Mafia: OTP MAFIA - MAFIA VICTORY [06/01/13] - Page 10

Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 506
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: OTP MAFIA - MAFIA VICTORY [06/01/13]

  1. #136
    megane shota hurristat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    is it beautiful here
    Posts
    7,696
    Blog Entries
    37

    Follow hurristat on Tumblr

    Default Re: OTP MAFIA- 12/26/12 Day 1

    Quote Originally Posted by KidBeano View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
    I never explicitly said it was scummy, I just said it was bad play. If you always do the same action in the same circumstances, that's terrible strategy. You don't strike me as mafia just yet
    You said it "worried" you. Why?
    actively encouraging the town to not do something on day 1 is dangerous
    if you're not going to vote, just don't vote. don't waste it on a nolynch. it sends the message "hey everyone you should all do nothing" which is pretty much the most anti-town message you can send day 1
    there's also the fact that you're going out of your way to deliver this message

    The question was "What do you have to contribute if you're active enough to post?". It might not have been the answer you or Phoenicks were looking for, but it's a valid answer - she can contribute her vote.
    hello yes everyone i can do the same thing as everyone else
    this gives me special permissions i hope you all have a nice day :D

    it's like asking "what do you have to contribute" and getting the response of "well, i'm playing the game"

    honestly, if you have a mislynch, you can't really go wrong with voting inactives. nothing will ruin a town's chances like an inactive town. removing that highly increases the town's chances of winning.
    To call inactivity on Day 1 is ridiculous.
    i think we have a difference of opinion here. i certainly think it's not.
    i've derailed the town as mafia so many times by just not posting at all day 1 and then no lynch happens and then no one cares and i win
    it's great

    I said I wouldn't vote someone on Day 1 without good reason. That then leaves two options: Vote No Lynch, or don't vote. If I don't vote, I can't complain about what happens because I took no measures to prevent it. I vote because I want a No Lynch - that's kind of the reason anyone votes, to get their desired result.
    yes town let's never vote and let the mafia dictate the votes
    honestly nolynching is only useful when you're working the numbers, i.e. a lylo condition
    otherwise you really have no excuse for nolynching
    mostly i see nolynching outside of lylo as indicative of a lack of conviction and of someone who is too afraid to step outside of their comfort zone for fear of being lynched, and in the process not contributing anything useful to the town
    THAT is why it worries me, because you seem devoted to hiding in your shell and not truly contributing to discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post
    And I agree with pretty much everything Leopard has said (seriously it's great to see you in a game) except for this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Leopard View Post
    it makes watching Phoenick's flirt with 'stat and PichuBoy more easily readable.
    (twinArmageddons started it.)
    buddy slow down there
    our flirting is veiled in twelve million layers of irony that i think at some point i'm pretty sure jda95 started it

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    Leopard: You may find them useless, but I find them useful in my hunting and rather have something to go off of on someone than nothing. I use past games to show possibilities. I prefer not to rule things out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    If I hear about meta I'll freak. Everything is always meta or wifom. We should be discussing and scumhunting, not talking about meta crap.

  2. #137
    I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,564
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: OTP MAFIA- 12/26/12 Day 1

    @twinArmageddons; I don't care what meta means. People say things are meta to denounce them as evidence. Which is why it and wifom annoy the heck out of me. I said past mafias can be used to show possibilities, not that things are set in stone. Every player uses their experiences in past mafias to try to play better in each game they're in

    Also I believe it was Phoenicks who talked about me liking posts. I like posts if I think they're funny or something in them is funny or I agree with them.

  3. #138
    megane shota hurristat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    is it beautiful here
    Posts
    7,696
    Blog Entries
    37

    Follow hurristat on Tumblr

    Default Re: OTP MAFIA- 12/26/12 Day 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    twinArmageddons: I don't care what meta means.
    That much is obvious.

    People say things are meta to denounce them as evidence.
    I never use meta to make an argument, I agree. But using specific examples of previous games or pointing to the actions of specific players in the past is what meta is. And that's what you're doing.

    Which is why it and wifom annoy the heck out of me.
    WIFOM is going to exist whether you like it or not, and ignoring its existence gets you nowhere. All it is is when you are thrown into a cycle of "they are mafia" "they are not mafia" "they are mafia" "they are not mafia" etc.

    If I say "hey everyone i'm mafia", your thought process would be:
    "Well they wouldn't actually say that in thread were they mafia because then they'd be lynched, so they're town!"
    "But they would want me to think that so they're not lynched and they become fairly clear, so they're mafia!"
    "But it'd be stupid of a mafia player to say that, so they're town"
    ad infinitum

    WIFOM is a state of being and therefore disliking its existence is a futile practice.

    But like Phoenicks, I'm done arguing about the minutiae of mafia mechanics. I'd be more than happy to explain the role of meta and WIFOM in mafia over in the situation room. This is not the place for a politic discussion.

    Back to relevant discussion:

    You say that all of this blustering about past games has allowed you to scope out some tells. Care to share? Not much use in hiding your suspicions.

  4. #139
    I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,564
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: OTP MAFIA- 12/26/12 Day 1

    @twinArmageddons; I'm still watching for now and can't say I'm sure who to suspect. I would need to go through the thread and analyze posts. I'm going to wait until after the night phase when I have a mafia kill to help with my analyzation. I'm also curious as to how this phase will end. Right now Insanish Danish and I are tied for the most votes. The votes on Insanish Danish are because they're inactive while one vote on me is for no reason, and @Buoy; never explained the reason for his vote on me.

  5. #140
    king of hearts Squall Leonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    balamb garden
    Posts
    1,717

    Default Re: OTP MAFIA- 12/26/12 Day 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa
    explained the reason for his vote on me.
    Just a guess of course, but it's probably because you mentioned him to say something.

    Anyway, I haven't said anything because I have no real reason to yet. Also, I could have been doing others things, but anyway, once I find a reason to vote or debate with someone, I will. Right now I have no reason to.

  6. #141
    noble roar Buoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    olivine city, johto.
    Posts
    2,105
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: OTP MAFIA- 12/26/12 Day 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    @Buoy; never explained the reason for his vote on me.
    does it really make a difference

  7. #142
    I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,564
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: OTP MAFIA- 12/26/12 Day 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    @Buoy; never explained the reason for his vote on me.
    does it really make a difference
    Yes. Insanish Danish had the most votes. You tied the votes preventing them from getting lynched if those who voted ID don't take their votes off. That makes me think that you're mafia protecting mafia or ID is your QT partner

  8. #143
    noble roar Buoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    olivine city, johto.
    Posts
    2,105
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: OTP MAFIA- 12/26/12 Day 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    @Buoy; never explained the reason for his vote on me.
    does it really make a difference
    Yes. Insanish Danish had the most votes. You tied the votes preventing them from getting lynched if those who voted ID don't take their votes off. That makes me think that you're mafia protecting mafia or ID is your QT partner
    yes. those are the only explanations possible... you are so... clairvoyant... i must sit down... catch my breath...
    DrumBeats likes this.

  9. #144
    Registered User DrumBeats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    83
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: OTP MAFIA- 12/26/12 Day 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    @Mr. Fahrenheit; it can but the majority of time for bmg its joke votes. Really only during the small games have I seen them start off serious
    @Phoenicks; I was just pointing out that he's being a hypocrit being he posted posts useless to the town as well. Also being active day on isn't town. Mafia could easily be just as active.

    @twinArmageddons; I actually think this is my first mafia game with you, I'm not sure who you've played with. I'm mainly pointing it out before the usual lynch vs no lynch discussion and its best to drop it before it turns into one like Phoenicks mentioned.
    Yes, but you are also being a hypocrite yourself by saying the joke votes give so much information, then when somebody joke votes you (And for obvious reasons) you pry into exacty why. Now, that being said, why did you vote for who you voted for? (Too lazy to go back in the thread and see xP)

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FestiveGreen View Post
    Vote: Midorikawa

    How's that for posting something? :b
    What's the reason for your vote?
    Same as above : P

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    @twinArmageddons; I don't care what meta means. People say things are meta to denounce them as evidence. Which is why it and wifom annoy the heck out of me. I said past mafias can be used to show possibilities, not that things are set in stone. Every player uses their experiences in past mafias to try to play better in each game they're in

    Also I believe it was Phoenicks who talked about me liking posts. I like posts if I think they're funny or something in them is funny or I agree with them.
    Meta is using examples of how somebody played in past games as a set in stone, this is how you'll play now circumstance. Meta is not a valid reasoning, because people often mix it up and it is 100% not allowed to be a reason for initial suspicion. Usually people who lean to meta reasons are mafia, and you seem to be using it a lot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    @Buoy; never explained the reason for his vote on me.
    does it really make a difference
    It does make a difference in most circumstances, but on day 1, I really don't see a reason that the lack of a reason could make you suspicious in. I mean since 90% of the votes are joke votes anyway, no reasoning can e read the same way.

    For everything stated above, Vote: Midorikawa. Coupled with the fact that inactive voting on day 1 isn't cool, especially when Danishs partner will have to live with the consequences of that as well.
    My multiple point of view Hunger Games Story

    Winner of MLP Mafia, Simpsons Mafia, War Room Mafia 2, Pokemon Mafia: Kodomo Ne, Companions Quartet Mafia, LOST Mafia, Hunger Games Mafia, and Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs Mafia, Havendale 2 Mafia, Twilight Mafia, Supernatural Mafia, Magic of Gardonia Mafia, and Disgaea Mafia.

    Host of Bloodshed in Blackthorn, Family Guy Mafia, Assassins Creed Revelations Mafia, and Fus Ro Mafia.

  10. #145
    I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,564
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: OTP MAFIA- 12/26/12 Day 1

    @DrumBeats; I voted Phoenicks as a joke vote but then unvoted him and voted no lynch due to finding no one suspicious at the time. Also when did I say that there's something wrong with asking about joke votes, at least that's assuming that Buoy's vote is a joke. With all the discussion going on I see nothing wrong with asking for the reason of someone's vote.

    @Buoy; Good job on never answering my question. So you have no reason.

    UNVOTE:No Lynch
    VOTE: Insanish Danish

  11. #146
    CAPS KidBeano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    967
    Blog Entries
    3

    Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: OTP MAFIA- 12/26/12 Day 1

    Am I right in thinking Mido and Insanish are tied for votes right now?
    MORE CAPS

    ~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

  12. #147
    I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,564
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: OTP MAFIA- 12/26/12 Day 1

    Quote Originally Posted by KidBeano View Post
    Am I right in thinking Mido and Insanish are tied for votes right now?
    Yes that's correct

  13. #148
    noble roar Buoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    olivine city, johto.
    Posts
    2,105
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: OTP MAFIA- 12/26/12 Day 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    DrumBeats; I voted Phoenicks as a joke vote but then unvoted him and voted no lynch due to finding no one suspicious at the time. Also when did I say that there's something wrong with asking about joke votes, at least that's assuming that Buoy's vote is a joke. With all the discussion going on I see nothing wrong with asking for the reason of someone's vote.

    @Buoy; Good job on never answering my question. So you have no reason.

    UNVOTE:No Lynch
    VOTE: Insanish Danish
    you are just SO correct today... i'm almost fainting at ur almighty power... when somebody doesn't give u a reason, that automatically means they have none!!!!!! i see u have been reading that well-known book "how to jump to the first possible conclusion for dummies" very closely

  14. #149
    Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    4,509
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: OTP MAFIA- 12/26/12 Day 1

    Note: The deleted post I made was a result of me being stupid and clicking "Post Reply" and not "Go Advanced".

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    @Buoy; never explained the reason for his vote on me.
    does it really make a difference
    Yes. Insanish Danish had the most votes. You tied the votes preventing them from getting lynched if those who voted ID don't take their votes off. That makes me think that you're mafia protecting mafia or ID is your QT partner
    In any day situation where there are competing wagons the chance of a tie is high. That chance is even higher when there are so many players and the bandwagon with the most votes has a total of 2 votes. You're playing so recklessly that you've put yourself into a place where everything looks scummy. As some friendly advice, you should take a step back, reconsider, and see if you have anything to learn. I don't think that you're scum. I think that you're grasping. It's hard to focus on everyone else when one player is the center of attention.

    On that note I'm going to push the "policy lynch inactives" thing again because they can contribute far less than anyone else at this stage of the game.

  15. #150
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    332
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: OTP MAFIA- 12/26/12 Day 1

    Honestly, Midori's behavior is really rubbing me the wrong way. She seems to be trying to hard to get anything on anyone, is jumping to conclusions, and, well, tying the votes like that just bothers me.

    Since I'd rather have a lynch than a no lynch and I certainly find Midori more suspicious than anyone else right now:

    VOTE: Midorikawa

Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •