Mafia: OTP MAFIA - MAFIA VICTORY [06/01/13] - Page 21

Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: OTP MAFIA - MAFIA VICTORY [06/01/13]

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

Default Re: OTP MAFIA - Day 3 [30/12/12]

I see that either this is some kind of mistake on the mafia's part, or a protection was used...

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

vote: parmalee

what made you choose midori over we?

Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: OTP MAFIA - Night 2 [29/12/12]

For Parma:

For Leopard:

For Joltik:

For Akuraito:

For FestiveGreen:

For everyone:

1. It's worth interrogating the players who appeared suddenly at the end, but it's worth investigating everybody. I think that it's a little disingenuous that the consensus is to go after those players -- I'd expect at least one mafioso to be hiding in the group of players who have formed that consensus. Especially when we have so little hard data (one role claim, one lynch, one night kill, and one no kill), the majority of our discussion has to be about scumhunting -- probing with questions and debate. Anyone responding only with reactions to the lynch, the role claim, and the night kill/no kill is not advancing the discussion.

(You all have heads -- use them! The town can only benefit when you contribute with your thoughts and try to actively scumhunt.)

2. It's going to be tempting to massclaim or partner claim following that nightkill. Don't. The mafia only benefit more when they learn everyone's roles -- they have more information than any of us do. A partner claim, likewise, gives the mafia a better idea of how to navigate public discussion.

@Aelita; @Soulmaster; You've both subbed in and (hopefully) have had enough time to respond. Thoughts?

@Mr. Fahrenheit; @Kaito Tenjo; @Parma; You three all came on near the end of Day 2 and voted for Midorikawa without much preceeding activity. Why?

@jda95; Why did you come on near the end of Day 2 and vote for Winter Enchantress?

@twinArmageddons; Why did you unvote?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post
    You three all came on near the end of Day 2 and voted for Midorikawa without much preceeding activity. Why?
    Now I hate to say this like it's some excuse, but I wasn't even on most of the day. Anyway, I know that isn't a good enough reason, so I'll also say this; Remember what I said when I voted her? I said that it might sound bad, but she seemed like she was going to hurt the town regardless of alignment. (all of the attention kept focusing mainly on her, and her actions were only going to keep everything going in circles) I admit, I was a tad nervous that comment would be seen in the wrong light, but it truly was what I thought and was going to say whenever I would have placed my vote or said anything else. Other than that, I felt as if everyone kept repeating themselves, and I would have just said mainly what everyone else was saying, so I stayed out of it.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Aren't you a little too hasty to accept twinArmageddon's analysis?

I guess this is the same question: Do you think that twinArmageddon is town or scum, and why?
    Since a majority of his response to me was based on simple statistics, I didn't see why it would be disputable or not to be accepted.

I would have to say that I believe that he's town over mafia or independent. He seems dedicated to provoking discussion, along with questioning/debating with other players, which, well, is very helpful. Idk, it just seems like his activity would have declined a bit or he would seem less caring about the whole activity issue if he were mafia. I'm not saying that I don't believe he could be mafia; for all I know, he is. But I'm leaning towards him being town as of now, albeit with somewhat weak reasoning towards that thought. ><

Blog Entries

This is what I have been discusing with my soulmate

1. We both agree that parmalee's vote was a little...odd. the most likely scenario I can see here is that scarlet and lee share the same role.

2. I think mijz has been a little quiet. Maybe too quiet. My soulmate even forgot he was in this game!

3. I have no idea what just happened. The fact that nobody died disturbs me a little. It could mean that the whole mafia is inactive{not very likely}, or that the mafia targeted the same person the doctor protected{more likely} which in this case I believe would be scarlet. So I think she's town.
    My life is a nightmare

Blog Entries

Follow hurristat on Tumblr

For Akuraito:

For Joltik:

Quote Originally Posted by Parma View Post
    I was too busy to post before that point in time, so I noticed the tie and wanted to break it.
    Vague. Short. One sentence.
    You're smarter than that, Parma.

Vote: Parma

I'll take it off if you explain yourself.

For Haruto Tenjo:

Quote Originally Posted by Haruto Tenjo View Post
    As I have been saying in thread, I don't think we should be paying attention to the ones who aggressively voted Midori/KidBeano. Rather, we should be paying attention to the ones who suddenly came in thread with barely anything to contribute on their own besides voting them. We shouldn't ignore everyone who votes them altogether, because surely one of the them was mafia, waiting for the chance to hop onto a promising wagon.
    There is a lot of surety in your voice.
    "Surely one of them is mafia"
    On the same token, you're saying that we shouldn't go after the people who voted for KB and Mido?
    What?
    A lot of what you're saying doesn't make sense.

I guess this is the same question: Do you think that twinArmageddon is town or scum, and why?
    you're cute

2. It's going to be tempting to massclaim or partner claim following that nightkill. Don't. The mafia only benefit more when they learn everyone's roles -- they have more information than any of us do. A partner claim, likewise, gives the mafia a better idea of how to navigate public discussion.
    THIS SO MUCH
    IF YOU ROLECLAIM OR TRY TO MASSCLAIM
    THERE WILL BE A RECKONING

twinArmageddons: Why did you unvote?
    I did not feel comfortable voting for Winter Enchantress. She had dispelled my arguments well enough. Likewise, I did not feel comfortable voting for Midorikawa. I would have hammered were it necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Akuraito View Post
    Since a majority of his response to me was based on simple statistics, I didn't see why it would be disputable or not to be accepted.
    This, my friend, is confirmation bias. When have statistics ever been simple? If I say a politician is up 51 to 45 the polls, that means nothing if I don't have the error. Sure, Winter Enchantress is probably going to kill a townie (if she's a vig). But that doesn't mean she's mafia.

You are all too willing to believe an argument if it's "town-sided"...

I would have to say that I believe that he's town over mafia or independent.
    Really now?
    Could I not be arguing for all of this free discussion to hide in the shadows myself?
    You all seem to be following what I want you to do! Isn't manipulation the trademark of the mafia?

Quote Originally Posted by Aelita View Post
    The fact that nobody died disturbs me a little.
    !!!

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by twinArmageddons
    The update spoke of a "chase" and a "distraction".
    The mafia tried to kill.
    The town used a condom.
    I mean a doctor.
    pick your words better and i won't 'make sex jokes :p
    How are you so certain it was the work of a doctor and someone just wasn't a 1x nightkill? I mean, it is certainly plausible, but the way you are 100% certain just from the FT...

mother of... I didn't mean for that to sound sexual, honest

There is a lot of surety in your voice.
    "Surely one of them is mafia"
    On the same token, you're saying that we shouldn't go after the people who voted for KB and Mido?
    What?
    A lot of what you're saying doesn't make sense.
    Maybe the way I've been wording this is odd. I meant that the ones who were more aggressive are less suspicious in my eyes. But I am looking at the ones who randomly posted after not posting much, just to vote Midori. I hope that was put in terms that could be understood.

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

cheese! Insanish Danish's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Insanish Danish on Tumblr

Vote: Parma

I've played enough games with you to know when you're acting suspicious, and the answer you gave for coming in and voting at such short notice doesn't exactly fly with me.

If you can come up with a more substantial explanation, however, I'll take my vote off. I've got my eye on other players too (mainly the others who voted for Midorikawa with no basis or reasoning whatsoever).
    back to being a non-edible pastry

Blog Entries

Follow hurristat on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Insanish Danish View Post
    the others who voted for Midorikawa with no basis or reasoning whatsoever
    this sentence has been come the flavor of the week
    using it gets you no points

Hitomi's Bulbahusband Mr. Fahrenheit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@Mr. Fahrenheit; You three all came on near the end of Day 2 and voted for Midorikawa without much preceeding activity. Why?
    I was largely away on day 2 and most of the discussion happens when I am asleep, anyways.

I think I already gave my reasons why I voted for midorikawa. I found her behaviour on days 1 and 2 scummy enough to place a vote on her.
    Last edited by Mr. Fahrenheit; 31st December 2012 at 04:15 AM.

remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

@jda95; Why did you come on near the end of Day 2 and vote for Winter Enchantress?
    Quote Originally Posted by jda95 View Post
    Vote: Winter Enchantress

She's been acting exceptionally scummy so far and her claim makes me very wary. If she is telling the truth about her vigilante claim I feel she'd be potentially even more dangerous than if she were mafia - as TA pointed out, a vigilante without the ability to properly analyze and scumhunt is more of a hindrance to the town than they're worth.
    pretty much everything I said here????? I never exactly "changed my mind" about the whole thing.

As a rule I will push for a lynch because I hate seeing an indecisive town getting completely floored by the mafia because of ties and no-lynches. A weak town is helpless against nightkills and has a much greater potential of having its vote controlled by the mafia. In this case, the argument on WE seemed more compelling than the one against Midorikawa, and there was a tie that needed to be broken.

speaking of nightkills am i the only one that finds it odd that there's been two nights without one :I

Hitomi's Bulbahusband Mr. Fahrenheit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

speaking of nightkills am i the only one that finds it odd that there's been two nights without one :I
    That's a bit odd find because there was a nightkill on night 1.

remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fahrenheit View Post
    That's a bit odd find because there was a nightkill on night 1.
    derp
    i'm thinking of the failed lynch on midorikawa on day 1

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

Why is the no nightkill turned into an issue? The most obvious solution is the doctor protected someone correctly, probably hurristat or someone else who appears to be town. Don't see what's the point in trying to find other explanations, unless you truly believe the mafia is all inactive people or something.

Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast