just as worthy of examination as any other form of evidence.

I think I've been very fair thus far in my accusations. I've mentioned anyone I considered accusing first to give them a chance to rrspond and reserved judgment to hear them out. But when someone checks the thread after being called out on their inactivity and still doesn't reply, I'm supposed to just take you and Baron Dante at your word that it isn't suspicious?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Best Wishes! Mafia - Day 2 - Shock of Death 20/10/12!

Yes, I realize that. But that wasn't really my point. To me, activity isn't really an indicator either way. *shrug*

When did I say that it wasn't suspicious?

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Though... in some cases, staying inactive as to not attract attention could later backfire.

Blog Entries

We have this inactivity debate in every game, guys.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

We have this inactivity debate in every game, guys.
    ...Wow, we kinda do, don't we. ^^; I'm sorry.
    Yato likes this.

Blog Entries

These games are about more than just power roles, a vanilla townie can be more valuable to the town if they are contributing in-thread and the power roles aren't.
    Unless they're just distracting the town from following solid leads. Or they're mafioso leading the town subtly. Besides, Power roles often operate behind the scenes (i.e. PMs or alliance QTs) with players they've found trustworthy via either their checks or reading town-tells. And while those alliances can get tainted by mafia ahem, Advance Wars mafia :3 they usually end up creating a strong town voting force that can find mafia by process of elimination and night actions.

When someone targets an inactive player said player sometimes gets flustered and comes off as scum because they have little to defend themselves with due to silence in thread. And more often than not they end up being townie. Especially early on.

I'm not saying going after inactive players is bad. Just that it's not really bound to yield good results day 2.
    Akuraito and Faerie like this.

Blog Entries

She checked the thread from her phone while she was working

She didn't post because obviously she was busy

Mafia!
    My life is a nightmare

Blog Entries

Vote: Master Mew

NOT for Jokools reasoning either. Like J J M said, you've very lightly defended yourself while trying to throw attention to others. Not to mention every one of your foses and votes this day phase have been OMGUS or Inactivity. You voted Jokool, who voted you. You fosed Aelita solely based on inactivity. You fosed Baron Dante for disagreeing about Aelita and stating the true statement that she does what he likes and can be very unpredictable. Then you said J J M, who was questioning you, was starting to become one.

Also in regards to the vig/kill, it said a shadowy figure leading me to think that the Shadow Triad is behind it as an independent Team Plasma group, or an isolated serial killer.
    My multiple point of view Hunger Games Story

Winner of MLP Mafia, Simpsons Mafia, War Room Mafia 2, Pokemon Mafia: Kodomo Ne, Companions Quartet Mafia, LOST Mafia, Hunger Games Mafia, and Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs Mafia, Havendale 2 Mafia, Twilight Mafia, Supernatural Mafia, Magic of Gardonia Mafia, and Disgaea Mafia.

Host of Bloodshed in Blackthorn, Family Guy Mafia, Assassins Creed Revelations Mafia, and Fus Ro Mafia.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Tried to analyze a bunch of main actions everything up until page 19. Enjoy.

Gotpika; Throws out the possibility of LeavannyDuo being "the fool."

Chiplet; Inactivity, but being argued as forum wide inactivity.

FinalArcadia; Joke voted Mijzelffan Day 1, changes to Leavanny Duo. A bit caution of voting Levanny Duo though. Doesn't really feel the MM bandwagon votes.

CrackFox; Day 1 voted Rio Kamishiro for voting her first and starting the bandwagon.

Mijzelffan; Voted Rio Kamishiro Day 1. Argues MM's reasoning:

Later votes MM because he buys jokool's reasoning.

Iteru; First post and only post, doesn't really understand the MM bandwagon either.

Karamazov; Day 1 voted Crackfox, because he's going with his "gut". Also explained to Kidbeano that
    Except my reason, like theirs, wasn't based on logic or deductive reasoning. I just went with it because I felt like it. I have a 50/50 chance of lynching someone in the mafia, anyway.
    Dude, you're reading way too much into this. I'm not trying to be some expert strategist because I'm not. I voted for her because I felt like I should. I know it's the beginning of the game and Crack can't do much to defend herself, but it's worth a shot.
    Dark Blueberry; Thinks LeavannyDuo's behavior is just newbie behavior rather than scum and thinks a cop check for LD would be ideal.

Midorikawa; Votes Leavanny Duo day 1. Follows MM bandwagon Day 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    UNVOTE: Master Mew

I got confused with another mafia and thought Leavanny was killed in this one ^^;

VOTE: @Karamazov;

You voted someone who already had a vote on them day one, and KidBeano was the one who called you out on it. Seems scummy that he died and you were having conflicts with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    VOTE: jokool

Meh why not. Let's see where this goes. Now we need one more to tie the votes
    Akuraito; Votes Leavanny Duo day 1. Is against a LD cop check. Suspects that the kill was changed at the last minute. Follows MM bandwagon day 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Akuraito View Post
    Master Mew: 4 (jokool, Mijzelffan, Sputnik, Akuraito)
    Leavanny Duo: 1 (Rio Kamishiro)
    jokool: 4 (Master Mew, FinalArcadia, Midorikawa, 見捨てられた一)

Alright, now... we basically have zero leads.

When in doubt, scan the thread for inactives! *shrug*

Who's been quiet?
    It's Day 2. Hardly time to be looking at inactives, really. ><

jokool; Comedic behavior Day 1. Not willing to vote LeavannyDuo because of the possibility of it being bad. Suspects jokool because of his assurance of LD's death.

Ryoga Kamishiro;

Quote Originally Posted by Ryoga Kamishiro View Post
    I don't know, I still think Leavanny could be independent. She doesn't seem to care about the Town at all, and only for her own survival. Or, she could just be obvious mafia, I guess...?
    Insanish Danish; Follows Leavanny Duo day 1 wagon. Later says that "at least we know LeavannyDuo wasn't lying". Later on post:

Quote Originally Posted by Insanish Danish View Post
    Barry is my favorite rival <3

Anyway, I definitely don't think this clears Leavanny. I'm not saying it's a definite she's mafia, she could certainly be innocent too, but I was suspicious of her behavior earlier and those suspicions haven't gone away. I think there's a very good chance she's mafia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanish Danish View Post
    Even if she's not mafia, she's definitely not acting like she's town. Her behavior definitely does point to her being mafia. If not that, maybe she's independent. But I'll be very surprised if it turns out she's town.
    Rio Kamishiro; Joke voted Crackfox Day 1 and thinks LeavannyDuo's claim is sketchy. Suspects a serial killer is in our midst. Votes LD Day 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Rio Kamishiro View Post
    Gotpika has a point, she does seem rather "fool-ish". Especially her bizzarre way of "defending" herself... I guess we can always lynch her and see.
    Neon Borealis; Suspects LeavannyDuo.

Sputnik; Follows wagon and votes Leavanny duo day 1. Follows MM bandwagon Day 2.

Baron Dante; Votes Leavanny Duo Day 1. Votes jokool Day 2.

Leavanny Duo; Joke voted Gotpika Day 1, later changed it to Crackfox, following the bandwagon due to "sudden suspicion." Later on says she "suspects" Mastermew. Precedes to unvote Crackfox. Very very very scummy behavior which is defended as being "novice" behavior. Supposedly lynch redirected a lynch toward Soulmaster.

Atomic(who later turned up mafia) made this post regarding things.

Anyways, I'm going to assume Leavanny Duo's ability is one-shot, since NEVER being able to be lynched is a bit overpowered, especially if she's mafia. I've seen town-aligned redirectors before, but IIRC it usually isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic View Post
    either way she's not helping the town at all
    SageGaga;

見捨てられた一; Votes Leavanny Duo day 1.

Aelita;

Madame Pika; Day 1 votes LeavannyDuo for bad reasoning, casting the first vote of the bandwagon.

DrumBeats; Cautious of voting Leavanny Duo because of the "Auto-reflector" role so votes Paul role.

Master Mew; Voted jokool Day 1 because:
    Because you flipped townie last time I accused you, so based on my calculations you are the most likely candidate to be mafia at the momen
    Also everyone on the Crackfox bandwagon earned a "Fos" from him.

Also had some suspicions about Rio Kamishiro. Later weighs in regarding Leavanny Duo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Just because someone did something before doesn't mean they're always going to do the same thing again. And assuming that will only make you more prone to making vital mistakes at some point because of it.
    It's DAY ONE. Of course my logic is convoluted.

I'm grasping for straws like the rest of you, but at this stage in the game there's very little evidence in-thread (other than Leavanny, who I already FoS'd).
    Doesn't see a point in a LD cop check given it would be a waste supposedly since she'd "probably be killed" or lynched.

Ok, so...

Aelita popped over and viewed the thread after I mentioned her, but still didn't post. Then Baron Dante showed up and defended her. Then J J M (who defended me earlier this same phase) showed up with sudden suspicion.

At this point, either Aelita has a severe post restriction, or she is mafia. Baron Dante and J J M are inching their way into my FoS range as well.

FoS: Aelita
    FoS: Baron Dante

Vote: jokool

For starting a bandwagon against me for what even he admitted was weak reasoning.

Still four votes on me at the moment. It's way too early to claim, but for the record: You don't want to lynch me.
    Why aren't you even trying to defend yourselves... (sorry if I missed it)? And why do I have a feeling you're trying to redirect attention off yourself to the inactives instead of actually trying to find scummy players?
    This is a straw-man, I'm pretty clearly trying to fish out scummy players.

VeloJello;

J J M; Says there's not a lot of options to vote for Day 1. Says LD is probably a novice. Defends MM's post as LD's death being probable and MM simply stating that.

Ok, so...

Aelita popped over and viewed the thread after I mentioned her, but still didn't post. Then Baron Dante showed up and defended her. Then J J M (who defended me earlier this same phase) showed up with sudden suspicion.
    Because of the reasons I mentioned just now. And why are you still not doing anything to defend yourself other than a simple claim not to lynch you right now?

This is a straw-man, I'm pretty clearly trying to fish out scummy players.
    Since when is inactiveness=mafia?

Elysion; Joke voted Dark Blueberry Day 1.

*Something I would like to point out about a lot of the LeavannyDuo bandwagoners is the fact that their votes were the first votes they had made in contribution to the game.
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 21st October 2012 at 11:27 AM.

Blog Entries

Whoever said Chiplet has been inactive forum wide is bullshitting. They've had activity for the past 4 days.

追放されたバカ

Oh wow really?

Um...wow. Maybe they just...forgot about the mafia game they signed up for? No, they get mentioned, so that can't be it. Perhaps they could have just decided they didn't want to partake in this game anymore. I mean, I remember in the Advance Wars Mafia there was this one player who never responded in the game, despite numerous mentions.

I'm not going to vote for someone inactive though - there's way too many players right now and I mean there are many quiet players in games I have noticed that turn out to be town. (Not that I've played a lot, only started this past...month and a half?)
    Last edited by Faerie; 21st October 2012 at 12:26 PM.

Page 20 of 54 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast