Mafia: PokéMafia [VILLAGE WIN!] (GAME OVER) mods can close the thread. - Page 11

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: PokéMafia [VILLAGE WIN!] (GAME OVER) mods can close the thread.

Default Re: PokéMafia [Day-6] (Post your lynches)

2 villagers will be lynched...hope there's not more accidental GM confirmation in there. But we've still got a slight buffer, assuming only one person ends up lynched.

yeah theres nothing i can do at this point gg

im glad my fake pm held up ok at least

Blog Entries

Deadline Reached.

Dear lotuspirate,

You are Victreebel.

You are a plant like thing who enjoys sucking on humans. Or one human in specific, who happened to have released you. So now you are stuck jumping on pokemon instead, which people find annoying, but not harmful. Yet.

You, along with scizor and weezing, who are {Rocker32703} and {The Golden Tyranitar} respectively, formed a mafia group know as the big bullies who are buffy and a bit buffoonish. You decided it would be shorter to call yourselves the BBBBB. You joined because you are unapreciated and no one seems to like you. So you will kill 'em all.

Due to everyone being used to you jumping on them, they are fine with it, as long as you get off soon. therefore, every night, you may send coolking503 and Badalcristiano a pm with the title Night [x], jumping on <user>. <user> will be jumped on and you will secretly excrete toxins into their system, shutting them up for the day. Should they talk they will be god killed. However, the user's body will have many anti-bodies in their blood, and therefore you may not jump on the same user on consecutive nights, since it won't have any affect.

Also, you must choose with your mafia who to kill. On odd nights, you must send in a PM to badalcristiano and coolking503 with the title Night [x], murder <user>. If the alive members of your mafia all send in the PM with the same user, that user will die, unless protected in some way.

Remember you are in a powerful role, and many evil factions, as well as the village, would like to dispose of you. They may try to attack you during the night, or through the daily lynches. Be careful to who you reveal your identity, and good luck.

You are allied with the BBBBB, you win if the BBBBBB eliminate all unfriendly threats.
    The mafia faction has lost.

VILLAGE WINS!

Post game coming soon.

1)Flamesazer - diglett; Would've won the game, if he sided with the mafia, but played solo and messed it up for the village to some extent and for the Mafia.
    2)RyeKew - Jynx ; Seemed like he knew what he was doing, but got killed early due to bad decisions and thus couldn't do much.
    3)gastly's mama - gengar; Where do I start.. Brilliant thinking, great work in convincing team mates and great quick thinking
    4)The Golden Tyranitar - Weezing ; Inactivity
    5)Music Masato - Minun ; ^^
    6)TheProphetJerematic - Alakazam ;
    7)The Fake Psychic - plusle ; played pretty well, though could've thought twice before making decisions.
    8)Nash - Tyranitar ; Same as above.. almost
    9)senzura- jigglypuff ; inactivity
    10)Rocker32703 - scizor ; Pretty sad play, made random decisions without trying to contact his teammate and thus making really really bad decisions
    11)lotuspirate - victreebell ; Same as gastly's mama. He played brilliantly. Though due to the lack of smart teammates, it cost him the game, along with one desicion. He should've silenced TFP and killed Gastly's mama, thus preventing himself from being lynched today and would've won the game.
    12)Vayre - wobbufett; Played OK didn't do much
    13)feng277394 - rattata ; Made random desicions and some pretty stupid ones that cost him a lot.
    14)Trilobyte - lopunny; Got killed early
    15)Shima - ampharos; Played smart but overactive.
    Last edited by Badal; 6th July 2010 at 06:49 AM.

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: PokéMafia [VILLAGE WIN!] (post game yet to be posted)

Niiiiiice. Good game, everyone. I hope to see another game of this - I'm disappointed I didn't get to join in from the start, if you have another I definitely will.

Also lol at the fact that my coin flip didn't actually matter!

Blog Entries

I'll soon be hosting another game, once I finish the characters and stuff

Its tough when you have an average of 2 tests per day

Ahh, I'm so not good with one time use abilities. I always want to save them incase the worst happens, even when it's already the worst it'll get.

Was an interesting game though, I was surprised by the number of vigs but I was pleasantly surprised when I saw people holding back. The little slip coolking told me about being protected by the doctor definitely made it clear who to lynch. I was probably being overparanoid thinking of roles that could exist, overall it was a nice simple game.

I still have no idea why Feng faked that PM. The biggest thing that hurt the game to me was inactivity, it was a shame since it could've been made interesting.

AKA Midnight Celtic The Fake Psychic's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Heh, yeah, I probably shouldn't have been so brash. I'm actually normally not quite so loud when I play mafia.
    Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.

Blog Entries

Uhh I made stupid decision? D: Badal why are you always negative about me.

Lol, I tried going really broad to make the game more active.

Oh well, village won so Good Game.
    Last edited by Feng; 6th July 2010 at 05:39 PM.

Blog Entries

By that i meant the fake pm... In. A new game with users new to the. Game fake role pms aren't the best of. Things an d will turn you to their bad side

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by badalcristiano View Post
    By that i meant the fake pm... In. A new game with users new to the. Game fake role pms aren't the best of. Things an d will turn you to their bad side
    Ahh k. Anyways, I'll be willing to join in the next time!

Ah..Too bad I died! It was fun causing havoc and confusing everyone!
    Pretty smart deductions, though, Gastly's Mama.
    Good game everyone!
    -The flames will burn on...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by badalcristiano View Post
    I'll soon be hosting another game, once I finish the characters and stuff

Its tough when you have an average of 2 tests per day
    No you fucking won't.

Apologies for this ensuing aggression, but this was by far the shittiest mafia game I have ever had the misfortune to be a part of.

Firstly, it's been strongly discussed and confirmed at Smogon that 1 Village 2 Mafia games are broken. This was only proven further by the mafia being wiped out fast, but that's another criticism.

Now, all mafia games require activity, and a good chunk of it. When I saw half the folk not active, even after my death (which was universal fucktardery by the village failing to realise the logic behind a leader) I knew this game was gonna be terrible. My hunch was correct.

Now, Badal, I know this is your first mafia game hosted, but let me tell you from experience that godkilling due to inactivity is one of the best ways possible to fuck your game up with. You effectively gave the village their victory by godkilling a whole mafia faction, which is something the host should NEVER do under ANY circumstances.

Not that it mattered, however, since the folks here have successfully proven that BMGf Mafia CANNOT work. A lack of players leading to a short list, massive hosting mistakes as well as a complete and utter lack of coordination between villagers led to a game that may as well have never existed.

[/rant]

MFW ponies

Fishy Bubbles

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

I think BMGf Mafia could work. I liked the set up of this game. The godkilling was pretty shitty, particularly the extent of the godkilling (as Trilobyte said, a whole faction is ridiculous)

Perhaps double mafia games are broken, but at least know we know. (Stress on the "we" because even if it was established elsewhere that doesn't mean it was here)

Next time you're starting a Mafia game, post it in your signatures and mention it to people and tell people that they have to be active. I think a single, larger Mafia would be better. Also, telling the identity of allies was stupid. If Victreebel had gone before Weezing, Weezing's fake role PM would've been pointless.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gastly's Mama View Post
    I think BMGf Mafia could work. I liked the set up of this game. The godkilling was pretty shitty, particularly the extent of the godkilling (as Trilobyte said, a whole faction is ridiculous)

Perhaps double mafia games are broken, but at least know we know. (Stress on the "we" because even if it was established elsewhere that doesn't mean it was here)

Next time you're starting a Mafia game, post it in your signatures and mention it to people and tell people that they have to be active. I think a single, larger Mafia would be better. Also, telling the identity of allies was stupid. If Victreebel had gone before Weezing, Weezing's fake role PM would've been pointless.
    He actually was advertising the Mafia game in his signature until spots got filled. After the rate of signups halted, they had to reduce the roles. Also >_> the only reason I believe there was any real inactivity was because most BMGers haven't heard much of mafia before, so they don't know how it's done -> leading to inactivity.

Stop being hard on him, jeez!

You got lynched for asking for role claims, that's far from ridculous. Hell, I figured you were new just like Feng over there and just playing stupidly.

I've played and read all sorts of weird factioned games, 2 town 1 mafia, 3 mafia 1 town, 2 mafia 1 town, and all that shit. I've seen it work well before and played it well before, just because some hosts aren't imaginative enough to think of powers to counter mafia sniping at each other and still having a chance doesn't mean it can't work.

A real mafia community is hard to start, it's usually better to just have a good number of people saying "Yeah, I play on another site, I'd love to join in here" than to say "I want to host one and hope enough people sign up". The hosts weren't the best of course, but it happens with no games under your belt. Telling me there was a doctor out there told us exactly who to lynch and that wasn't a good thing.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast