Mafia: OTP MAFIA - MAFIA VICTORY [06/01/13] - Page 20

Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 286 to 300 of 506
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: OTP MAFIA - MAFIA VICTORY [06/01/13]

  1. #286
    megane shota hurristat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    is it beautiful here
    Posts
    7,696
    Blog Entries
    37

    Follow hurristat on Tumblr

    Default Re: OTP MAFIA - Night 2 [29/12/12]

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik View Post
    Well, I thought that KB and Midorikawa did have the lynch stopping role, and that Winter Enchantress does look a bit scummy, but I'm trying to reread the whole thread to see what I can find.
    You've had two hours. Any thoughts that aren't reiteration?

  2. #287
    Entertainment Duelist Momoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    my room
    Posts
    3,526

    Follow Momoka on Tumblr

    Default Re: OTP MAFIA - Day 2 [12/28/12]

    Quote Originally Posted by Leopard View Post
    Probably best not to tag me at 2am in the morning :P
    Apologies. I just wanted to mention you at that time so you would see later, and I was going to sleep and I knew I would not wake up until noon, so...

    Also you forgot at least one other player in FestiveGreen and IIRC DrumBeats :P I know you're better than that so I do question the exclusion of those.
    I'm not going to make the excuse that I was tired, but I will say that some players slipped my mind to mention. I believe I saw DrumBeats post somewhat recently(maybe 1-2 days ago?) so I didn't think to mention him, but has FestiveGreen spoken up at all?

    all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

  3. #288
    Stoic Sunburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,946
    Blog Entries
    51
    Add Sunburn on Facebook
    Follow Sunburn on Tumblr

    Default Re: OTP MAFIA - Night 2 [29/12/12]

    Well, it's clear that there aren't a whole lot of leads. I know this is reiteration, but because of WE's claim she's looking less scummy (especially if she's killed, which if she's town would obviously be bad), and though we can look to the users who voted for KB/Midori, they can't really be blamed for placing their votes for users who turned up as town since we didn't have much information to go by, and that was the best assumption they could make. Like other users are suggesting, I'd like to see thoughts from inactives, users who have placed baseless votes, or users who have posted only once, etc.

  4. #289
    megane shota hurristat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    is it beautiful here
    Posts
    7,696
    Blog Entries
    37

    Follow hurristat on Tumblr

    Default Re: OTP MAFIA - Night 2 [29/12/12]

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunburn View Post
    Well, it's clear that there aren't a whole lot of leads.
    There have been a number of users posting.
    Bullshit.

    Like other users are suggesting, I'd like to see thoughts from inactives,
    Then spur them to action! Ask questions of them! You guys wonder why everyone's inactive and then you say "well, I'll wait for one of the inactives to speak up." Well of course everyone's going to be inactive if everyone is waiting around for the other person.

  5. #290
    Sometimes Quiet Joltik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    America
    Posts
    2,611
    Blog Entries
    63

    Default Re: OTP MAFIA - Night 2 [29/12/12]

    Quote Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik View Post
    Well, I thought that KB and Midorikawa did have the lynch stopping role, and that Winter Enchantress does look a bit scummy, but I'm trying to reread the whole thread to see what I can find.
    You've had two hours. Any thoughts that aren't reiteration?
    /late replay is late

    Okay, I think that Winter Enchantress has come off as somewhat scummy, and if she is not killed this phase then she should be considered a target. The only reason that a mafia would allow for a vig to live would be if they could get the vig to kill for them, and given that we can't have any talking outside the pairing QT or the thread, I find that unlikely. She could have also be a mafia with an extra kill that would claim vig( I've seen it done before) and would use that kill if the town asked the player to prove the role. I somewhat doubt that, since vig is common enough to be a risky fake claim. So I'm still on the fence on her.


    The other person that I find somewhat scummy is FestiveGreen, who posted, made a jokish vote, and hasn't said anything else. I don't really have mush else.

  6. #291
    Entertainment Duelist Momoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    my room
    Posts
    3,526

    Follow Momoka on Tumblr

    Default Re: OTP MAFIA - Night 2 [29/12/12]

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik View Post

    Okay, I think that Winter Enchantress has come off as somewhat scummy, and if she is not killed this phase then she should be considered a target. The only reason that a mafia would allow for a vig to live would be if they could get the vig to kill for them
    While I don't particularly think Winter Enchantress is definitely town, I find it suspicious how you say this. Now that you have said something like this, the mafia would surely not kill her anyway... unless you are scum and not wanting to waste a kill on someone who is already a potential lynch target. I also don't see why the mafia would waste a kill on her anyway, since she has been in the spotlight for potential mafia and a lynch choice. It would seem pointless, and I find it strange how you would bring something up like that.
    Akuraito likes this.

    all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

  7. #292
    Sometimes Quiet Joltik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    America
    Posts
    2,611
    Blog Entries
    63

    Default Re: OTP MAFIA - Night 2 [29/12/12]

    Quote Originally Posted by Haruto Tenjo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik View Post

    Okay, I think that Winter Enchantress has come off as somewhat scummy, and if she is not killed this phase then she should be considered a target. The only reason that a mafia would allow for a vig to live would be if they could get the vig to kill for them
    While I don't particularly think Winter Enchantress is definitely town, I find it suspicious how you say this. Now that you have said something like this, the mafia would surely not kill her anyway... unless you are scum and not wanting to waste a kill on someone who is already a potential lynch target. I also don't see why the mafia would waste a kill on her anyway, since she has been in the spotlight for potential mafia and a lynch choice. It would seem pointless, and I find it strange how you would bring something up like that.
    Because the vig is a huge threat to the mafia, and that's why a kill would be used. If I were mafia, I wouldn't take the risk. But that's just my thoughts.

  8. #293
    shhhhh.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Linfa's throne
    Posts
    6,612
    Blog Entries
    40

    Follow Parma on Tumblr

    Default Re: OTP MAFIA - Night 2 [29/12/12]

    I was too busy to post before that point in time, so I noticed the tie and wanted to break it.
    the vile, wandering one sneaks up

  9. #294
    Sometimes Quiet Joltik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    America
    Posts
    2,611
    Blog Entries
    63

    Default Re: OTP MAFIA - Night 2 [29/12/12]

    Quote Originally Posted by Haruto Tenjo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik View Post

    Okay, I think that Winter Enchantress has come off as somewhat scummy, and if she is not killed this phase then she should be considered a target. The only reason that a mafia would allow for a vig to live would be if they could get the vig to kill for them
    While I don't particularly think Winter Enchantress is definitely town, I find it suspicious how you say this. Now that you have said something like this, the mafia would surely not kill her anyway... unless you are scum and not wanting to waste a kill on someone who is already a potential lynch target. I also don't see why the mafia would waste a kill on her anyway, since she has been in the spotlight for potential mafia and a lynch choice. It would seem pointless, and I find it strange how you would bring something up like that.
    Because the vig is a huge threat to the mafia, and that's why a kill would be used. If I were mafia, I wouldn't take the risk. But that's just my thoughts.

  10. #295
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    332
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: OTP MAFIA - Night 2 [29/12/12]

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik View Post
    Because the vig is a huge threat to the mafia, and that's why a kill would be used. If I were mafia, I wouldn't take the risk. But that's just my thoughts.
    twinArmageddons has already demonstrated that it's much more likely that she'll hit a townie over a mafioso, especially with the lack of outside communications.

  11. #296
    Entertainment Duelist Momoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    my room
    Posts
    3,526

    Follow Momoka on Tumblr

    Default Re: OTP MAFIA - Night 2 [29/12/12]

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunburn View Post
    and though we can look to the users who voted for KB/Midori, they can't really be blamed for placing their votes for users who turned up as town since we didn't have much information to go by, and that was the best assumption they could make..
    As I have been saying in thread, I don't think we should be paying attention to the ones who aggressively voted Midori/KidBeano. Rather, we should be paying attention to the ones who suddenly came in thread with barely anything to contribute on their own besides voting them. We shouldn't ignore everyone who votes them altogether, because surely one of the them was mafia, waiting for the chance to hop onto a promising wagon.

    all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

  12. #297
    Sometimes Quiet Joltik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    America
    Posts
    2,611
    Blog Entries
    63

    Default Re: OTP MAFIA - Night 2 [29/12/12]

    Quote Originally Posted by Akuraito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik View Post
    Because the vig is a huge threat to the mafia, and that's why a kill would be used. If I were mafia, I wouldn't take the risk. But that's just my thoughts.
    twinArmageddons has already demonstrated that it's much more likely that she'll hit a townie over a mafioso, especially with the lack of outside communications.
    Well, I guess I didn't think of that.

  13. #298
    Merry Christmas! Oswin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,684
    Blog Entries
    38

    Follow Oswin on Tumblr

    Default Re: OTP MAFIA - Night 2 [29/12/12]

    Quote Originally Posted by Haruto Tenjo View Post
    Also you forgot at least one other player in FestiveGreen and IIRC DrumBeats :P I know you're better than that so I do question the exclusion of those.
    I'm not going to make the excuse that I was tired, but I will say that some players slipped my mind to mention. I believe I saw DrumBeats post somewhat recently(maybe 1-2 days ago?) so I didn't think to mention him, but has FestiveGreen spoken up at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik View Post
    The other person that I find somewhat scummy is FestiveGreen, who posted, made a jokish vote, and hasn't said anything else. I don't really have mush else.
    Sorry about that, been a little busy with irl stuff and whatnot.

    I have to say though, I do agree with Haruto about the people who voted for Mido with no actual basis. Also, has @DrumBeats; been active yet?

  14. #299
    Stoic Sunburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,946
    Blog Entries
    51
    Add Sunburn on Facebook
    Follow Sunburn on Tumblr

    Default Re: OTP MAFIA - Night 2 [29/12/12]

    It's not bullshit from my perspective. Most people were posting either about WE who isn't as suspicious at this point, or KB/Midori, who are dead. I'm new to this and still learning to analyze posts, so I'm sure I probably missed something and I'll look over things again, but besides some of the voting last phase which Haruto Tenjo mentioned, I don't see that much.

  15. #300
    Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,894
    Blog Entries
    79

    Follow Zenax on Tumblr

    Default Re: OTP MAFIA - Night 2 [29/12/12]

    "To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable."


    ― C.S. Lewis, The Four Loves

    ---

    The canon couple, ready to literally put someone to death with the strength of their love, followed their would-be victims all day long, waiting for an opportunity to strike. Logically, this would be best done in a place where no one could witness the incident. Not-so-logically, the couple happened to follow those who had decided to spend the day in an attraction park.

    When the non-canon ship entered a wagon of the Ferris wheel, their assailants entered the one just behind, ready to give chase. The next twenty minutes were nothing short of action-packed and mind-boggling pursuits, but these are details better left out. Point is, once they stepped out of the extreme attraction, they forgot about their murdering plan and instead were stuck with this nuisance called fun. This was not their day.


    It is now Day 3.


    This phase should end on December 31st at 22:00, Eastern Time.

Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •