Like Tree92Likes

Thread: OTP MAFIA - MAFIA VICTORY [06/01/13]

Blog Entries

Follow hurristat on Tumblr

Default Re: OTP MAFIA - Night 5 [4/1/13]

Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    What are your thoughts on post #154?
    Quote Originally Posted by jda95 View Post
    It's slightly ridiculous. Yes, activity is generally pro-town. Yes, even "joke votes" can be used as ammunition in later phases.
    Yep.

But this prolonged discussion of the mechanics of early scumhunting and all that jazz ACTUALLY ISN'T REALLY PRO-TOWN.
    Generally, you do want to talk about what is the optimal way to play. But Midori made things weird so the conversation d1 was not helpful.

Pro-town: Participating in voting based on your suspicions in the hope of hitting scum.
    wow this means nothing
    and i don't necessarily agree

Not pro-town: Extensive arguments over what is optimal play in day one and the extent to which certain posts can be interpreted and used as evidence to push lynches, which will most likely lead to personal suspicions being drowned in a sea of debates. We're voting for who we think is scum, not who disagrees with our playstyle and has offended our family honor.
    no

---------

so yeah
    those are my thoughts
    lemme look through today's posts and i'll edit this post with my vote and reasoning (i have become very busy this last week or so)

Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: OTP MAFIA - Day 6 [1/5/13]

Responding to Master Mew in reverse order.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    You two have had it entirely too easy in this game.
    What do you mean?

Vote: Phoenicks
    Please explain why twinArmageddons is Scum, or why you are not - either will do.
    The former requires that you present a case I can defend against; the latter, to make one I don't believe in. So I'm vaguely picking a third option, though explanations eventually circle back to "I'm not scum" anyways.

Basically, what I want to know is, how did the game get to this point? I know why I'm still alive (recent sub, lynched the Cop), but I'm having a hard time justifying you two.
    I can't give you an explanation as to why I haven't been nightkilled, though I speculate. I can't defend the town's record, since it's not the same as my record. It's a silly accusation to make but I'll address it as thoroughly as I can:

-Day 1 the town lynched Midorikawa.

I was focused on getting the town to be active. I voted twinArmageddons as a reaction test, and then as a joke vote. I voted Mijz, Buoy, and finally Insanish Danish as prods. That's one independent, one town, and two unflipped players (who I'm now leaning town on). Nothing to defend.

-Night 1 the mafia killed Buoy/Mako

The chief feature of this kill is that neither player contributed much. It was either a namekill, or a kill meant to generate WIFOM and confusion. Which is what we have now. Knowing what I know, I'd argue that the better choice would have been to kill me. Still, if you want to take this as a scumtell for me, there's no real defense I can argue.

-Day 2 the town lynched Midorikawa.

Day 2, by some oversight, I didn't vote. I guess you could call that a deliberate scum move. Winter Enchantress claimed vigilante, which made her a likely townie no matter what suspicions flew. I also thought that Midorikawa was townie, but, if my vote had been needed, I probably would have lynch her because she was getting in the way of the town's discussion.

-Night 2 no one was killed

There are lots of explanations, the likeliest of which supposing that the mafia trying to kill. Nothing to defend.

-Day 3 Mijzelffan was lynched.

I will entirely defend this lynch -- Mijzelffan was a suspicious actor who then claimed independent. It was a fair lynch.

-Night 3 Winter Enchantress/Akuraito were killed. This was probably a response to Winter Enchantress's claim.

-Day 4 Haruto Tenjo was lynched and I didn't vote.

If excuses are acceptable, I was finishing my very last college application (on which I'd procrastinated). If not, I don't have any particularly good defense for not voting. If I had been voting, I might've voted Parma until jda95 softclaimed a power role. If Haruto Tenjo had claimed cop, I would've voted depending on the results of her checks.

- Night 4 Leopard/Merry was killed

Considering that the rolecop has flipped, it's likely that the mafia knew that Leopard/Merry was the doctor. Or, perhaps, they were killing less-active players to keep open their lynch options. Hard to say.

- Day 5 jda95 was lynched.

Considering all the evidence, and how almost every player voted on this bandwagon, there's not much to say with respects to myself.

- Night 5 no one was killed.

See above.

It's a weak argument Master Mew. You can attack me or defend me based on the actual results of the game, but there's not much to say in either direction. If you really want me to defend myself from your attacks, I need something I can argue. Otherwise you're making things much more complicated than they need to be.

You and twinArmageddons sort of set yourselves up as the Town's babysitters leaders from Day 1 onward - so why did the Town play so poorly from Day 1 onward? Not once did we lynch scum until yesterday, and then not because of any mindblowing case put forth by an astute townie, but because of Cop breadcrumbs. This isn't an insult, it's a compliment... it just also happens to be the reason I'm voting you.
    See this isn't anything I can really defend against, like the above.

Couldn't figure out why all of the other, "Stop talking about Meta," posts irked you so much but you ignored jda95's... at the time I thought maybe you just didn't want to get into it with your pal, but... well, then he flipped Scum.

What prompted you to avoid the debate this one particular time?
    Because by that point I'd been saying that the discussion needed to move on. Since jda95 was also trying to move forward, even if he seemed to be attacking my position and is retrospectively scum, it was counterproductive to argue with his post.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post
    Pretty savvy because he got town-credit by rebuking discussion without creating any.

He was also wrong because "meta" as used here
    is every possible strategy the town uses etc.
    needs to be discussed when players are doing the "wrong" thing etc.
    etc. etc. etc.

Is there something I should be getting / responding to from this?
    Just wanted your thoughts on it - since you neglected to address it at the time, even though you made a point of addressing these posts with similar points (which came later, so it's not like you were already tired of the discussion):
    I stopped responding to those posts around the time that I realized that nobody would be convinced to policy lynch.

Oh yeah, almost forgot: What did you mean by "if I can't get the answers I want in the Night Phase, why should you?"
    I had asked Phoenicks and twinArmageddons a direct question and received no reply (even though every time I checked the thread Phoenicks appeared to be checking it, too).
    Wasn't the post that I responded to earlier, to which you responded in the section I quoted directly above this one?

You... didn't address the crux of my post. If I knew Haruto was the Cop, and I was Scum trying to save my Rolecop, I wouldn't have tried to lynch the Cop who had a guilty check on the Rolecop. It is impossible to argue that I knew Haruto was the Cop and at the same time argue that I thought it would be a good idea to lynch her to save Parma - since in order to know she was the Cop, you would either have to have followed her breadcrumbs (which indicate she had a guilty on Parma) or have a rolecop check on her (in which case I would have checked her breadcrumbs).

If the Mafia knew that Haruto was the Cop, then I would expect them to stay far away from that wagon (with the exception of jda95 and Parma, who had nothing to lose) - and if the Mafia didn't know that Haruto was the Cop, then your case against me is weakened considerably.[/QUOTE]

The argument loses some panache because it's possible that you had no idea that Haruto was the cop.

Master Mew, your arguments have been too complex -- you want to argue from a level of WIFOM higher than necessary. Occam's Razor has never been in your toolshed, and, for the labored quality your arguments have, I'm going to assume that you're town. Albeit a very confused one.

Now I'm going to go through FestiveGreen's posts and explain my (upcoming) vote:

Quote Originally Posted by FestiveGreen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Croag View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    Vote: Midorikawa

How's that for posting something? :b
    What's the reason for your vote?
    Just a vote really. I don't really like voting so early in a game when I have nothing to go on.
    >Doesn't like voting early on
    >Votes early on
    ^She does it better than I.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik
    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikaw

How's that for posting something? :b
    What's the reason for your vote?
    Just a vote really. I don't really like voting so early in a game when I have nothing to go on.
    Why didn't you just say that then?
    Because I don't know, Midorikawa wanted activity and I just voted for her because her name was the first one I saw.
    [/QUOTE]

Additionally, FestiveGreen never stated if he thought that Midorikawa was scum or not. Why did you keep your vote on Midorikawa, especially since she was the Day 1 lynch?

Quote Originally Posted by Haruto Tenjo View Post
    Also you forgot at least one other player in FestiveGreen and IIRC DrumBeats :P I know you're better than that so I do question the exclusion of those.
    I'm not going to make the excuse that I was tired, but I will say that some players slipped my mind to mention. I believe I saw DrumBeats post somewhat recently(maybe 1-2 days ago?) so I didn't think to mention him, but has FestiveGreen spoken up at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik View Post
    The other person that I find somewhat scummy is FestiveGreen, who posted, made a jokish vote, and hasn't said anything else. I don't really have mush else.
    Sorry about that, been a little busy with irl stuff and whatnot.
    This was your next post. It's fine to be inactive, but you recently claimed to have been active througout the entire game. Which is it?

I have to say though, I do agree with Haruto about the people who voted for Mido with no actual basis. Also, has DrumBeats [notification removed]; been active yet?
    You were one of them. :P

Vote: Mijzelffan

Fishier than a fishmonger
    This was your next contribution. You followed a bandwagon.

Vote: Parma
    This was your next contribution. You followed a bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by twinArmageddons
    you sort of flew in from nowhere
    and
    voted
    for no reason
    ????
    2iir ii do declare
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks
    You've not been active
    enough to appear and vote
    without any text.
    Ok, the reason I voted for Parma was even though she's been inactive, she's still suspicious, and I wanted to actually do something, and also this puts pressure on her to explain herself (unless she has now).
    Why didn't you explain yourself in the first place? Instead of "actually doing something," you voted -- and would have disappeared if you had not been asked to explain yourself. The reasons you provided are the same reasons that many other players provided for being suspicious of Parma in the first place.

If you were really suspicious of Parma, why didn't you push for her lynch when Haruto was about to be lynched?

Quote Originally Posted by twinArmageddons
    Vote: FestiveGreen
    all you have done is vote without reasoning and post contentless things, after several times of being pestered for answers.
    Mido vote: Joke vote

Mizzle vote: I voted for him because he claimed and he had no reason to.

Parma vote: See this: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f362/otp-mafia-night-4-%5B2-1-13%5D-144034/index27.html#post4533258
    By this point you had been asked -- several times -- to help scumhunt, offer some reads, and explain your own reasoning. Here you only did the latter and in no meaningful way contributed to the thread discussion. This far, you have only defended yourself and posted very weak votes. And, it's reasonable to say that the little activity you have provided has been almost entirely in response to people poking you.

@Croag

Something about your post seems odd to me, was it really an accident and that you did misread Haruto, or are you just scum?
    Then here you accuse Croag of being scum for lynching Haruto Tenjo -- when you did absolutely nothing to stop that lynch.

Vote: jda95

Already a suspicious character, and if you truly are paired with Parma, then that's another suspicious player out.
    You were the second voter on this lynch and, yes, it was still too late to contribute. jda95 and Parma had been established as the likeliest scum choices and, now that there's a clearly-established scum, you appear.

Additionally, your reasoning is based on the fact that jda95 is "a suspicious character". What does being "suspicious" mean? You have never explained why you thought that any player is suspicious, but act as though you have provided perfectly-good reasoning before.

I couldn't resist.

Why tomorrow...?
    Out of all the discussion that has been had, this is your contribution.

I have literally joke voted once and that was at the start, and I've been more active in this game since :I
    Except that you haven't contributed particularly much of anything.

Your activity has all the hallmarks of being entirely self-interested: you want to appear townie but aren't doing anything that actually helps the town.

Blog Entries

Vote: Nolynch

it's mylo
    wallpost pending upon my return from the real world

EDIT: I would've made this a new post except I have a massive new post incoming anyway. I'll reiterate this there if I get it out before phase changes.

Right now, we're presumably at 2 mafia and 4 town. It is to our advantage to nolynch. Work the numbers.
    Last edited by hurristat; 6th January 2013 at 09:02 PM.

I know this is coming a bit late, but at this point, I see FestiveGreen as the scummiest one here. And I'm not just saying that because others have said so. Here's why I believe so;

Quote Originally Posted by FestiveGreen

How's that for contributing hehe
    So here he joke voted...

And after Midorikawa questioned him, he said that. If he doesn't like voting early, then why bother? There are other ways to contribute beside voting. I just find that odd...

And most of his votes don't have much substance to them.

Vote: Mijzelffan

Fishier than a fishmonger
    Vote: jda95

Already a suspicious character, and if you truly are paired with Parma, then that's another suspicious player out.
    And when asked for a reason, it's normally because of someone just being "suspicious".

Why tomorrow...?
    And this may be interpreted as him being nervous about what master Mew might have dug up because he has something to hide? I mean, I didn't understand it either, but that was because I already found Master Mew(mainly Joltik who he subbed in for) a little suspect.

Anyway, because of those reasons...

Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

Voting locked, update pending.

Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Unvote: FestiveGreen
    Vote: No Lynch

Because it's MYLO and not LYLO.

Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

The angry crowd of shipper gathered around 'TheMissingno.', and they looked furious. If you judged by the look on their faces, you'd guess that they weren't there to ask for a hug. Each were carrying a weapon of some sort; torches, pitchforks, metallic sticks, Nokia phones, and so on. As they were about to get him, 'Luminosity' intervened. "LEAVE MISSY ALONE!" She cried. "BURN THE WITCH!" Was the crowd's reaction to this.

Quickly enough, the two lovers were tied on a pyre, side by side. Accepting of their inevitable yet cruel fate, they confessed their undying love for each other for what would be the very last time in their life. It was their way of showing them that they were above them. The scene looked like it was straight out of a picture found on Instagram.

At this moment, 'Aestivate' stood out from the crowd. She produced a megaphone from her backpack and yelled at the crowd to stop being such a group of derps and started her heroic speech.

"If there is something that I know in life, it's that love between fictional characters is important," she started. "But here, we are the fictional characters! It is our duty, to respect the hosts of this game's wishes, to make all of the ships shippy and canon and have feels and asdfsjhsd--" She was interrupted by 'Paperhorse', who joined her side once she realized that 'Aestivate' had just lost her ability to can. She opened her arms and invited her surviving children to join them. 'jda95' and 'Zenax', hand in hand, walked to them and helped tie 'TheMissingno.' and 'Luminosity' down.

The crowd's reaction was positive. Even the other canon ship agreed; in fact, 'Ryuutakeshi' and 'Feliciano' never truly wanted to have this war in the first place. All they wanted was to watch Les Misérables over and over again.

'Sputnik' and 'Akuraito', craving for marshmallows, decided to help 'TheMissingno.' and 'Luminosity' down from the pyre, then threw a torch in it. It quickly caught into fire, and became a beautiful bonfire. Everyone sat around, holding their significant other's hand and singing along with 'KidBeano' and 'Buoy', who were singing Kumbaya and We Are Family. From that day on, all canon and non-canon ships lived in harmony, as they remembered that feels were what kept this world running.

Blog Entries

Default Re: OTP MAFIA - MAFIA VICTORY [06/01/13]

I knew SunflowerShipping would be in there. XD I may have not been in this game, but you got my description pretty accurate, so I just had to say that. ^_^

While I'm here, I might as well congratulate the Canon Ships.

Blog Entries

BLUH I HAD PHOENICKS SNIFFED OTU
    honestly as soon as there was no kill last night i suspected him the most
    and i'm not just saying that. ask phoenicks XD

also, the lovely aestivate had croag sniffed out too so~

that, said, well played mafia. you deserved your win.
    Last edited by hurristat; 6th January 2013 at 11:23 PM.

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

I was watching the game after my death and I knew Phoenicks was mafia later on. Oh well, congrats mafia. Thanks for a great game even though I died early.

Also @twinArmageddons; @Phoenicks; To reply to what you said after my death. I know I can do good in mafias, as I have in some recently, I just didn't do well in this one.

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

Congratulations mafia~ you guys did very well. And thank you Paperhorse and Zenax for hosting!

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

dammit guys
    i told you to vote for croag D:

on the other hand I TROLLED THE RNG LULZ
    and yes i lost the ability to can

and i love paperhorse, my wifey
    we're actually canon

remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

Good game everyone, I'm glad the mafia managed to pull through in the end! Thanks to everyone else for playing and the hosts for putting together an excellent game. :D

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

the world is held together by feels
    yes it is

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast